PDA

View Full Version : Waterskiing in Key West?

Chicago190
01-08-2008, 05:06 PM
I'm going to Key West, FL for a week in March and wonder if there is any waterskiing. I won't have a car so going to Orlando or any other places is not an option.

Workin' 4 Toys
01-08-2008, 05:17 PM
Marco Island is the closest I know of. There is a TMC member there.

Slinkyredfoot
01-08-2008, 07:01 PM
I'm going to Key West, FL for a week in March and wonder if there is any waterskiing. I won't have a car so going to Orlando or any other places is not an option.

Not to mention Orlando, I guessing is 8-10 hrs away and Marco Island is 4 or 5...

If you are going to Key West, enjoy the history, bars, and babes, not necessarily in that order, but by all means go deep sea fishin'...it is a bunch of fun.....:D

pq2
01-08-2008, 07:06 PM
or go to miami to the greater miami ski club with Arturo Nelson

Chicago190
01-08-2008, 08:01 PM
Oh well I was hoping there was a way to do some recreational skiing while I was there but I guess I'll have to stick to the beach and bars.

coz
01-08-2008, 09:03 PM
Oh well I was hoping there was a way to do some recreational skiing while I was there but I guess I'll have to stick to the beach and bars.

And the babes? You forgot the babes! :D

Stritt
01-08-2008, 09:24 PM
Hope I am not telling you anything new....not alot of beaches in Key West...Fort Zachary Taylor is probably the best...As far as skiing is concerned....in all my trips down I have yet to see anyone skiing. Not saying it can't or isn't done. Like the others have said, walk Duvall until you crawl and take in the history.

Chicago190
01-08-2008, 09:27 PM
Hope I am not telling you anything new....not alot of beaches in Key West...Fort Zachary Taylor is probably the best...As far as skiing is concerned....in all my trips down I have yet to see anyone skiing. Not saying it can't or isn't done. Like the others have said, walk Duvall until you crawl and take in the history.

Yeah, 9 of my friends and I rented a house in Old Town Key West thats 5 blocks from Higgs Beach and 7 blocks from Duvall St. The house has its own pool, 5 bedrooms, and 6 baths so its going to be a good time.

Stritt
01-08-2008, 09:30 PM
We have rented several homes through the years. By far the best experience. If you have a chance to go out on a boat ( you can rent them) try Sand Key and for a true tropical beach try man/woman Key or Boca Grande........truely tropical. The last 2 are about 15 miles out. Have fun....let me see if I have any pics.

duckguy
01-08-2008, 10:04 PM
When you going Chicago, I am going the last week in March and a little into April

Chicago190
01-08-2008, 10:07 PM
When you going Chicago, I am going the last week in March and a little into April

I'll be there from March 14-21. We rented this house: http://vacationrentals.com/vacation-rentals/22477.html

shepherd
01-08-2008, 11:02 PM

Yes. Very few beaches in the Keys.

I skied there once, but I took my own boat (the old PS 190). Not much sheltered, ski-able water in that area though, at least not for decent slalom skiing. There used to be a slalom course/ski school in the northern Keys -- the guy advertised in Waterski magazine back in the 90s - but that's probably gone too. But even that's about 100 miles from Key West.