PDA

View Full Version : Pot Luck Week - Who's got a Quick and Easy Recipe? Tex?

Maristar210
12-19-2007, 12:44 PM
Between the wife and I we have three pot luck events at work. I don't want to spend the next two nights in the kitchen either so perhaps something rather easy. I'm going shopping after work so I really need some ideas quick...

TIA - Steve

BrianM
12-19-2007, 12:45 PM
Mexican Lasagna is easy and tastes great. Can do it either chicken or beef. Take 10 minutes to put together and 30 minutes in the oven.

1 1/2 lbs chicken or beef brown the beef and drain or cook boneless skinless breasts in a pan and then shred with a fork
1 package taco seasoning (or season yourself)
1 cup diced tomatos fresh or canned
1 15oz can tomato sauce
1 4oz can diced green chilies
1 cup ricotta cheese
2 eggs
10 corn tortillas
2 1/2 cups Chedder or Jack Cheese Shredded
2 jalepeno Peppers diced (optional)
Brown the beef and drain or cook chicken and shred then add the seasoning, tomatos, tomato sauce and chiles and jalepenos to the meat. Stir and bring to a boil. Simmer uncovered 10 minutes. In small bowl combine the ricotta and the eggs. 13x9 pan spread 1/2 meat ,ixture and top with 1/2 the tortillas then spread half the ricotta mixture and then top with half of the Cheddar or Jack Cheese. Repeat. Bake uncovered at 350 for 20-30 minutes or until bubbly. Good to go.

Its a crowd pleaser. My wife and I take this to parties all the time. Prefer to do it with the chicken.

chudson
12-19-2007, 01:07 PM
We have a couple of BBQ places that sell their meat, slaw, potatoe salad and so on. We've got the beef brisket before for potlucks too. Maybe you have a place that does the same!!!

milkmania
12-19-2007, 01:18 PM
Golden Graham Smores are an instant hit!

super easy, the kids make them

recipe on the box;)

dmayer84
12-19-2007, 01:25 PM
Make one big batch of chili and split it up

M-Funf
12-19-2007, 02:19 PM
We'll usually do mac and cheese. I know it sounds cheesy (pun intended), but if you use Gorgonzola or Sharp Cheddar, or a three cheese mixture and spice it up with some paprika or Jalapeno's, it can be really good...and easy!!!

tex
12-19-2007, 02:25 PM
What do you need, apps, casseroles, side dish????

tex
12-19-2007, 02:29 PM
Enchilada Casserole

Ingredients
1 pound ground chuck
1/2 medium-size red onion, chopped
1 (4-ounce) can diced green chiles
12 (6-inch) corn tortillas, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 (10 3/4-ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
1 (2 1/4-ounce) can sliced ripe black olives
1 cup mild enchilada sauce
1/2 cup sour cream
1 (8-ounce) block sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded and divided
Toppings: shredded lettuce, diced tomato, finely chopped red onion

Preparation
Cook first 3 ingredients in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring until beef crumbles and is no longer pink. Drain well.
Place beef mixture in a large bowl. Stir in tortilla pieces, next 4 ingredients, and 1 cup cheese; spoon mixture into a lightly greased 11- x 7-inch baking dish. Sprinkle evenly with remaining 1 cup cheese.

Bake at 400 for 20 to 25 minutes or until bubbly. Serve casserole with desired toppings.

Leah
12-19-2007, 02:35 PM
Ice cream sandwich dessert!

Line the bottom of a 9x13 dish with regular ice cream sandwiches, a layer of cool whip, top with your fav crushed candy bars/cookies and another layer of cool whip and turtle choc sauce.....Enjoy!!! Takes 5 min to make and its always good!!!!!

tex
12-19-2007, 02:36 PM
Very easy app!

Goat Cheese Stuffed Basil Leaves

1. Ingredients4 ounces goat cheese, at room temperature
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
Freshly ground pepper
20 large fresh basil leaves
1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted

2. Cooking Directions
In a small bowl, stir together the goat cheese, olive oil and lemon zest. Season to taste with pepper. Place a spoonful of the cheese mixture on each basil leaf. Sprinkle with the toasted pine nuts and drizzle with olive oil.
Yield: 20 servings

TMCNo1
12-19-2007, 02:53 PM
KFC Tailgate Party Meal! Who doesn't like fried chicken and the fixin's?

Maristar210
12-19-2007, 03:26 PM
What do you need, apps, casseroles, side dish????

Either a crock pot item or something served cold and no not revenge.
No oven here and we don't eat til non so if I can't plug it in I can't really serve it anything but cold. Homeis 40 minutes away so that's out as well..

