PDA

View Full Version : Really off topic - Front load washer??

Willski
01-08-2008, 12:08 AM
Anybody have one, are they worth it? I like all of the features, but I worry that they are more expensive to fix later. Any thoughts. I either buy a new washer or throw more money into a 13 year old model Whirlpool.

Mikey
01-08-2008, 12:12 AM
I have one and I love it. The only bad thing about them is most of them dont have the capacity of a regular one. Now that I live alone that is not a problem for me. It depends on how much money you have to put into the old one would be the deciding factor there. Another thing, Im not sure if you live in an older house or not, but some older houses the standpipes for the drainage were a little small for the output of the newer washing machines.

milkmania
01-08-2008, 12:13 AM
I wanted one, I didn't get one.....
long story short, my old 1999 kenmore has a weak motor/transmission coupling.... notorious problem
$4.00 to fix it, I can do it in the dark. I keep a spare taped to the inside of the shell.
cuz it always breaks on Sunday!:mad:

back on topic
I was at a buddy's house, he's got a laundry closet just off the dining area...
his washer AND dryer were running....if I didn't see the tumbler's movements, I wouldn't have known they were running:o

east tx skier
01-08-2008, 12:13 AM
My wife swears she wants one because the oscilator in the top loaders messes up the clothes. I am prepared, if my washer ever goes, to take the advice of an appliance guy who was at the house for some other reason. When it comes to washers/dryers, buy the second cheapest level of these and you'll have the least problems. That's what I use and, knock wood, they've been trouble free to date.

Workin' 4 Toys
01-08-2008, 12:15 AM
Front loading dryer only here...Still old fashioned top loader washer...:rolleyes:

Here is what I have. http://www.geappliances.com/products/introductions/harmony/ .Couldn't be happier so far.

Energy star, ecomagination, functional, stylish:rolleyes:...And the largest capacity available (at the time, don't know about now)
A couple of my buddies have the front loader washers. After a couple door gasket replacements, they are ok with them. I absolutely was disgusted by the doors of every front loader I looked at. Why can't they use real glass?

Workin' 4 Toys
01-08-2008, 12:24 AM
Let me tell you something about these machines I didn't know until the first use.
They talk to each other.:confused: Load 1 shirt and 1 pair of pants. It WEIGHS them and washs accordingly. And when complete, it tells the dryer what it washed and sets it's program accordingly. There is no agitator (Read huge post with blades on it) inside the middle of the machine. The whole bottom churns with the basket. (I know this because the top door is glass and can see in:cool: )
I think 4.0 cu ft washer and 7.? dryer. Oh, and as an added bonus, it has some sort of "booster" for the exhaust vent so it can be run nearly 150' from the exhaust port through the wall.

bcampbe7
01-08-2008, 12:26 AM
Wow, how ironic, we just had a new front load washer delivered tonight. I was tired of putting money into our 2 year old Amana top loader (4 repairs in 2 years and now it needs another $200 repair).

We bought the new Maytag EPIC (MFW9800TQ). Basically the Whirlpool Duet.

With most of the front loaders you have to use HE detergent, but the amount of detergent you use is very small.

You also need to take a few minor extra steps to ensure that you do not get a mold/mildew smell. Mainly just keep the door of the washer open after use and once a month run a solution of bleach and water through the machine.

As Milk mentioned, I had to look to see the drum turning to know that it was running. It is very quiet even when it gets up to its 1000+ rpm spin cycle. :eek3:

brat
01-08-2008, 12:32 AM
We have had a set of front loaders for a year or so and really like them. The newer ones have plenty of capacity. Ours will hold like 25 bath towels. The wash times are really long compared to the top loaders but you get used to it. They are a lot more gentle on clothes. The only thing they really stress is that you use the he detergents. As far as repairs, haven't had any trouble yet.

milkmania
01-08-2008, 12:34 AM
As Milk mentioned, I had to look to see the drum turning to know that it was running. It is very quiet even when it gets up to its 1000+ rpm spin cycle. :eek3:
my brother in law had a very old dryer with a bad belt

I swear this thing was saying "help me, help me, help me, help me, help me help me, help me, help me, help me, help me" on every rotation!

it was hilarious after a little bit of Tequila:cool:

Willski
01-08-2008, 12:49 AM
Thanks for the input. Our washer won't go into the spin cycle on the regular cycle. It used to if you just beat on the top of it. I call it percussive maintenance. Now it only goes into spin if you use the gentle cycle, although tonight, it didn't go at all unless I moved the knob forward. I suspect a timer issue. Not sure how much the repair would be. We do have a guy that we have used before that is very reasonable on labor (time and rate). Probably at least check into fixing this one first.

