PDA

View Full Version : Anti-Divorce thread

Chas
01-01-2008, 02:34 PM
No offense to anyone who posted in the Divorce thread, but I thought equal time would be only fair.

Married 27 years, and still happy about it. In fact, she is still my friend, confidant, co-worker and general boost in my life.

In fact, even though my wife doesn't ski or 'board, she enjoys the fact that our boats bring the family together.

That is amazing to me, and I am very grateful.

It can happen!

TMCNo1
01-01-2008, 02:54 PM
December 5th was 37 years and counting!

6ballsisall
01-01-2008, 03:06 PM
5 years this past September. Can't imagine life without her with me.

Sodar
01-01-2008, 03:10 PM
Definitely winter! :rolleyes:

TMCNo1
01-01-2008, 03:22 PM

That's what I like about Winter at our age, we just get under the covers for some recreation w/o procreation!:rolleyes: :D 8p

kjohnson
01-01-2008, 03:29 PM
Chas, I started this thread. I am glad you made it this long. My wife deserted me and I hope it never happens to you or anyone else.

Ken

phecksel
01-01-2008, 03:49 PM
That's what I like about Winter at our age, we just get under the covers for some recreation w/o procreation!:rolleyes: :D 8p
NANANANANANA

TMI, way too much TMI

Leroy
01-01-2008, 03:59 PM
Twenty years and never happier. It's not easy, but what is the saying the good things in life are worth working for. Same for my MasterCraft.

VirtualWi
01-01-2008, 05:24 PM
23 together, 14 married ;)

JEREMY79
01-01-2008, 05:30 PM
been together 7 years and married 2.5 years

whitedog
01-01-2008, 05:32 PM
Married 22 years last October. Just Spent our 26 Christmas together. Still my friend. She came from a non boating family, learned to swim at 22, start to ski at 25 and still going strong. She drive the boat, backs the trailer, and suports our families skiing and hunting hobbies. Gotta love her. :D

tex
01-01-2008, 06:06 PM
August 1st will be 10 for us!

Chief
01-01-2008, 06:37 PM
That's some sweet stuff. I just threw up in my mouth. :D

Married 17 years and counting. It only feels like two minutes has passed since I was married(Under Water).

Covi
01-01-2008, 06:45 PM
Aug 4th 2008 will be 7 years strong.

TX.X-30 fan
01-01-2008, 06:48 PM
Chas, I started this thread. I am glad you made it this long. My wife deserted me and I hope it never happens to you or anyone else.

Ken

Will be 10 yrs with #2 in March, got really lucky #1 decided she needed to "find herself". :rolleyes: Still looking as far as I know. ;)

kjohnson it never felt like luck until I met someone that the ex couldn't hold a candle too. :D in any category if you catch my drift!

OK get your minds out of the gutter she's a great cook. ;)

Maristar210
01-01-2008, 06:50 PM
Will be 10 yrs with #2 in March, got really lucky #1 decided she needed to "find herself". :rolleyes: Still looking as far as I know. ;)

kjohnson it never felt like luck until I met someone that the ex couldn't hold a candle too. in any category if you catch my drift!

OK get your minds out of the gutter she's a great cook.

Thats not all she can do :D :D

TX.X-30 fan
01-01-2008, 06:57 PM
Thats not all she can do :D :D

I didnt want to brag but she gets some good air too. :D

TMCNo1
01-01-2008, 07:24 PM
I didnt want to brag but she gets some good air too. :D

Wow, Gene would really be upset!:D

tonyball
01-01-2008, 08:21 PM
Started out on a boat and still love every minute of it together!!
http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa53/bagmanindy/Wedding.jpg

Jerseydave
01-01-2008, 09:17 PM
21 years and counting for us!

