PDA

View Full Version : Stereo System Complet

CRAIGTHEMAN
01-05-2008, 05:35 PM
hey guys a few months back i asked for your help on what to do 4 my new system in my boat and i got some feed back. I took everyones advice and got all of my system now. i just wanted to show everone what i got and get to see when it is all put in.when im doin the system im going to take pictures and make a new thread on putting a system in a boat.from what i got im sure it should sound good.i have 4 sets of polk momo 6 and a half speakers, 2 12inch alpine type R subs, 2 clarion 600watt marine amps, 1 1500watt rms mtx mono amp, clarion m455 head unit, and 4 speaker cans for my tower.missing in the picture is the 2 blue tops optimas and a battery isolator..also take a close look at the tower cans...i hand made those at work..i wanted to buy some nice stainless ones but really couldn't find any..so at work i cut some stainless up rolled it and got some pretty nice cans for free. they are almost done but i want to polish them a little bit more..well thanks everyone that help me out.

Chas
01-05-2008, 09:03 PM
Looks good. You should make a couple of lights while you're at it so they all match.

rwoznock
01-05-2008, 09:55 PM
Wow nice system and nice job on the cans! They look great! You'll be very happy with the momo's I only have 2 but they sound awesome.

CRAIGTHEMAN
01-06-2008, 12:52 AM
oh i forgot to says that i have lights for it that im mounting to the tower..yeah for the price of cans i thought i said screw it and made my own...stainless is easier to polish i my mind..everyone has been telling me to go with the polk momos so i cant wait to hear them..thanks for all the complments guys...

Monte
01-06-2008, 01:29 AM
Looks like a great set up! I'm looking to do the same. It looks like it IS less expensive to put your own speakers on your own cans. I've been looking on e bay at some options (I don't have welding skills).. I want to hear how it turns out.. Good luck with it.... BTW do you a have a dual battery set up or a bigger alternator or both?

CRAIGTHEMAN
01-06-2008, 03:38 AM
thanks alot..no matter what speaker cans you look at it seams like you r goin to pay an arm and a leg 4 them..i know they sound good because last year i made 2 cans up and had them with rockfords in them and the sounded great...if you r interested im getting rid of the 2 cans from last year.. when i got all my polk speakers i did a test fit and the outer edge showed like an eighth of an inch..im really picki and i was making some anyways so i made 4 matching ones...right after this im making a theard with them and my old speakers for sale,,,check it out..

ksmaristar91
01-06-2008, 09:57 AM
I have 4 polk momo 6.5 in on the tower and 4 in the boat, you wont be dissapointed, they were well worth the money.