PDA

View Full Version : Santa came a little early :D....Sneak Peak!

skeeler
12-24-2007, 10:45 AM
Well, the new boat came in a few weeks ago. So I need to get cracken on it to have it done by the first boat show January 11th. Worked on it most of the day Saturday. Can't wait for you guys to see the finished product. Going to be one of a kind for sure! Have a good Christmas all!!

coz
12-24-2007, 11:02 AM
Well, the new boat came in a few weeks ago. So I need to get cracken on it to have it done by the first boat show January 11th. Worked on it most of the day Saturday. Can't wait for you guys to see the finished product. Going to be one of a kind for sure! Have a good Christmas all!!

If you can't wait for us to see it then don't, show your stuff.

Covi
12-24-2007, 11:18 AM
I agree. What's the deal. Take that cover off NOW!!!!

CottagerGreg
12-24-2007, 11:22 AM
yes... congrats!! Let's see it with the cover off... keep the stereo and customization as a suprise!

T Scott
12-24-2007, 11:46 AM
I thought it was going to be a pic of your wife in some cute little santa outfit! Oh well !!

KnoxX2
12-24-2007, 11:48 AM
Got a X-Star this time!

skeeler
12-24-2007, 11:57 AM
Here is the before shot. Just because everyone is in such a good Christmas mood. :confused:

KnoxX2
12-24-2007, 11:58 AM
Sweet ride.
What's on the list for up grades?

Farmer Ted
12-24-2007, 12:03 PM
sounds like somebody got a wrap for christmas?

coz
12-24-2007, 12:16 PM
Here is the before shot. Just because everyone is in such a good Christmas mood. :confused:

Happy Holidays! Nice ride, man they sure are getting trick with all the steps in the hull, awsome and I'm sure you'll enjoy.

JoshBuzz
12-24-2007, 12:17 PM
Don't ruin it Ted!!!

lol!

JoshBuzz
12-24-2007, 12:18 PM
Shh!! Don't ruin it Tim!!

skeeler
12-24-2007, 12:25 PM
Shh!! Don't ruin it Tim!!.
No worries...won't ruin it at all. Here's another shot after a little four hours of prep work. :D Still have another couple of weeks of work left on it. Leds, stereo, and some signage.

Trent 197
12-24-2007, 12:34 PM
Dude, that is sick!

ski_king
12-24-2007, 12:47 PM
Looking forward to seeing the finished product.

Too bad you couldn't have gtten the boat from MC without the standard graphics and saved you some time and $$.

skeeler
12-24-2007, 01:35 PM
Looking forward to seeing the finished product.

Too bad you couldn't have gtten the boat from MC without the standard graphics and saved you some time and $$.
It actually wasn't that bad. Once you heated them up, they came off pretty easy. You are correct, would have been easier to order it without them, but it wasn't really an option. I built the boat with the dealer with the options I wanted, but it was contingent on getting rid of my other one. So it did have to be sellable if I didn't take it. So it all worked out!

Mikey
12-24-2007, 01:41 PM
Dont hold out, we all know you are getting the Rusty Malinoski signature wrap.:D

JoshBuzz
12-24-2007, 01:47 PM
I have a feeling Skeelers wrap is going to be just as sweet as Rusty's!! Skeeler, when you come down in the spring you better bring your boat!! If not we'll just have to take the 40th anniversary X-Star or something

:D

SkiDog
12-24-2007, 02:04 PM
Did you sell the other boat? Ya know, you're the reason I bought a X-2!
Damn you! I ain't buying an X-star now.:D Hell, I haven't even L.E.D.'ed the new boat yet! I also still got a Fosgate amp for the tower speakers I haven't installed either. Damn, I'm slack!:D

Sodar
12-24-2007, 02:11 PM
Sweet Boat! You did well on the colors! Are you still planning on a full wrap, or just some big decals?