She came from a non-boating family as well. Our first date was on my 1978 Challenger 454-powered jet boat, held her wide open and she thought that was great! (insert joke here)

Taught her how to drive, ski, and wakeboard. 2 kids later and we are a watersports family! :)

bucky
01-01-2008, 09:18 PM
19 years together, and June 5th will be 15 years of marital combat.
She can't drive the boat worth a darn, but marriage is about compromise.;)

Jim@BAWS
01-01-2008, 10:20 PM
22 years and 6 months for Mary Jane and I. She raised a perfect 16 year old. He passed this year 1 day after our 22 year of marriage. I do not know where I would be with out her. I love her more each day.

I really feel for you guys that could not make a go of it ! I really do. It is always an uncomfortable situation seeing couples apart after being married and then being asked or pushed to play sides. I sincerely have yet to see a divorced couple say afterwards that they did not say that they would have liked to see it work out. The only winners I see in divorce is the lawyers.

RickDV
01-01-2008, 10:35 PM
26.5 years for Sue and me and still gettin' better. Who can't help but to love the woman who lets you buy a second boat!

T Scott
01-01-2008, 10:56 PM
9.5 years for me and my wife Julie. We have two great kids and have a very happy life! We are very blessed!

Leroy
01-02-2008, 01:57 AM
Really married underwater? We were engaged underwater at Cozemel on the last dive of our trip.

Married 17 years and counting. It only feels like two minutes has passed since I was married(Under Water).

Scott
01-02-2008, 03:57 AM
married 13 years, together 15. never perfect but most of the time, close to perfect..:D

sizzler
01-02-2008, 04:00 AM
been happily married 5 yrs.............

been married for 13 yrs tho':cool:

Chief
01-02-2008, 06:31 AM
Really married underwater? We were engaged underwater at Cozemel on the last dive of our trip.

Not married underwater, the seventeen years I've been married feels like two minutes underwater. :D

My wife would kill me if she heard me say that. I bet that new Harley would be MIA if she knew I was talking smack.

Couldn't have found a better mate. Shes pretty cool.

damaged442
01-02-2008, 06:47 AM
I've got almost 6 years married, but 14 years together.
I looked at it this way, when I got married, it was for better or worse.
I could do no better, she could do no worse.
I've got some good friends doin the divorce thing. It's cheaper to keep her.
At least one got to keep his MC. (94 Maristar 225VRS)

chico
01-02-2008, 08:05 AM
25 years for us,just keeps getting better!Leroy isn`t cozumel a blast,my wife and 2 kids all did a dive together,it was awsome.

chico
01-02-2008, 08:05 AM
25 years for us,just keeps getting better!Leroy isn`t cozumel a blast,my wife and 2 kids all did a dive together,it was awsome.

H20skeefreek
01-02-2008, 08:15 AM
8 years this May. Never been happier. She's my best friend, confidant, mother of my pride and joy and most reliable boat driver (but the most consistantly inconsistant) I've got.

Just a suggestion- It really is true that the family that prays together, stays together.

mcdoon
01-02-2008, 08:48 AM
Doesn't seem near that long, but it's 26 years with the girl I love. I see a lot of you guys got your non-skiing wife into water sports. I haven't been able to do that yet, but she's Driver #1 and a damn good one.

kev88
01-02-2008, 09:15 AM
12 years and thankful!

She loves driving the Mastercraft compared to our Searay - she skied for the first time last summer. :D

chudson
01-02-2008, 09:52 AM
27 years last June and still havin lots of fun together!!! Kids are both gone from the nest but they were back at Christmas with the loves of their life and I had my best Christmas ever with all six of us together Christmas morning, life is good!!!

Muttley
01-02-2008, 10:36 AM
25 years.

She actually made me buy the boat. I thought I was done!

BrianM
01-02-2008, 10:54 AM
Coming up on 7 years for me. Been together 10 now. Life is good!

Leroy
01-02-2008, 11:03 AM
Gotcha! It's not easy but it really does keep getting better. Typical for us, I buy toys (boat, skiis, etc) and she buys clothes/shoes. Which Harley?

Not married underwater, the seventeen years I've been married feels like two minutes underwater. :D

My wife would kill me if she heard me say that. I bet that new Harley would be MIA if she knew I was talking smack.

