PDA

View Full Version : 1979 "Mastercraft Mission Statement"

Slinkyredfoot
01-08-2008, 07:52 PM
I was perusing some of my old lit and manuals this evening and came across my original owners manual from my 79 SS. This is very cool..

I opened the manual and on page one there is a table of contents, but on page two there is a note to me as a new MasterCraft owner which states the following......

"Dear MasterCraft Owner:

We might begin this booklet as many products do and say "CONGRATULATIONS!" for your purchase of a MasterCraft. However, if you have driven your new boat you have already congratulated yourself because of the boat's superior handling, design, and construction-and your careful decision to purchase it.

We do, however, want to say THANKS for choosing MasterCraft and to offer our sincere hopes that your will enjoy your boating and skiing experienced with your MasterCraft. We would also like to say YES we will be glad to answer any questions that you might have concerning the use and proper maintenance of your boat and help with any service problems that might develop.

YOU as a MasterCraft owner are now among the proud group of boaters and skiers that includes some of the finest tournament drivers and most of the world's top skiers.

MasterCraft Boat Co., Inc.
Route 9
Mayrville, Tennessee 37801"

Some things just never change...this should have been entitled at that time "Mission Statement"...I think this is what they would call it today.

On last thing of note, my ownership certification was signed by Rob Shirley. President.....

Is he still around MC and who was he besides the President of MC??

I thought this was :cool: stuff

sdesmond
01-08-2008, 08:04 PM
http://www.waterskimag.com/article.jsp?ID=12730

"Started in a shack at the foothills of the Smoky Mountains in 1968, MasterCraft had humble beginnings under the direction of founder Rob Shirley. The company quickly built its reputation on a workhorse three-event tow boat, pulling regional, national and worldwide tournaments.
After being acquired by the Coleman Corporation in 1984, the Vonore, Tennessee, company branched out into the recreational ski market by offering sport-V's such as the MariStar series. Purchased by Meridian Sports in 1991, MasterCraft continues to lead the industry as both an innovator and pioneer. "

He is not around MasterCraft anymore. He is with Sfvara boats now.

http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=5369

Slinkyredfoot
01-08-2008, 08:11 PM
Thanks for this info sdesmond..

How are the floods up your way on Tippy River and the Wabash? Read about a lady that lost two children in Rochester IN due to this....Hope all is well my friend...

sdesmond
01-08-2008, 08:35 PM
I live in Hammond so no flooding by me. Lake Shafer is where our summer place is on Lake Shafer. I read about that today as well. Thats a sad thing to happen. I heard most roads are closed due to flooding and such. The dams are pushing record amounts of water through them I read.

sdesmond
01-10-2008, 11:21 AM
Here are some pics of the flooding. Looks horrible.

http://www.jconline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/gallery?NoCache=1&Avis=BY&Dato=20080109&Kategori=NEWS&Lopenr=801090802&Ref=PH&Params=Itemnr=20

milkmania
01-10-2008, 12:23 PM
I was perusing some of my old lit and manuals this evening and came across my original owners manual from my 79 SS. This is very cool..

I opened the manual and on page one there is a table of contents, but on page two there is a note to me as a new MasterCraft owner which states the following......

"Dear MasterCraft Owner:

We might begin this booklet as many products do and say "CONGRATULATIONS!" for your purchase of a MasterCraft. However, if you have driven your new boat you have already congratulated yourself because of the boat's superior handling, design, and construction-and your careful decision to purchase it.

We do, however, want to say THANKS for choosing MasterCraft and to offer our sincere hopes that your will enjoy your boating and skiing experienced with your MasterCraft. We would also like to say YES we will be glad to answer any questions that you might have concerning the use and proper maintenance of your boat and help with any service problems that might develop.

YOU as a MasterCraft owner are now among the proud group of boaters and skiers that includes some of the finest tournament drivers and most of the world's top skiers.

MasterCraft Boat Co., Inc.
Route 9
Mayrville, Tennessee 37801"

Some things just never change...this should have been entitled at that time "Mission Statement"...I think this is what they would call it today.

On last thing of note, my ownership certification was signed by Rob Shirley. President.....

Is he still around MC and who was he besides the President of MC??

I thought this was :cool: stuff
Good Find!

also, I think you derailed your own thread in under 20 minutes8p

sdesmond
01-10-2008, 12:42 PM
whoops wrong post

Slinkyredfoot
01-10-2008, 07:37 PM
Good Find!

also, I think you derailed your own thread in under 20 minutes8p

I hate being derailed, to many beers, but I do like this kind of stuff...if it wasn't for these ideals would we all be around this site???:confused: