PDA

View Full Version : IRS Form 886 A

Roonie's
01-07-2008, 05:00 PM
Any one ever gotten one of these before. Basically a mini audit. Just got one today and a little worried about it? Just wondering what to expect? They want explanantion of both 2005 and 2006 tax returns. Any information will be helpful.

Monte
01-07-2008, 05:12 PM
Any one ever gotten one of these before. Basically a mini audit. Just got one today and a little worried about it? Just wondering what to expect? They want explanantion of both 2005 and 2006 tax returns. Any information will be helpful.

I got one once... I took it to my accountant;) Sorry that is not much help, but that is why I pay him....

to deal with stuff like that:)

stuartmcnair
01-07-2008, 05:31 PM
don't go in by yourself. Get yourself a tax accountant to deal with it. That is what my uncle in Atlanta does.

Bruce
01-07-2008, 05:36 PM
I'm betting you are getting audited because of you comments in JimBAWS post about Democrats! Big brother is watching!

TX.X-30 fan
01-07-2008, 05:57 PM
I'm betting you are getting audited because of you comments in JimBAWS post about Democrats! Big brother is watching!

Could be the 3,000 mile vacation that somehow was work related!!:noface: :noface:

:D

Roonie's
01-07-2008, 09:16 PM
It has to do with the fact we did a big home remodel and everything we were taxed on we took as a deduction by percentage which you can do which happened to be a large amount. They just want me to prove it all now. I can as I have tracked down almost every receipt related to the project. Luckily we still have them from 05 which was the first year you could take such a deduction. I am a few receipts short in 06 but it is only percentage on not actual amount so that is a relief. Just a big PITA.