Were you as confident after the first half?:D

Chief
01-06-2008, 09:24 PM
Were you as confident after the first half?:D

Heck NO! They were sucking A$&.

trickskier
01-06-2008, 09:29 PM
Go Chargers! :)

I'm for any team that can beat New England!

JohnE
01-06-2008, 09:29 PM
Go Pats!

Oh yeah, they had a bye this week.8p

loeweb
01-06-2008, 09:50 PM
Someone will get the Pats. Maybe wishful thinking but I truly think they will get caught by someone.

JohnE
01-06-2008, 09:53 PM
Someone will get the Pats. Maybe wishful thinking but I truly think they will get caught by someone.

Then throw it out there! Who? The choices are narrowing.;)

trickskier
01-06-2008, 09:56 PM
Jacksonville next weekend.....................;) :D

No Skeez
01-06-2008, 10:03 PM
Go Pack Go!

tex
01-06-2008, 10:25 PM
Fun football! Go Cowboys and Chargers!

JBaker
01-06-2008, 10:42 PM

More and more people keep talking or writing about the problems the Pats will face if it is a Pack-Pats Super Bowl. Carson Palmer was on Mike and Mike earlier discussing how well the Pack would match up. He believes the Pack have such a good secondary that they can match up one on one with ease against the Pats. Bill Simmons has also been writing about the general outlook of the game. He is right, 90 percent of the crowd and 99 percent of America will be pulling for the Pack and the officials wouldn't be human if they didn't get sucked into that a little. The game will have hints of USSR vs USA.

The beauty of playing the Pats is that all the pressure is on the Pats. I think it is exactly that reason (the lack of pressure) that allowed Eli to shine in week 17. For once he entered a game where his play wasn't under the microscope.

If you would have asked me in the middle of November I would have said that the Pats would walk through the playoffs unscathed. Today I am not nearly as certain. They only played two playoff caliber teams since November 4th. Since then, their defense looks increasingly suspect. They could have easily lost to the Eagles or the Giants and absolutely should have lost to the Ravens.

But who knows, sometimes the stars just align for you and you get to play in a division where the rest of the teams are a combined 12-36 and you get caught cheating yet don't have a single member of your franchise suspended. Yep, I'd bet on the Pats.

Jim@BAWS
01-06-2008, 11:25 PM
GO PACK GO !!!

No Skeez
01-06-2008, 11:35 PM
But who knows, sometimes the stars just align for you and you get to play in a division where the rest of the teams are a combined 12-36 and you get caught cheating yet don't have a single member of your franchise suspended. Yep, I'd bet on the Pats.

Love it! Well said, but we will have to agree to disagree... My money's on the Packers! In Brett we trust!

cbryan70
01-06-2008, 11:36 PM
packers vs patriots would be an awesome game to watch! thats what im hoping for

jaysus
01-06-2008, 11:49 PM
More and more people keep talking or writing about the problems the Pats will face if it is a Pack-Pats Super Bowl. Carson Palmer was on Mike and Mike earlier discussing how well the Pack would match up. He believes the Pack have such a good secondary that they can match up one on one with ease against the Pats. Bill Simmons has also been writing about the general outlook of the game. He is right, 90 percent of the crowd and 99 percent of America will be pulling for the Pack and the officials wouldn't be human if they didn't get sucked into that a little. The game will have hints of USSR vs USA.

The beauty of playing the Pats is that all the pressure is on the Pats. I think it is exactly that reason (the lack of pressure) that allowed Eli to shine in week 17. For once he entered a game where his play wasn't under the microscope.

If you would have asked me in the middle of November I would have said that the Pats would walk through the playoffs unscathed. Today I am not nearly as certain. They only played two playoff caliber teams since November 4th. Since then, their defense looks increasingly suspect. They could have easily lost to the Eagles or the Giants and absolutely should have lost to the Ravens.

Pats did beat 4 of the 8 teams remaining(Indy, San Diego, Dallas, Giants) and 2 that were eliminated this weekend (Steelers, Skins):)

Indy's division for the past few years has not been too difficult either.

As far as "cheating"... it has been beaten to death. Since you can tape an opposing teams signals from anywhere in the stadium except the sidelines is it really "cheating" or a rules violation? Last time I checked most camera's have a zoom feature. The NFL made their ruling.

It is unfortunate that 3 wins makes them the "best ever" and a loss makes them the biggest dissapointment ever.