Couldn't have found a better mate. Shes pretty cool.

jbfootin
01-02-2008, 11:08 AM
10 yrs married for me.

starman205
01-02-2008, 11:15 AM
30 years for me. Going on a cruise to the Carribean next week for a second HONEYMOON!!!!!!!!! :D

RexDog1
01-02-2008, 11:21 AM
I now have been married for 14-15 years???:confused: And it has been up and down for the last few years:o and one thing I forgot…. you need to work on a marriage, and it takes two to do so…………. I know this now….. it only took me 7 years to know this…………….. Remember I am dumb :( and am A$$:D

Mikey
01-02-2008, 11:24 AM
Remember I am dumb :( and am A$$:D

The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem.:D

RexDog1
01-02-2008, 11:34 AM
The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem.:D

LOL LOL Happy New Year Mikey !!!!!!!:D

Bruce
01-02-2008, 11:48 AM
Last June Jean and I hit 50 years of a great marriage! Did not get to celebrate since she was in chemo. Now that she got a good report we will do the celebrating on our 51st. Seeing her courage battling cancer has made me appreciate her all the more. It also changed my priorities in life.

ShamrockIV
01-02-2008, 12:00 PM
Way to go bruce on the 50 years!!!
we will have 9 in april!!!
9 years, four beautifull kids, and a better marriage than ever!!!!
my wife puts up with alot with me being away with the military but she hangs in their like the awesome, wife, mother, friend she is!!!!

plus she loves the lake too!!!! we are raising our daughters to love the water like we do. it sure is a great family time!!!

stuartmcnair
01-02-2008, 12:05 PM
together 17 years...married 13.5 years. Two kids, two dogs, two cats and a horse.

She pitches a fit every time I buy a new toy but she always figures out how to pay for them. She told me when I first started dating her how much she loved the water and loved watching the wake come off the back of the boat.

Several boats and a sea doo later and we have a lovely MasterCraft that she can drive perfect (except for loading n a trailer) so I am truly blessed to have her.

Workin' 4 Toys
01-02-2008, 12:52 PM
You aren't getting any younger, better start making some plans.

thijs
01-02-2008, 12:56 PM
Together 5 years, married 2.5. Love my wife more each day. (And she wants to learn to pull me, what more can I ask?)

thijs
01-02-2008, 12:57 PM
(As my wife walks in and asked what my avatar is!) Priceless.

Sodar
01-02-2008, 01:29 PM
You aren't getting any younger, better start making some plans.

Yeah.... I have plans.... It is called the 5 year plan! I also have a rule. It is called the 30 year rule. It states that no man in his right mind should be married before the age of 30. So.... I think I am right on track!

Mikey
01-02-2008, 01:31 PM
my wife puts up with alot with me being away with the military but she hangs in their like the awesome, wife, mother, friend she is!!!!

Thats awesome shamrock! I wish my ex would have been as supportive and strong willed as your wife to support you through all of that.:)

Workin' 4 Toys
01-02-2008, 01:31 PM
10 years is right around the corner.:cool:
No divorce in sight, (At least that I know of .....:purplaugh )

Ole Miss Rebels
01-02-2008, 01:33 PM
been together 17, been married 10. i love her more today than when we got married. she's as good as they get. we do almost everything together. i can't imagine betraying her (or myself for that matter). we wakeboard every weekend, year-round. we go to all of the rebel football games and any good concerts in the area. she is a great cook, hard worker, loyal companion and, loves football, wakeboarding and rock and roll. she's big into yoga now and wants me to join her but i have to let her go that one alone. i realize that it would benefit me greatly, but if it isn't competitive then i haven't the interest to take it up. i'll stick with volloeyball when she's practicing her yoga. works out fine. hotty toddy, gthlsu.

Workin' 4 Toys
01-02-2008, 01:35 PM
Yeah.... I have plans.... It is called the 5 year plan! I also have a rule. It is called the 30 year rule. It states that no man in his right mind should be married before the age of 30. So.... I think I am right on track!
Interesting plan. I wish you all the best in your search.

