PDA

View Full Version : Photo equipment

76S&S
12-17-2007, 02:21 PM
I've done a fair amount of outdoor photography but very little indoor.

I'm currently shooting with a Canon xti and have a 35 - 135 and a 100 - 300 lens.

Since we have a new little one, I would like to do more indoor shots than I have in the past; studio type shots. What equipment (in particular....lighting) would I need to add to get some decent indoor photos?

stuartmcnair
12-17-2007, 03:44 PM
there is a kit you can buy that has two of the 530EX speedlites and a trigger for the camera (about $800). That would probably suit you best for lighting. You will need a good portrait lens. 85MM is the target for that so with an XTI and the 1.6x magnification factor get a good 50MM lens. If you cannot afford / don't want to spend the money on L glass then I would go with the older 50MM canon that still had the metal mount. The new one is plastic. I got one off ebay for about $150.

phecksel
12-18-2007, 02:46 PM
I don't know canon lenses, but f/2.8 zoom or f/1.8 prime in the focal length you use the most. Again unfamiliar with Canon cameras, but the most powerful flash within your budget. If budget is not an issue, can't beat the Alien Bee Flashes.