JohnE
12-24-2007, 02:13 PM
Did you sell the other boat? Ya know, you're the reason I bought a X-2!
Damn you! I ain't buying an X-star now.:D Hell, I haven't even L.E.D.'ed the new boat yet! I also still got a Fosgate amp for the tower speakers I haven't installed either. Damn, I'm slack!:D

And you could have saved youself a few $$$'s and just waited for his boat.8p

skeeler
12-24-2007, 02:15 PM
Yep, the other one is gone. Sold it right before Thanksgiving. Well, I won't totally give it away yet, but it is a complete wrap. The only one that of it's kind so far. Should be pretty cool.

Farmer Ted
12-24-2007, 02:24 PM
Yep, the other one is gone. Sold it right before Thanksgiving. Well, I won't totally give it away yet, but it is a complete wrap. The only one that of it's kind so far. Should be pretty cool.

are you doing the install or having it done?

skeeler
12-24-2007, 02:44 PM
Nope, I have someone coming out to install it on the 8th.
are you doing the install or having it done?

Farmer Ted
12-24-2007, 02:59 PM
Nope, I have someone coming out to install it on the 8th.

I think that kind of stuff is what I'm going to do when I grow up.............or at least retire from the Air Force

RexDog1
12-24-2007, 04:05 PM
:eek3: :banana: OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:banana: :eek3:

Someone has been VERY good Boy!!!!

Congrats!!!!

skeeler
12-28-2007, 11:21 AM
I will let the cat part way out of the bag. :D This is what it will look like, at least on paper. I had them customize it, so it will look a little different and have our shop's logo in it. 10 days and counting! :D

sand2snow22
12-28-2007, 11:32 AM
Looks good on paper. Best wrap I have seen!!

endl
12-28-2007, 11:43 AM
HS...........thats sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My buddy does that wrap stuff for advertising on company vehicles and he has his Excursion done and its really cool.

Thats really cool. What kind of sound system are you putting in?

skeeler
12-28-2007, 11:54 AM
Thanks! I love the back of the wrap since it has our logos in it. I would post a pic, but it is a pretty small proof. For the stereo I have planned three Alpine PDX amplifiers, and two Alpine Type R subwoofers. I am focusing right now on getting the boat put together, the wrap prep, leds, and the sub boxes installed. First boat show is on Jan 11th. :confused: Probably focus on the rest of the stereo and the amp rack then for the next show and the start of the season.
HS...........thats sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My buddy does that wrap stuff for advertising on company vehicles and he has his Excursion done and its really cool.

Thats really cool. What kind of sound system are you putting in?

endl
12-28-2007, 12:02 PM
What kind of speakers?

skeeler
12-28-2007, 12:18 PM
Factory JLs at the moment, but that may change. Working on that deal. :D
What kind of speakers?

Kyle's_prostar205
12-28-2007, 12:45 PM
Awesome looking boat Skeeler!!! Happy New Year!!!

Prostar Rich
12-28-2007, 02:36 PM
Love the wrap. Looking forward to seeing the final pics.

Prostar Rich

CottagerGreg
12-28-2007, 02:45 PM
looks impressive!

swchopper
12-29-2007, 08:36 AM
Sick boat skeeler. Cant wait to see finished product. Im new to the forum, so give me the quick run down on skeeler. Obviously some type of shop owner, but whats his story? I have seen his other boat, and always has a primo setup. It was a pic he posted of a red/white X-star that prompted me to start modding my red x-star. Its a winter project!

ProTour X9
12-29-2007, 04:35 PM
I'd like to see that boat w/o a tower!

skeeler
12-30-2007, 03:10 PM
Nope, not a shop owner, just your average guy. I just have a very good relationship with my dealer. If I can inspire at least one person to cut holes and modify their brand new $60k+ boats, then it was all worth it. :D
Sick boat skeeler. Cant wait to see finished product. Im new to the forum, so give me the quick run down on skeeler. Obviously some type of shop owner, but whats his story? I have seen his other boat, and always has a primo setup. It was a pic he posted of a red/white X-star that prompted me to start modding my red x-star. Its a winter project!

