PDA

View Full Version : WHY was the X2momma thread locked?

RexDog1
01-09-2008, 05:44 PM
Well …………………………… Let me say this up front She is a very good friend of mine ………
And I know both sides of the story ………….. I was asked by her to stay out of it, when all the chit was going on, so I did, because she can take care of herself, but when it came to personnel attacks and personnel threaten by physical harm by some on TT, that is where she had enough……. Look it is only a website not worth being attack like she was……. I find it funny and very sad how people can attack somebody they don’t even know as a person? It is easy to attack a name and we all should know there is a person behind the name
I also find it a low point on TT and I also look at some people different
Will she come back on??? That is up to her, but I ask you ………Why should she??? When she was treated like she was? :mad:

Ric
01-09-2008, 05:53 PM
Ok, now you're answering your topic question

RexDog1
01-09-2008, 05:59 PM
Ok, now you're answering your topic question

No I don’t think I did ??????:confused:
Can somebody PM me and explain why it was locked ?

east tx skier
01-09-2008, 06:39 PM
I locked it. PM at you Rexdog.

cbryan70
01-09-2008, 06:44 PM
did i miss somthing? East i thought you retired? what the heck thread are you talking about?

Roonie's
01-09-2008, 06:51 PM
personal physical harm threatened .............. thats just silly and who would do such a thing? If true then it would be a definate low point for this board.

tex
01-09-2008, 07:43 PM
I've skied behind some people that I would consider it a threat to my self if the offered to pull me again!

Ric
01-10-2008, 09:49 AM
for the record, I did offer to kick Rex in the shorts next time I see him. It was not really a threat, but more of a pledge. For that I do not apologize. :D

mcdoon
01-10-2008, 10:16 AM
for the record, I did offer to kick Rex in the shorts next time I see him. It was not really a threat, but more of a pledge. For that I do not apologize. :D

Now this is what being a family is all about!!! Let me know if anyone gets tattooed and I'll line up a keg and some cheesy popcorn!

RexDog1
01-10-2008, 10:49 AM

LOL LOL Yes you did……… but I deserve it, Remember I am a seal killing a$$:rolleyes:
Have a good one Ric :D

jbfootin
01-10-2008, 10:55 AM
I do not know x2momma, or what happened, but I always thought that her avitar of tinkerbell was kinda sexy;) :D

TMCNo1
01-10-2008, 11:27 AM
Anyone up for some fried chicken?

JoshBuzz
01-10-2008, 12:14 PM
I love x2Momma!! glad she's still around on WW!!

Workin' 4 Toys
01-10-2008, 12:51 PM
This is disturbing.

milkmania
01-10-2008, 12:52 PM
crap!
now I gotta back through all my senseless threads and see if I offended her:(:o:(

shepherd
01-10-2008, 12:57 PM
I'm guessing you can't if it's locked. :(

I don't think I've ever directed any posts toward her, but if I did they would be respectful. Any one who can call herself "momma" has my respect.

Workin' 4 Toys
01-10-2008, 01:01 PM
Well, X2. Sorry to hear you left. You gave me plenty of laughs over the years.
When I drop in on the left coast among the seal clubbers and visit with Rexdog1 after lets me take his buggy down the track, I hope he introduces me to you.
It's been fun, Take care.

P.S. I may one day get to hear the whole story.:o

milkmania
01-10-2008, 01:07 PM
P.S. I may one day get to hear the whole story.:o

that ain't no fecal matter!

same here:(

Ric
01-10-2008, 01:11 PM
Anyone up for some fried chicken?
30666 SOUL FOOD :cool:

suedv
01-10-2008, 01:26 PM
I'll echo what workin' 4 toys said. X2Momma if you ever happen to read this... I miss you on here too. It is a loss to TT to no longer have you around. Rex, please do me a favor and let her know my feelings and say "hi" for me.

Jesus_Freak
01-10-2008, 02:17 PM
I'll echo what workin' 4 toys said. X2Momma if you ever happen to read this... I miss you on here too. It is a loss to TT to no longer have you around. Rex, please do me a favor and let her know my feelings and say "hi" for me.