Must have a very high divorce rate in your area to have such a "rule".:confused:

I'm am VERY glad I didn't have the same rule. I wish I would have gotten "started" sooner. Marriage and kids.....

RexDog1
01-02-2008, 01:41 PM

Very smart man!!!! :D
That is what I did………..:rolleyes: I had all my fun before I got marred …….LOL LOL :rolleyes:

Hi Deer:cool:

Sodar
01-02-2008, 01:45 PM
With a divorce rate in California being ~53% and having watched my friends and my parents' friends having there @ss handed to them on a silver plater after a divorce, I have no inclination to get caught up in the mess. I would love to have what my parents have, but times are much different and many, many, many women/whores in my area are out for nothing more than personal gain. I hope to God that I find a woman that is mature enough, trustworthy enough and compatible enough to be my wife. I will NEVER divorce, so I want to make sure my life is not a living hell in order to keep that promise.:twocents:

Workin' 4 Toys
01-02-2008, 01:58 PM
Very smart man!!!! :D
That is what I did………..:rolleyes: I had all my fun before I got marred …….LOL LOL

If what you have and do now is boring compared to what you did previous to marriage, I am surprised you are alive....8p With this in mind...
With successful marriages in mind I have to wonder. If these were linked to each other in some fashion.:rolleyes:

Is the secret to a successful marriage having a:
A- BIG garage full of toys,
B- BIG garage with no toys
C- small garage overflowing with toys
D- small garage with no toys

(Assuming time is spent more or less often in said garage with said toys or lack thereof....)

RexDog1
01-02-2008, 02:01 PM
With a divorce rate in California being ~53% and having watched my friends and my parents' friends having there @ss handed to them on a silver plater after a divorce, I have no inclination to get caught up in the mess. I would love to have what my parents have, but times are much different and many, many, many women/whores in my area are out for nothing more than personal gain. I hope to God that I find a woman that is mature enough, trustworthy enough and compatible enough to be my wife. I will NEVER divorce, so I want to make sure my life is not a living hell in order to keep that promise.

I wanted to get financially settled in my life :rolleyes:
And we waited to have kids for 6 years or so, to see if the marriage was going to work out?:confused: And we had time to travel the world without kids:D , now that I am older I can afford the kids………… well……… I think I can???? :rolleyes:
You have time and when you find her………… well…….. good luck, sounds like s good plan

ridesdirt
01-02-2008, 02:02 PM
category "c"

14 years and going.

Mikey
01-02-2008, 02:03 PM
I will NEVER divorce, so I want to make sure my life is not a living hell in order to keep that promise.:twocents:

You can say that all you want, I said the same thing, but sometimes things happen beyond your control and there is no choice but to divorce. I dont know anyone that is divorced that said when they got married that it was only going to be temporary.:confused:

Workin' 4 Toys
01-02-2008, 02:07 PM
With a divorce rate in California being ~53% and having watched my friends and my parents' friends having there @ss handed to them on a silver plater after a divorce, I have no inclination to get caught up in the mess. I would love to have what my parents have, but times are much different and many, many, many women/whores in my area are out for nothing more than personal gain. I hope to God that I find a woman that is mature enough, trustworthy enough and compatible enough to be my wife. I will NEVER divorce, so I want to make sure my life is not a living hell in order to keep that promise.:twocents:
You sound like a rockstar.

Does Pamela Anderson live near you?:rolleyes:

Workin' 4 Toys
01-02-2008, 02:11 PM
now that I am older I can afford the kids………… well……… I think I can???? :rolleyes:
On that note: I wish I would have gotten started alot sooner.;)

Sodar
01-02-2008, 02:12 PM
You sound like a rockstar.

Does Pamela Anderson live near you?:rolleyes:

No, but Jesse James and Sandra Bullock do! 8p

east tx skier
01-02-2008, 02:16 PM
No, but ... Sandra Bullock do[es]! 8p

I thought she lived in Austin???

RexDog1
01-02-2008, 02:20 PM
No, but Jesse James and Sandra Bullock do!