The nice thing about the playoffs this year is there really is no "cinderella" team. All of these teams have earned their way in.

Enjoy the playoffs!

GO PATS!

h2oskifreak
01-07-2008, 02:58 AM
Down with the "Hoodie". Anybody, but N.E.

Datdude
01-07-2008, 05:51 PM
I was pulling for the 'Skins as I think they had the best chance to beat Dallas. Now I just need to hope Eli doesn't fold and takes out the Cowgirls.

Go Pack Go!!!!!

tex
01-07-2008, 05:56 PM
I was pulling for the 'Skins as I think they had the best chance to beat Dallas. Now I just need to hope Eli doesn't fold and takes out the Cowgirls.

Go Pack Go!!!!!
Shame on you! Go Boys!

prostar205
01-07-2008, 05:58 PM
I might as well chime in for the Seahawks. Since my beloved Washington Huskies have been in the cellar of the Pac10 for the last few years, I guess I have to root for the Hawks.

pkskier
01-07-2008, 06:15 PM
The problem with how well the pack matches up with the pats is that the pack won't get by the COWBOYS!

GO COWBOYS

Covi
01-07-2008, 07:17 PM
Go Pats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jaysus
01-08-2008, 12:00 AM
The problem with how well the pack matches up with the pats is that the pack won't get by the COWBOYS!

GO COWBOYS

Also, Carson Palmer is the last person that should be talking about one on one match ups. He's got 2 world class receivers and couldn't hit the side of a barn this year.

I'd love to see anyone go one-on-one against the Patriots recievers. It would be a clinic.

jbfootin
01-08-2008, 10:52 AM

GO COWBOYS
We were in the game with 3 of our main defensive players on the bench and our second string QB playing...I think the Pack have a good chance to beat the boys in a rematch. If nothing else, it would be a damn good game!:toast:

jaxrider
01-08-2008, 11:45 AM
Pats did beat 4 of the 8 teams remaining(Indy, San Diego, Dallas, Giants) and 2 that were eliminated this weekend (Steelers, Skins)

^^^^
Are you kidding me!

First off let me say I am a Jags fan and not an Indy fan, but come on. The AFC south the past few year has been tough and this year dominant (with the Titans exception as of late). Two years ago the Jags were a wild card with a 12 -4 record and again this year will 11-5 record. Both years this record in some divisions would simply win out right a playoff berth via division title. The Jags have has the 6 best record in the NFL during the past 6 years. I don't know how you view the AFC South as weak.

While I am ranting. GO JAGS!!!!!

pkskier
01-08-2008, 11:45 AM
I agree it should be a good game, but remember the Cowboys lead us built and helped while the starting quarterback was in the game.

tex
01-11-2008, 01:25 PM
The wife had a dinner meeting last night with ESPN. She won a raffle that got us 2 sweet seats to the game on Sunday! Go Boys!

jbfootin
01-11-2008, 01:38 PM
The wife had a dinner meeting last night with ESPN. She won a raffle that got us 2 sweet seats to the game on Sunday! Go Boys!
Sweet! Gotta love free tickets to playoff games....too bad it wasn't for next weeks game against the Packers....(I hope);)

tex
01-11-2008, 01:39 PM
Sweet! Gotta love free tickets to playoff games....too bad it wasn't for next weeks game against the Packers....(I hope);)
They both got to get there!

captain planet
01-11-2008, 02:31 PM
Also, Carson Palmer is the last person that should be talking about one on one match ups. He's got 2 world class receivers and couldn't hit the side of a barn this year.

I'd love to see anyone go one-on-one against the Patriots recievers. It would be a clinic.
Carson Palmer didn't have his best year which can be attributed to his o-line depletion (Steinbach left as FA, and the rest were banged up all season). But I have to ask, how does Carson's ability to assess match-ups have anything to do with how he performed this season?:confused:

JBaker
01-11-2008, 02:54 PM
how does Carson's ability to assess match-ups have anything to do with how he performed this season?:confused:
:toast:
Well since he doesn't like what Carson has to say he has to attempt to discredit him.

How about dumb a$$ Romo heading down to Mexico with the top-heavy Simpson. I loved Bradshaw's response, "Are you crazy!?" I totally agree with Terry on this one. How can you detach yourself from your team and the situation at such a critical moment? If you need to simply relax and clear your mind, you need to recognize that taking such a public vacation is not responsible. Tony is the leader of that team and appearing in the tabloids on a beach the week before they face the Giants sends a terrible message to his teammates.

captain planet
01-11-2008, 03:04 PM
:toast:
Well since he doesn't like what Carson has to say he has to attempt to discredit him.