Kaser
12-31-2007, 03:00 AM
Nope, not a shop owner, just your average guy. I just have a very good relationship with my dealer. If I can inspire at least one person to cut holes and modify their brand new $60k+ boats, then it was all worth it. :D
I just sunk my 60k+ boat because i was inspired to cut holes in it...

totally worth it!! :D

on a serious note, that's a great looking boat! :D

skeeler
01-08-2008, 06:04 PM
Just finished it about two hours ago. I will have a few better shots after the boat show this weekend.

skeeler
01-08-2008, 06:05 PM
Another.....

skeeler
01-08-2008, 06:06 PM
Another....

skeeler
01-08-2008, 06:07 PM
One more...

Kyle's_prostar205
01-08-2008, 06:13 PM
That looks awesome Skeeler! Congrats on an awesome looking boat!

pq2
01-08-2008, 06:56 PM
congratulations Skeeler super cool boat

CottagerGreg
01-08-2008, 07:52 PM
Impressive! Can;t wait to see pics on the water!

skeeler
01-13-2008, 01:15 PM
Shot form yesterday's boat show. Turned out pretty good.

Trent 197
01-13-2008, 01:31 PM
That's sick! Congrats.

Knox's_Better_half
01-13-2008, 01:50 PM
What a beautiful boat

Ric
01-13-2008, 03:37 PM
I have a feeling Skeelers wrap is going to be just as sweet as Rusty's!! Skeeler, when you come down in the spring you better bring your boat!! If not we'll just have to take the 40th anniversary X-Star or something

:D so how many boats do you have Joshie?

trickskier
01-13-2008, 05:35 PM
Sweet Looking X-Star Skeeler!!! Congratulations!!! :D

Yellow X9
01-13-2008, 08:45 PM
Very nice job on the new boat

CottagerGreg
01-13-2008, 09:40 PM
Looks hot!! Congrats!

x-10ron
01-13-2008, 10:34 PM
sweet!!!! Did you add the lights under the transom, or did they come from the factory?

CottagerGreg
01-13-2008, 11:03 PM
Transom lights are a factory option in 2008. They are LED too for long life..

MSRP is about $600 or so.. so a good deal considering what your getting..

purely a item for show.... kinda cool though

CarlosCabanas
01-13-2008, 11:08 PM
Skeeler

Can you show us some more pics of the lines in the hull. I'm kinda far from a dealer here to check out this year's model!!

Carlos

JoshBuzz
01-14-2008, 03:18 AM
I was wondering where you've been Carlos, hadn't heard from you in a while!!

I was just curious if Belize would be a cool place for a bunch of college kids to go to spring break?? I know I wouldn't take all my friends to Trinidad, where I used to live, cause it's not a huge party atmosphere, it's more chill. We're looking for a place to go for 4 nights, five days, all inclusive, to just party and hang out with some good looking ladies!! We'd like to keep the whole trip under 600 dollars, and airfare runs about 225 after tax. any suggestions??

tr6coug
01-14-2008, 03:59 AM
Skeeler, well done. You stepped up to the plate and hit a homer. Lets see the interior lights.

KnoxX2
01-14-2008, 07:04 AM
Skeeler...........SWEET X-STAR.
I was wondering, what did that set you back?

That is one sick boat.

Ric
01-14-2008, 09:45 AM
Shot form yesterday's boat show. Turned out pretty good. looking good! I am anxious to see some in water pics too.

You are crazy enough to wrap it, are you crazy enough to do the tower in black? Might look even better.

skeeler
01-14-2008, 11:09 AM
Thanks guys! Boat show went very well. Actually we have a few people interested in it. So we will see what happens. :confused: I have one more boat show to make it thru, and then I get to take it home. No bid deal, if sells, I know where to get another one. :D The old sang applies here, "Everything is for sale!"
Transom lights are factory installed, but burned out after the first day at the show. :mad: Going to have to look into that!
As far as price, lets just say I'll pay more than the last one for it. :D
Almost forgot, I will have a few pics of the interior leds I did shortly. They didn't show up very well with all that light in there.