Just wanted some opinions on the new stuff too.

billr
01-08-2008, 09:03 AM
We have the LG models, and love them. We opted to have them stacked on top of one another, and created a lot more room in the laundry room. As far as detergent is concerned, they said we could use regular detergent, but about 1/3 the amount.

Leroy
01-08-2008, 09:18 AM
We bought the Whirlpool Duets about 1 year ago and they work really well. Several other friends have bought them and like them as well. Super quiet and really do a good job with your clothes. With kids and sports we do 3-4 loads a day typically.

tex
01-08-2008, 10:25 AM
We have the whirlpool duet stackable frontloading washer and dryer and will never go back to top loading. We didn't stack them at first but did about 3 months ago. It rocks about as much as a washer and dryer can!

bcampbe7
01-08-2008, 10:35 AM
Thanks for the input. Our washer won't go into the spin cycle on the regular cycle. It used to if you just beat on the top of it. I call it percussive maintenance. Now it only goes into spin if you use the gentle cycle, although tonight, it didn't go at all unless I moved the knob forward. I suspect a timer issue. Not sure how much the repair would be. We do have a guy that we have used before that is very reasonable on labor (time and rate). Probably at least check into fixing this one first.

Just wanted some opinions on the new stuff too.

If you are looking for some help in diagnosing and repairing, check-out this forum:

http://www.applianceguru.com/

I just found this site yesterday and have found some good info.

#47of100TeamMC
01-08-2008, 10:50 AM
Just buy them already... a few stats.
1) Your TOP load washer uses roughly 53 gallons of water per load... Your soon to be new FRONT loader will use about 11 gallons of water each load. If you live in the city, and pay for your water this can add up really quick.
2) The Spin cycle on your soon to be new FRONT load washer spins almost 3 times faster than your old TOP load washer. Your clothes come out of the washer wearably dry. Not kidding. Which greatly reduces the dry time. if you choose to use the dryer.
3) The absence of an Agitator in your new FRONT load washer noticeably increases the life of your clothes. and your Wife's Delicates... will stay Delicate for a Longer period of time... They say the delicate cycle is gentle enough to wash a wedding dress in.
4) The Capacity of your new FRONT load washer will amaze you. My wife and I used to do 2-3 loads of laundry each week. Now, we do 1 load of Whites and 1 Load of Darks every other week. You have company over and they sleep in your 2 spare bedrooms... Take all the sheets off those 2 beds and your own bed. Throw all 3 sets of sheets with pillow cases into the washer and walk away. If you can get the door shut on the washer it will wash it.

5) no I'm not an appliance sales man. Just a guy who likes to research a lot before making a purchase. After all, that's why I bought an MC too!

BrianM
01-08-2008, 11:23 AM
Another vote for the front loader. They are easier on the cloths and use less energy. The big bonus for us is how quiet it is compared to the old top loader. No more chug chug chug. That was huge since we have a small house and our laundry is right next to the living room.

RexDog1
01-08-2008, 11:38 AM
We have the LG models, and love them. We opted to have them stacked on top of one another, and created a lot more room in the laundry room. As far as detergent is concerned, they said we could use regular detergent, but about 1/3 the amount.

I 2nd this……. We also have LG
My wife loves them……….. Me don’t know how to use them??:confused: but they look good and fun to watch !!!!!! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_5.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSYYYYYYMNUS)

stuartmcnair
01-08-2008, 11:40 AM
we have the duet setup. Only issue is if you are on a slab, crawlspace or 2nd floor. They need a solid foundation. There is one set made by LG that is designed to be on a second floor.

