PDA

View Full Version : plumbing in an Integrated Bow sac in 2000 xstar

ironj32
01-07-2008, 12:46 PM
Does anyone have know if it's possible to get from the front of your ski locker to up underneath your bow seats? or am i better off running the hose on the port side underneath my seats?

etakk7
01-07-2008, 01:59 PM
Hi Jay,

I can tell you that you can get from your ski locker into the "alley" that leads from the removable floor/gastank area (where the steering cable runs) by drilling a hole in the fiberglass.

I personally ran a hose from my manifold in the bilge parallel with the steering cable all the way into the drivers side bow (underseat).

ironj32
01-07-2008, 02:13 PM
etakk, do you fill/drain your bow sac from both sides? if you only do it from the drivers side, does it drain completely? i may have to have you come over some day and show me how you got to your bow (underseat).

etakk7
01-07-2008, 04:08 PM
I fill from the drivers side and drain from both sides. I drilled two new holes in the sides of the boat for these drains, one is right next to the bilge pump outlet, the other on the passenger side in the same place. It fills way quicker than the two rear sacs so there would be no point to filling it from both sides in my setup.

I can also say that towards the end of the year, one of the drain side aerator pumps went out on me and the thing still drained all but maybe 10-20 lbs of water weight every time. I removed it for the winter and drained a gallon or two from it.

ironj32
01-07-2008, 04:30 PM
i was thinking about running a single hose all the way up to the front of the ski locker then splitting it and have one go into the bow (under the seats) from each side (if possible). i'm going to be using a reversable jabco waterpuppy so if it's going to drain on both sides it will fill on both as well.

etakk7
01-07-2008, 04:37 PM
In that case I guess it's whether or not you want to take the extra time to split the hose - you might as well do it right.

Do the Jabsco pumps prevent backflow? If not you've got a problem with the same fill and drain line.

1boarder
01-07-2008, 05:54 PM
I used a simmer pump and if you put a check valve on the overflow, you don't need two fill/drain lines. The simmer (or any other self priming pump like Jabsco) will pull the bag empty like a raisin.

ironj32
01-07-2008, 06:46 PM
i have a swing check valve to prevent the back flow. that's how my two rear sacks are plumbed in.