PDA

View Full Version : Trailer Lifted?

6ballsisall
03-21-2005, 11:07 PM
Has anyone ever put lift block on their trailer? I really don't care for how low mine sits, the prop is literally inches above the ground. I was thinking about adding 2-3" lift blocks. Any advice?

budman
03-21-2005, 11:25 PM
I would like to know myself,same problem

whitedog
03-21-2005, 11:34 PM
Check this thread, there may be some info here. It seems like east texas did this.

http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=146&highlight=trailer+lift

Leroy
03-21-2005, 11:41 PM
Jeff; I can't speak from experience, but remember discussion on raising using the springs, double bunks, having broken leaf springs and lowering the hitch point to raise the rear. I think the old site has more on this and you can search it.

http://classifieds.mastercraft.com/scripts/discus.pl

Ryan
03-22-2005, 02:15 AM
Fearing instability with blocks I found some convex leaf springs at my MC dealer and had them thrown on when I bought my boat from them. They have a softer set up than I expected. I thougth they would be rock hard.

Like EastTX said on another thread, I too thought I needed some bigger wheels and tires to fill the wheel well. But I am really used to it now. And I just spent a bunch of money on a ski. New wheels won't help me ski better. It looks funny when I see other 90's MCs on the stock set up. They look like they are lowered, especially since new MC trailers sit taller too.

This was an inexpensive and easier solution than fabricating rollers. I never scrape now and I only have to go a few more inches down the ramp. Blocks seem to have worked well for others though.

André
03-22-2005, 06:56 AM
Ryan
What ski did you get ?

Ski-A-Rees
03-22-2005, 07:42 AM
I did it to my trailer with 2 inch bigger tire's. It was the best thing I have ever done. You have to back it down the ramp a little more but I think It rides better!

tex
03-22-2005, 09:58 AM
i had an old ski supreme that the springs went south on. i took it to a trailer shop and they put stronger springs and i beleive inverted one. it caused the trailer to ride higher and towed just as well.

MarkP
03-22-2005, 10:01 AM
Jr

I added ¾ “ lift blocks to my trailer. I made them from a piece of ¾ “ steal plate. I went with that size because it was all of the room I had on the existing U bolts. It helps out enough. I don’t think I would do it differently if I did it again.

east tx skier
03-22-2005, 10:14 AM
I did 2" blocks. Probably in that other thread, but I'm having the computer taken away from me. Off to the slopes.

MarkP
03-22-2005, 10:16 AM
Hi Doug..:wavey:

Have fun:banana:

MarkP
03-22-2005, 10:23 AM
I'm having the computer taken away from me.
I can hear Doug now…:uglyhamme

“Come On, Just Twenty Two More!!:rant:

SteveO
03-22-2005, 10:26 AM
For a minute, I thought some stole your trailer.