Ditto. I am still praying for her Grandma Bella.

Hoosier Bob
01-10-2008, 02:40 PM
I still have not heard both sides nor understand. I can say that anything X2M has done under the name X2M has always been fair with myself and appeared as such for others as well.

I have offended just about everyone on here! She may have been the only one I missed! Get her back so I can add her to my list!;)

RexDog1
01-10-2008, 02:48 PM
I still have not heard both sides nor understand. I can say that anything X2M has done under the name X2M has always been fair with myself and appeared as such for others as well.

I have offended just about everyone on here! She may have been the only one I missed! Get her back so I can add her to my list!;)

LOL :D

Man………..???

Mr. Bob you have a way with the ladies don’t you!!!!!! very funny………..:D

Leroy
01-10-2008, 03:10 PM
After a month sabatical it took X2momma to make you post again! :wavey:

fintek9
01-10-2008, 04:26 PM
A way with the ladies?????? Know that's funny!...

Heck all I know is I'm offended every time I see HB logged on:D

:wavey:HB

skeeler
01-10-2008, 05:21 PM
I just wanted to post and say, "I have no idea what any of you are talking about." Sounds like a mess.

pq2
01-10-2008, 05:53 PM
I just wanted to post and say, "I have no idea what any of you are talking about." Sounds like a mess.

you are not the only one :confused:

RexDog1
01-10-2008, 06:09 PM
Well, X2. Sorry to hear you left. You gave me plenty of laughs over the years.
When I drop in on the left coast among the seal clubbers and visit with Rexdog1 after lets me take his buggy down the track, I hope he introduces me to you.
It's been fun, Take care.

P.S. I may one day get to hear the whole story.

Toys, my friend :D
One day we will sit down have a cold beer and talk all about it…..

I did not start this thread to rehash what happen, or to point fingers…. it just made me mad:mad: that it was a taboo topic on a thread to be locked??? Easty and I have talked why he came out of retirement to lock it ….and I see his point …………

it was a low point for TT and in the past … I also did not start this thread to lobby to have someone come back…….. That is up to her, looking back maybe I should have said something and help a good friend…….?

When I started to come on to TT a few years back there was a thread like Spencer new puppy

http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=7978 (http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=7978)

And it made me proud to be part of this form, and a MC owner,
Now I just come on to give Ric a hard time, post a little read some……………. And pm friends I have made over the years, things change I know this………………… sad that it change the way it did …………………… somebody told me it is getting better on TT in the last 4 or so weeks ? …….. He may be right? I hope so…… :confused:

Ric
01-10-2008, 06:14 PM
………………… somebody told me it is getting better on TT in the last 4 or so weeks ? …….. He may be right? I hope so…… :confused: let's not get ahead of ourselves here Rex

RexDog1
01-10-2008, 06:27 PM
let's not get ahead of ourselves here Rex

LOL
I did not say it………. somebody told it to me........ do I believe him………..:rolleyes:

Ric
01-10-2008, 06:36 PM
So you're sayin X2Momma was banned?

RexDog1
01-10-2008, 06:38 PM
So you're sayin X2Momma was banned?

NOOOOOOO
Not at all ............................

suedv
01-10-2008, 07:38 PM
I'm lost about all this too. I don't get it. Maybe in the end I should be gald I don't. I'm just sad she's not feeling this is a place to be and I wish we were seeing more of UMP, HB...

Every winter it seems there is some kind of a mess. :(

Willski
01-10-2008, 07:50 PM
I don't know what is going on either, but it sounds like somebody wasn't playing nice. Can't we all just get along??

Hoosier Bob
01-10-2008, 07:53 PM
Thank you Sue! I miss you as well!:D I'm lost about all this too. I don't get it. Maybe in the end I should be gald I don't. I'm just sad she's not feeling this is a place to be and I wish we were seeing more of UMP, HB...