How about dumb a$$ Romo heading down to Mexico with the top-heavy Simpson. I loved Bradshaw's response, "Are you crazy!?" I totally agree with Terry on this one. How can you detach yourself from your team and the situation at such a critical moment? If you need to simply relax and clear your mind, you need to recognize that taking such a public vacation is not responsible. Tony is the leader of that team and appearing in the tabloids on a beach the week before they face the Giants sends a terrible message to his teammates.
Yea, just think how good the Pats would be if they had Carson Palmer!!

Dude, c'mon....it's Jessica Simpson.:rolleyes: Just kidding, there is no way he should leave town now. His focus should be the upcoming game, not sand and suntan lotion.

JBaker
01-11-2008, 03:08 PM

^^^^
Are you kidding me!

First off let me say I am a Jags fan and not an Indy fan, but come on. The AFC south the past few year has been tough and this year dominant (with the Titans exception as of late). Two years ago the Jags were a wild card with a 12 -4 record and again this year will 11-5 record. Both years this record in some divisions would simply win out right a playoff berth via division title. The Jags have has the 6 best record in the NFL during the past 6 years. I don't know how you view the AFC South as weak.

While I am ranting. GO JAGS!!!!!

Amen brother. The South has been at least in the top half of divisions for a decade. The Titans had a hefty string of dominant years, the Jags have obviously been strong and that doesn't even include Indy.

JohnE
01-13-2008, 08:09 PM
Jacksonville next weekend.....................

Not so much.8p

Now what, the bolts are gonna get them?:confused:

And go 'Boys. How are the seats, Tex?:cool:

JohnE
01-13-2008, 08:54 PM
And go 'Boys. How are the seats, Tex?:cool:

I know it is cheesy to quote myself, but oh fudge.:mad:

Mikey
01-13-2008, 08:57 PM
I guess Romo should have stayed home instead of going to Cabo with Jessica Simpson. :rolleyes: :D

JohnnyB
01-13-2008, 08:57 PM
AND......the NFC Championship game comes to Green Bay!!!

:banana: :friday: :firejump: :dance:

learjet2230
01-13-2008, 09:03 PM
Unbelievable! The boys looked awesome 1st half. O'well, cant pin it on Romo this year like last. More like Creighton. Glad Indy lost, GB has my vote from here on out.

JohnE
01-13-2008, 09:12 PM
AND......the NFC Championship game comes to Green Bay!!!

:banana: :friday: :firejump:

Go Pack!:cool:

Lennyp04
01-13-2008, 10:04 PM
Been some interesting turn outs. I'm glad the cowboys are done. Sorry If I offeneded anyone.

My vote is for the Packers. It would be nice to see Farve win a superbowl before he retires.

Mikey
01-13-2008, 10:14 PM
Been some interesting turn outs. I'm glad the cowboys are done. Sorry If I offeneded anyone.

My vote is for the Packers. It would be nice to see Farve win a superbowl before he retires.

As much as I hate to say it I too would like to see the Packers win it. But I have a hard time believing that anyone will get by the Pats. :(
Even if Farve doesnt win this one, he already has a ring.;)

3event
01-13-2008, 10:24 PM
Yeaaahhhhhhh..... Giants coming to the frozen tundra ! :D :D :D

Anyone see any Jessica Simpson masks at the game today? Ahhh, you would probably take your life into your own hands as a Giants fan with one of those in Texas Stadium.

Courtesy of
http://www.milwaukeeworld.com/blog/2007/12/do-it-yourself-jessica-simpson-mask.html
we have:

tex
01-14-2008, 12:36 AM
I was there...hard to take!

Datdude
01-14-2008, 12:57 AM
As much as I hate to say it I too would like to see the Packers win it.

I thought Yoopers were Packer fans?

Speaking of da Yoop.....we just got back from a sweet day of riding up there. Spent last night in South Range and then tore up some fresh POW. Do you have the Feb. ride dates yet?

GO PACK GO

shepherd
01-14-2008, 01:35 AM

He's already done that.

I'd like to see Norv Turner win the Super Bowl. I don't know why, just feel sorry for him I guess.