That being said, I know several people who decided to see for themselves whether the Duet would be OK on a second floor and they have been happy.

I have a pretty solid floor in my laundry room on the second floor because we built it up for a sloped tile floor with a drain.

sdesmond
01-08-2008, 12:00 PM
The only bad this about LG is if anything breaks on the machine you cant get the parts anywhere. You have to contact LG and get the parts directly from their warehouse. Your local supply house wont carry them.

88 PS190
01-08-2008, 12:03 PM
We kept our old washer running for years longer than we should have, including replacing the transmission and what not in it after it spewed oil onto all our clothes.

Frontloads are really nice, beware you'll need to use HE detergent not the powder as it can plug up in the system.

One thing that is super nice about front load washers is that they dry the clothes much more completely in spin than the old top loads.

Meaning that your old dryer will finish up much faster, and allow you to keep up with the higher capacity a front load machine is capable of. Oh and less water use.

88 PS190
01-08-2008, 12:04 PM
We kept our old washer running for years longer than we should have, including replacing the transmission and what not in it after it spewed oil onto all our clothes.

Frontloads are really nice, beware you'll need to use HE detergent not the powder as it can plug up in the system.

One thing that is super nice about front load washers is that they dry the clothes much more completely in spin than the old top loads.

Meaning that your old dryer will finish up much faster, and allow you to keep up with the higher capacity a front load machine is capable of. Oh and less water use.

We bought from best buy and bought the longest service package, so if it screws up they have to send us a new one. works pretty well that way.

pram
01-08-2008, 01:05 PM
We have had and LG Front Loading Washer and dryer for 2 years now. Not a lick of problem. Washes the clothes great. I have gone through less clothes since we got it. Huge capacity compared to top loading. Less water, less soap, more environmentally friendly. LG as also direct drive I don't know if the others are yet or not, but that a big selling feature for us

Davo
01-08-2008, 01:18 PM
Willski - after our old, aquired top loader's motor quit on us last year we decided to look at front loaders. After some research we decided to give it a try (washer only cuz dryer works fine and they don't need to match like furniture...) .......ended up going with a lower end version instead of dropping $800-900, spent around $600 at Lowes on the Frigidaire Affinity 600. (http://www.amazon.com/Frigidaire-Affinity-ATF6000FS-Front-Load-Intelligent/dp/B000Y8YF4K/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=hi&qid=1199811401&sr=8-1)

Happy with the purchase after about a year or so of use. Like others said it uses less water and the drying time is so much quicker so energy usage is cut way down on that. Capacity is less so if you have a big family you might want a bigger one. I guess it's easier on the clothes as well....it's not immediately obvious, but I believe this to be true.

MIMC
01-08-2008, 02:49 PM
We have had our Kenmore front loaders for 5 years now - love them! Our clothes do last longer, more efficient, very quiet, stackable, not a single problem with them! Only down side, smaller capacity but not that big of a deal!

MIMC

BrianM
01-08-2008, 02:57 PM
Willski - after our old, aquired top loader's motor quit on us last year we decided to look at front loaders. After some research we decided to give it a try (washer only cuz dryer works fine and they don't need to match like furniture...) .......ended up going with a lower end version instead of dropping $800-900, spent around $600 at Lowes on the Frigidaire Affinity 600. (http://www.amazon.com/Frigidaire-Affinity-ATF6000FS-Front-Load-Intelligent/dp/B000Y8YF4K/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=hi&qid=1199811401&sr=8-1)

Happy with the purchase after about a year or so of use. Like others said it uses less water and the drying time is so much quicker so energy usage is cut way down on that. Capacity is less so if you have a big family you might want a bigger one. I guess it's easier on the clothes as well....it's not immediately obvious, but I believe this to be true.

That is the exact model we have. I researched a lot and they get god reviews and have good reliability especially for the price. Have had it two years now with no issues. Works great.

suedv
01-08-2008, 03:19 PM
I also have a LG front loader and it works great. Like someone mentioned above, it takes longer but you get used to it, you do laundry less often because it holds a lot, and it does a great job. It is amazing how little water it uses.