JoshBuzz
01-14-2008, 06:52 PM
Hey Skeel,

what are you up to in March?? That's when our spring break is, and we were thinking about taking a road trip around some southern states, possibly into Orlando to do some shredding and hanging, and I'd love to put Nebraska on the list!!

east tx skier
01-14-2008, 07:51 PM
Hey Skeel,

what are you up to in March?? That's when our spring break is, and we were thinking about taking a road trip around some southern states, possibly into Orlando to do some shredding and hanging, and I'd love to put Nebraska on the list!!

Omaha is practically next door to Orlando.

JoshBuzz
01-15-2008, 02:59 AM
Meh, if we make the trip we're riding three days, once in orlando, once in Nebraska possibly, and once in Dallas. It's just an idea, doesn't look like it's going to happen, everyone else wants to go to Mexico, I just wanna wakeboard!!

TX.X-30 fan
01-15-2008, 08:23 AM
Omaha is practically next door to Orlando.

Where is Marlin Perkins????

skeeler
01-15-2008, 10:17 AM
Where is Marlin Perkins????
Not sure, I will ask my sister, she works at Mutual. :D
Josh, heading towards the south at the end of March early April maybe. San Antonio again.

east tx skier
01-15-2008, 10:20 AM

Josh, heading towards the south at the end of March early April maybe. San Antonio again.

Skeeler, what are your March temps like in Nebraska?

Ric
01-15-2008, 10:40 AM
Skeeler, what are your March temps like in Nebraska? I'd venture to say that josh wont be seeing any of those skeeler bikinis in Omaha in March!

tex
01-15-2008, 10:44 AM
Not sure, I will ask my sister, she works at Mutual. :D
You got a place to stay as you roll through the Metroplex!

east tx skier
01-15-2008, 10:48 AM
I'm just surprised they're not going to squeeze in a set with Pendo or Sizzler while they're at it. Just a hop, skip, and a jump relative to how big the universe is.

But seriously, Josh. If you guys are somewhere in that triangle, I'd make a stop in Vonore for the tour.

RexDog1
01-15-2008, 10:57 AM
I am not a big fan of wraps:rolleyes: IMO gel coat looks better ..well I was wrong,:D Skeeler the boat looks killer, nice job!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool:

Ric
01-15-2008, 11:29 AM
I'm just surprised they're not going to squeeze in a set with Pendo or Sizzler while they're at it. Just a hop, skip, and a jump relative to how big the universe is.

But seriously, Josh. If you guys are somewhere in that triangle, I'd make a stop in Vonore for the tour. are you crazy? East Tennessee would be way too far out of the way for that trip.

skeeler
01-15-2008, 11:58 AM
Never even thought of it, but I will have to look up our fellow MC friend in Mexico when we are down there. Heading to Cancun in a couple of weeks. .
Won't be hitting the water to much in March up here. No bikinis either, unless you happen to stay at the same resort in Cancun with us. Thats why we will heading down south in March. I need to plan a point of interest map for the way down so I can stop and see all of you guys on the way down, and use up some of your gas. :D

Kyle's_prostar205
01-15-2008, 12:30 PM
Hey Skeeler!

Love how the boat turned out! I was at a birthday dinner last night and I was talking to Scott Barone about your boat. He wanted me to tell you hi when I talked to you next! Hit me up on a "pm"..I want to talk toy ou about your wrap on the boat! Hope all is well!

Kyle

skeeler
01-15-2008, 12:38 PM
Hey Skeeler!

Love how the boat turned out! I was at a birthday dinner last night and I was talking to Scott Barone about your boat. He wanted me to tell you hi when I talked to you next! Hit me up on a "pm"..I want to talk toy ou about your wrap on the boat! Hope all is well!

Kyle
Thanks! Scotty is a good guy, enjoyed catching up with him. PM sent.

pq2
01-15-2008, 06:34 PM
Great Skeeler, let me know with some time when are you coming that way I can ask a friend for his wakeboard boat.

