PDA

View Full Version : APPROVED - Cash Rewards

PendO
12-14-2007, 01:06 PM
PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE THREAD - THIS CASH REWARDS ENDS UP BEING APPROVED

Well, my dad's cash rewards certificate was rejected

#B*****

The rejection letter came today, it says, among other things ...

"... You did not send proof of payment of the item"

Apparently a copy of the canceld check is not proof, it says it is not appealable

I have the digital image of the check from wells fargo and the digital check statement from that month ... amazed, but not suprised

so, post away ... and if you want proof I will give you my office address and you can look at the documents yourself ... what a scam!

Pendo

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u139/06Prostar197/cancelledcheckcashrewards.jpg

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u139/06Prostar197/rejectiondoc2.jpg

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u139/06Prostar197/rejectiondoc.jpg

Monte
12-14-2007, 01:14 PM
EZ come EZ go.. At least we found out before many more tried it.. Thanks for the info... Sorry for your loss..

sand2snow22
12-14-2007, 01:28 PM
Good to know. Risk is greater than the reward. I'll take the price off of the boat please.....Sounds like arbitrary decisions to me......

Moderator4
12-14-2007, 01:37 PM
man am I bitter, I hope this all works out

sand2snow22
12-14-2007, 01:42 PM
"You were unable to establish that the financing on the item reflected in the documents was not in default."

what, traded in an X-9 and wrote a check for the balance ...

They wrote a check, there is no financing, so they must not need the $10k. I'd like to play GOD, too. Does it say anywhere financing is a requirement?

Sodar
12-14-2007, 01:45 PM
That is too bad Casey! I cannot believe it takes them that long to get back to you!

Just so I am clear on this. When you get the rewards program, do they send you the rules? Just wondering if they make up BS to not pay or if they actually have a set of standards.

Moderator4
12-14-2007, 01:46 PM
They wrote a check, there is no financing, so they must not need the $10k. I'd like to play GOD, too. Does it say anywhere financing is a requirement?

They don't need it, but it all trickles downhill (and I stand at the bottom)

lanier92prostar
12-14-2007, 01:51 PM
It sounds to me like they make up the rules as they go. Too Bad about the money Pendo. Lesson learned by all of us. Sometimes if it sounds too good to be true, it usually is.

Moderator4
12-14-2007, 01:51 PM
As far as rules ... Imagine how many times you would have read them, then multiply by 100 and divide by 0.05 ... that is how many times I read those rules

Sodar
12-14-2007, 01:54 PM
They don't need it, but it all trickles downhill (and I stand at the bottom)

I like that Casey!! I like that alot!! That is my new motto!!

sand2snow22
12-14-2007, 01:55 PM
I smell a future class action lawsuit!!

Maristar210
12-14-2007, 02:03 PM
I wonder where the "Nice cash 10k" guy is?

I stand by the thought "if it's too good to be true it is too good to be true". It's too bad people have to be deceitful when sharing "stories" of success. Kind of reminds me of the old "well my Dad's an astronaut" argument that is as transparent as the silicone Betsy wishes she had.

I also hate the sense of false hope. I feel for you man, sorry. :(

Sucks worse than UMP's groovy Thursday edition of Mr. Clean.

Leroy
12-14-2007, 02:16 PM
It's amazing out of all the people on this site we have only had one "success" story.

Too bad to hear Casey. I guess from what I have heard so far I would take the $2000 now instead of $10k 3 years later......

east tx skier
12-14-2007, 02:23 PM
Wait a minute, Mod4 is Pendo? ;)

jrhollow
12-14-2007, 02:29 PM
Assuming 7.50% interest and the dealer is cost neutral between paying 2,000 to the rebate company or reducing the cost of the boat, one person in every four should be paid out. That is a rough estimate without factoring in profits, operating cots, etc (which would bring it down even more).

Less than 25% of collecting doesn't sound that good to me.