Thanks All

tex
12-19-2007, 03:33 PM
That Basil app rocks. Easy and looks like you spent a lot of time on it!

Ric
12-19-2007, 04:05 PM
Between the wife and I we have three pot luck events at work. I don't want to spend the next two nights in the kitchen either so perhaps something rather easy. I'm going shopping after work so I really need some ideas quick...

TIA - Steve Tex's shrimp recipe is a real hit and easy to do if you can get shrimp in your area now

Monte
12-19-2007, 04:23 PM
Green beans....

Open can
Pour into pot
Add butter
Add salt
add pepper

Turn on burner
boil
done

TMCNo1
12-19-2007, 04:25 PM
Tex's shrimp recipe is a real hit and easy to do if you can get shrimp in your area now

Call up Charlie Tuna, he knows where the skrimps are at!:D

TMCNo1
12-19-2007, 04:26 PM
Green beans....

Open can
Pour into pot
Add butter
Add salt
add pepper

Turn on burner
boil
done

Liver Mush and Egg finger sandwiches!8p :rolleyes: :D

Monte
12-19-2007, 04:28 PM
Liver Mush and Egg finger sandwiches!8p :rolleyes: :D

Foods of such delicacy are not appropriate for a pot luck..

Them fixins are for FINE dining experiences...;)

Ric
12-19-2007, 04:49 PM
how bout a big sandwich from quiznos

Monte
12-19-2007, 04:59 PM
Sara Lee Chocolate Cream Pie......

lanier92prostar
12-19-2007, 05:12 PM
Brunswick stew in the crock pot. If you need the recipe, PM me.

MIMC
12-19-2007, 05:17 PM
Meatballs from GFS (Gordon Food Service). They are awesome!

160 count on sale now for $6.99 and they are pre-cooked! Throw them in the crock pot, add the can of sweet-sour, bbq, or regular sauce for $3.99 and you are done in 5 minutes for less than $12!!!

Trust me - huge hit at the "cubicle forest" I work at!

Merry Christmas!
MIMC

east tx skier
12-19-2007, 05:37 PM
Not sure if you can do this in a crock pot. The no oven thing is putting a wrench in most recipes I have. But FWIW.

4 boneless chicken breasts, seared.
2 cups of rice.
2 cans of cream of mushroom soup.
2 cups of water
seasoned salt to taste

Put it into a 13x9" caserole dish and cover with foil. Bake at 375 for 1 hour 20 minutes.

Absolutely the best balance of delicious and easy I can think of.

lanier92prostar
12-19-2007, 06:59 PM
Meatballs from GFS (Gordon Food Service). They are awesome!

160 count on sale now for $6.99 and they are pre-cooked! Throw them in the crock pot, add the can of sweet-sour, bbq, or regular sauce for $3.99 and you are done in 5 minutes for less than $12!!!

Trust me - huge hit at the "cubicle forest" I work at!

Merry Christmas!
MIMC
I didn't think about those, you can use marinara sauce and get some bread for quick and easy meatball sandwiches.

Slinkyredfoot
12-19-2007, 07:14 PM
We always take Oreo cookies, everyone just loves them....

pram
12-19-2007, 08:02 PM
Take some meat and marinate it. I heard that anything smothered in Peanut butter will work then add some wine vinegar and let it sit

Throw it in the crock pot for the night and it should be all good

TX.X-30 fan
12-19-2007, 11:33 PM
Either a crock pot item or something served cold and no not revenge.
No oven here and we don't eat til non so if I can't plug it in I can't really serve it anything but cold. Homeis 40 minutes away so that's out as well..

Thanks All

My suggestion next time would be to plan ahead some??? Spend less time surfing pron and generally pissing off all of us upstanding TT'ers! I saw many yummy sounding recipes(and some not so you know who you are) that with just a little planning even a polack from the frozen tundra should be able to replicate????

Maristar210
12-20-2007, 09:05 AM
Take some meat and marinate it. I heard that anything smothered in Peanut butter will work then add some wine vinegar and let it sit

Throw it in the crock pot for the night and it should be all good

UMP's already bringing that...

Maristar210
12-20-2007, 09:07 AM
My suggestion next time would be to plan ahead some??? Spend less time surfing pron and generally pissing off all of us upstanding TT'ers! I saw many yummy sounding recipes(and some not so you know who you are) that with just a little planning even a polack from the frozen tundra should be able to replicate????

Where is that mickey mouse guy with the big animated finger when I need it.