PDA

View Full Version : discovery channel wakeboarding on RIGHT NOW

cbryan70
01-02-2008, 10:10 PM
TURN it on mythbusters

cbryan70
01-02-2008, 10:13 PM
ehh part is over now they had some inboards and i couldnt see the brand.. more will come later in the show

shepherd
01-03-2008, 12:13 AM
Did you see the guy wakeboard behind the cruise ship? They should have gotten a pro to do it and do some tricks!

Holman J.B.F
01-03-2008, 02:08 AM
Dumb-*** move you could see that they didn,t had any experience what so ever.Grabbing the line and twist it is a stupid thing to do and i know cause it happened to us once the guy crashed skipped 1 time across the surface before i was able to jam the boat in reverse(boat died)but we stopped.Now how do you stop a cruiser like that??
It would have cost his hand or complete arm at the end.

3event
01-03-2008, 11:00 AM
Holman, that's exactly what I thought when I saw it - the guy was grabbing on to the middle of the cruise ship line and then sort of wrapping it around his hand - handle trailing somewhere behind him. He could lose his arm! Not a good plan to take a novice into a stunt like that. It goes to show how little appreciation / understanding the general public has for a sport like this. I DVR'd it so I could see in detail what they had done.

I was yelling at the TV, "LET ME TRY IT!!!!", or better yet get Rusty or Andrew Adkison out there so it could really be a show. At a bare minimum, a professional wakeboard coach could have made the operation a bit safer.