SkiDog
01-15-2008, 06:56 PM
Never even thought of it, but I will have to look up our fellow MC friend in Mexico when we are down there. Heading to Cancun in a couple of weeks. .
Won't be hitting the water to much in March up here. No bikinis either, unless you happen to stay at the same resort in Cancun with us. Thats why we will heading down south in March. I need to plan a point of interest map for the way down so I can stop and see all of you guys on the way down, and use up some of your gas. :D

I guess you & the wife head down there about every year, don't ya;ll? I haven't been in years, but hey, with all the imigrants here, who needs to go!:D :D

TMCNo1
01-15-2008, 07:22 PM
I guess you & the wife head down there about every year, don't ya;ll? I haven't been in years, but hey, with all the imigrants here, who needs to go!:D :D

We just spend a week every year among the tropical plants, tents, garden equipment, lounge chairs and grills at the local Wal-Mart!:rolleyes: :D

JoshBuzz
01-15-2008, 08:14 PM

good deal good deal, gimme a date when y'all are coming down, I'll get the CSX and we'll take it out!!

Doesn't look like I'm doin anything for spring break, t cost to much to go to Mexico for me!!

CarlosCabanas
01-15-2008, 08:38 PM
I was wondering where you've been Carlos, hadn't heard from you in a while!!

I was just curious if Belize would be a cool place for a bunch of college kids to go to spring break?? I know I wouldn't take all my friends to Trinidad, where I used to live, cause it's not a huge party atmosphere, it's more chill. We're looking for a place to go for 4 nights, five days, all inclusive, to just party and hang out with some good looking ladies!! We'd like to keep the whole trip under 600 dollars, and airfare runs about 225 after tax. any suggestions??

Hey Josh

Honestly I would suggest Cancun. You can hook up with PQ2. Belize is generally an older crowd and there arn't any all inclusive hotels here. Not trying to push you away... just honest.

Carlos

RLService
01-16-2008, 12:17 PM
Hey Skeeler... Can't wait to see some pics of the interior LED's

skeeler
02-03-2008, 02:26 PM
I got a good portion of the sub box done today. Just need to add the plexi. Then on to the amp rack and monitor.

skeeler
02-03-2008, 02:27 PM
Shot with the leds on.

JoshBuzz
02-03-2008, 05:35 PM
Shawn, where are you mountin the box?? And when are you comin through the south!?!

Sodar
02-04-2008, 09:56 AM
Skeeler, is that carpet factor carpet? It looks like it matches quite close...

skeeler
02-04-2008, 10:25 AM
It is the factory carpet. So it matches really well! :D
Josh, should be heading that way towards the end of April / first part of May. I'll keep you posted.
The box is going in the factory X-Starr sub location. Doing something similar to what I did in my old X-2. Slapping a grill on the front and having the subs port thru into the cabin area.

Sodar
02-04-2008, 10:30 AM
It is the factory carpet. So it matches really well! :D
Josh, should be heading that way towards the end of April / first part of May. I'll keep you posted.
The box is going in the factory X-Starr sub location. Doing something similar to what I did in my old X-2. Slapping a grill on the front and having the subs port thru into the cabin area.
Even though you are connected tightly with the your dealer, was the factory carpet hard to come by?

erkoehler
02-04-2008, 10:42 AM
Even though you are connected tightly with the your dealer, was the factory carpet hard to come by?

How much do you need?

skeeler
02-04-2008, 10:49 AM
I just told the dealer, of course I am friends with them, to order a whole roll to have on hand. But really, it is pretty easy to get.

Sodar
02-04-2008, 10:53 AM
How much do you need?

Enough to cover two boxes like this:

I am not going to upgrade the stereo until next year, but I want to make sure I have something to cover the boxes when the time comes.

erkoehler
02-04-2008, 10:57 AM
I can help you out with that, we have a roll at the shop.

CottagerGreg
02-04-2008, 08:33 PM
Skeeler- So venting through the factory "sub grill" would provide good sound? I have a box now that I think would fit.. with 2 10" treo's ..

