PDA

View Full Version : Typical Rant

Monte
12-19-2007, 09:25 AM
Last week I ordered a R/C vehicle for my son for Christmas on line. I entered the info for my debit card and I used my office address for shipping. ( I don't want my son to see it). Well Friday afternoon I recieve a call from my bank's fraud dept to verify that It was my purchase. I confirmed the order and figured that was all I needed to do. Well, Monday I recieve a call from the vendor's shipping rep telling me that I will need to either recieve the package at home or call an 800# for my bank (adding another day or two to the shipping) to re confirm my order and shipping address. I told them to forget it and send it to my home. The cust service girl says "ok I'll call the bank back and we'll send it to your home I'll call you back in a few minutes to confirm". No call. Tuesday morning I call THEM back to verify. They route me to the SAME girl. I then ask her to re-confirm to me that the item is being shipped. She says "sorry I didn't call you back I have 10,000 things to do around here." Then She says "I THINK it is going out this afternoon to your address". I basically say that I THINK is not good enough, I need to KNOW. Without putting me on hold she says " Ok I KNOW it is coming to your home address, leaving today"... I get the Fed Ex tracking info via email late yesterday and check the status today. It is coming to Shelby, NC (where I work) not Kings Mountain, NC (where I live) no addy on the tracking page.. So I call Fed ex to find out what is going on. The darn thing is going to the wrong street address... Well, the nice lady at Fed ex has flagged the package for the CORRECT address, but said it MAY take an extra day to get it. WTH? BTW I don't blame fed ex.. Rant over

H20skeefreek
12-19-2007, 09:36 AM
That's what happens when you order online. I always shop locally when I can, it avoids A LOT of hassles.

BrianM
12-19-2007, 09:36 AM
Last week I ordered a R/C vehicle for my son for Christmas on line. I entered the info for my debit card and I used my office address for shipping. ( I don't want my son to see it). Well Friday afternoon I recieve a call from my bank's fraud dept to verify that It was my purchase. I confirmed the order and figured that was all I needed to do. Well, Monday I recieve a call from the vendor's shipping rep telling me that I will need to either recieve the package at home or call an 800# for my bank (adding another day or two to the shipping) to re confirm my order and shipping address. I told them to forget it and send it to my home. The cust service girl says "ok I'll call the bank back and we'll send it to your home I'll call you back in a few minutes to confirm". No call. Tuesday morning I call THEM back to verify. They route me to the SAME girl. I then ask her to re-confirm to me that the item is being shipped. She says "sorry I didn't call you back I have 10,000 things to do around here." Then She says "I THINK it is going out this afternoon to your address". I basically say that I THINK is not good enough, I need to KNOW. Without putting me on hold she says " Ok I KNOW it is coming to your home address, leaving today"... I get the Fed Ex tracking info via email late yesterday and check the status today. It is coming to Shelby, NC (where I work) not Kings Mountain, NC (where I live) no addy on the tracking page.. So I call Fed ex to find out what is going on. The darn thing is going to the wrong street address... Well, the nice lady at Fed ex has flagged the package for the CORRECT address, but said it MAY take an extra day to get it. WTH? BTW I don't blame fed ex.. Rant over

Call the FedEx lady back and ask if she can flag it to hold at the FedEx office. You should be able to get it sooner that way.

tex
12-19-2007, 09:42 AM
You always get %^&*%$ at the drive thru!

Monte
12-19-2007, 09:50 AM
That's what happens when you order online. I always shop locally when I can, it avoids A LOT of hassles.

Most of the time I do shop locally, but I have NEVER had such a problem ordering online. My biggest problem is that I live in a small town. We have relatively few stores (that Wal-mart has not put out of business).. That is another rant

mcdoon
12-19-2007, 09:51 AM
Murphy strikes again!

Sorry to hear that Monte, but you know you'll feel a lot worse than your son ever will. He'll be bouncing off the walls no matter what day it gets there.

Maristar210
12-19-2007, 09:54 AM

I love it TEX. Joe Pesci..... great movie !!!

ShamrockIV
12-19-2007, 10:03 AM
Always something bro!!!

Monte
12-19-2007, 10:05 AM
Call the FedEx lady back and ask if she can flag it to hold at the FedEx office. You should be able to get it sooner that way.

