PDA

View Full Version : Hot Tub Baby ....

atlfootr
12-23-2007, 10:56 PM
Our "Hot Tub" is offically up 'n runn'n :rolleyes:

It's shell has only been sitt'n out back for nearly 2 years and now we've finally got around to sett'n it up:)

I just re-piped some of the plumbing, adding both shut off and drain values a few hrs ago.
Set the temp on high and now the H2o is nearly ready to jump up into.

Man, I can feel it now .... Can't wait :D

ICE COLD MICKEYS IN BOTH HANDS

Hot Tub Baby ... That's what I'm talk'n about
GOTTA :love: IT

Pic's tomorrow.

TMCNo1
12-23-2007, 11:28 PM
I thought this thread was going to be about a newborn child that was conceived in a hot tube! http://www.gottadeal.com/forums/images/smilies/sidesplit.gif
Time to go to bed now!

bucky
12-24-2007, 12:29 AM
The only problem with getting it set up is, now you'll be kicking yourself for not doing this 2 years ago. Congrats!:toast:

mccobmd
12-24-2007, 12:34 AM
My hot tub is the second best purchase I ever made, My X1 being the first of course, I enjoyed 20 minutes at 103 degrees this evening under the full moon. Hope you enjoy as much as I do.

phecksel
12-24-2007, 06:25 AM
lower the temps and you'll be able to stay in it longer. This time of year we are at 101 and not unheard of to be in it for 60 minutes

hot tub only suits, never washed with soap...or even better au natural

tri chlor only, tried all the rest, that seems to be easiest on the skin.

SkiDog
12-24-2007, 08:38 AM
Man, I could tell you some Hot Tub stories! But I better leave that for the DARK SIDE!:D

Chas
12-24-2007, 08:56 AM
tri chlor only, tried all the rest, that seems to be easiest on the skin.

Actually, Tri-Chlor tablets are not recommended in tubs - at least not plastic tubs which are kept hot and covered with an insulated cover. They are far too aggressive and they also tend to make you chase the pH. In fact it will void the warranty on most new tubs, and cover manufacturers frown on it as well. If you have a concrete/plaster tub with no cover they are fine.

Having sold and serviced these wonderful things for 21 years now, I suggest Dichlor. It is a powder, and you can add anywhere from a teaspoon to a tablespoon each time you use the tub - as you are getting out. Run the jets with the lid open for ten minutes, and then close it up.

That keeps the water clean clear and safe, and results in hardly any chlorine odor at all as most of the chlorine will be gone the next day when you come out to use the tub again. If you skip four or five days of use, you should toss some in anyway.

Here is a web board where you can find more info if you would like - say hello if you drop by, I'm one of the mods...

http://www.poolspaforum.com/forum/index.php?showforum=7

lanier92prostar
12-24-2007, 10:13 AM
You beat me by 3 years!! We brought ours to our new house when we moved. It sat in the backyard for almost 5 years covered up. I finally got around to hooking it up last March and after about 200 dollars in parts, it worked like new. Have a merry Christmas in your new Hot Tub!

shepherd
12-24-2007, 11:05 AM
I got a new hot tub for my birthday last month. It is sweet, especially after a tough day on the lake!

Enjoy it footr!

Mikey
12-24-2007, 11:28 AM
I thought this thread was going to be about a newborn child that was conceived in a hot tube! http://www.gottadeal.com/forums/images/smilies/sidesplit.gif
Time to go to bed now!

:uglyhamme You kill me Harold, you kill me. I too was expecting something completely different after reading the title.:)

TMCNo1
12-24-2007, 02:34 PM
:uglyhamme You kill me Harold, you kill me. I too was expecting something completely different after reading the title.:)

I just love these, "sneak up on ya threads"!!!!!!!!!!!:D

atlfootr
12-24-2007, 06:34 PM
OK Harold, I'll keep post'n more threads like these ...
Just 'fer ya :rolleyes:

Lennyp04
12-24-2007, 07:08 PM
Now ya'll be careful, ya heard!

Just kidding. Enojy that beer in that relaxation mode tonight.

Merry Christmas my friend.

atlfootr
12-25-2007, 12:35 PM
Our "Hot Tub" is offically up 'n runn'n :rolleyes:

Hot Tub Baby ... That's what I'm talk'n about
GOTTA :love: IT

Here are the pic's ...

atlfootr
12-25-2007, 12:37 PM
from above

phecksel
12-25-2007, 07:43 PM
Actually, Tri-Chlor tablets are not recommended in tubs - at least not plastic tubs which are kept hot and covered with an insulated cover. They are far too aggressive and they also tend to make you chase the pH. In fact it will void the warranty on most new tubs, and cover manufacturers frown on it as well. If you have a concrete/plaster tub with no cover they are fine.

Having sold and serviced these wonderful things for 21 years now, I suggest Dichlor. It is a powder, and you can add anywhere from a teaspoon to a tablespoon each time you use the tub - as you are getting out. Run the jets with the lid open for ten minutes, and then close it up.

That keeps the water clean clear and safe, and results in hardly any chlorine odor at all as most of the chlorine will be gone the next day when you come out to use the tub again. If you skip four or five days of use, you should toss some in anyway.

Here is a web board where you can find more info if you would like - say hello if you drop by, I'm one of the mods...

http://www.poolspaforum.com/forum/index.php?showforum=7
And it is DiChlor I'm using, thank you for the heads up

91ps190
12-28-2007, 12:37 AM
Where's the snow in those pics?????????????

atlfootr
12-30-2007, 07:26 PM
Where's the snow in those pics?????????????

Southern Alberta, Canada would be my first guess :rolleyes:

atlfootr
12-30-2007, 07:28 PM
Got that puppy heat'n as we speak, about to go soak ...
Later peeps :)

Aric'sX15
12-30-2007, 07:29 PM
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa23/AricBrabec/l_d99f77daa9a22a6c36d05ac23e5e0ba4.jpg

i will be in mine as soon it gets hot!

atlfootr
12-30-2007, 08:51 PM
Totally relaxed ...