PDA

View Full Version : Celeberties Water Skiing

jayderwin1
03-22-2005, 01:13 PM
Does any one know of any celeberties who water ski and are actually good?

bcampbe7
03-22-2005, 02:04 PM
Saw Alan Jackson doing it on the CHattahoochie video. He looked pretty decent. You may even see him on Center Hill...

jsonova99
03-22-2005, 02:05 PM
Saw Alan Jackson doing it on the CHattahoochie video. He looked pretty decent. You may even see him on Center Hill...

I've heard he's got a pretty sweet Mastercraft, too.

jayderwin1
03-22-2005, 02:06 PM
yeah i saw his house and house boat and antique ski boat but i did not see him out there using any of it.

AirJunky
03-22-2005, 02:09 PM
Robbie Gordon (http://www.robbygordon.com/cgi-bin/Imagefolio31/imageFolio.cgi?action=view&link=00_FAN_SUBMISSIONS/Fan_Uploads&image=skiski.jpg&img=21&tt=) is a pretty descent foil rider.

My brother taught Tommy Lee how to ride a couple years ago.

He also taught Cindy Taylor, the host of Wild on E (http://www.eonline.com/On/Wild/Cindy/Tales/vegas.html) how to ride Sky Ski. Not that she was very good, but who would argue with her? :banana:

I also hear the band members of Offspring are known to ride on the Parker Strip in AZ.

flyinryn
03-22-2005, 02:19 PM
I know one note sure if he is really a celebrity but i read on articel that Bill Gates ski's. I think he is a ski natique fan.

AirJunky
03-22-2005, 02:27 PM
I know one note sure if he is really a celebrity but i read on articel that Bill Gates ski's. I think he is a ski natique fan. Probably not anywhere near his house. Having lived near Gate's for over 20 yrs, I can safely say that we've never seen him on the lake...... much less seen a boat as small as 20' near his house. In fact, the water near his place would be horrible for skiing almost any time.

jayderwin1
03-22-2005, 02:29 PM
Bill Gates? i would like to so some pics if anyone one comes across any please post them

SteveO
03-22-2005, 02:31 PM
This months WS Mag has a blurb on the reality show individuals who are avid skiers.

flyinryn
03-22-2005, 02:35 PM
This is a link i just found saying that he skied when he was a kid. i will keep looking.

http://iml.jou.ufl.edu/projects/STUDENTS/Katovich/BILL2.HTM

G-man
03-22-2005, 02:55 PM
Fonzi skied in an episode of Happy Days a "few" years ago. Does that count?

AirJunky
03-22-2005, 02:59 PM
HEhehe, I stand corrected.
Gates skiing (http://www.booknoise.net/johnseabrook/stories/technology/email/)

Ric
03-22-2005, 03:39 PM
Fonzi skied in an episode of Happy Days a "few" years ago. Does that count?
now THAT's funny (sad I remember that)

Doesn't Drew Bledsoe Ski in the summer in CO and he's either a MC or M owner, I cannot remember??

toothawk
03-22-2005, 04:13 PM
Hey, i'm president of our dental district society..... and I ski so does that count???

AirJunky
03-22-2005, 04:16 PM
OK, this just in........ I found out that Murphy taught all the band members of Van Halen to ride Air Chair quite a few years ago.

Current world champ, Todd Kyser, taught, Jeff Keith, the singer for Tesla, to ride Sky Ski last summer.

Kid Rock has been learning how to ride stand up foil in the surf off Hawaii from Rush Randle. I guess he borrowed Rush's foil board, won't return it, wants to keep it. Supposedly he rode it behind the boat with a couple members of Metallica last summer too.

tex
03-22-2005, 04:23 PM
OK, this just in........ I found out that Murphy taught all the band members of Van Halen to ride Air Chair quite a few years ago.

Current world champ, Todd Kyser, taught, Jeff Keith, the singer for Tesla, to ride Sky Ski last summer.

Kid Rock has been learning how to ride stand up foil in the surf off Hawaii from Rush Randle. I guess he borrowed Rush's foil board, won't return it, wants to keep it. Supposedly he rode it behind the boat with a couple members of Metallica last summer too.

Would you really consider the lead singer of Tesla a celebrity?

bcampbe7
03-22-2005, 04:24 PM
Hey, i'm president of our dental district society..... and I ski so does that count???

Man, careful what you say... You will be hounded for autographs. :D

toothawk
03-22-2005, 04:26 PM
Man, careful what you say... You will be hounded for autographs. :D
I just say it to get the chicks!!!!!!

SkySkiSpokane
03-22-2005, 04:39 PM
now THAT's funny (sad I remember that)

Doesn't Drew Bledsoe Ski in the summer in CO and he's either a MC or M owner, I cannot remember??

Yea, Bledsoe is a proud MC owner. He still comes up here and buys them from the local dealer here in Spokane. Stays true to his roots!
We will see how he does in Dallas!!

tex
03-22-2005, 05:23 PM
Yea, Bledsoe is a proud MC owner. He still comes up here and buys them from the local dealer here in Spokane. Stays true to his roots!
in football or skiing?

AirJunky
03-22-2005, 05:29 PM
in football or skiing? Since most of us will have to watch TV to see how he does in football...... we'll send him towards the Brazos the next time we run into him in the Kan. :cool:

Since Jeff Keith isn't much of a celebrity, I guess Jeff Ament being a boarder won't stand out either.