Moderator4
12-14-2007, 02:32 PM
Tell ya what, I would not be suprised if it works for somebody, but I anticipate that a 1/2 cash 1/2 trade - is part of the confusion, who knows ...

Chas
12-14-2007, 02:39 PM
I sell portable hot tubs for a living. Have done so for over 20 years. They are high-end units, typical sale around $12K, some down to $6K.

This type of program has come and gone in our industry several times over the years, and I have yet to hear about anybody getting their money back. I have even read postings on a web board very similar to this one about folks getting an attorney involved, going through expensive steps to get the pay out, and still not getting a dime. Of course, they were out the legal fees.

So buyer beware - I did see one poster here who said they got the money back, but I still feel this is not a real offer and I would love to know the details of that person actually getting the payout.

Maristar210
12-14-2007, 02:55 PM
I sell portable hot tubs for a living. Have done so for over 20 years. They are high-end units, typical sale around $12K, some down to $6K.

This type of program has come and gone in our industry several times over the years, and I have yet to hear about anybody getting their money back. I have even read postings on a web board very similar to this one about folks getting an attorney involved, going through expensive steps to get the pay out, and still not getting a dime. Of course, they were out the legal fees.

So buyer beware - I did see one poster here who said they got the money back, but I still feel this is not a real offer and I would love to know the details of that person actually getting the payout.

I among others called BS on that guy. I don't believe it actually happens very often if at all and I'll say it one more time I think it is no less than a shady business practice. So much so that I will not buy something if there is a rebate involved. Computer $999 or Computer for $1049 with a $100 rebate? I buy the $999 one and then don't have to have the stars align to get my money. A legal scam is all it is, these companies have statisticians who calulate the number of people who will be proper in getting thier documents in order before determining an amount to discount. Whatever happened to cost plus 18% a handshake and see you at church on Sunday?????

Roonie's
12-14-2007, 05:04 PM
Good to know PendO. I sounded too good to be true and guess what........ it is. Thanks for keeping us informed.

JohnE
12-14-2007, 05:46 PM
That sucks, Pendo.

I was talking to Jim@BAWS last year when I was looking for a boat and asked him about that cash rewards. (Not that it would have been applicable to me since I was looking used.) He said it "can" happen, but usually doesn't.

André
12-14-2007, 06:05 PM
Sorry to read this Pendo...It sucks big time!!!:mad:
Always wondered why a company like Mastercraft choose to be associate with this kind of program ???:confused:

H20BOY
12-14-2007, 06:10 PM
I was wondering if you sent in the settlement statement from the dealer when you bought the boat that showed the trade and check covering the cost of the boat?

jaysus
12-14-2007, 07:24 PM
If Mike T. is reading this, (the one that did get the reward), you should share some of what transpired and cash rewards' "confusion" on your trade-in/bottom line. Maybe you can help Pendo with his situation.

Maristar210
12-14-2007, 09:01 PM
If Mike T. is reading this, (the one that did get the reward), you should share some of what transpired and cash rewards' "confusion" on your trade-in/bottom line. Maybe you can help Pendo with his situation.

Yes and I have a real purple fire breathing dragon for sale, one dollar.

TX.X-30 fan
12-14-2007, 09:09 PM

What part of scam in hard to understand here???? The original post was a misleading attempt to stimulate boat sales for some NE dealership! That claimed to have dozens of checks on his desk waiting to pay???? After that all that crap was edited out of the post because the schemers (multiple) thought that was going overboard.

Only two people I feel for here is Pendo and his father, I know if this crap had been perpetrated on my father I would be seeing RED!!!!!

This never was that hard to figure out, the original thread I mean. It was right out of some sleazy used car ad on at 3:00 am. Go back and look at who in the post tries to add credibility to the last one in the scam that posted more positive comments.

I actually found the thread very entertaining and was miffed when it was locked. It was kind-of like trying to read between the lines of a Hillary Clinton sound bite!