Good call, my only fear is confusing the situation even further:o

Monte
12-19-2007, 10:12 AM

You make a good point... I've always wondered how mad I make the burger guys at mcd's when I order double cheesburgers plain:rolleyes:

Workin' 4 Toys
12-19-2007, 10:25 AM
monte72-
Call everyone back and tell them the deal is off. You cancel the order and if they want to figure out where the thing is, they are welcome to track it.

Once you have this done, call me. I'll go down the street here, buy what you NEED, and ship it to you where ever the heck you want it. You can send me the $$ whenever you feel like it. Deal?:D

Is this where I am suppose to say I told you so....:rolleyes: ;)

Monte
12-19-2007, 10:37 AM
monte72-
Call everyone back and tell them the deal is off. You cancel the order and if they want to figure out where the thing is, they are welcome to track it.

Once you have this done, call me. I'll go down the street here, buy what you NEED, and ship it to you where ever the heck you want it. You can send me the $$ whenever you feel like it. Deal?

Is this where I am suppose to say I told you so...

Since it is so close to Christmas and the package IS confirmed in route b/n Orlando and Charlotte. I'm going to keep the order coming.

However next time.. When I buy the one to race my son with.. I am going to follow Your route for E-Z purchase.

THIS would be the perfect time to say "I told you so":o :o :noface: :cry:

Workin' 4 Toys
12-19-2007, 10:48 AM
Ok,....I told you so...:D

All kidding aside, I hope it works out. I'll save my horror shipping stories for a more appropriate time, you don't need to hear them now.
You know how to get me if you need me.;) If you do, I'll be arriving at the hobby shop today around 4:00PM to pick up some goodies, I could make it to the local shipping dock by 5:00 and have it in transit. Overnight/2nd day is going to cost some coin though.

Monte
12-19-2007, 11:12 AM
Ok,....I told you so...:D

All kidding aside, I hope it works out. I'll save my horror shipping stories for a more appropriate time, you don't need to hear them now.
You know how to get me if you need me.;) If you do, I'll be arriving at the hobby shop today around 4:00PM to pick up some goodies, I could make it to the local shipping dock by 5:00 and have it in transit. Overnight/2nd day is going to cost some coin though.

Believe me, I asked about overnighting Monday.. They only wanted 53.00 extra... Rather high IMHO:rolleyes:

TMCNo1
12-19-2007, 02:04 PM
You make a good point... I've always wondered how mad I make the burger guys at mcd's when I order double cheesburgers plain:rolleyes:

I wouldn't think there should be a problem, unless you want the Double Cheeburger shipped FedX to your work address, I'm jus sayin'................:D

ski_king
12-19-2007, 02:43 PM
On the other hand, I just had a great experience with Apple and Fed Ex.

Thursday, 12/13 9:00 PM: I order a Ipod Nano on line and get it engraved. I am concerned that getting it engraved may screw-up delivery for Christmas.

Thursday, 12/13 10:30: I get an email from Apple stating my order has shipped and I get a link to FedEx tracking.

Thursday, 12/13 10:32: I check link and find shipping info has been received. Shipment is in Sechuaen (spelling) China :confused:

Friday, 12/14 Noonish: Check again and shipment is in Anchorage, AK

Saturday, 12/13 Noonish: Check again and shipment is in Indianapolis, IN

Monday, 12/17: Package shows up :D

Can’t beat service like that and on top of that, no shipping charge.

Monte
12-19-2007, 02:48 PM
On the other hand, I just had a great experience with Apple and Fed Ex.

Thursday, 12/13 9:00 PM: I order a Ipod Nano on line and get it engraved. I am concerned that getting it engraved may screw-up delivery for Christmas.

Thursday, 12/13 10:30: I get an email from Apple stating my order has shipped and I get a link to FedEx tracking.

Thursday, 12/13 10:32: I check link and find shipping info has been received. Shipment is in Sechuaen (spelling) China :confused:

Friday, 12/14 Noonish: Check again and shipment is in Anchorage, AK

Saturday, 12/13 Noonish: Check again and shipment is in Indianapolis, IN

Monday, 12/17: Package shows up :D

Can’t beat service like that and on top of that, no shipping charge.

Oh, I have no qualms with Fed Ex..:)

It is the original company I purchased the item from that I question.

If there was a problem with my order on thursday.. Why wait until monday to call me about it???