Ric
03-22-2005, 06:42 PM
cool, so am I crazy or do I remember seeing a clip about guys off season sports during an NFL thing once that showed him and his fam on the lake in an MC?

6balls
03-22-2005, 07:58 PM
Lance "1 Ball" Armstrong is a water skier!

Oh and did I mention that I water ski..... Autographs will be given freely at the dock.

rem_p
03-22-2005, 09:03 PM
I've heard he's got a pretty sweet Mastercraft, too.

yea hes got a lot of old fords too....even got a bronco...so that makes him cool with me :toast:

Leroy
03-22-2005, 09:20 PM
From the link. I don't think anyone wants a pix of this!

Water-skiing was and remains a passion of Gates': several Seattleites have described for me the experience of coming across the Evergreen Bridge early on a Sunday morning in the summer and seeing Gates' big powerboat on Lake Washington, with Gates' white, toneless body water-skiing behind it and throwing up a big coxcomb of spray. Young Bill was obsessive about improving aspects of himself he didn't like. "He was always upset about his little toe curling in, so he'd work on it. He'd spend time holding it out so he'd have a straight toe," his sister Kristi told Stephen Manes and Paul Andrews, the co-authors of "Gates," a recently published biography.

HEhehe, I stand corrected.
Gates skiing (http://www.booknoise.net/johnseabrook/stories/technology/email/)

6balls
03-22-2005, 10:41 PM
Lance Armstrong - "I really like to water ski but for some reason I have not been skiing in over a year. I have been known to enjoy a beer or two..or three (you get the point!)."

Atta Boy Lance -we need to get his *** on the water! :toast:

Ric
11-05-2005, 01:43 PM
he's doing pretty well!
Funny, recently I looked at an old MC brocure that mentioned bledsoe from around 99 or so.

team north
11-05-2005, 05:35 PM
Don't know her name but the hot lawyer chick from the show JAG has an air nautique and is big into wakeboarding. Saw it on the Sn web 2 yrs ago.

team north
11-05-2005, 05:49 PM
Just checked it out her name is Catherine Bell
This is from her web site bio

"Her role on J.A.G. allows Bell to showcase her athletic skills - she's been kickboxing for over 10 years, and knows her way around a shooting range. In her off-camera time, her tomboyish nature comes to the fore when she throws herself into snowboarding, riding motorcycles, wakeboarding, and other extreme sports"

RickDV
11-05-2005, 08:46 PM
I saw an episode of Myth Busters where Jamie skied behind a rowing crew of 8 from Stanford. He actually made it up for about a minute behind the crew boat.

SKI*MC
11-05-2005, 11:07 PM
Moto-X Racer Travis Pastrana is an MC owner, at least i am pretty sure he is.

milkmania
11-05-2005, 11:42 PM
google found someone water skiing.....
not saying they're famous or anything, so I guess it's another "famous" threadjack8p

http://www.googlesightseeing.com/2005/06/09/water-skiing/

ski_king
11-06-2005, 12:12 AM
Nascar badboy Robbie Gordon.
http://www.robbygordon.com/cgi-bin/Imagefolio31/imageFolio.cgi?direct=06_HAVING_FUN!!!/x_31_Mastercraft

milkmania
11-06-2005, 12:14 AM
Nascar badboy Robbie Gordon.
http://www.robbygordon.com/cgi-bin/Imagefolio31/imageFolio.cgi?direct=06_HAVING_FUN!!!/x_31_Mastercraft&img=0

sponsored by Cingular???:rolleyes:

I guess it's all about the sponsorships

ski_king
11-06-2005, 12:15 AM
sponsored by Cingular???:rolleyes:

I guess it's all about the sponsorships
And that was his sponser last year...

jj209
11-06-2005, 06:40 PM
Tim Dwight NFL NE Patriots ski's and wakeboards. Has an X-10 he brings to the lake during the offseason. Saw him w/ Doug Flutie this summer. That's saying something w/ how few lakes we have in IA.

MasterCrafting
11-06-2005, 07:42 PM
The Coleman's (of coleman camping stuff) have a Supra (i've never seen them use it though)

LakePirate
11-06-2005, 08:46 PM
If memory serves me correctly, Mastercraft was once owned by Coleman. I could be wrong.

88 PS190
11-06-2005, 08:47 PM
wait wait wait... the colemans have a supra??? correct me if i am wrong, but supras are made by the same company as moomba right.

And yes, mastercraft was a coleman company, look in the older brochures and such. Little lantern w/ the rays.

stevo137
11-06-2005, 08:56 PM
The Coleman's (of coleman camping stuff) have a Supra (i've never seen them use it though)
Edit, nevermind...

6balls
11-07-2005, 12:57 AM
Gary Coleman - oh yeah. He's a celeb!

bradamerry
11-07-2005, 07:14 AM
yea hes got a lot of old fords too....even got a bronco...so that makes him cool with me :toast:

I knew there was a reason I liked ol' single shot.....

H20skeefreek
11-07-2005, 07:51 AM
Since most of us will have to watch TV to see how he does in football...... we'll send him towards the Brazos the next time we run into him in the Kan. :cool:

Since Jeff Keith isn't much of a celebrity, I guess Jeff Ament being a boarder won't stand out either.
Junky, any idea what kind of boat Ament has? Or did you just read somewhere that the boarded?