Jim@BAWS
12-14-2007, 09:42 PM
This is a REAL LET down for ALL. There was a bottom line cost per $1000 of the CASH REWARDS. I had a total of 1 customer buy into the program. I did not even offer it. He came to me from out of state to buy a untitled used MC. I could have offered the CASH REWARDS to anyone that walked through the door. New or USED. A customer could have bought into the program at ANY LEVEL. I really hate this thread with a passion. I HATE IT !!!. I am glad that I did not put this program on anyone. The customer that purchased insisited on it. I even considered doing it myself on a boat. I could have bought an X-1 and purchased a $10000 certificate for myself. Heck I could have bought 10 certificates. Making up an invoice is not hard to do. I would have only had to pay the percentage on the amount of the CASH REWARDS.

I hope that this is only one incident. I hope that they do come through for others...I really hope. And if they do I hope that they are posted here...

Jim@BAWS

Maristar210
12-14-2007, 09:43 PM
[/B]

What part of scam in hard to understand here???? The original post was a misleading attempt to stimulate boat sales for some NE dealership! That claimed to have dozens of checks on his desk waiting to pay???? After that all that crap was edited out of the post because the schemers (multiple) thought that was going overboard.

Only two people I feel for here is Pendo and his father, I know if this crap had been perpetrated on my father I would be seeing RED!!!!!

This never was that hard to figure out, the original thread I mean. It was right out of some sleazy used car ad on at 3:00 am. Go back and look at who in the post tries to add credibility to the last one in the scam that posted more positive comments.

I actually found the thread very entertaining and was miffed when it was locked. It was kind-of like trying to read between the lines of a Hillary Clinton sound bite!

Very well put Stewart. I am certain this one will end up locked as well so I want make sure I get in my 2 for 1 fly to the moon for $500 coupons on here. I can send you to the moon and let you walk around on the moon for $500 and as an extra special bonus for the next 15 minutes only you can buy one trip to the moon for $500 and you will get one free. This is a special, one time only promotion that will not be repeated so you if you want to go to the moon you must act now !!!!

Hey guys guess what ????

Aw hell you already know...

Sniff Sniff ....
Do you smell Bull ****?

Mod's wanna ban? Ban the ****ing spammer BS people

Moderator4
12-14-2007, 11:52 PM
the remark about confusion is intended as sarcasm ... we sent the original purchase order and the proof of payment ... the purchase order lists the value and model of the trade in ... which was owned free and clear ...

sand2snow22
12-15-2007, 01:43 AM
You know it makes me think less of my dealer, they've been offering the cash rewards program for the last two years. Almost had me convinced. "You can buy a loaded X2 for $60k and get $20k back in three years." Basically you can use the boat for 3 years for free, then trade it in on a new boat!! What's that, if it sounds too good to be true...........At least they gave me the option of $57k for a new X2 without the cash rewards program!! To me, they're setting themselves up for failure, they're going to have a lot of pissed off customers in a few years!! Congrats to dealers like BAWS who don't offer/push it!!

JohnE
12-15-2007, 07:17 AM
I almost bought a boat from Jim@BAWS last winter. (We decided on a different used boat instead) At that time we discussed the cash rewards and he told me then what he just posted above. Way to go, Jim.

JohnnyB
12-15-2007, 07:28 AM
In the first discussion on this, I believe I posted this story.....

A buddy of mine bought a new snowmobile on a Cash Rewards program underwritten by cashable Vouchers. Before he even reached his term, they sent him a letter telling him that they were bankrupt.

He and I both looked at buying sleds through the program. I called my dealership and the owner told me he doesn't participate in the program for two reasons: 1) he doesn't want people mad at him when they don't get their money from some independent company because they didn't meet the requirements or the company goes under 2) although it looks legit, he didn't know of anyone who had actually gotten a payout.