Chief
01-14-2008, 07:30 AM
Go Chargers! Maybe they should let Rivers and LT rest the next game also.

Slinkyredfoot
01-14-2008, 08:54 AM

Farve has already won a Super Bowl, but I am pulling for the Packer's too...I'd like to see them win another Super Bowl
I would also like to thanks the Colt's for participating in this years NFL playoffs...:rolleyes:

jbfootin
01-14-2008, 11:01 AM
Go Chargers! Maybe they should let Rivers and LT rest the next game also.
The Pats have to be looking at the Chargers like fresh meat. With Gates, Rivers and LT all nursing injuries, they have to be feeling pretty good about getting to the Super Bowl.

Once the Pack was done spotting the Seahawks 14 points they looked pretty damn good!!!:)

Go Packers!!!

Mikey
01-14-2008, 02:46 PM
[/SIZE][/SIZE]

I thought Yoopers were Packer fans?

Speaking of da Yoop.....we just got back from a sweet day of riding up there. Spent last night in South Range and then tore up some fresh POW. Do you have the Feb. ride dates yet?

GO PACK GO

Yeah it seems most yoopers are Packer Backers, but I was brought up to root for the home team. :o

I should be back on U.S. soil by the end of the month and then probably in the U.P. the last few days of Feb and stay through the beginning of March. Im getting anxious. Do you guys ride the pole lines up there?

Datdude
01-14-2008, 11:20 PM
Yeah it seems most yoopers are Packer Backers, but I was brought up to root for the home team. :o

I should be back on U.S. soil by the end of the month and then probably in the U.P. the last few days of Feb and stay through the beginning of March. Im getting anxious. Do you guys ride the pole lines up there?

Yeah....we hopped on the powerlines in South Range and headed south towards Twin Lakes. It is the same spot we always ride, but we keep finding new stuff. It is also comfortable to know the area a little bit. Apparently the Sheriff can not write tickets for no trail passes. We got into town at 11pm (Michigan time) so nobody that sells passes was open. Sunday morning we decided to not drive into Houghton to get passes:rolleyes: . We rode on the trail one mile to get to the lines with no problem. As we were coming back to the trail we see a blue sled with a big badge on the side:rolleyes: . He stops us and asked about our trail passes. After telling him the story he tells us to get trail passes takes off. What a nice guy:cool: ! That is the first time in 4 years of riding up there we have seen a cop or DNR officer on the trails

GO PACK GO!!!

jbfootin
01-16-2008, 04:39 PM
Back on topic....Go Packers!:)

chudson
01-16-2008, 04:58 PM
Back on topic....Go Packers!:)

Ditto !!!!!!!

Lennyp04
01-16-2008, 05:35 PM
[QUOTE=shepherd]He's already done that.

My bad. I dont think I was around when that happened.

jbfootin
01-17-2008, 03:24 PM
From the Seattle Post Intelligencer

GREEN BAY, Wis. -- It's easy to hate the New York Yankees if you're a Boston Red Sox fan, and vice versa. The same goes for the Dallas Cowboys and Washington Redskins, Michigan and Ohio State and those originators of the shotgun formation, the Hatfields and McCoys.

But who hates the Green Bay Packers?

Steeped in tradition and often viewed through a prism of sepia-tone nostalgia, the Packers have succeeded against all odds in a tiny and remote market, in a 50-year-old (albeit renovated) stadium with aluminum bench seats, in an era of unfettered free agency and corporate greed.

OK, if you're a Seahawks fan, you're not feeling all warm and fuzzy about Brett Favre and Al Harris right about now. 'We want the ball and we're going to score!' might be old news, but the sting lingers.

Really, though, do you hate the Packers?

Not if you know anything about the history of the National Football League. Not if you've seen those grainy images of the 1967 'Ice Bowl' and Bart Starr's fateful quarterback sneak on the frozen tundra of Lambeau Field. Not if you admire the principles on which Vince Lombardi built a dynasty.

Not if you pull for the underdog.

In Wisconsin, there is no other option. You are born into Packerdom here. Your great-grandfather cheered for Curly Lambeau and Don Hutson, your grandpa for Paul Hornung and Willie Wood, your dad for James Lofton and Lynn Dickey. Every kid on your block owns a No. 4 jersey.

What makes the Packers special? Start with the fact that there are 112,015 owners, the vast majority of whom hold one share of stock. Formed in the NFL's primordial mist in 1919, the Packers became a non-profit entity four years later and remain the only publicly owned team among the major professional sports.

