PDA

View Full Version : Stock Ballast upgrade for X2 2007

hadzinak
01-07-2008, 11:47 AM
Has anyone upgraded the stock ballast using the special for the X2custom fly high kit?

1boarder
01-07-2008, 12:12 PM
Search forum as this was asked a couple weeks ago. There were a few that didn't buy the kit but just the bags and hooked it into the overflows of the hard tanks.

I can't offer you any help just yet, but I take possesion of my new x2 at the end of the month and I bought the fly high kit and will put it in in February. I plan on taking pictures and posting the install.

TheOneandOnly
07-14-2008, 09:35 PM
any0ne have wake pictures of the total 2 rear bags and front sac on an 07-08 x2? We got the two rear but wake was washy-we think we need the front.

Chief
07-14-2008, 10:32 PM
I have two sacks over the rear tanks that fill from the overflow. I don't fill them all the way. I figure about an extra hundred on each side. I have found that with that set up and about 350 lbs in the bow (people) and the driver and a passenger in the observer's seat. The wake is HUGE! So if you don't have people to put in the bow, put the sack in the bow and you will be very happy.

It will look almost like this. This is Skidog's X2 wake with twelve people in it.

Yes that would be me launching off the huge wake. :)

Chief
07-14-2008, 10:56 PM
Here is a pic of the install of the extra sac.

TheOneandOnly
07-14-2008, 11:09 PM
thanks Chief, we are thinking about getting the u -shaped front sac which is 800-1k #'s- this should also make a killer difference without people up their right? Im thinking we probably will only use it alot when theirs not alot of ppl on the boat, then again if a few are on with all weighted up I can only imagine wake size-which Id love to see.

Chief
07-14-2008, 11:15 PM
thanks Chief, we are thinking about getting the u -shaped front sac which is 800-1k #'s- this should also make a killer difference without people up their right? Im thinking we probably will only use it alot when theirs not alot of ppl on the boat, then again if a few are on with all weighted up I can only imagine wake size-which Id love to see.

I don't know if I would fill all #800lbs I think about #400 will do fine. With the results from this weekend I think I may be getting the sack for the bow also.

Good Luck, I got the Fly High Sacs for the rear compartments from Great Lakes Skipper on ebay for $35 bones a piece. Then I ordered the connectors from whatever website you find them on and the tubing from Home Depot with stainless steel hose clamps. I had to reduce the tubing going to the actual sacs to 3/4 since that was the size of the connections on the sacs, but with the huge savings in the cost of the sacs I didn't mind. They fill and empty great also.

TheOneandOnly
07-14-2008, 11:28 PM
I don't know if I would fill all #800lbs I think about #400 will do fine. With the results from this weekend I think I may be getting the sack for the bow also.

Good Luck, I got the Fly High Sacs for the rear compartments from Great Lakes Skipper on ebay for $35 bones a piece. Then I ordered the connectors from whatever website you find them on and the tubing from Home Depot with stainless steel hose clamps. I had to reduce the tubing going to the actual sacs to 3/4 since that was the size of the connections on the sacs, but with the huge savings in the cost of the sacs I didn't mind. They fill and empty great also.

Dam-thats a killer deal for Fly high sacs- I paid 370 with all fittings hoses and back two sacs. Then again these were the custom fit sacs which fit perfectly-but were significantly more expensive. Front sac is around 185- +hose and fittings. I want to plumb the same as I did with the two rear from the vent of hard tank to inlet of bag-however not 100% sure on where to best route hose.

With the 12 people on board or with the 400#+ up front I bet you have to watch out when turning around to not take water overboard, or goose it alittle on the rollers

c640947
07-16-2008, 08:37 PM
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/579077.html

Roonie's
07-16-2008, 09:57 PM
Getting all the parts together in the next day or two and hopefully do install over the weekend of the custom rear X2 ballast bags as well as the front bow ballast all plumbed into system. I will take pics of it all and step by step and post it when done.

TheOneandOnly
07-16-2008, 11:25 PM
i Just installed all 3 bags, for the 08*x2 part out the system its a heck of a lot cheaper; Also use the overflows off the hard tanks to fill the bags-no need for all that extra stuff that is on that wakeworld thread which is a waste of money.

Roonie make sure when you have it weighted up that when you turn around to pick up a rider that you goose the gas to keep the nose up when you come back into the waves else water will be in-had brother not listen when i told him and soaked the boat. The auto bilge is sweet though

turbosdad
07-21-2008, 10:39 PM
So simply hook the sac intake to the hard tank overflow, then the sac overflow to the existing overflow and you can fill both and drain both????????

ie fill hard tank till it overflows into sac???????????

TheOneandOnly
07-21-2008, 11:22 PM
Turbo-yes exactly works awesome. Very easy to install

vaughnd
07-21-2008, 11:27 PM
I have the overflow setup on mine. The cool thing is the pump timer adjusts accordingly after the new sacs were cutin. Very quick and easy to install. All mine friends think the X2 wake is the best surf wake (use only one back sac). Drain it all out, set trim plate to 54% then you can slalom at various lengths. Great Boat great weight setup. Just watch the slow turns into waves.

turbosdad
07-24-2008, 01:44 AM
Turbo-yes exactly works awesome. Very easy to install
There is talk on another thread that the pump timers turn off of fill before the bags are full. Is that a problem that you have experienced??????

Thanks for the help

wakeX2wake
07-24-2008, 10:17 AM
i think the easiest way around this is to simply turn the ignition off and back on... should reset the pump timers... or just let the run... they'll fill w/ over flow pretty quickly