PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Tournament Team Boats

Skidawg
12-31-2007, 04:25 PM
I own a 2004 Mastercraft X7, but located a new 2007 Tournament Team boat I considered buying. I just have mixed emotions concerning the grafics and miss matched colors. It looks like the ones that for sale, are just not selling. Just wondering what everone thinks of the boat.

Chicago190
12-31-2007, 04:29 PM
It looks better in person than it does in pictures IMO. If you're seriously looking at one go check it out in person to see what you think of the graphics. My decision would be based on options in the boat because the 04 and 07 hulls are the same, but if you can sell your boat and get a TT with maybe an upgraded engine, PP, etc. then go for it.

MSOUCY-TT
12-31-2007, 04:56 PM
I have that 07 with the following package for sale:
BOAT # 98, MCX P.SLOT 260 Hrs, Mini tower with bimini, skis racks, PP, bow cover, full cover, heater, stereo cd sub ampli remote, rear ballast, cleats(4), Fiberglass white or teak platform, tandem trailer with spare.
49500$Can
If that help in your buying process.:)

duckguy
12-31-2007, 04:58 PM
I think the 07 TT boats are very unique and look great.

TMCNo1
12-31-2007, 05:53 PM
By far, one of the nicest looking TT boats that have been built.

BrianM
12-31-2007, 06:18 PM
As said if you haven't seen one in person you should. They are fine!

Footin
12-31-2007, 06:22 PM
My favorite TT boat ever made.

TMCNo1
12-31-2007, 07:13 PM
I own a 2004 Mastercraft X7, but located a new 2007 Tournament Team boat I considered buying. I just have mixed emotions concerning the grafics and miss matched colors. It looks like the ones that for sale, are just not selling. Just wondering what everone thinks of the boat.

I think, someday it will be one of ther most sought after boats that MC has ever built.:cool:
If you get one, I suggest you go ahead and get a complete set of replacement decals as soon as possible. There won't be many sets available after a few years if you need them, due to their limited production.

bstrom-tt
01-02-2008, 11:19 AM
Sold mine about a month ago. When we were at INT Championships in Baton Rouge, I was told they were using a 2008 Mastercraft to pull the event because all the 2007 TT boats in that area had already sold.

They are great looking boats!! IMHO. :)

skisix@38
01-02-2008, 11:29 AM
It looks better in person than it does in pictures IMO. If you're seriously looking at one go check it out in person to see what you think of the graphics. My decision would be based on options in the boat because the 04 and 07 hulls are the same, but if you can sell your boat and get a TT with maybe an upgraded engine, PP, etc. then go for it.

That's not exactly true... The hulls are the same but in 2006 they lightened the TT boat by a couple hundred lbs and that made a noteable difference in driving and skiing.

André
01-02-2008, 12:15 PM
That's not exactly true... The hulls are the same but in 2006 they lightened the TT boat by a couple hundred lbs and that made a noteable difference in driving and skiing.
How and where did they remove a couples of hundred pounds?

east tx skier
01-02-2008, 12:54 PM

Additionally, it will have throttle by wire, a different rudder, and ETXcats.

skisix@38
01-02-2008, 02:44 PM
How and where did they remove a couples of hundred pounds?

I'm not with the factory so I can't say for sure. The promo guy in my area that has one told me that when the 06 came out and I verified that it drove significantly better then his previous years boats and I thought the wakes were better too as did most of the other skiers.

Knowing only a little about glass work- one less layer of glass here and there with the corresponding less resin to cure it would go a long ways toward a lighter boat.

Mostly, the 197 hull suffers from not enough lifting from the strakes. The hull has to push a lot more water then bu/cc to get on plane. Then once on plane they designed the 197 to ride deeper in the water and that's why it uses more gas and is slower on the top end. It's not a question of HP either- velocity is a cube of drag so adding a LY6, or another 35-50HP, isn't going to do much for the top end. Pushing less mass through the water would have much more of an impact.

6ballsisall
01-02-2008, 02:48 PM
I'm not with the factory so I can't say for sure. The promo guy in my area that has one told me that when the 06 came out and I verified that it drove significantly better then his previous years boats and I thought the wakes were better too as did most of the other skiers.