The most recent stock sale, in 1998, netted 106,000 new 'owners' who paid $200 per share (and sent $24 million straight to the team's bottom line) for certificates that are basically worthless. The stock never pays dividends or appreciates in value. But the emotional investment is priceless. When general manager Ted Thompson signs a free agent, the fans can thump their chests and say, 'I helped bring that guy to Green Bay.' And it's true.

Of course, Bob Harlan, who has run the Packers for 19 years, first as president and CEO and more recently as chairman of the board, has a stake in the team. He, too, owns exactly one share of stock.

'I paid $25 for my share when I became president,' said Harlan, who is retiring after the postseason. 'When fans call me, they start out by saying, 'Bob, I'm a fan and a shareholder.' They always point out that they're shareholders. I say, 'Well, I am, too, so let's talk.' '

Did we mention that Harlan answers his own telephone? There is no administrative assistant to run interference, no automated maze to negotiate. You've got a beef with the injured cornerback or the price of tickets, you go straight to the top dog.

The fact that the Packers can even exist in a city of 100,000 is a minor miracle, due in equal parts to fan loyalty throughout the state and revenue sharing in the NFL. Los Angeles can't support a team but this little frozen outpost can? It's one of the mysteries of the universe.

It helps that not much ever happens in Green Bay, other than what occurs at 1265 Lombardi Ave. Lambeau Field -- notice, no naming rights -- is the city's corporate and social epicenter, its source of civic pride, its very heart and soul.

The nearest NCAA Division I football team is 2 1/2 hours away at the University of Wisconsin-Madison, and Milwaukee is 115 miles to the south, so the Packers are the only game in town.

Their reach extends north into Michigan's Upper Peninsula, south into Chicago Bears turf and west clear to the Dakotas (the team had a 40-year head start on the Minnesota Vikings). And that doesn't count the fans who have relocated or the ones Harlan likens to the 'Notre Dame subway alumni.'

'People call me and say, 'I'm a lifelong Packers fan and someday I'd love to see Lambeau Field,' ' Harlan said. 'They've never even been here.'

On game days, the far-flung Cheeseheads converge on Green Bay and fill the Lambeau parking lot hours before kickoff. First-time visitors are blown away by the passion, creativity and dedication of the tailgaters. There's nothing quite like the smell of 10,000 bratwursts sizzling on 1,000 grills and the sight of footballs spiraling through 10-degree air.

The Packers-Seahawks game will mark the 268th consecutive sellout at Lambeau, including playoffs. That's every single game since 1960. The waiting list for season tickets is at 76,800. With an average of 70 fans per year giving up their seats, the guy at the end of the list will have to wait 1,000 years, give or take a few decades, for his name to come up.

Season-ticket holders live in all 50 states and several foreign countries, including Japan. Domo arrigato.

The obsession with the team is such that the 10 p.m. TV newscasts in Milwaukee and Green Bay are dominated by Packers developments. The long snapper has an ingrown toenail? That leads the sports report. The price of beer is going up at Lambeau? That's the top story.

Brett Favre retires? We don't even want to think about that one.

The Packers have won 12 championships, more than any other NFL franchise, and three Super Bowl titles. The team has sent 21 players to the Hall of Fame. Green Bay city streets are named after former players and coaches, including Mike Holmgren.

But it's not about all that.

It's about a unique relationship between a professional sports franchise and its fans.

It's about people feeling they're a part of something special, something unique, something good.

The Packers don't need throwback jerseys to evoke their glorious past.

In all the ways that count, it's still 1965 here. And always will be.

Mikey
01-17-2008, 03:40 PM
Pretty good article jbfootin. Do you remember when they re-sodded Lambeau field and sold tiny pieces of the old sod so the fans could plant a part of Lambeau field in their own yard? I am not a Packer fan but I will say the Packers have the most dedicated and loyal fans that I have ever seen. My hats of to them. Good luck on the road to the Superbowl!

tex
01-17-2008, 04:22 PM
From the Seattle Post Intelligencer

GREEN BAY, Wis. -- It's easy to hate the New York Yankees if you're a Boston Red Sox fan, and vice versa. The same goes for the Dallas Cowboys and Washington Redskins, Michigan and Ohio State and those originators of the shotgun formation, the Hatfields and McCoys.

But who hates the Green Bay Packers?