Where grasshopper lives is one of my favorite cities in Cal.:D Lot of “MILFS” 8p and some of the best bars in Sol Cal. and tons of single women,8p most of them gold diggers, well it is heaven !!!!!!!:rolleyes:
he has it right, hit n run………………

Sodar
01-02-2008, 02:29 PM
I thought she lived in Austin???

Naw.... she lives in Sunset. I see her picking up Jesse's kids from the school across the street from my house. I have seen them walking the dogs together down the greenbelt some mornings when I go surfing. A few weeks ago, I got off the freeway and was checking out a SWEET blacked out Bentley with a "Peterbuilt" license plate frame. I thought to myself "Hmmm... he must be some trucking/shipping giant." WRONG... it was Jesse and Sandra... :cool:

east tx skier
01-02-2008, 02:38 PM
Ah, for some reason I was thinking Jesse Jane. Yeah, I guess she moved at some point when (or before) they got hitched up.

TX.X-30 fan
01-02-2008, 04:54 PM
She has a home on lake Travis and owns a restaurant in town. May be a vacation home here???????? Eastie you are right as usual. :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

TMCNo1
01-02-2008, 05:16 PM
NANANANANANA

TMI, way too much TMI

And it takes me all night to do, what I used to could do all night, cause I ain't as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was!:rolleyes: :D

east tx skier
01-02-2008, 05:19 PM
She has a home on lake Travis and owns a restaurant in town. May be a vacation home here???????? Eastie you are right as usual. :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

I knew she was on Travis several years ago as I'd read she was going to restore that boat drive-in movie theater. Apparently, way back when, they used to have people out in the water on innertubes watching movies. They showed Jaws once and had people swimming around grabbing peoples ankles. Good fun!

lowndex
01-02-2008, 05:56 PM
No offense to anyone who posted in the Divorce thread, but I thought equal time would be only fair.

Married 27 years, and still happy about it. In fact, she is still my friend, confidant, co-worker and general boost in my life.

In fact, even though my wife doesn't ski or 'board, she enjoys the fact that our boats bring the family together.

It can happen!
If you are divorced, 90 % chance it was your fault, dude. Men are famous for letting good women get away by not listening or caring what the little woman thinks/needs. So, here's to being whipped and happy - have the love of a great woman!

Married 20 years

D3skier
01-02-2008, 06:36 PM
(As my wife walks in and asked what my avatar is!) Priceless.

LMAO
Now that's classic 8p

Leroy
01-02-2008, 07:14 PM
Think you are smart to plan on 30, but watch cause people can lie with statistics....you know >95% of cars end up in the junk yard.

6ballsisall
01-02-2008, 07:16 PM
Think you are smart to plan on 30, but watch cause people can lie with statistics....you know >95% of cars end up in the junk yard.

Would that include imports too Leroy??? :confused: I wonder if Workin could shed some light on that one??? :woohoo:

lanier92prostar
01-02-2008, 08:19 PM
Happily married for 15 years to a great boat driver and wonderful mother of 2 girls. I am blessed that my wife took to my hobbies of waterskiing and camping. Now if I could only get her to drive the boat in a straight line!!

TX.X-30 fan
01-02-2008, 08:33 PM
If you are divorced, 90 % chance it was your fault, dude. Men are famous for letting good women get away by not listening or caring what the little woman thinks/needs. So, here's to being whipped and happy - have the love of a great woman!

Married 20 years

Wow impressive first post? I guess I fall into your 10% category. Neither myself nor my wife feels whipped, one or the other being "whipped" is not in my oppinion how a successful marriage is achieved.

SunCoast 83
01-02-2008, 09:11 PM
Getting married in November :) Been together for 3 yrs, and cant imagine my life without her. She loves the boat & the water, and will make sure its always a part of the family. Maybe she will let me get a second MC someday?........

Workin' 4 Toys
01-02-2008, 10:02 PM
Would that include imports too Leroy??? :confused: I wonder if Workin could shed some light on that one??? :woohoo:
That is an easy one. 100% of ALL imports should be in junk yards. New and old.