Workin' 4 Toys
01-08-2008, 03:26 PM
Another vote for the front loader. They are easier on the cloths and use less energy. The big bonus for us is how quiet it is compared to the old top loader. No more chug chug chug. That was huge since we have a small house and our laundry is right next to the living room.

The energy guide on mine says it costs $6.00 to operate for a year. Not sure how much more energy efficient a front loader could be.

BrianM
01-08-2008, 03:40 PM
The energy guide on mine says it costs $6.00 to operate for a year. Not sure how much more energy efficient a front loader could be.

I am not just talking about power but also water. Front loaders use MUCH less water.

bcampbe7
01-08-2008, 03:53 PM

That is excellent power consumption. My new front loader says $11 per year if using a gas water heater (I am) and $18 if using an electric water heater.

Workin' 4 Toys
01-08-2008, 04:28 PM
I believe that was if using gas heated water (in which I am). And was slightly higher with electric heated water. Maybe $8.00 or so.
Does that mean they figure water consuption into the calculations? I'll check and see if I still have the paperwork.
If I recall, they were the "highest efficiency" machines available (at the time) About a year or so ago.
It uses only the amount of water required to do the job it's told to do. Unless the user changes the settings using the touch screen.

Chas
01-08-2008, 04:33 PM
I walked into Lowes and picked the blue one. It turns out to be the Samsung DV337 dryer and matching WF337 washer with SilverAG+ sanitizer and VRT system which balances out the shaking, rattling and rolling.

I love them! I was hangin' with some guys at a recent social event, and for some reason the talk turned to laundry appliances. I guess I run with an older crowd than I realized... anyway a couple of the other guys had recently put new units in their homes as well, and we were comparing notes.

I won.

But that brings up my only 'complaint' with our system - the thing spins at a higher speed than most other units when it is spin-drying the wash. That does get the clothing dryer and means less work for the dryer, but my minor gripe is that the high speed and thorough drying means that the clothes are plastered all over the inside of the drum when you go to get them out. Yes, they are almost dry, and yes, they are clean with FAR less water, but it gets old having to pry them off the top and sides of the drum.

<end rant>

88 PS190
01-08-2008, 04:55 PM
That is excellent power consumption. My new front loader says $11 per year if using a gas water heater (I am) and $18 if using an electric water heater.

costs are even less if you seldom use hot water to wash.

Really unless you are really trying to get some whites brightened up you will do just as well with tap water cold water.

then its even less $$$

well worth the having to pluck plastered clothes from the drum in my opinion.

I'd love to update the lake house to one of these as well.

Remember to lay a level floor so you can run all the legs in.

bcampbe7
01-08-2008, 05:16 PM

Careful with using regular detergent...

http://fixitnow.com/wp/2007/11/01/high-efficiency-detergents-front-loading-washers-and-the-great-unwashed/

BrianM
01-08-2008, 05:36 PM
Q. I still don’t get it: why is low-sudsing important in a washing machine?
A. Because excessive sudsing can cause problems in HE washers by “cushioning” — or even preventing — the tumbling action. HE detergents also hold soils and dyes in suspension in low water volumes, so they don’t re-deposit onto cleaned clothes. This means that if you’re using non-HE detergents in your front-loading washer, you’re wearing poopy germs and other ca-ca on your clothes right now and you are one of the Great Unwashed.

Now that right there pretty much sums it up. Yuck!

Billr is wearing poopy germs and ca-ca! 8p

chudson
01-08-2008, 05:46 PM
Matag frontload $1300, really like it!!!;)

Willski
01-08-2008, 06:22 PM
Lotta input here! Thanks guys. I bet if I posted in the summer I wouldn't have the interest!!

Workin' 4 Toys
01-08-2008, 06:25 PM
Lotta input here! Thanks guys. I bet if I posted in the summer I wouldn't have the interest!!
I'd would say you'd have MORE advice. More people, more suggestions.

Roonie's
01-08-2008, 06:35 PM
I have the Kenmore elite HE 4t series washer and dryer. They come in cool colors and darn expensive but they sure get the job done. Also they are silent. Ours had a computer problem and Sears came out and fixed it right away. I have heard of others with our same problem but it is an easy fix.

