PDA

View Full Version : Bigairpylons

Rallyspitman
12-31-2007, 12:28 PM
Anyone got any experience of the H2o tower from bigairpylons.com. At $795 it loks like a pretty good deal, But I'm worried about shakes and rattles.....

http://www.bigairpylons.com/Tower.htm

Also, anyone know what size rubber exhaust flaps I need on my 1991 PS 190 351. I'm visiting the London boat show next week and the boat is '000's of miles away!
3", 4", 5" etc....
Thanks!!

chevy08bud
12-31-2007, 02:11 PM
I have a Big Air Tower on my 205 and it works great. No rattles, or shakes, just a solid product. Was skeptical at first about all the pins and bolts, but it came with the boat, so I wasn't going to complain. After having it for almost a year now, I'd say that I'm very satisfied with it.

T Scott
12-31-2007, 05:55 PM
I installed one on my old 205V. Pretty simple installation that I did myself in about 4 hours. I thought the tower looked good and mine did not rattle at all. Good value for the money.

JLeuck64
12-31-2007, 08:44 PM
I helped a buddy install one of those on his 81 Nautique last summer. He bought a powder coated model.

It was a tough install and I believe it was due to the fact that his boat is quite a bit more narrow than what you would be installing one on. The powder coating will get scratched during install if you are not real careful! I would not bother using the supplied drill bits either. A set of titanium nitride drill bits worked much better for us.

The tower works well once it is up, no noise either.

Rallyspitman
01-01-2008, 01:53 PM
Thanks for the great feedback...Might take the plunge so to speak!