Glad to hear of your good experience:cool:

RexDog1
12-20-2007, 09:50 AM
Sorry :(
Did you get it yet? I do like Fed-X over UPS….. IMO

and what RC Car did you get?:rolleyes:

And did Lean’s car show up?:rolleyes: :D and......and......and......and.......

Workin' 4 Toys
12-20-2007, 09:54 AM
Let me que in on one of the questions..

He doesn't listen very well....:rolleyes:

Monte
12-20-2007, 10:46 AM
Sorry :(
Did you get it yet? I do like Fed-X over UPS….. IMO

and what RC Car did you get?:rolleyes:

And did Lean’s car show up?......and......and......and.......

Still waiting, It SHOULD be on the local Fed Ex truck today:rolleyes: We will see:confused: Hopefully I called fed ex and fixed the problem early enough yesterday to fix the wrong address. Via a phone call to Fed ex this morning the driver has the correct address..

I got the TRAXXAS nitro sport SE truck.. 1/10

RexDog1
12-20-2007, 11:33 AM
Cool !!!:D http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/8/8_2_101.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSYYYYYYMNUS)
I was at the hobby shop last week and I saw the Traxxas Rustler VXL 70 MPH !!!! for an Electric??

TMCNo1
12-20-2007, 12:00 PM
Still waiting, It SHOULD be on the local Fed Ex truck today:rolleyes: We will see:confused: Hopefully I called fed ex and fixed the problem early enough yesterday to fix the wrong address. Via a phone call to Fed ex this morning the driver has the correct address..

I got the TRAXXAS nitro sport SE truck.. 1/10

What about all this tells me a Mongolian sheepherder's son will be pushing this R/C truck around on his knees on the frozen tundra and dodging baaaaah biscuits after the local Muckaluk Xpress deliveryman shows up on his moose!:D

Monte
12-21-2007, 10:16 AM
Got it! Had to go down the street to pick it up from a little old ladies house, (Fed Ex never changed the address) but I got it!

Monte
12-21-2007, 11:02 AM
Eh eh??

bcampbe7
12-21-2007, 11:09 AM
Your son (and you) is going to have a blast!

KnoxX2
12-21-2007, 11:15 AM
So is that for your son or is it realy for you? JK

Monte
12-21-2007, 11:16 AM
I'm looking forward to spending the time with him..

Monte
12-21-2007, 11:18 AM
So is that for your son or is it realy for you? JK

Ahhh It's his.. I just have to be present for him to drive it;)

I assure you, the body will be modified with all sorts of stickers and drawings within minutes of opening the package;)

bcampbe7
12-21-2007, 11:19 AM
I will say it again...

Make sure you break the engine in using the Traxxas method. Follow it to a "T." ;)

KnoxX2
12-21-2007, 11:20 AM
You know who I feel sorry for............. THE DOG.:D

Monte
12-21-2007, 11:22 AM
I will say it again...

Make sure you break the engine in using the Traxxas method. Follow it to a "T." ;)

I'll make sure we do it right.. Should I go ahead and break it in?? So when he gets it he can just go to town:confused:

TMCNo1
12-21-2007, 11:22 AM
Ahhh It's his.. I just have to be present for him to drive it;)

I assure you, the body will be modified with all sorts of stickers and drawings within minutes of opening the package;)

It will definately need a MasterCraft decal somewhere on it!:D

RexDog1
12-21-2007, 11:24 AM
LOL LOL you can tell Lean the truck is for your son……….. But …….Merry Christmas Monte:D

And what is up with all the books???:rolleyes: :D

Monte
12-21-2007, 11:27 AM
LOL LOL you can tell Lean the truck is for your son……….. But …….Merry Christmas Monte

And what is up with all the books???:rolleyes:

Company rating manuals.. Rules/ definitions/ rates.. you know exciting stuff.. Just in case our computers ever fail I can rat insurance the old way:rolleyes:

Monte
12-21-2007, 11:28 AM
It will definately need a MasterCraft decal somewhere on it!:D

I wonder where I can get one of those for the windshield?:rolleyes:

Monte
12-21-2007, 11:32 AM
You know who I feel sorry for............. THE DOG.:D

I bet he'll hide.. Leah probably won't let him out of the house while I drive:rolleyes:

bcampbe7
12-21-2007, 11:34 AM
I'll make sure we do it right.. Should I go ahead and break it in?? So when he gets it he can just go to town:confused:

It would be a good learning experience for him. He will get a little understanding of tuning the engine and the ill effects of running it lean.