I have 3 full sets of front loads (2 sets at our house, upper floor and basement, and 1 at cabin) all different brands of front loads and I like the Kenmore Elite HE 4t the best for easy use and functions. Also the one that gets the most used. I have the GE profile set of front loads in the basement and they work but they don't have all the cool features of the Kenmore Elite computer control panel.

Also we have two of the sets stacked so they are really a nice space saving item to have.

Willski
01-08-2008, 11:28 PM
I have the Kenmore elite HE 4t series washer and dryer. They come in cool colors and darn expensive but they sure get the job done. Also they are silent. Ours had a computer problem and Sears came out and fixed it right away. I have heard of others with our same problem but it is an easy fix.

I have 3 full sets of front loads (2 sets at our house, upper floor and basement, and 1 at cabin) all different brands of front loads and I like the Kenmore Elite HE 4t the best for easy use and functions. Also the one that gets the most used. I have the GE profile set of front loads in the basement and they work but they don't have all the cool features of the Kenmore Elite computer control panel.

Also we have two of the sets stacked so they are really a nice space saving item to have.

I think you should help a brother out and just send me one set from your house then!!

jlf
01-09-2008, 10:32 AM
What perfect timing for this thread, we were shopping for a new washer and dryer on Sunday. My requirements for the washer are must be able to wash a king size bed comforter and no adjatator in the washer. For the dryer, well it has to be able to hold all the clothes I wash.

We considered the front load washers and dryers also, my biggest complaint about the front loaders are they are so low to the ground, my big prego belly can't get down that low right now. You can purchase risers to make them more height friendly but the risers are about $250 each and of course you need two, one for the washer and one for the dryer. We thought about stacking them but you can't use the riser under the washer if you stack them, so again it's down too low for me. Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this problem without spending an additional $500 on risers?

We are still looking and doing research on them!!

BrianM
01-09-2008, 10:37 AM
Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this problem without spending an additional $500 on risers?

Build your own riser. I have been thinking about it but still haven't gotten around to it. A very sturdy, simply constructed riser could be built for the set for less than $50. I can't believe what they get for the risers retail

bcampbe7
01-09-2008, 10:40 AM
Build your own riser. I have been thinking about it but still haven't gotten around to it. A very sturdy, simply constructed riser could be built for the set for less than $50. I can't believe what they get for the risers retail

That is what I am planning to do as well. Those risers are ridiculously priced. :mad:

ShamrockIV
01-09-2008, 10:42 AM
we switched to a front load washer to match our front load dryer recently!! LOVE it!!!! laundry seems alot faster!! also the liquid detergent seems to last for ever!! just make sure u get the HE(high Efficiency) detergent!!

no pedestals here!! i am putting a countertop on top of them so my wife can fold clothes on top!!!!

jlf
01-09-2008, 10:52 AM
we switched to a front load washer to match our front load dryer recently!! LOVE it!!!! laundry seems alot faster!! also the liquid detergent seems to last for ever!! just make sure u get the HE(high Efficiency) detergent!!

no pedestals here!! i am putting a countertop on top of them so my wife can fold clothes on top!!!!
Not worried aobout folding the clothes, but getting them out of the washer and dryer, the front loaders sit so low.

We did look at building something, but want it to look nice and match the rest of the house since my laundry is right as you come in the garage and on our main level, right off the kitchen. We thought about tileing one, but then we are almost to the price of one you can just buy.

BrianM
01-09-2008, 10:55 AM
Not worried aobout folding the clothes, but getting them out of the washer and dryer, the front loaders sit so low.

We did look at building something, but want it to look nice and match the rest of the house since my laundry is right as you come in the garage and on our main level, right off the kitchen. We thought about tileing one, but then we are almost to the price of one you can just buy.
Just paint it to match the color of the washer and dryer. Or you could build them then cover with drywall and paint and texture to match the walls .Or if you want a better finish than that you can buy sheet Formica (hundreds of patterns and colors) pretty cheap and cover the riser with that so it will blend with the floor appliances etc. plus it is really easy to clean. It think you could make them look nice for pretty low $$

Willski
01-09-2008, 12:33 PM
What perfect timing for this thread, we were shopping for a new washer and dryer on Sunday. My requirements for the washer are must be able to wash a king size bed comforter and no adjatator in the washer. For the dryer, well it has to be able to hold all the clothes I wash.

