PDA

View Full Version : The Spirit of Christmas?????

thijs
12-16-2007, 10:06 AM
I am pissed. This is the second time, but some little $#!^ heads have stolen every one of my christmas light bulbs on my fence. The first time my wife got up and scared them off, but this time they got all of them even coming into my yard to get a third of them!!

What to do, stay in the spirit and buy more bulbs or Scrooge up an bah humbug it?

There is really no other place for me to put them as I am in a townhouse while I am in school. (thus I don't have my dog here to wake me up).

mjw101081
12-16-2007, 10:21 AM
Create a poster board briefly explaining your problem and post it outside for all to read. Replace the lights and give it one more try.

thijs
12-16-2007, 10:27 AM
How about a poster stating:

"No Tresspassing, violators will be given three warning shots, in the back!"

bigmac
12-16-2007, 12:10 PM
How about a poster stating:

"No Tresspassing, violators will be given three warning shots, in the back!"

I know you're kidding, but it's a concept that is always troubling to me because it's stated often when people have things stolen from them - the concept of killing someone over possessions, whether they be a burgled house and Joe Horn's reaction (http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/11/17/national/main3517564.shtml?source=mostpop_story) or Christmas decorations. Let alone the enormous legal ramifications that would befall someone who did that, the morality is troubling.

tex
12-16-2007, 12:12 PM
Get some buddies and set up on those cats. Then spread a little Christmas Spirit on there a$$e$!

TMCNo1
12-16-2007, 12:22 PM
Take the lights down and eliminate the reason to steal them from you. They will probably go somewhere else and then let someone else shoot their sorry azzes, taking you out of the loop!

ridesdirt
12-16-2007, 01:04 PM
Get some buddies and set up on those cats. Then spread a little Christmas Spirit on there a$$e$!

Thats what paint ball guns are for. lol

lanier92prostar
12-16-2007, 01:15 PM
We have had a group of kids messing with our stuff too. They have dismanteled the garland,etc, but never have torn or taken anything. They ding, dong, ditched us after they were finished. I caught them last weekend at 12:30 am. It would have been a innocent practical joke had they not done it to me for 6 straight weeks! They rang the doorbell and took off, not thinking that I was sitting by the door. I did not chase, but they went in the woods and I followed the sound of crunching leaves until I saw them go in a house. I rang the doorbell, got the parents up. I do not think it will happen again.

88 PS190
12-16-2007, 01:50 PM
Alert the local police department that you have been having this problem. Then see if you can get the punks caught doing it, catch a few still shots of them in action, turn them over.

Free light bulbs from the punk kid you caught for the rest of the season. These are the bigger ones right? They pop pretty nice when thrown, that's probably what they are doing.

Of course sitting in a lawnchair with a shotgun (unloaded) is a pretty good deterant as well. Difficult to explain.

JohnnyB
12-16-2007, 04:35 PM
In the days of these lights being wired in series, we'd take one bulb out and leave it in the mailbox or something. Taking a bulb to put the string out or repositioning the lighted reindeer (one 'prone' on top of the other) is practical joking in good fun, however, stealing all your bulbs is over the top....notify the cops and your neighbors. I'd consider this vandalism and believe you could press charges for that, too.

thijs
12-16-2007, 04:57 PM
I would never do as i said. Probably the most taht I would do is try to scare them by chasing them. Notifying the Cops here would be useless, there are a lot of other much more troubling issues going on in Calgary. It is experiencing some serious growing pains with homeless, drugs, prostitution and rape. Sad but true. The cops have better things to do.

I am sure that they are just popping them, but all of them?!!! I am just glad they seemed to be kids and not interested in my new BBQ and such!

atlfootr
12-16-2007, 05:04 PM
Video tape the bastards and then send the bill for "new lights" to each of the parents!

lanier92prostar
12-16-2007, 05:18 PM
We were considering a webcam until I caught them. At least you need to file an incident report since they are stealing the bulbs. You might not get any results, but it might be a problem elsewhere. The cops would then at least send a patrol occasionally on the nights that it is happening around the time you suspect.

TMCNo1
12-16-2007, 06:39 PM
I would never do as i said. Probably the most taht I would do is try to scare them by chasing them. Notifying the Cops here would be useless, there are a lot of other much more troubling issues going on in Calgary. It is experiencing some serious growing pains with homeless, drugs, prostitution and rape. Sad but true. The cops have better things to do.

I am sure that they are just popping them, but all of them?!!! I am just glad they seemed to be kids and not interested in my new BBQ and such!

I saw last night on the news, that illegal aliens in the US are leaving here and moving to Canada in record numbers because everything up there is free and the Canadian government is welcoming it. It appears Xmas tree lightbulbs are free too!

thijs
12-16-2007, 09:36 PM
I saw last night on the news, that illegal aliens in the US are leaving here and moving to Canada in record numbers because everything up there is free and the Canadian government is welcoming it. It appears Xmas tree lightbulbs are free too!

As you guys know i am an ambulance attendant here so i get to meet all types. Yes we are importing criminals. Everyone can get in on refugee status (no matter if you are a criminal), and once you kill someone, assault someone or break and enter you go to jail and get fed. Then once you are convicted (if you are convicted) you get a short jail term and social assistance b/c you are 'mentally disabled' because of your past traumatic life. It would be unhumaine to send them back home........................

Ski Bum
12-16-2007, 10:01 PM
Get a motion activated sprinkler that will get them wet.

TX.X-30 fan
12-16-2007, 10:42 PM
Joe Horn's reaction (http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/11/17/national/main3517564.shtml?source=mostpop_story) or Christmas decorations. Let alone the enormous legal ramifications that would befall someone who did that, the morality is troubling.

The morality of two Illegal alien career criminals to me is also very troubling, as were the two gentlemen that mister Horn let the air out of. Who is to say that on their next little thieving escapade they beat the home owner to death with the tire iron they used in their "last" robbery.

I agree with you no one should die over stuff, But when one chooses a profession that involves breaking into homes and stealing peoples life-long possessions, well I would say its just a crap shoot how long you will stay in business.

Edit: These two were part of a ring that preyed on immigrants, the homeowners in this were from Asia and had a small business. This was there deal, they know small immigrant business owners tend to have cash at home, one of these two dead dudes had been deported 10 years ago for being in a south american burglary ring?? Feeling sorry for these two is wasted emotion!!!!! No matter what that race bating Quanell X says.