PendO......I think you'd be getting in line to bring a suit against these folks and there probably is no way to get any $$ out of them as their business model leads me to believe that there is no $$ left

Sorry to hear it didn't work for you

Upper Michigan Prostar190
12-15-2007, 09:32 AM
Hey Staristar, you got any of those Moon tickets left?? :confused:

TX.X-30 fan
12-15-2007, 10:04 AM
On a more positive note I got my $50. rebate for my "free" printer!! It was really easy too. 4mo. 4 calls on hold, had to cut the box into shreds and construct an origami taj mahal!!! I will photo copy the check just so there is no mistake, Cannon rebates are for REAL!!!!

;)

Maristar210
12-15-2007, 10:40 AM
Hey Staristar, you got any of those Moon tickets left?? :confused:

Sold out but if you sent me $500 I'll keep it anyways.

mtrask
12-15-2007, 01:57 PM
That really is bull!! I PM'd you on my info. I was hoping you would be successful to stop the nonsense. It leaves a pit in my stomach that you did not get it. These threads thrive on the negative aspects of things. I got my rewards certificate from a dealer in Webster MA called Action Marine. They had made a mistake on my paperwork, that I had to speak to cash rewards about. I am really sorry for your loss. Hope my info helps!! May be worth another look!!

mtrask
12-15-2007, 02:11 PM
No Promotion. Action Marine gave me the original certificate. I no longer buy boats from them because they do not have MAsterCraft.

Only have regret that Pendo did not get his. Obviously everything I stated was how it was for me. I really believed the system would work for you.. I am sorry for your loss..

Jim@BAWS
12-15-2007, 03:19 PM
No Promotion. Action Marine gave me the original certificate. I no longer buy boats from them because they do not have MAsterCraft.

Action WaterSports IS A MASTERCRAFT DEALER !!!

This does not make sense....Please explain

Jim@BAWS

Maristar210
12-15-2007, 04:18 PM
Action WaterSports IS A MASTERCRAFT DEALER !!!

This does not make sense....Please explain

Jim@BAWS

JIM -

You are talking about Action Water. He is talking about Action Marine in Mass. does that help? I don't know Action Marine but I do know the smell of bull ****....

sand2snow22
12-15-2007, 04:56 PM
I will believe in the cash rewards program when mtrast send Pendo a check for $10k and it clears!! :D

JohnE
12-15-2007, 04:57 PM
Here in MA, Action Marine lost the Mastercraft line. It was taken over by New England Fresh Water Marine. Jaysus on this forum owns that dealership. They got the line late in 2006 I believe.

sand2snow22
12-15-2007, 05:05 PM
From their website:

How do I know the money be there when I submit my claim?

Most of the money in the Claim Fund will be invested in low volatility instruments like CD’s and Money Markets; the rest will stay in secured the Claim Fund account in Citibank.

Maybe they've been investing in Subprime loans, I wonder how much they are going to write down? ;)

Jim@BAWS
12-15-2007, 05:45 PM
JIM -

You are talking about Action Water. He is talking about Action Marine in Mass. does that help? I don't know Action Marine but I do know the smell of bull ****....

My bag....sorry. I was speaking before my brain was engaged

Jim@BAWS

Maristar210
12-15-2007, 05:59 PM
My bag....sorry. I was speaking before my brain was engaged

Jim@BAWS

It happens...I initially thought the same thing since ActionWater is my local dealer......

Four to Eight inches of the white stuff here tonight, be glad your in the state of FLA......;)

Jim@BAWS
12-15-2007, 06:23 PM
It happens...I initially thought the same thing since ActionWater is my local dealer......

Four to Eight inches of the white stuff here tonight, be glad your in the state of FLA......;)

THREAD JACK CONTINUED

I will be up in your area tommorrow. MC sales training in Chicago

27 for a high 14 low

Weather is changing as we speak in Tampa
Rain last night from that Tropical Low. More rain tonight...we need it
then cooling. It was 85 everyday this week

I don't mind a 3 day change of weather.

Jim@BAWS

mcdoon
12-15-2007, 06:31 PM
THREAD JACK CONTINUED

I will be up in your area tommorrow. MC sales training in Chicago

27 for a high 14 low

Weather is changing as we speak in Tampa
Rain last night from that Tropical Low. More rain tonight...we need it
then cooling. It was 85 everyday this week

I don't mind a 3 day change of weather.