We considered the front load washers and dryers also, my biggest complaint about the front loaders are they are so low to the ground, my big prego belly can't get down that low right now. You can purchase risers to make them more height friendly but the risers are about $250 each and of course you need two, one for the washer and one for the dryer. We thought about stacking them but you can't use the riser under the washer if you stack them, so again it's down too low for me. Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this problem without spending an additional $500 on risers?

Keep us posted on what you find. I agree with Brian on risers. I think they are a little overpriced. You can frame one out of 2x material, then cover it somehow for a lot less $$.

DemolitionMan
01-09-2008, 12:34 PM
We just bought two samsung front loaders with the pedestels. We dont know if we love them because we havent used them. We bought them because of the silver care.

Andyg
01-09-2008, 02:21 PM
I went to consumer reports online to see what they recommend for the front load models. The highest rated was the LG Tromm SteamWasher WM2688H with the LG WM0642H (CS Best Buy) second. Third was the Whirpool Duet Steam WFW9600T. Fourth was the Miele Touchtronic W4840 and then 5th and 6th were the Kenmore Elite HE5t Steam and Elite HE5t. The Frigidaire Gallery GLTF2940F (CS Best Buy) was rated 7th. If you are on a budget the Frigidaire is the way to go according to Consumer Reports as it only costs $650 compared to the $1300-$1900 for the "Top of the Line" models. The top 4 models had the same score of 81 then they went down to 80, 78, 78 for 5-7. There were a total of 20 different models tested with the Whirlpool Duet Sport WFW8300S coming in rated the lowest.

It was funny to read that the largest complaint form people on all of the brands was the mold/mildew smell problem. That is probably the easiest problem to prevent. Dry your clothes soon after washing and always leave the washer door open after your done and you will never have a mildew problem.

The other thing that was interesting was all off the major brands had a repair history between 9% and 11% except Maytag. The one you would think would be the lowest based on the Maytag Man commercials is actually at 17% for the front loaders.

We bought the set of Kenmore HE4t with pedestals about a year and a half ago. All I can say is wow. I think the pedestals are well worth it. Not only do they get the doors up to the proper level but there is plenty of storage in them for cleaning supplies. The cleaning programs for this thing seems endless. One of my friends who has a front loading Frigidaire comes over about every six months with his bed spread because it won't fit in his Frigidaire. I also liked the color options of the Kenmores.

The one complaint I had was that the washer seemed to make a lot of noise when in the spin cycle. The problem was that the installers didn't level the pedestals correctly and once I did that it was extremely quiet.

You can see in the picture how far open we leave the door on our washer. We have never had any mildew smell problems and we have on occasion forgot about a load in the washer for a couple of days.

Roonie's
01-09-2008, 03:41 PM
Have the same ones HE4t and never had a mold mildew smell except once when I left the wet clothes in the washer for 5 days. Even then it wasn't much since they come out of the washer almost dry anyways. We leave our door open too.

We did get a code 11 early on and had to have a part repaired as it wouldn't complete a wash cycle after the code 11, but never had any problems since.

Also really like the sanitation cycle with all the kids clothes.

ProTour X9
01-09-2008, 04:50 PM
We just got our first pair of front loader washer/dryer and love it.
Yes thats all.

JLeuck64
01-09-2008, 05:15 PM
Bought the Maytag Neptune washer and dryer in 98. Had a couple of problems with them over the years. The first one was fixed under warranty. The second one I fixed myself in 2005. Funny, I got some great help through another forum that is for appliances. There are always good posts on which brand/model of washer is best...

fixitnow.com

Great bunch over there, they really like beer.

OHIOPRO205
01-09-2008, 07:31 PM
We have the front load LG. Bought it about 3 years ago and wouldn't trade it. (2 kids and 5 sports!)

P-hat_in_Cincy
01-09-2008, 09:29 PM
we have the duet setup. Only issue is if you are on a slab, crawlspace or 2nd floor. They need a solid foundation. There is one set made by LG that is designed to be on a second floor.