I am assuming it's thump much better than the factory free air JL sub.

skeeler
02-04-2008, 08:58 PM
Skeeler- So venting through the factory "sub grill" would provide good sound? I have a box now that I think would fit.. with 2 10" treo's ..

I am assuming it's thump much better than the factory free air JL sub.
I did the same thing my last one (07 X-2), and have done it on a few other X-2's. Sounds very good. I remove the factory sub and grill of course, and replace it with a new grill. I will post a few pics of the sub box install for reference when I get to it put in.

CottagerGreg
02-04-2008, 09:03 PM
Can't wait to see it! I don't get my X-star until the end of April... pumped about it..

Do you know how many watts RMS are given to the factory JL sub?

I know the X-star comes with a 6 channel (6 factory interior speakers) Second amp for the sub and one pair of tower speakers?

skeeler
02-05-2008, 08:57 AM
Can't wait to see it! I don't get my X-star until the end of April... pumped about it..

Do you know how many watts RMS are given to the factory JL sub?

I know the X-star comes with a 6 channel (6 factory interior speakers) Second amp for the sub and one pair of tower speakers?
The '08 X-Star comes with two m6450 amplifiers. Here are the specs;

Rated Power 12.5 V Stereo: 45W RMS x 6 @ 4 ohm 75W RMS x 6 @ 2 ohm
Rated Power 12.5 V Bridged: 90W RMS x 3 @ 8 ohm 150W RMS x 3 @ 4 ohm
Rated Power 14.5 V Stereo: 70 W RMS x 6 @ 4 ohm 110 W RMS x 6 @ 2 ohm
Rated Power 14.5 V Bridged : 140 W RMS x 3 @ 8 ohm 220 W RMS x 3 @ 4 ohm

rspiecha
02-05-2008, 04:15 PM
JL has recently changed it power ratings to compete with other amp manufacturers. Here is the link to the 2008 JL specs. http://marine.jlaudio.com/jlaudio_pages.php?page_id=59

Rob

skeeler
02-05-2008, 04:48 PM
JL has recently changed it power ratings to compete with other amp manufacturers. Here is the link to the 2008 JL specs. http://marine.jlaudio.com/jlaudio_pages.php?page_id=59

Rob
I like that 700 watt mono block, to bad that thing wasn't available now. Going to have some nice pieces for '08.

VOLFAN
02-05-2008, 07:03 PM
Very nice boat!

CottagerGreg
02-05-2008, 09:10 PM
THanks for the info!

Love to see that setup when it's finished! Plus you've got to get pics of the boat in the water!! Just not the same on the trailer.. doesn't cut it..

skeeler
04-06-2008, 09:50 AM
Added some 110 power over the weekend. As well as the game port.

skeeler
04-06-2008, 09:51 AM
Another shot.

TX.X-30 fan
04-06-2008, 10:58 AM
Nice Skeeler, can anyone say Margarita!!!!

CottagerGreg
04-06-2008, 02:57 PM
Looks good! I am sure the outlet will come in handy!

Do you have an inverter connected to the back of it? How many amps will it handle?

be neat if you could brew a cup of coffee or fire up the George Foreman grill!

JohnE
04-06-2008, 05:48 PM
:D I wouldn't have much use for a coffee on the boat, but sign me up for a margarita!

TMCNo1
04-06-2008, 06:38 PM
If you hook a 110v battery charger to it and charge the batteries and............................................... .....?:rolleyes:

skeeler
04-06-2008, 06:54 PM
Looks good! I am sure the outlet will come in handy!

Do you have an inverter connected to the back of it? How many amps will it handle?

be neat if you could brew a cup of coffee or fire up the George Foreman grill!
Yep, inverter is pictured here, 600 watt unit.

trickskier
04-06-2008, 07:00 PM
Very CLEAN install Skeeler!!! GREAT JOB!!! :D

TheOneandOnly
04-06-2008, 07:24 PM
sweet setup, looks as if it will accomidate 5A being 600w at a typical 120vac