Steeped in tradition and often viewed through a prism of sepia-tone nostalgia, the Packers have succeeded against all odds in a tiny and remote market, in a 50-year-old (albeit renovated) stadium with aluminum bench seats, in an era of unfettered free agency and corporate greed.

OK, if you're a Seahawks fan, you're not feeling all warm and fuzzy about Brett Favre and Al Harris right about now. 'We want the ball and we're going to score!' might be old news, but the sting lingers.

Really, though, do you hate the Packers?

Not if you know anything about the history of the National Football League. Not if you've seen those grainy images of the 1967 'Ice Bowl' and Bart Starr's fateful quarterback sneak on the frozen tundra of Lambeau Field. Not if you admire the principles on which Vince Lombardi built a dynasty.

Not if you pull for the underdog.

In Wisconsin, there is no other option. You are born into Packerdom here. Your great-grandfather cheered for Curly Lambeau and Don Hutson, your grandpa for Paul Hornung and Willie Wood, your dad for James Lofton and Lynn Dickey. Every kid on your block owns a No. 4 jersey.

What makes the Packers special? Start with the fact that there are 112,015 owners, the vast majority of whom hold one share of stock. Formed in the NFL's primordial mist in 1919, the Packers became a non-profit entity four years later and remain the only publicly owned team among the major professional sports.

The most recent stock sale, in 1998, netted 106,000 new 'owners' who paid $200 per share (and sent $24 million straight to the team's bottom line) for certificates that are basically worthless. The stock never pays dividends or appreciates in value. But the emotional investment is priceless. When general manager Ted Thompson signs a free agent, the fans can thump their chests and say, 'I helped bring that guy to Green Bay.' And it's true.

Of course, Bob Harlan, who has run the Packers for 19 years, first as president and CEO and more recently as chairman of the board, has a stake in the team. He, too, owns exactly one share of stock.

'I paid $25 for my share when I became president,' said Harlan, who is retiring after the postseason. 'When fans call me, they start out by saying, 'Bob, I'm a fan and a shareholder.' They always point out that they're shareholders. I say, 'Well, I am, too, so let's talk.' '

Did we mention that Harlan answers his own telephone? There is no administrative assistant to run interference, no automated maze to negotiate. You've got a beef with the injured cornerback or the price of tickets, you go straight to the top dog.

The fact that the Packers can even exist in a city of 100,000 is a minor miracle, due in equal parts to fan loyalty throughout the state and revenue sharing in the NFL. Los Angeles can't support a team but this little frozen outpost can? It's one of the mysteries of the universe.

It helps that not much ever happens in Green Bay, other than what occurs at 1265 Lombardi Ave. Lambeau Field -- notice, no naming rights -- is the city's corporate and social epicenter, its source of civic pride, its very heart and soul.

The nearest NCAA Division I football team is 2 1/2 hours away at the University of Wisconsin-Madison, and Milwaukee is 115 miles to the south, so the Packers are the only game in town.

Their reach extends north into Michigan's Upper Peninsula, south into Chicago Bears turf and west clear to the Dakotas (the team had a 40-year head start on the Minnesota Vikings). And that doesn't count the fans who have relocated or the ones Harlan likens to the 'Notre Dame subway alumni.'

'People call me and say, 'I'm a lifelong Packers fan and someday I'd love to see Lambeau Field,' ' Harlan said. 'They've never even been here.'

On game days, the far-flung Cheeseheads converge on Green Bay and fill the Lambeau parking lot hours before kickoff. First-time visitors are blown away by the passion, creativity and dedication of the tailgaters. There's nothing quite like the smell of 10,000 bratwursts sizzling on 1,000 grills and the sight of footballs spiraling through 10-degree air.

The Packers-Seahawks game will mark the 268th consecutive sellout at Lambeau, including playoffs. That's every single game since 1960. The waiting list for season tickets is at 76,800. With an average of 70 fans per year giving up their seats, the guy at the end of the list will have to wait 1,000 years, give or take a few decades, for his name to come up.

Season-ticket holders live in all 50 states and several foreign countries, including Japan. Domo arrigato.

The obsession with the team is such that the 10 p.m. TV newscasts in Milwaukee and Green Bay are dominated by Packers developments. The long snapper has an ingrown toenail? That leads the sports report. The price of beer is going up at Lambeau? That's the top story.

Brett Favre retires? We don't even want to think about that one.