Knowing only a little about glass work- one less layer of glass here and there with the corresponding less resin to cure it would go a long ways toward a lighter boat.

Mostly, the 197 hull suffers from not enough lifting from the strakes. The hull has to push a lot more water then bu/cc to get on plane. Then once on plane they designed the 197 to ride deeper in the water and that's why it uses more gas and is slower on the top end. It's not a question of HP either- velocity is a cube of drag so adding a LY6, or another 35-50HP, isn't going to do much for the top end. Pushing less mass through the water would have much more of an impact.

I won't argue with your statements above as you clearly have more skier knowledge than I.

However, I can tell you a 08' 197 w/ LY6 has no problem doing 52-53 mph on the same hull as the 03-current hull for the 197..... That appears to be the happy medium of a good hull and enough "juice" us footers want on the top end.

east tx skier
01-02-2008, 03:20 PM
They could probably knock a few pounds off that boat by pulling the tower off of it. Just sayin'.

skisix@38
01-02-2008, 05:39 PM
I won't argue with your statements above as you clearly have more skier knowledge than I.

However, I can tell you a 08' 197 w/ LY6 has no problem doing 52-53 mph on the same hull as the 03-current hull for the 197..... That appears to be the happy medium of a good hull and enough "juice" us footers want on the top end.

I won't presume to argue with your experience, although I would wonder about the calibration on the speed though as last years boat with the LY6 wouldn't come close to 48 so I wonder how they broke the 50 mark...

André
01-02-2008, 05:41 PM
I'm not with the factory so I can't say for sure. The promo guy in my area that has one told me that when the 06 came out and I verified that it drove significantly better then his previous years boats ...
Maybe that part is due to the new 06 rudder.
Doug got the ONLY solution!:D

6ballsisall
01-02-2008, 05:41 PM
I won't presume to argue with your experience, although I would wonder about the calibration on the speed though as last years boat with the LY6 wouldn't come close to 48 so I wonder how they broke the 50 mark...

Don't know, ask Erkoehler, it is his demo boat (also for sale in the marketplace section) we had a course out at Cumberland and PP was dialed in. Boat had 10 hours or so on it when she broke 50 without a sweat

east tx skier
01-02-2008, 05:46 PM
Jeff, how long was that line for you to run 50 mph in the course?

You sure that perfect pass wasn't set to display KPH? ;)

6ballsisall
01-02-2008, 05:51 PM
Jeff, how long was that line for you to run 50 mph in the course?

You sure that perfect pass wasn't set to display KPH? ;)

We don't need no stinking lines Easty!! 43 off is my warmup run!! :D

east tx skier
01-02-2008, 06:20 PM
Yeah, like me, sounds like you run the course right down the middle.

6ballsisall
01-02-2008, 06:29 PM
Yeah, like me, sounds like you run the course right down the middle.

Pretty much, I can't be bothered by those measly outer buoys. :D 8p

skisix@38
01-02-2008, 06:29 PM
Don't know, ask Erkoehler, it is his demo boat (also for sale in the marketplace section) we had a course out at Cumberland and PP was dialed in. Boat had 10 hours or so on it when she broke 50 without a sweat

So, you read 50+ from the PP display or the speedo? Or, you took the time off the PP display and then divided that by 850 and inverted that number (ft/sec) and divided by 5280 (mile/sec) and then multiplied by 3600(mph)?

Not picking on you jr, just determining how much I believe your claim...

6ballsisall
01-02-2008, 06:32 PM
So, you read 50+ from the PP display or the speedo? Or, you took the time off the PP display and then divided that by 850 and inverted that number (ft/sec) and divided by 5280 (mile/sec) and then multiplied by 3600(mph)?

I don't know, I didn't calibrate it. Erk did, and we just used his boat all weekend. :D I really don't care if you believe my "claim", its not my boat to defend.... If you want more info ask Erkoehler.

east tx skier
01-02-2008, 06:32 PM

Jeff can do that math in his head while he foots methinks.

6ballsisall
01-02-2008, 08:18 PM
Jeff can do that math in his head while he foots methinks.