Every winter it seems there is some kind of a mess. :(

mcdoon
01-10-2008, 08:11 PM
Just wanted to put my :twocents: in..........

I have no clue what happened either, but my feeling from mostly being an observer here is that there's a lot of good, fun people on this board. If somebody took themselves or a situation too seriously and some feelings got hurt, I hope all involved are big enough to apologize and forgive. That's life the way I try to live it (not always successfully!).

Now, it is the dog days of winter (apologies to SkiDog and RexDog) and you're all getting a little loopy and sappy. Go take a running leap into a frosty lake and move on! Unless you're in SueDV's family in which case a frosty lake won't make a dam_ bit of difference!

X2M
01-10-2008, 08:50 PM
Ok, so here's the deal....

For a while X2momma and Moderator3 were the same person. Some say that I took my job as a moderator to seriously and was to strict. That I should have looked the other way and let some members of this board do what they wanted. Well, that is not me. When asked to do a job, big or small, I do it the best to of my ability.

Word got out about the identity of Mod3. I was harrassed quite a bit because of it. A lot of mean and hurtful things were said. I tried to ignore them but then a line was crossed. Where I lived was posted on the internet by a member as well as that someone was coming here. At that point I had had enough. I quit moderating and decided to just be done will all the drama and this board for a while.

Rex thanks for the support and sticking up for me. I appreciate it more that you know. Thanks for letting me know that I was missed here. This board has been a great resource for me. I have learned a ton about the boats that we love. And will probably be around until we decide to get out of the MasterCraft family.

:)

pq2
01-10-2008, 08:58 PM
thanks for your post X2momma, and Im sorry that those things happend, we will hope to see you around often.

suedv
01-10-2008, 09:32 PM
Well, I'm glad your back X2momma. It was getting so there weren't too many of us females on here. :eek3:

Hi HB :wavey:

mcdoon... you're right about the guys in my family jumping into a frosty lake. I think they've frozen their brains. To jump in that water 2 weeks in a row is crazy. :huh: :smile:

east tx skier
01-10-2008, 09:41 PM
Hi again, Nichi. Please don't be a stranger.

trickskier
01-10-2008, 09:47 PM

For a while X2momma and Moderator3 were the same person. Some say that I took my job as a moderator to seriously and was to strict. That I should have looked the other way and let some members of this board do what they wanted. Well, that is not me. When asked to do a job, big or small, I do it the best to of my ability.

Word got out about the identity of Mod3. I was harrassed quite a bit because of it. A lot of mean and hurtful things were said. I tried to ignore them but then a line was crossed. Where I lived was posted on the internet by a member as well as that someone was coming here. At that point I had had enough. I quit moderating and decided to just be done will all the drama and this board for a while.

Rex thanks for the support and sticking up for me. I appreciate it more that you know. Thanks for letting me know that I was missed here. This board has been a great resource for me. I have learned a ton about the boats that we love. And will probably be around until we decide to get out of the MasterCraft family.

Glad to see you're back X2............In the words of the immortal Spock:
"Live well and Prosper"

Hoosier Bob
01-10-2008, 09:51 PM
X2, We live and learn. You can Mod me anytime! ;) Ok, so here's the deal....

trickskier
01-10-2008, 09:55 PM
X2, We live and learn. You can Mod me anytime! ;)
OH, I'm sure you would ENJOY that!!!

Hoosier Bob
01-10-2008, 09:58 PM
SHUT UP! I am having a crisis here! Go chase your stupid hat!:mad: OH, I'm sure you would ENJOY that!!!

Lennyp04
01-10-2008, 10:01 PM
I think I missed all of this stuff with not being on in a while...im starting to think im glad I did.

east tx skier
01-10-2008, 10:02 PM
X2, We live and learn. You can Mod me anytime! ;)

Now you know why I was your assigned Mod. ;)

Hoosier Bob
01-10-2008, 10:04 PM
Do you remember the "Hoosier what are you drinkin' " thread? If not you may need to drink a lot more and then I will bring you up to speed! This is old school and you are more than welcome to join as all here are brothers! Take care Lenny but drink up as this may take a while!;) I think I missed all of this stuff with not being on in a while...im starting to think im glad I did.

