PDA

View Full Version : Fuel - Water Seperator

stuartmcnair
01-07-2008, 01:58 PM
OK Harold, this one is for you. I'm afraid I am going to break something when changing the filter. How do I take the housing apart? Do I loosen the nut on the bottom?

Thanks.

Stuart

:worthy:

TMCNo1
01-07-2008, 02:16 PM
OK Harold, this one is for you. I'm afraid I am going to break something when changing the filter. How do I take the housing apart? Do I loosen the nut on the bottom?

Thanks.

Stuart

:worthy:

The big nut in the top holds the can on thru the housing, IIRC when I replaced ours 3 years ago. Once you break it loose, just unscrew the can down from the housing. Place a bunch of towels/rags under the housing and lines in case any fuel spills out. You can judge how tight it was to come off as to how tight to put it back, then when you crank and run check for leaks. Scared the heck out of me to to change it, but found absolutely no water in the can and the filter was clean as the new, so I washed it with fresh gas, dried it and saved it as a spare just in case.

stuartmcnair
01-07-2008, 02:53 PM
Three years ago? I figured you did that once a month.....

Laurel_Lake_Skier
01-07-2008, 05:01 PM
While you are in there, it is a good idea to check/change the o-rings that seal off the center bolt.

stuartmcnair
01-07-2008, 05:25 PM
I think it came with those. I am going to knock that out this coming weekend and then it is ready to go back in the water.

TMCNo1
01-07-2008, 06:55 PM
While you are in there, it is a good idea to check/change the o-rings that seal off the center bolt.
Good point!
I didn't mention that, since they are in the kit and usually changing them is a given, sorry!