Jim@BAWS

Good luck on the travel, Jim. There's a long line of nasty stuff moving over Chi-Town and up into my neck of the woods (Grand Rapids). Ski season is back!

Maristar210
12-16-2007, 12:57 PM
Good luck on the travel, Jim. There's a long line of nasty stuff moving over Chi-Town and up into my neck of the woods (Grand Rapids). Ski season is back!

mcdoon where are you in Grand Rapids. I am near the Gerald R Ford Airport, close enought to read the words American Airlines:D

edit:\ By the way, I told my wife we got six inches last night then I said SNOW honey, 6" of SNOW

TMCNo1
12-16-2007, 03:29 PM
mcdoon where are you in Grand Rapids. I am near the Gerald R Ford Airport, close enought to read the words American Airlines:D

edit:\ By the way, I told my wife we got six inches last night then I said SNOW honey, 6" of SNOW

That's why women can't measure anything correctly, they have been led to believe 6" is this long, _____________________ !

JohnE
12-16-2007, 03:35 PM
That's why women can't measure anything correctly, they have been led to believe 6" is this long, _____________________ !

Shhhhh.....;)

PendO
12-16-2007, 08:08 PM
as you can see here is the rejection letter, and the documents that make us perplexed about the rejection ... also, despite the fact that they have you send a birth certificate, they still spelled his name wrong on the rejection letter (and we have a 4 letter last name) ... so, this is completely tranparent ... I will let you all know how it works out ... if there is a dealer out there who thinks that they can offer additional help ... I will give you the certificate number to use when you call the cash rewards #

800-217-5228

Also, if anyone at Mastercraft Corp. would like in on this (since they endorse the program to be used by dealers) please feel free to PM me for simmilar information.

I recognize that this is not a MC program, but it does have a negative impact on CSI from a consumers point of view ... this would not preclude us from buying another MC in the future, but thus far I find the program not worthy of participation by a dealership/manufacturer with their customers best interest in mind.

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u139/06Prostar197/cancelledcheckcashrewards.jpg

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u139/06Prostar197/rejectiondoc2.jpg

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u139/06Prostar197/rejectiondoc.jpg

TX.X-30 fan
12-16-2007, 09:19 PM
The statement "Sole Discretion" And "not subject to review or appeal" is the licence to steal. Dealer has no oversight of this group so I can't for the life of me see why a reputable dealer would ever subject themselves or their clients to such a questionable (at best) for lack of a better word sleazy enterprise like this bunch at cash never awarded!!

What would ever be their incentive to give a reward other than a highly publicized one ever so often, as we have been subjected to here at TT.?? Answer is no incentive at all to ever pay.

What a business plan, I would be willing to bet you that the owner of this ponsi would never be caught dead in a cheap little ski boat like the rest of us own.

mcdoon
12-17-2007, 08:42 AM

210--I'm in Jenison where you're never more than a 9 iron from a church. Not that I golf on Sunday morning! Not every Sunday at least. Was that you I saw on the river last summer running the course by Thornapple Pointe GC?

If your wife's like mine she long ago gave up trying to understand math as well as guys do.

MYMC
12-17-2007, 10:20 AM
I think that to be fair we need to see how this plays out...they are reviewing it and if that takes time so be it. Obviously I would be upset as well but until all the questions are answered I think calling this a "fraud" is pretty strong...dangerously strong.

FWIW, I have asked everyone that I know at both companies to look into this and this thread...that doesn't mean anything will happen, but I have asked.

PendO
12-17-2007, 10:53 AM
Mike is right, my use of the word "Fraud" is/was premature ... guess we will wait and see ... thanks for running it up the flagpole Mike.

Pendo

Sodar
12-17-2007, 11:12 AM
FWIW, I have asked everyone that I know at both companies to look into this and this thread...that doesn't mean anything will happen, but I have asked.

