PDA

View Full Version : Chamois question

milkmania
12-29-2007, 03:48 PM
I need one!

which one:confused:

I've got some "supershammies" made from super absorbant rayon, but they're shredding AND shedding:(

BrianM
12-29-2007, 03:51 PM
I use the Absorber. https://www.cleantools.net/WebSite/inner.aspx?pg=../productDesc.aspx?pid=3&desc=../website/htm/the_absorber.htm
They work really well and hold up great. Should be able to find them at the local auto parts place or Wally World.

damaged442
12-29-2007, 03:56 PM
I second the Absorber. I use it on four vehicles and the boat. It's held up much better than any other chamois that I've ever used.

cdstukey
12-29-2007, 04:25 PM
I use the Absorber.

Same here, they work really well and last a really long time (one of mine has to be at least 5 years old). And I like that you just roll em up, put them back in their tube, and throw back in the boat to store for next time.

TMCNo1
12-29-2007, 08:19 PM
Borrowed motel towels is the only way to go!

JEREMY79
12-30-2007, 12:33 AM
another absorber vote

JEREMY79
12-30-2007, 12:33 AM
another absorber vote

atlfootr
12-30-2007, 01:37 AM
I need one!
which one:confused:

I've got some "supershammies" made from super absorbant rayon, but they're shredding AND shedding:(

milk,

Sorry that we all can't be like TMCNo1:(
Anyhow, thanks for tell'n me which one NOT TO BUY :D

I already have a few of these absorber's and yes, they are as good as these guy's say.
http://www.autobarn.net/absydrch27x1.html

So I third that ... like my avatar states.

wakolman
12-30-2007, 10:27 AM
Absorber. Throw it in the washing machine if it gets dirty after prolonged use, good as new.

milkmania
12-30-2007, 10:47 AM
Borrowed motel towels is the only way to go!
my Hilton towels finally gave up after 13 years:cool:

and for some reason, I still have my towels from July 21st, 1984, although they don't mean anything to me anymore:cry:

Monte
12-30-2007, 10:56 AM
saw this one on TV last night...

http://www.simplygoodstuff.com/super_shammies.htm?gclid=COK9pN6u0JACFQ6CPAoddBzuV w

TMCNo1
12-30-2007, 11:48 AM
my Hilton towels finally gave up after 13 years:cool:

and for some reason, I still have my towels from July 21st, 1984, although they don't mean anything to me anymore:cry:

I always carry towels for vehicle clean-up wherever we go and I always take the older ones and trade them in to houskeeping for some newer nice fluffy ones from the towel rack, if ya know what I mean. Big ones, for drying the vehicle finish, handtowels for door jambs and detailing and the washclothes for wheels, dash, wax and protectant application. I have some, 15+ years old, cause I can't turn in Holiday Inn towels to Best Western, so they untimately become oil change towels/rags.

wakolman
12-30-2007, 02:05 PM
I always carry towels for vehicle clean-up wherever we go and I always take the older ones and trade them in to houskeeping for some newer nice fluffy ones from the towel rack, if ya know what I mean. Big ones, for drying the vehicle finish, handtowels for door jambs and detailing and the washclothes for wheels, dash, wax and protectant application. I have some, 15+ years old, cause I can't turn in Holiday Inn towels to Best Western, so they untimately become oil change towels/rags.

I always wondered why the hotels felt that they needed a placard in the room telling me that any missing towels were going to be billed to my at $10 each. I always wondered "who in the hell would steal towels".

No I know.;)

milkmania
12-30-2007, 02:30 PM
oh man!!!!

just went and bought 2 Absorbers....
one pink for windows (inerior & exterior)
one yellow for exterior finish

amazing towels:headbang:

but, I noticed when I opened them, they have moisture in the cellophane wrapper...
do I store the towels in the tube DRY or DAMP?
no instructions for that:(

BrianM
12-30-2007, 03:23 PM
Just wring them out good and put them in the tube. So I guess that means damp. If you let them dry completely they get as stiff as cardboard.

TMCNo1
12-30-2007, 04:33 PM
oh man!!!!

just went and bought 2 Absorbers....
one pink for windows (inerior & exterior)
one yellow for exterior finish

amazing towels:headbang:

but, I noticed when I opened them, they have moisture in the cellophane wrapper...
do I store the towels in the tube DRY or DAMP?
no instructions for that:(

They are preconditioned, damp and ready to use, but back in the day, they had to be soaked in a bucket of water for several days before you could even use them for the 1st time.:)

cbryan70
12-30-2007, 04:36 PM
Yes the yneed to be damn if they are dry like said they will be hard and wont absorb anything

TMCNo1
12-30-2007, 05:14 PM
Yes the yneed to be damn if they are dry like said they will be hard and wont absorb anything

I think every chamois I have ever tried to use was damned!:D

Lennyp04
12-30-2007, 05:14 PM
Never store dry! They will get ruined that way! Just ring the excess water out and then stick that bugger in that narrow tube!

TMCNo1
12-30-2007, 05:20 PM
saw this one on TV last night...

http://www.simplygoodstuff.com/super_shammies.htm?gclid=COK9pN6u0JACFQ6CPAoddBzuV w

But wait, there is more! For the first 100 callers, you get a set of Ginsu Knives absolutely FREE while they last! Operators are standing by!:D

atlfootr
12-30-2007, 06:53 PM
Hey everybody!
WATCH OUT for this guy, he's ALWAYS SELLING something :rolleyes:
He even may be filled w/ some of my avatar.

But wait, there is more!
For the first 100 callers, you get a set of Ginsu Knives absolutely FREE while they last!
Operators are standing by!:D

atlfootr
12-30-2007, 08:54 PM
milk,

I already have a few of these absorber's and yes, they are as good as these guy's say.
So I third that ... like my avatar states.

Now arn't you glad, you listened to us :D
Enjoy your new rags ....