PDA

View Full Version : My son Austin needs your Help!

KnoxX2
01-08-2008, 09:12 AM
I don’t normally do this but my son (Austin) wants to do the Eskimo Escapades again this year and he needs sponsors to enter. The Eskimo Escapades is a wakeboarding/water skiing event here in Knoxville that raises money for charity. Attendees wakeboard or water ski in frigid cold water to raise money for the Dream Connection organization. The minimum entry fee is a total of $50 worth of donations. Austin is hoping that he can raise more this year to help children of the Dream Connection.
Last year was the first time we went and at the last minuet my son Austin (who was 7 at the time) said he wanted to go and wakeboard even after I told him the water would be freezing. So I can’t tell him No (thinking that when we get down there he would back out after he felt the water. Well he didn’t and to top it off when we got there they didn’t have a wet suit small enough to fit him. So not only was he the youngest kid ever to enter, he did it in just shorts and his life jacket.

Austin has been talking about doing this again all year and he needs help with sponsorship. Any amount would help and go to a great cause.
Here is the link to the Eskimo Escapades http://www.eskimoescapades.com/home/home.shtml

Also here is the Pay Pal Account we have set up for this mehler5@hotmail.com

Here is a Pic from last years Eskimo Escapades

Monte
01-08-2008, 09:32 AM
Paypal on the way! Go Austin!

KnoxX2
01-08-2008, 09:33 AM
Thanks Monte! Any word on rescheduling your appt. so that you guys can come up?? BTW this is the better half

Monte
01-08-2008, 09:38 AM
Thanks Monte! Any word on rescheduling your appt. so that you guys can come up?? BTW this is the better half

No luck.. Leah forgot about an appt for the kids to have their picture taken.. We will take a serious look at the next weekend you guys will be around though:cool: Usually we do NOTHING on the weekend:rolleyes:

KnoxX2
01-08-2008, 09:41 AM
:D Well, we dont really do too much here, but this weekend is the eskimo escapades and the pinewood derby. So the boys are really busy. We will be here next weekend too....its not bote season yet, so we are lame ducks on the weekends. LOL:cool:

Monte
01-08-2008, 09:47 AM
I'll talk to my people:D

KnoxX2
01-08-2008, 12:56 PM
bump............

Willski
01-09-2008, 12:52 AM
Paypal sent. It's a great thing that he is doing. I am kind of partial to children's charities that involve skiing!!

http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=18011

KnoxX2
01-09-2008, 01:09 AM
Willski
Thank you
Austin has been waiting all year to do this. I am very proud of him.

Knox's_Better_half
01-09-2008, 09:14 AM
Monte and Willski, Thank you very much! I asked Austin if he wanted to go and see if we could find a wet suit small enough for him before Saturday...he said no, he could do it without!

ShamrockIV
01-09-2008, 09:17 AM
hey knox
when is this i might drive up from nashville. it might get my daughters even more inteested in boarding!!!

thanks!!

Knox's_Better_half
01-09-2008, 09:35 AM
Hey Shamrock,
It is Saturday the 12th from 10 am to 3 pm at Vol Landing. It is a good time. They even have toobers out there. They have MaterCraft, Malibu and Nautique...and Sea Ray. It is really cool...no literally! I am proud of Austin and Knox....It seems like they will be going without a wet suit again. I think Austin is looking forward to the hot tub after the run.
Come on down, would love to have some fellow TT's there.

KnoxX2
01-10-2008, 01:07 AM
Any others that want to help out?
So far we have
Monte, Trick and Willski
Anyone else?

bucky
01-10-2008, 08:05 AM
I don't know quite how I feel about paying money to drag a small child through freezing water, but it's a worthy cause. Paypal sent. Good luck!

ShamrockIV
01-10-2008, 08:48 AM
sorry i will not be ablt to attend. i have guard drill this weekend!!! dangit!! well keep us posted and maybe we can attend next time!!

KnoxX2
01-10-2008, 04:48 PM
I don't know quite how I feel about paying money to drag a small child through freezing water, but it's a worthy cause. Paypal sent. Good luck!

Thanks for your help. Good thing is when a kid dose something like this you know he is dedicated to the sport:D

Knox's_Better_half
01-13-2008, 10:36 AM
I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who helped Austin. He was a little psyched out about the water on Friday night. But by the time we got down there on Saturday he was good to go. Knox and the boy registered and turned in their donations. The boy raised 130.00, he was stoked. He got his board and was ready to go, and then stopped to see if they had a wet suit that would fit him....as luck would have it...especially for Dad, they did. So the boys got ready and went to wait their turn. Austin went first!! And I am proud to say that he did awesome. He rode the entire course and hammed it up the whole way. There was a photograper in the boat and Austin posed for the shots!! He had an awesome ride and I managed to hold the baby, watch the girls and snap a few pics myself! I am going to get them loaded and post them next.
We are all so thankful for all the help that our TT friends gave. Austin told everyone that MaterCraft rocks!!! He also spent some time in the hot tub after the ride and flirted with some of the other female boarders.....according to him it was not flirting, rather....it was discussion of technique and how he learned all he knows from his Dad. "My dad is the best boarder I know!, he taught me everything, now I am teaching him!"
Hope this brings smiles to all of our extended family. The event yesterday raised over 15,000.00 for the Dream Connection. Check out the site....listed in the first post and see all the pics from this year. Elvis was even there!! LOL

Knox's_Better_half
01-13-2008, 12:05 PM
Here is a pic of the X 45

Knox's_Better_half
01-13-2008, 12:07 PM
here is a pic of Austin

Monte
01-13-2008, 12:11 PM
Way to go Austin!!!!!

Knox's_Better_half
01-13-2008, 12:49 PM
At the end of the course

Knox's_Better_half
01-13-2008, 12:53 PM
Another of Austin

Knox's_Better_half
01-13-2008, 02:53 PM
Here is a couple of Knox

erkoehler
01-13-2008, 02:54 PM
What a shame, he had to ride behind a BU :)

Willski
01-13-2008, 04:02 PM
Looks like a good cause.

suedv
01-13-2008, 04:37 PM
Sending out my warm wishes to a "cool" kid. :cool: :)

Looks like a fun riding around the bridges.

KnoxX2
01-14-2008, 08:10 AM
What a shame, he had to ride behind a BU :)

Ya..... That sucked but what are you going to do. BTW the water temp was 46 Burr.:D

KnoxX2
01-14-2008, 08:14 AM
Sending out my warm wishes to a "cool" kid. :cool: :)

Looks like a fun riding around the bridges.

Thanks Suedv

It was funny the girl at the wetsuit booth remembered Austin from last year and she brought a extra small suit just for him.:cool:

It was alot of fun and for a great cause.
Always a great day when you can get a ride in and it helps others:D

TMCNo1
01-14-2008, 10:31 AM
Thanks Suedv

It was funny the girl at the wetsuit booth remembered Austin from last year and she brought a extra small suit just for him.:cool:

It was alot of fun and for a great cause.
Always a great day when you can get a ride in and it helps others:D

It appears he just has his a way with women!:D