PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever use scrubbing bubbles on the gelcoat?

Linkster
01-08-2008, 01:29 PM
Someone gave me a tip that this will work wonders on getting rid of the brown a lot of us find on our MC's.

Says they just spray on and hose off a while later.

Here is the website link:
http://www.scrubbingbubbles.com/bathroom-cleaning/index.aspx

The "real" question is - would this damage the gelcoat? "Dry" it out?

Thanks,
Brian

BrianM
01-08-2008, 01:43 PM
It should be fine on the gel coat although you will need to re-wax. Think of a fiberglass tub or shower enclosure they have a gel coat finish.

TMCNo1
01-08-2008, 02:10 PM
The site says this,

Available in two scents — Fresh and Lemon — these aerosols easily remove soap scum, hard-water stains and dirt; control mold and mildew growth; and won't scratch surfaces. All that's left behind is a brilliant shine!
http://www.scrubbingbubbles.com/i/hdr/subheader_effectively_cleans.gif Tubs, Showers, Basins, Glazed Ceramic Tile, Stainless Steel, Chrome, Fixtures, Fiberglass, Vinyl, Glazed Porcelain.
Is a fiberglass tub/shower gelcoat of a different construction/material than a boat hull?

loeweb
01-08-2008, 02:25 PM
Is a fiberglass tub/shower gelcoat of a different construction/material than a boat hull?[/SIZE][/FONT]

Probably very similar except for the thickness and color options

Chicago190
01-08-2008, 03:28 PM
Probably very similar except for the thickness and color options

You've never seen a Turn Buoy Orange bath tub?

BrianM
01-08-2008, 03:35 PM
You've never seen a Turn Buoy Orange bath tub?
Or Fire red Flake :cool:

Sodar
01-08-2008, 03:38 PM
Or Fire red Flake :cool:

I have seen a grey metallic metal flake in a custom RV! :D

TMCNo1
01-08-2008, 03:54 PM

Great, next thing ya know someone will install a tower in their bath tub on wheels!:rolleyes: :D

Sodar
01-08-2008, 04:05 PM
Great, next thing ya know someone will install a tower in their bath tub on wheels!:rolleyes: :D

How is that different from installing a tower on a pontoon!?!?!?

BrianM
01-08-2008, 04:22 PM

I was thinking Nautique.:rolleyes: The transom on those boats look like a bathtub to me.

Sodar
01-08-2008, 04:28 PM
I was thinking Nautique.:rolleyes: The transom on those boats look like a bathtub to me.

Don't tell our post counter leader this!! Shhhhhhhhhh!! :D

east tx skier
01-08-2008, 04:39 PM
Why would I care. I've got nothing against bathing.

TMCNo1
01-08-2008, 06:03 PM

Wait, we already have tubs with towers and showers, but if ya pull the plug on the drain the tubs will sink!
OK, time to push the Reset button!:D

Ric
01-08-2008, 06:23 PM
Threadjackin buncha squirrels!

Linkster, let me apologize for this mob.

Yes, the bathroom tub cleaners work great on getting out the gelcoat stains. You must apply it evenly or you will have streaks.
you must rinse it off prior to drying or you will have streaks.
you must wax afterward or the gel will be stained even sooner on your next outing.

TMCNo1
01-08-2008, 06:45 PM
Threadjackin buncha squirrels!

Linkster, let me apologize for this mob.

Yes, the bathroom tub cleaners work great on getting out the gelcoat stains. You must apply it evenly or you will have streaks.
you must rinse it off prior to drying or you will have streaks.
you must wax afterward or the gel will be stained even sooner on your next outing.

Ric's right, but be careful if the soap slips out of the soap tray, DON'T BEND OVER AND PICK IT UP!:mad:

WTRSK1R
01-08-2008, 06:53 PM

I have seen a variety of metal flake fiberglass Hot Tubs .

Linkster
01-09-2008, 09:00 PM
Thank you all for the feedback. Love the tangents, will be sure not to bend over!!!

Looks like I'll also get the benefit of "disinfect and deodorize" - not to mention a pleasant scent!

I will try and take pics this spring when I do it, will also report back on elbow grease aspect.