That is pretty cool of you Mike!

I would not stress over the phrase "Fraud", Pendo! It was a heat of the moment thing and you had a right to be angry. What angers me the most about this kind of stuff is that it just complicates life. If everyone would just pull through on their commitments and stop BSing, things like this would be sooooo much easier... leaving time for more important things!

JohnE
12-17-2007, 11:20 AM
So you needed to "establish that the financing on the item reflected in the documents was not in default"?:confused:

Like TX said, with it being the sole discretion of ITPA it seems like a license to steal.

Say your case does pay out with all the hoopla here. And I hope it does. How about all the other ones who have been rejected for no real reason?

east tx skier
12-17-2007, 11:30 AM
Pendo, given what you do for a living, I know you don't need to hear that you need to send these people a copy of their rules, appropriately highlighted, and with copies of everything you have appropriately highlighted. For everyone's benefit at said company, a copy of the laws pertaining to this situation could be included.

My last rebate deal (certainly not as valuable as this one) required several letters from me (I don't know that I changed more than the date on the subsequent letters). In the last one though, in as polite of a way as I am capable, and in no way threatening, I used a few key words that resulted in my getting a check cut tooth sweet. No reason to mention those key words pertaining to such trade practices here though. FWIW.

A lot of times (and it may not be the case here), these companies will deny most people the first time around and see who comes back. I sincerely doubt I'm telling you anything you don't already know.

sand2snow22
12-17-2007, 12:28 PM
If it doesn't pan out, don't you think this would make a perfect news story. I can see it: Does this sound too good to be true, you buy something and get $10k back in three years? A reporter goes to the Texas attorney general to look up complaints about Cash Rewards, inc., the reporter interviews the attorney general about the complaints, followed by interviews of some regular people, followed by a news crew trying to interview someone at Cash Rewards, inc, making them look like the fools we feel like!!

mhsb1029
12-17-2007, 08:21 PM
I was the one who first pointed this cash rewards deal out to my dad, so I feel pretty damn bad. Obviously no one knows how this is going to turn out, but if I were at all associated with MC I would have some serious thoughts about contacting my dealers and making sure that they were not participating in this program.

Pendo's little brother

TX.X-30 fan
12-17-2007, 09:09 PM
JohnE makes a good point, it would be a good time to pay an award but then again there are other considerations for them.

All I can say is please not mention they are in Texas again!!!!! :mad:

The AG's office might just love a case like this, and the other 4,000 just like it. :confused:

Diesel
12-18-2007, 09:48 AM
What a fraud.

Roonie's
12-18-2007, 09:53 AM
My guess is they paid out their quota for the year and will automatically reject anymore applications otherwise they lose money. Explains the false reasons why they rejected it.

Benny Boy
12-18-2007, 10:17 AM
I feel for you Pendo (or moderator 4, not sure how to call you :D ). I hope you fight this one to the bone if you feel the reason given by Cash Rewards is bogus. I'm a disapointed believer who's not sure he should still believe:rolleyes: (no comment TX.X-30 fan;) ).

curtisco24
12-18-2007, 10:30 AM
Does anybody think that MC knows this is going to go down, but does it anyway to make boats appear more affordable on the front end? On the back end, they just blame the other company.

TMCNo1
12-18-2007, 12:12 PM
Does anybody think that MC knows this is going to go down, but does it anyway to make boats appear more affordable on the front end? On the back end, they just blame the other company.

I think MasterCraft knows,

[Quote MYMC] FWIW, I have asked everyone that I know at both companies to look into this and this thread...that doesn't mean anything will happen, but I have asked

atlfootr
12-18-2007, 03:31 PM
I smell a future class action lawsuit!!