Workin' 4 Toys
01-02-2008, 10:05 PM
Wow impressive first post? .He does have a wicked avatar;)

Leroy
01-02-2008, 11:00 PM
I already see his vote....as expected!

Ric
01-03-2008, 09:18 AM
been married just over a year now. It's all good!

MIMC
01-03-2008, 09:37 AM
Married 9 years as of yesterday, but we have been together since December 6th, 1993 - our first date! I know, I know - awwwww! :)

Workin' 4 Toys
01-03-2008, 09:39 AM
Rachel,
I'd guess you have made him a happy man.

Workin' 4 Toys
01-03-2008, 09:41 AM
I already see his vote....as expected!
I won't let you down.

RexDog1
01-03-2008, 09:46 AM
been married just over a year now. It's all good!

I Love a women who says it like it is !!!!! 8p :D

mrprostar
01-03-2008, 10:49 AM
Married just over 18 months...lovin it!

jbfootin
01-03-2008, 10:52 AM
A friend of mine had his parents get a divorce after being married over 30 years.

Like I heard a comedian once put it, "A marrage is only a success once one of you die"

Scary way to look at it... but true

weskix4
01-03-2008, 01:27 PM
Married twenty-one years as of today! We met exactly twenty-five years ago in a communications class...that's how we picked the date. We always love each other, but some days we don't really like each other...that's life. She is my best friend, a great wife, and an awsome mom. Not a bad boat driver either! :D

bucky
01-03-2008, 06:25 PM
A friend of mine had his parents get a divorce after being married over 30 years.

Like I heard a comedian once put it, "A marrage is only a success once one of you die"

Scary way to look at it... but true

That depends on how you die.;)

bucky
01-03-2008, 06:25 PM
Woohoo! My first double post! Look at that post count grow.

loeweb
01-03-2008, 07:03 PM
Been married 4 1/2 years and have loved every minute of it. I always tell people that if we weren't fighting something would be wrong. Love her to death even if she doesn't enjoy the water as much as I do. But then again, I don't like scrapbooking and she still loves me.

As Robin Williams once said "ah yes divorce meaning to rip a man's testicles out through his wallet"

trickskier
01-03-2008, 08:56 PM
Going on 24 FANTASTIC years!!! :D

suedv
01-03-2008, 09:59 PM
As Rick already posted, we've been married 26 years. He can't boast of a great boat drive wife like lots of you have. :o That's our son's job. However, my shutter finger is well practiced. I spend all my time in the boat taking pictures.

I can say that my husband is a great boat driver and he's also my best friend. :love:

Ric
01-03-2008, 10:57 PM
I Love a women who says it like it is !!!!! 8p :D that animal does not exist:o

Monte
01-03-2008, 11:04 PM
that animal does not exist:o

Hmmph........ speak for yourself:rolleyes:

SkiDog
01-03-2008, 11:29 PM
As long as I can keep going to the strip bars, we'll stay together!:D :D :D She only gets pi$$ed when I go without her!:(

coz
01-04-2008, 08:56 AM

It can happen!

I might as well jump on this wagon, :D 19 years and she knows me and the kids love wakeboarding/d-bike riding so it's an even trade off, we're out of the house early so she gets to sleep in. Once and a while she'll join us but definetly not in the dirt (too dirty):confused: . And I wouldn't want it anyother way.:rolleyes:

Monte
01-04-2008, 09:02 AM
9 GREAT years on January 30th..