6ballsisall
01-10-2008, 10:05 PM
SHUT UP! I am having a crisis here! Go chase your stupid hat!:mad:

No more sheep eh Hoosier????:D

Hoosier Bob
01-10-2008, 10:06 PM
Oh now that is funny! I am having cramps over that one! Love you brother!;) Now you know why I was your assigned Mod. ;)

trickskier
01-10-2008, 10:12 PM
SHUT UP! I am having a crisis here! Go chase your stupid hat!:mad:
What??? Are you out of that flavored water you call Coors Light??? 8p

Lennyp04
01-10-2008, 10:14 PM
Do you remember the "Hoosier what are you drinkin' " thread? If not you may need to drink a lot more and then I will bring you up to speed! This is old school and you are more than welcome to join as all here are brothers! Take care Lenny but drink up as this may take a while!;)

Well considering the fact im 16, that puts me under the legal drinking age. So if I do as you said, Will you take full responsobility of talking to my father when he finds out?

LOL

Hoosier Bob
01-10-2008, 10:41 PM
NO! Nor did I buy you that case of beer! Welcome Lenny and any further education should come from members here that do not acknowledge anything Hoosier! I am not a bad person but the entire state has been QUARENTEENED! IF I DID NOT SPELL THAT CORRECTLY IT IS BECAUSE OF THE VIRUS AND YOU SHOULD SIGN OFF IMMEDIATELY!;) Well considering the fact im 16, that puts me under the legal drinking age. So if I do as you said, Will you take full responsobility of talking to my father when he finds out?

LOL

Lennyp04
01-10-2008, 10:48 PM
NO! Nor did I buy you that case of beer! Welcome Lenny and any further education should come from members here that do not acknowledge anything Hoosier! I am not a bad person but the entire state has been QUARENTEENED! IF I DID NOT SPELL THAT CORRECTLY IT IS BECAUSE OF THE VIRUS AND YOU SHOULD SIGN OFF IMMEDIATELY!;)

Ha ha. Good thing my dads not on TT. That would get interesting!

And I know your not a bad person,

How could anyone on TT be a bad person?

Hoosier Bob
01-10-2008, 10:54 PM
Nice! I see you have the force my younger brother! I still am not duped easily!:D Ha ha. Good thing my dads not on TT. That would get interesting!

And I know your not a bad person,

How could anyone on TT be a bad person?

Monte
01-10-2008, 11:02 PM
Nice! I see you have the force my younger brother! I still am not duped easily!:D

Well.... LUKE ??? :rolleyes: :D

Hoosier Bob
01-10-2008, 11:22 PM
Seems the power is not so strong!;) Well.... LUKE ??? :rolleyes: :D

east tx skier
01-10-2008, 11:24 PM
Oh now that is funny! I am having cramps over that one! Love you brother!;)

Right back atcha brother.

Monte
01-10-2008, 11:26 PM
Seems the power is not so strong!;)

Ah I wasn't trying to intimidate the young lad.... Just wanted to see an engagement of wit...;) You know the youth are witty these days:rolleyes:

Leroy
01-10-2008, 11:29 PM
Great to see your avatar again X2momma!

Workin' 4 Toys
01-11-2008, 12:29 AM
Ok, now I need to know why my thread was locked...

And this one wasn't...:confused:

Rex, do you know people? ..Nah, must be me. :mad: WhatTF

TX.X-30 fan
01-11-2008, 12:31 AM
I find it extremely hard to believe that a mod on this site was threatened with physical injury? I do believe there have been Mods on this site that have wielded their justice as they saw fit and that there was some personal opinions that clouded their judgement.

I like the mods with balls that state they are mods and let you know when you have crossed the line! Never a big deal and the situation is corrected then and there.

