PDA

View Full Version : YES! Getting rid of minivan! WOOHOO!

swchopper
12-29-2007, 09:48 AM
Just put $$$ down for new tow vehicle. I ordered an '08 Toyota Sequoia. I guess I didn't really order, but put money down on next one coming into dealership in about a week. Wife will drive so we can ditch the minivan:woohoo:
Limited edition, Slate Metallic Exterior (wish it was white so it would match my red/white X-star, but for tax deduction purposes, had to take next vehicle coming in before 12/31) Gray Interior. Big 5.7L engine. something like 470 HP, 500 torque. Can't wait. All reviews rave about these.

BrianM
12-29-2007, 12:23 PM
381hp and 401 ft lbs but whose counting. :rolleyes: I hope you didn't buy it because your salesman told you it had the numbers you gave. ;) Ought to tow that X boat just fine anyway. :cool:

duckguy
12-29-2007, 12:46 PM
Nice choice-Brian how do you like your Avalanche? I really like the looks of the new body style. My dealer has a 07 demo LTZ with nav/ dvd and the 6.0 that i have been lookin at.

BrianM
12-29-2007, 04:50 PM
Nice choice-Brian how do you like your Avalanche? I really like the looks of the new body style. My dealer has a 07 demo LTZ with nav/ dvd and the 6.0 that i have been lookin at.
Buy it you won't regret it. I absolutely love mine.

I have had a handfull of small warranty issues with it but that has not made me like it any less. I have one of the very first '07s off of the production line. With a totally new truck you are bound to have a few issues as one of the very first. Oh well. I was driving mine for months before I saw another one on the road.

I have the 5.3 and feel it has plenty of umph. That 6 liter will be even better. I probably would have gotten it if it was available when I purchased but that engine was a late '07 introduction.

The LTZ Autoride suspension is great. Really nice ride and road manners.

swchopper
12-30-2007, 04:43 PM
Duh! to defend myself, I do have a bad head cold this weekend! I was only 100 hp and ft lbs off. Man, thats sad! I promise, I really do know it doesn't have 470 HP and 500 ft lbs. Wow, either typing too fast, or thinking of the Vette Z06 I really wanted!
Along those lines, my 8.1L X-star must have 550 HP, anybody elses? :huh:

Workin' 4 Toys
12-31-2007, 09:30 AM
I ordered an '08 Toyota.
Sorry to hear that. Better luck next time.