Ric
01-04-2008, 09:43 AM
Hmmph........ speak for yourself:rolleyes: apparantly "do whatever the f you want", doesn't mean what I thought it meant:rolleyes:

RexDog1
01-04-2008, 10:53 AM
that animal does not exist:o

You are so right!!!!!......LOL :D

RexDog1
01-04-2008, 10:55 AM
Going on 24 FANTASTIC years!!! :D

24 YEARS!!!!!!! congrats !!!!!!:D WOW you are old................LOL:D

Sodar
01-04-2008, 11:16 AM
24 YEARS!!!!!!! congrats !!!!!! WOW you are old................LOL:D

Almost as old as you!! :D 8p :D

Monte
01-04-2008, 11:30 AM
apparantly "do whatever the f you want", doesn't mean what I thought it meant:rolleyes:

When you say it THAT way you make a good point:rolleyes:

RexDog1
01-04-2008, 11:42 AM
Almost as old as you!! :D

WOW that one REALLY HURT …………….:(

Oh Congrats on the game……:headbang: USC did some butt kicking :D

Sodar
01-04-2008, 11:53 AM
WOW that one REALLY HURT …………….:(

Oh Congrats on the game……:headbang: USC did some butt kicking :D

It is all in fun, Jon!! I give it to Rick and Eddie all the time too!!

Thanks! SC had a good game... too bad our consistancy was not up to par this season. I would have really liked to see them play for the national championship, but there is always next year!

Ric
01-04-2008, 12:04 PM

! whoooh that is gay

Sodar
01-04-2008, 12:10 PM
whoooh that is gay

A gay man could twist it that way!!

Ric
01-04-2008, 12:12 PM
A gay man could twist it that way!! please, I don't need to know anymore about your private life. Stop it.

76S&S
01-04-2008, 12:14 PM
Getting back on track.......

20 years this past September. Met her on the water; we went skiing the first day and have been on the water since.

peason
01-04-2008, 04:40 PM
Just celebrated 20 years of marriage in October - with no fanfare. She is my best friend. Looking forward to the next 20 years! We have a heck of a lot of fun together and have weathered the hard times pretty easily. We have 4 beautiful children, life could not be much better!

RexDog1
01-04-2008, 04:55 PM

Thanks! SC had a good game... too bad our consistancy was not up to par this season. I would have really liked to see them play for the national championship, but there is always next year!

I know it is all in fun :D
I was “give it to” Trick with my post

daverbeck
01-04-2008, 09:33 PM
Married 31 years. I keep telling her I'll give her another 30 and if she doesn't shape up I'm outa here!

Roonie's
01-04-2008, 09:44 PM
Just celebrated 20 years of marriage in October - with no fanfare. She is my best friend. Looking forward to the next 20 years! We have a heck of a lot of fun together and have weathered the hard times pretty easily. We have 4 beautiful children, life could not be much better!

Congrats....

Going on 11 years of marriage here. We have known each other now almost half of our lives as we dated for 5 years prior to marriage. Been through many life changes and come out of it still talking most of the time.

h2oskifreak
01-05-2008, 12:41 AM
This is a good thread. I recently divorced after 15 years and it is good for me to hear all of your success stories. It gives me hope that there are good women out there. Also nice to see so many of the women involved with the sport, driving skiing and just being interested.

Chas
01-05-2008, 02:51 AM
Married 31 years. I keep telling her I'll give her another 30 and if she doesn't shape up I'm outa here!

Great!

My wife and I agreed on our wedding day that we would give it a good hard try. But if it didn't work out, we would...

... try harder.

So far, so good.

Ric
01-05-2008, 08:55 AM
I know it is all in fun :D
I was “give it to” Trick with my post :noface: .

Ric
02-25-2008, 05:35 PM
Don't do it Sizz!

School Skier
02-25-2008, 05:43 PM
36 years for us. No question many ups and downs on our tour so far.

flipper
02-25-2008, 05:56 PM
9 years together, 3 married, first kid on the way in 3 months. Wouldn't have it any other way

2RLAKE
02-25-2008, 06:22 PM
16.5 years, 2 kids, built our lakehouse together every weekend for a year ... and she's the best driver for my flyin dock starts!

msanantonio
02-25-2008, 08:25 PM
Have known my wife for 35 years -been married for 23, She's my best friend and soul mate. We've got 2 great boys 14 and 11 and we have a good family around us.
You have to work at it but isn't that true of anything that you really want in life.... I Wouldn't have it any other way