PDA

View Full Version : New Slalom Ski

eyeball_jerry
01-09-2008, 09:19 PM
First: I did a search but found nothing, if I missed what I am looking for I am sorry, forgive me.

Anyway, I am thinking about down grading my slalom ski. I currently ride a System 8 with double Animal bindings, at 34 to 36 mph. I love the ski, but it seems that I may need somthing different for really nice carves free skiing. I can get into a course and ride, but more and more I just want to have a good time, throw some water around, and not feel like I want to die the next day.

What are some suggestions, suck it up and get an MPD or what other ski? Does anyone know of a good site that reviews and compares skis? Wakeworld is awesome for wakeboarding, but no skis.

Oh, if it matters I would be riding behind a, x-7, x-14 and x-15. So obviously the 15 wont be a flat flat wake.

jsc0324
01-09-2008, 09:51 PM
www.waterskitests.com

The Obrien Evidence looks like a great all around ski for the above average skier. I ski an HO Triumph which is similar. Since it's wintertime, there should be some good responses, even if it has been discussed before!!

Edmund
01-09-2008, 10:18 PM
I used a Triumph last summer which is a little wider than the System 8. It is a good ski. Also consider the Synchro.

No Skeez
01-09-2008, 10:26 PM
Jerry -

Why didn't you ask me about this when you were in on Saturday?? :D

Check out this thread: http://tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=21058

That's what I would recommend for you! Still almost the same performance of the System 8, when you want it, but much easier to ski!

Radar's boots should be shipping within the next week or two, so next time you are down you can check them out!

Let me know if you've got any other questions!

Brian

88 PS190
01-09-2008, 10:26 PM
I agree with edmund, the synchro might be what you are looking for.

But an HO monza or system 8 can be dialed in to be less aggressive in the turns, but recognize any ski like these or the MPD will be designed to ski with more angle than many of the more recreational skis.

As such I would recommend a ski that isn't supposed to be a shortline stick, something that skis less aggressively will be smoother and calmer.

eyeball_jerry
01-09-2008, 11:47 PM
Why didn't you ask me about this when you were in on Saturday?? :D

Just trying to keep you guys honest... :rolleyes: ;)

JoshBuzz
01-10-2008, 03:03 AM
HO Compfreeride!! I'm a wakeboarder, but dad skis, and does just that recreational skiing, and it's more of a free ride feel(hence the name), but also gives you great cut when you need it!!

D3skier
01-10-2008, 01:35 PM
check out www.h2osmosis.com they have several reviews there and if you don't find what you are looking for give Tadd and Seth a call they can point you in the right direction for what you are looking for....I've bought my last 5 skis from H2Oz and have loved every one of them