PDA

View Full Version : Iphone worth the switch

TheOneandOnly
01-06-2008, 04:05 PM
Were debating on whether or not to make the switch from the Sprint life to AT&T. For people that have made the switch, is it worth it? Is the Iphone really that good? All info pro's or con's is appreciated

03 35th Anniversary
01-06-2008, 04:52 PM
I have had AT&T for a long time. I travel alot and I have generally had good phone service.

As far as the i-phone, surfing the internet on it is a pain cause you hardly see any of it (so small on the screen) and the internetis $40 a month. If you already have a good Ipod theres really not a point in it. Unless you are one of those people that listen to it all day and you want a both of them together. But thats my view of it after the up grade.

wiltok
01-06-2008, 05:32 PM
Totally worth it - IMO. But, you have to be one of those people (aka geeks) who like technology and use the phone to it's full potential. I travel a lot on business, and I use most of the functionality. For example, use the web to check flights/check in for my flights/read teamtalk, use maps to help me find client meetings (including Google earth), weather to check the cities I'm travelling to, check the market including the stocks of the clients I'm meeting, notes to keep track of my expenses and as an alarm clock to wake to. I also use the camera for personal pictures since the phone is always with me. It's a little big (esp. to hold), but I have a Jawbone bluetooth headset which is a great compliment to the phone. I will always have one...

JBaker
01-06-2008, 05:44 PM
Were debating on whether or not to make the switch from the Sprint life to AT&T. For people that have made the switch, is it worth it? Is the Iphone really that good? All info pro's or con's is appreciated

Switch is completely worth it IMHO. Biggest Pro's from my use:

Direct voicemail access
Ultra fast, true web surfing w/ Wifi (ok through the edge network)
Store all texts as "IM-like" conversations
Super easy user interface and auto backup on your computer

Biggest Cons:

Price
Can't send picture messages
Seems to slip out of my hands now and then:eek:

Overall I would and have highly recommended it.

Lennyp04
01-06-2008, 06:15 PM
Be like Nike and Just Do IT!!!

I have had nextel for a year and a half and loved it in the begging and hated it toward the end (which isnt over yet). I got the iPhone for christmas and Love it! Internet is amazing. Yes it is small but you can zoom in and even if you have fat fingers like me you dont have a problem. The call quality of both ATT and the iPhone are exceptional! The cons that I have about the iPhone is that it requires an attachment (avaliable thru the apple store) to play standard headphones instead of apple ones. The music from the ipod portion if playing thru the speakers on the bottom of the phone are rather quiet for my taste.

The pros! Hard to believe how well this thing texts! It has a dictionary type of a thing in it that if you miss the word help and instead spell gelp it comes up with help as a suggestion. The camera is crystal clear for 2.0 mega pixles. Battery life is exceptional. I unplug my phone around 6:15 in the morning during the week and by 9:00 in the night it is only a quarter down (with light to medium use). Even the edge network is fast with full signal and with wireless it is like using a laptop.

My favorite part about the iPhone is that it is everything i would ever need...all in one small package. Phone, computer, mp3, camera and they all work exceptional. This eliminates the need to carry all of those seperate things around.

If you don't want to believe me, go to your local apple store and play with one! You'll have a blast and really get to know how it works!

bigmac
01-06-2008, 08:50 PM
I can't use an iPhone, but I have the iPod Touch, which is basically the same thing minus the phone part. It's an amazing device.

At the upcoming Mac Expo in San Francisco this year, it's widely expected that they will announce a Software Developer's kit, which will open both devices up to third-party applications instead of only being able to use Apple's WebApps. Many third-party apps are already available for iPhones/Touches that have been hacked ("jailbroken"), but when third party software gets Steve Jobs' blessing, the capability of those things will be enhanced a lot.

east tx skier
01-06-2008, 09:20 PM
If you decide to stick with sprint, check out the HTC Mogul. Very nice little device. Good voice quality, touch screen and full slide out QWERTY keyboard. The unlimited data plan from Sprint is only $30 per month.