The Packers have won 12 championships, more than any other NFL franchise, and three Super Bowl titles. The team has sent 21 players to the Hall of Fame. Green Bay city streets are named after former players and coaches, including Mike Holmgren.

But it's not about all that.

It's about a unique relationship between a professional sports franchise and its fans.

It's about people feeling they're a part of something special, something unique, something good.

The Packers don't need throwback jerseys to evoke their glorious past.

In all the ways that count, it's still 1965 here. And always will be.

JB-Ever tape a Packer's jersey on your kid?

Mikey
01-17-2008, 04:42 PM

:uglyhamme :uglyhamme

jbfootin
01-17-2008, 05:02 PM
Nope. I don't even have a good come back for that....:o

Actually my kids cheer for both the Packers and the Bears, since that is what my wife and her family cheer for. So far I have not beat any of the kids for wearing Urlacker jerseys.:rolleyes:

tex
01-17-2008, 06:04 PM
Nope. I don't even have a good come back for that....:o

Actually my kids cheer for both the Packers and the Bears, since that is what my wife and her family cheer for. So far I have not beat any of the kids for wearing Urlacker jerseys.:rolleyes:
That's a crazy situation. Love Urlacher or however you spell that beast's name! Can you imagine him and Paris Hilton?

jbfootin
01-17-2008, 06:42 PM
That's a crazy situation. Love Urlacher or however you spell that beast's name! Can you imagine him and Paris Hilton?
You would need to if that video comes out...;)

Here is a picture of 1 of the jerseys my aunt made my kid for christmas this year. they turned out pretty neat but the kids may need therapy some day because of this mixed marrage:rolleyes:

jbfootin
01-17-2008, 06:42 PM
one more...I like how the names turned out. We also have the "HACHER" and 2 others that combine Driver and Urlacher.

Mikey
01-21-2008, 12:21 AM
:eek: I cant believe my eyes! Who would have ever thought that Eli would take the Giants to the Superbowl. I was hoping for a Packer win. Good luck to the Giants, hopefully they have what it takes to knock down the Pats.

jbfootin
01-21-2008, 10:28 AM
I was at the Packer Giant Game.:mad: ....All I can say is that I thought the refs had a few questionable calls, but the Giants out played us. We couldn't get our offense in gear.

It was cold, but I didn't think it was too bad as long as you dressed for it. I don't know how the players with bare arms, or the packer bikinni girls did it:rolleyes:

The only silver lining may be that Favre may come back for another year now.

TMCNo1
01-21-2008, 10:32 AM
I think it's time Eli Manning finally got some notoriety since Payton has somewhat overshadowed him for years. I don't think they can beat NE, but we'll see, at least he will be going to the big dance!

#47of100TeamMC
01-21-2008, 10:41 AM
I was at the Packer Giant Game.:mad: ....All I can say is that I thought the refs had a few questionable calls,

The only silver lining may be that Favre may come back for another year now.

Spoken like a true Packer Fan:D .

I had to watch the game with my in-laws... I could barely handle it.

jbfootin
01-21-2008, 11:18 AM
Spoken like a true Packer Fan:D .

I had to watch the game with my in-laws... I could barely handle it.
Granted at the game it is hard to judge without good replays, but it seemed like they were calling the game awfull tight for a championship game.

One of the best signs at the game:

"Favre's not old and we're not cold"

I also liked one that said

"Thank you Jessica"

tex
01-21-2008, 11:37 AM
Even a Cowboy fan can appreciate this!

Jerseydave
01-21-2008, 11:50 AM
Where's the pic of the bikini girls in the yellow tops? They were cool! :cool:

flipper
01-21-2008, 02:46 PM
All I can say is the Giants need a new kicker!!!!

funk
01-22-2008, 07:19 PM
Here's a look at the one's in yellow. Not there by any means, but it was cold watching it from socal.

JBaker
01-23-2008, 11:32 AM
Here's a look at the one's in yellow. Not there by any means, but it was cold watching it from socal.

Sad they won't be at the Super Bowl. But bringing chicks like that to Zona would be like taking a ham sandwich to a buffet.

jbfootin
01-24-2008, 11:08 AM
bringing chicks like that to Zona would be like taking a ham sandwich to a buffet.
Your a glass is half empty kinda guy, arn't you.

tex
01-24-2008, 11:10 AM
They are still playing football...I thought the season ended a couple of weeks ago?