Workin' 4 Toys
01-11-2008, 12:42 AM
X30... I'd guess the mod's job has changed quite a bit over the last 2 years.
It's probably a good paying gig too wouldn't ya think? All sorts of benefits. Free boats and such.

Willski
01-11-2008, 12:57 AM
X2 Momma's story is sad. If people are threatening personal harm, that is just not right....Although in the last few weeks in the news:

1. Man cuts off hiker's head....why? who knows.

2. Man throws 4 kids off of bridge....all under 3.

3. 4 bodies of young girls found in D.C. apartment.

4. Kid beats baby to death because she was crying and he wanted to watch TV.

5. Man cooks girlfriend on stove after killing her.

What in the h*ll is going on????

Did I miss something? Is it Armageddon??

TX.X-30 fan
01-11-2008, 12:58 AM
X30... I'd guess the mod's job has changed quite a bit over the last 2 years.
It's probably a good paying gig too wouldn't ya think? All sorts of benefits. Free boats and such.

Never said it was a position I was interested in??? Your sarcasm is not lost though. Some when put in a position of "authority" will take their responsibilities too seriously and thus not see the bigger picture. If all that is discussed here is what filter do I need for a 351 cleveland, then this place would have died years ago.

Workin' 4 Toys
01-11-2008, 01:02 AM
Willski...
It gets worse by the day doesn't it. So much violence. And showing it on TV all the time doesn't help I'm sure.

Add to your list all the violence in schools.
And the robberies...

Workin' 4 Toys
01-11-2008, 01:06 AM
X30,
How about which brand of oil to use? Synthetic or non..?
Air filter, how often do you clean, do you clean or replace?
Can I spin balance my own prop?
Why does my throttle get stiff? (Well that one might a few added comments:rolleyes: )

TX.X-30 fan
01-11-2008, 01:18 AM
Exactly wft, this is hands down the best site for help with your MC. I would be lying if I said I have not solved multiple issues with my own boat right here.

Once I get my drivers license and my dad buys me a truck I can give you a pull!!!! :rolleyes:

Willski
01-11-2008, 01:30 AM
I love this site.....mostly useful for the MC help, but it is also something to do, and a place to share thoughts for mostly like-minded people, that being boaters, skiers, boarders, whatever, but we have a lot in common. Obviously, there are many opinions on every topic, so there are bound to be fights, but threatening physical harm is not cool.

RexDog1
01-11-2008, 11:46 AM
I find it extremely hard to believe that a mod on this site was threatened with physical injury? I do believe there have been Mods on this site that have wielded their justice as they saw fit and that there was some personal opinions that clouded their judgement.

I like the mods with balls that state they are mods and let you know when you have crossed the line! Never a big deal and the situation is corrected then and there.

PM at You:D

RexDog1
01-11-2008, 11:52 AM
Ok, now I need to know why my thread was locked...

And this one wasn't...:confused:

Rex, do you know people? ..Nah, must be me. :mad: WhatTF

Yes it is you!!!!!!:rolleyes:
Now I can’t wait for you to get out here!!!!!!!!! :D
You started all of this, and I have spent two days answering PMs and UO me a beer……….LOL
Have a good weekend!!!!
Jon

skeeler
01-11-2008, 11:56 AM

WOW, I thought I had a lot of free time. Some people just don't live in a little place I like to call Earth. Hope all is well now x2momma. :D

RexDog1
01-11-2008, 11:58 AM
Just wanted to put my :twocents: in..........

I have no clue what happened either, but my feeling from mostly being an observer here is that there's a lot of good, fun people on this board. If somebody took themselves or a situation too seriously and some feelings got hurt, I hope all involved are big enough to apologize and forgive. That's life the way I try to live it (not always successfully!).

Now, it is the dog days of winter (apologies to SkiDog and RexDog) and you're all getting a little loopy and sappy. Go take a running leap into a frosty lake and move on! Unless you're in SueDV's family in which case a frosty lake won't make a dam_ bit of difference!

My junk is so small..... and jumping into a “Frosty Lake” is not going to help !!!!!!!:(