I use to do it that way. Then I said "what the heck?" and had a PP paddlewheel installed in both of my feet. They work great! They also double well for rollerblades. :D

Sodar
01-02-2008, 08:20 PM
They also double well for rollerblades. :D

Way to take a very cool thread and make it very gey! 8p

6ballsisall
01-02-2008, 08:23 PM
Way to take a very cool thread and make it very gey! 8p

No problem buddy, just following your lead. :D ;)

skisix@38
01-03-2008, 09:34 AM
I don't know, I didn't calibrate it. Erk did, and we just used his boat all weekend. :D I really don't care if you believe my "claim", its not my boat to defend.... If you want more info ask Erkoehler.

Not trying to start a fuss or get anyone excited here... Just sounds far fetched when last years boat with the same engine would only do about 44-45. There's not significantly more HP in that engine and it's the same hull... Ergo- you were in one that clocked 7mph more. That goes under the category of HMMMMMMMMM...

I'm not contesting that you were in a boat and that while in that boat you saw a speedo say something on the order of 50mph.

Stritt
01-03-2008, 10:11 AM
Our past boat.....2003 197, LQ9...GPS 49.9 with tower. I believe I went over the 50 mark on occasion, just don't recall. Definatley more than the low to mid 40's however. Of course, I don't know why it would make a difference for the skier's past 36mph and for the footer's low 40's was enough for my 220 frame....anything past that mark is.....well......useless. Top speed is for the "little" men that are deaf and color blind......aka the Fountain, Skater and Cigarette crowd.

Sodar
01-03-2008, 12:34 PM
Top speed is for the "little" men that are deaf and color blind......aka the Fountain, Skater and Cigarette crowd.

I take offense to that! :mad: I am neither deaf nor color blind... I just like to go fast! :D

Stritt
01-03-2008, 02:02 PM
It's ok;) It may be different in CA...but I doubt it....besides your not the go fast typical demographic.....

X-Aggie
01-03-2008, 03:28 PM
I just like to go fast!

Rickey Bobby?

east tx skier
01-03-2008, 03:46 PM
Our past boat.....2003 197, LQ9...GPS 49.9 with tower. I believe I went over the 50 mark on occasion, just don't recall.

You were probably going downhill. :)

3event
01-03-2008, 04:23 PM
After reading reading threads about motors, trannys, props, including the WOT/Speed/RPM one, it seems safe to assume ........ that you can NOT assume what the WOT performance of any particular combination will be. IMHO you can get lucky on a setup , or not.

Are these boats really that dialed in, or are there enough possible variables to account for some/most of the range in reported performance????

Andyg
01-03-2008, 06:22 PM
I had the 07 and I now have an 08 with the LY6 and neither of them ever got over 49mph. That is with multiple different props also. The 07 hit 48.5mph per gps and the 08 is about 47.5 per gps. The perfect pass speedo is not accurate above 40 mph on my boat.

Kweisner
12-08-2013, 05:56 PM
I think they look terrific, but I have to admit to ownership bias.

JohnE
12-08-2013, 07:25 PM
Not sure why this thread is bumped after 5 years?

scott023
12-08-2013, 09:22 PM
Not sure why this thread is bumped after 5 years?

That had been happening a fair bit on here lately...

clrussell
12-08-2013, 09:32 PM
That had been happening a fair bit on here lately...

Exactly what I was thinking

scott023
12-08-2013, 10:54 PM
Exactly what I was thinking

Today strad guy had done it a few times.

Kweisner
12-09-2013, 08:20 AM
I can claim responsibility for this one. I recently put Tapatalk on my iPad and found that when I first come to the forum, instead of displaying "New Posts" or a general listing, it's displaying something called "Picks." I guess these are threads that are (a) random, or (b) use keywords from my own activity to find similar threads. At any rate, I saw this post about the 2007 TT boats and responded-only to later realize how old the thread was.

scott023
12-09-2013, 09:08 AM
Well, that makes sense to me.

JohnE
12-09-2013, 09:31 AM
I can claim responsibility for this one. I recently put Tapatalk on my iPad and found that when I first come to the forum, instead of displaying "New Posts" or a general listing, it's displaying something called "Picks." I guess these are threads that are (a) random, or (b) use keywords from my own activity to find similar threads. At any rate, I saw this post about the 2007 TT boats and responded-only to later realize how old the thread was.

That explains it. :cool: