PDA

View Full Version : Travel Days in 07'

6ballsisall
12-16-2007, 11:51 PM
I know we have some road warriors on here. How many OVERNIGHT stays did ya'll have this year? (project out if you don't know thru this month)

Me after this week: (and on vacation until January after this week. yahoo!!!!!)

193 Nights Total
-168 w/ Hilton properties
- 21 w/ Marriot Properties
-4 other properties

84 Legs on Airtran
42,006 miles on Delta

New Years resolution: REDUCE DAYS ON THE ROAD!!!!!!!!!!:( :rolleyes:

BrianM
12-16-2007, 11:52 PM
WOW! That is some serious travel. Hope you get to spend a little more time at home this year.

erkoehler
12-16-2007, 11:53 PM
DAMN! I thought you were traveling less after moving to ATL?:confused:

On a better note, you might as well travel since there won't be any water left in Atlanta for next summer! :)

6ballsisall
12-17-2007, 12:00 AM
DAMN! I thought you were traveling less after moving to ATL?:confused:

On a better note, you might as well travel since there won't be any water left in Atlanta for next summer! :)

No dice brutha.......if the company has their druthers they'll want more out of me next year as they've added some responsibilities. I'll take the responsibilities but NO ADDITIONAL travel. :mad:

Touche' on the water scenario, you might be right.........:rolleyes:

CHaus21
12-17-2007, 12:13 AM
I know we have some road warriors on here. How many OVERNIGHT stays did ya'll have this year? (project out if you don't know thru this month)

193 Nights Total
-4 other properties

84 Legs on Airtran
42,006 miles on Delta

I hope you can get an additional 8k miles on DL so you get to Gold Medallion before the end of the year! Might be time for a mileage run!

I will finish the year with about 145 nights in hotel. All but 10 have been with Hilton HHonors.

6ballsisall
12-17-2007, 12:17 AM
I hope you can get an additional 8k miles on DL so you get to Gold Medallion before the end of the year! Might be time for a mileage run!
I will finish the year with about 145 nights in hotel. All but 10 have been with Hilton HHonors.

Not worried, I only fly Delta when I can't take Airtran. Everyone's Gold Medallion in Atlanta so it doesn't seem to get you much in terms of rewards.
The one positive is I got the Lifetime thing on Airtran. Over 100 credits and someone can fly free with you.

milkmania
12-17-2007, 12:26 AM

193 Nights Total
-4 other properties

84 Legs on Airtran
42,006 miles on Delta

dude!
I got only two things to say......

1) Glad it's not me!
2) What's your wife doing next weekend?

8p

congrats on the vacation time:cool:

JerryS
12-17-2007, 12:29 AM
Easily made platinum again with 90 nights at Marriott Hotels. I'd have to estimate 5-10 nights with some other chains.

Mileage flown....I have no idea. Circled the globe westbound once though. Took us about 65 hours of flying. Great trip. Then there is the airline travel I did in addition. I'd have to do some research to figure all that out.

Worst trip was to Vancouver August 2-6. I had just brought home the new Mastercraft July 31....and had to go away for the weekend.....LOL

Jerry

André
12-17-2007, 07:47 AM

193 Nights Total
-4 other properties

84 Legs on Airtran
42,006 miles on Delta

Wow! And you manage the calendar thing at the same time?
Congrats!

JohnnyB
12-17-2007, 08:51 AM
Don't know how many Bob and Tom fans are out there, but we should nickname this the Kenny Tarmack thread :D

lanier92prostar
12-17-2007, 10:46 AM
No business travel for me since I am a teacher, but we will spend a total of 63 nights in our 5th wheel this year and around 150 in the 2+ years we have owned it.

Roonie's
12-17-2007, 11:10 AM
My wife has earned Platinum elite second year in a row which means a minimum of 75,000 air miles to get it. Yes she travels alot. Never added it up but basically gone every other week all summer.

Leroy
12-17-2007, 11:15 AM
Good move JR, because your real joy is at home!

Willski
12-17-2007, 12:26 PM
I was out 20 days this year, and about 40 last year. I had about 35000 airline miles in 06, but only about 20000 this year. Unfortunately, most of my travel was in the summer both years.

6ballsisall
12-17-2007, 04:42 PM
Good move JR, because your real joy is at home!

TRU DAT, TRU DAT!!!!:love: :love:

Sodar
12-17-2007, 04:49 PM
WHOA Jeff! No Thanks! I had to travel for 2 weeks this year for training and I HATED it! I am gone alot on the weekends, so I like to be home during the week!

Can we tally up our vacation weekends?!?!?!

I booked 31 weekends away for this year! Not too shabby, if ya ask me!! :D :D

Here is my break down:
17 to the river
7 to the lakehouse, prior to selling it
1 to Palm Springs
1 to Topaz Lake
2 to Mexico
1 to Chicago (to check out my new toy!)
1 to San Francisco
1 to Fort Lauderdale

Rapunzl
12-17-2007, 04:50 PM
Whew!!

I'm amazed that you spent the time calculating that all out!! I didn't have quite as much travel time or distance as you...I spent 4 days in Houston for a conference in March and 4 days in New Orleans two weeks ago. I fell in love with New Orleans...truly a city with a history and some spunk. I must have walked 50 miles just exploring the city. I did cauculate, however, that I had more carbs in those 4 days than I have had all year!!! Have you ever had a muffaletta or a beignet??:love:

6ballsisall
12-17-2007, 05:11 PM

Vacations??? Whats that??? :rolleyes: All I have to say is my blackberry, my vmail, and my cell phone all go BYE-BYE this Thursday @ 6pm until January 2nd, end of discussion...... The wife doesn't think I can do it, I like a challenge! Anyone know how to shut off the email portion of your blackberry but not phone? (my blackberry is my phone)

bcampbe7
12-17-2007, 05:18 PM
Vacations??? Whats that??? :rolleyes: All I have to say is my blackberry, my vmail, and my cell phone all go BYE-BYE this Thursday @ 6pm until January 2nd, end of discussion...... The wife doesn't think I can do it, I like a challenge! Anyone know how to shut off the email portion of your blackberry but not phone? (my blackberry is my phone)

Just set your email alerts to silent in your profile. You will still get them, but not be bothered by an alert.

6ballsisall
12-17-2007, 05:21 PM
Just set your email alerts to silent in your profile. You will still get them, but not be bothered by an alert.

Come on Beau, you know me! 8p That won't work, I'll give in! I don't want to lose this challenge! Is there another way???

bcampbe7
12-17-2007, 05:31 PM
Come on Beau, you know me! 8p That won't work, I'll give in! I don't want to lose this challenge! Is there another way???

Not that I know of without wiping the BB. I wouldn't suggest that though.

I would just turn the thing off and put it in a drawer. ;) :D Your wife will love that!

KnoxX2
12-17-2007, 11:49 PM
Can you have all your e-mails FWD to another E-Mail address?

KnoxX2
12-17-2007, 11:57 PM
Don't tt think I can contend with Jeff. I spend alot of time on the road but get home as soon as I can (this some times means just Day trips) I cover 8 states for my job with Tn. in the middle. If I were to guess I would say that I spent around 60 Nights out of town this last year. Worst trip was a Over night drive to Coco Beach Fl. from Tn. Then drove back the next day. Funny thing is I am out of town tonight. I guess I can say I feel a little bit of your pain!!!!!!

lanier92prostar
12-18-2007, 12:09 AM
[QUOTE=SodarSki73]WHOA Jeff! No Thanks! I had to travel for 2 weeks this year for training and I HATED it! I am gone alot on the weekends, so I like to be home during the week!

I booked 31 weekends away for this year! Not too shabby, if ya ask me!! :D :D

Sodar,
You take more short weekend vacations than we do! Most of our nights in the RV were in a 4 week trip to Montana.

BrianM
12-18-2007, 09:44 AM
4 days in New Orleans two weeks ago. I fell in love with New Orleans...truly a city with a history and some spunk. I must have walked 50 miles just exploring the city. I did cauculate, however, that I had more carbs in those 4 days than I have had all year!!! Have you ever had a muffaletta or a beignet??:love:
Glad you had a good time here. Please tell everyone you know that we are NOT still under 10 ft of water and we ARE open for business and as good as ever.

We do know how to eat and drink around here. And when you make it back give me a holler.

Footin
12-18-2007, 09:46 AM
In 05 I did over 100, took a new job in 06 so I could be home alot more.

I really don't miss the overnights.

6ballsisall
12-18-2007, 11:40 PM
I am HOME and done for 07!! PHEW!!

C'Mon peeps I didn't start this thread about me, I KNOW we've got some other road warriors on here. Share your stats!

Workin' 4 Toys
12-19-2007, 10:41 AM
I Fly as little as possible, and stay away from home as little as possible.
No chance in he!l I'd take a job traveling that much for a multi-million
$ salary. Sorry.
Gene would be proud of you though.