O/C this was never mentioned to us when we purchased our front loaders and put them on the main floor of the house. When that washer spools up it'll shake whatever is on top of it off! I thought about putting a support post in the basement below it, but it virtually sits in the corner as it is.

With that said, we really like ours. I might stack them at some point, but it's not high on the priority list right now.

Take care,
Paul

bcampbe7
01-09-2008, 09:44 PM
O/C this was never mentioned to us when we purchased our front loaders and put them on the main floor of the house. When that washer spools up it'll shake whatever is on top of it off! I thought about putting a support post in the basement below it, but it virtually sits in the corner as it is.

With that said, we really like ours. I might stack them at some point, but it's not high on the priority list right now.

Take care,
Paul

If you haven't already, make sure the washer is level...

Lennyp04
01-10-2008, 10:49 PM
My mother just got a Bosch set and she absolutley LOVES IT!!!!

In the beggining she would take her wine into the basement to watch it do what it does!

If you want more info let me know and ill get you it

Willski
01-11-2008, 01:05 AM
I haven't seen anyone on this post that doesn't like their front loader. I called my repair man about the original washer to see what was really wrong with it. Haven't heard back yet. I did do some more investigation and I expect the timer which is about $100 for the part.

BrianM
01-11-2008, 09:52 AM
I haven't seen anyone on this post that doesn't like their front loader. I called my repair man about the original washer to see what was really wrong with it. Haven't heard back yet. I did do some more investigation and I expect the timer which is about $100 for the part.

I sure wouldn't invest another $100 in a 13 year old machine. Time to bite the bullet and buy the front loader. Consider that $100 a 10-15% discount on the new one.

Hoosier Bob
01-11-2008, 10:06 AM
New house, new life needed a new Washer and Dryer! Whirlpool Duet Steam Washer and what ever Dryer goes with. Clothes come out almost dry! Quiet and cleans awesomely! I think I enjoy these as much as my pool table!:D

bcampbe7
01-11-2008, 10:33 AM
New house, new life needed a new Washer and Dryer! Whirlpool Duet Steam Washer and what ever Dryer goes with. Clothes come out almost dry! Quiet and cleans awesomely! I think I enjoy these as much as my pool table!:D

That's a HHH post if I have ever seen one. :D :D

jlf
01-15-2008, 11:27 AM
I guess I'll see tomorrow, we bought the whirlpool duets washer and dryer also and bit the bullet and bought the pedistals too. I'll know soon enough if I like them or not!!

jlf
01-15-2008, 11:27 AM
I guess I'll see tomorrow, we bought the whirlpool duets washer and dryer also and bit the bullet and bought the pedistals too. I'll know soon enough if I like them or not!!

Willski
01-17-2008, 12:11 AM
I haven't moved on this yet....even though I started the post. My old one is still working, but not well. I am leaning toward an LG. Best reviews of any.

I did hear a new complaint however, that the cycle times are really long...any comments?

rodltg2
01-17-2008, 12:15 AM
if you do get one measure where it goes first. i bought a set of Bosch and they are deeper than my old set. so i had tho remove the doors on the laudry closet for them to fit.

Willski
01-17-2008, 12:28 AM
if you do get one measure where it goes first. i bought a set of Bosch and they are deeper than my old set. so i had tho remove the doors on the laudry closet for them to fit.

They are big. No problem for me. They will be going in an unfinished basement laundry area. Space is not an issue. I can see that being a problem on a laundry closet though. Thanks for the heads up.

Willski
01-20-2008, 07:59 PM
We just bought LG models WM2233 and matching dryer. We also sucked it up and bought the pedestals.

Wow...we could've bought a used car!! Hopefully they last. Won't be delivered until next week.

dapicatti
01-24-2008, 11:43 AM
You will love the LG's. We have them, pedestals and all and they are great. Wife says clothes look better, last longer etc. The only thing is the spin cycle can be really loud and they shake like crazy if they aren't balanced right. Make sure when they are delivered they balance them first, or your whole house will shake. We are on 2 years plus and no issues at all.

Willski
01-24-2008, 01:01 PM
Good news. They are supposed to be delivered Sat!