Hey wait a minute, don't we have a MC Dealer on this TTB :confused:
Maybe he, could shed some light on this :rolleyes:

PendO
12-18-2007, 04:07 PM
Hey wait a minute, don't we have a MC Dealer on this TTB :confused:
Maybe he, could shed some light on this :rolleyes:

Atl - there is some threajacking going on and behind ths scenes jokes ... if I remember correctly sans2snow22 and I went to the same school (Gonzaga) - he for undergrad (engineering ??? correct me if I'm wrong) and me for for law school - and let me tell you, engineers make a helluva lot more than starting attorneys (which is why I don't practice and which is why I waited 5 years after school to take the exam)

HONESTLY - I would have neither the time nor the patience (nor the money) to pursue this in court as an individual ... all we are asking is to have our claim properly evaluated - if there was a mistake made on my dad's part, then fine, you keep the money, but if the paperwork was properly submitted we would just like what was promised ... and if more information is needed (like a copy of the check statement with the check clearing) then feel free to request it

Having posted copies of the documents I had thought that one of you would be able to point out why it was not paid out.

My dad has his cell phone turned on, and he did leave a message with someone at the 800# last Friday - he was told that they kept the documents locked up, so it would take appx. 2 weeks to get back to him

I am thankfull for the PM's I recieved from some of you, consumers and dealers

In the end my hope would be that MC would have some mechanism to help out the next person who needs clarity in resolving a rejected claim ... perhaps there will be some good that comes from our experience.

Casey

Roonie's
12-18-2007, 04:29 PM
if I remember correctly sans2snow22 and I went to the same school (Gonzaga) - he for undergrad (engineering ??? correct me if I'm wrong) and me for for law school - and let me tell you, engineers make a helluva lot more than starting attorneys (which is why I don't practice and which is why I waited 5 years after school to take the exam)

My wife and I are both Gonzaga U grads.:banana:

sand2snow22
12-18-2007, 04:42 PM
Pendo, it was biology and I bet fisheries biologists start less than engineers, too :) Roonie's what year did you and your wife graduate?

Roonie's
12-18-2007, 06:35 PM
graduated class of 95 both same year. We met at college as we were both in Catherine Monica dorms. How about you?

PendO
12-18-2007, 07:48 PM
Pendo, it was biology and I bet fisheries biologists start less than engineers, too :) Roonie's what year did you and your wife graduate?

Biology, heck I got a BS in Biology from a little school in S. Idaho - so I know what you mean with wages ... I know that Ryan (BearX1) went to Gonzaga about the same time as you guys ... I went there fall of 98 thru spring 2001

Ric
12-18-2007, 08:11 PM
so youre tellin me that Casey is moderator4 ?

roddydog
12-18-2007, 08:39 PM
Get a good Lawyer............................Doug???

TX.X-30 fan
12-18-2007, 09:04 PM
Atl - My dad has his cell phone turned on, and he did leave a message with someone at the 800# last Friday - he was told that they kept the documents locked up, so it would take appx. 2 weeks to get back to him
Casey

Even an ignorant, uneducated, dim-witted, short-bus riding southern boy like myself could do better that that! :D

PendO
12-20-2007, 05:16 PM
Just got off the phone with a representaive from Cash Rewards ... a $10,000 check is on the way to Spokane ... overnight.

When we called the 800 number last friday that was the phone number for the ITPA (Independent Thrid Party Administrator) ... apparently they are a huge company, which is why it was going to take some time for them to look into the claim

The lady from Cash Rewards who I spoke with came across the original thread b/c a friend of hers found it searching on the internet ....

That was the first time that Cash Rewards knew that a we had a problem (finding the thread) ...

The representative from Cash Rewards began to look into the matter before there was any contact from MasterCraft ... and she discovered that the claim was initially approved, but that the wrong notice was sent from the ITPA to Cash Rewards

So, it did work for us, and I am very thankfull for the expediency and professionalism .... in resolving the confusion and initial rejection. (Don't get me wrong, I would have loved the check last Friday, But I am ecstatic to have it resolved this quickly)

In the future if anyone has a problem with the Cash Rewards program it would seem better to go thru Cash Rewards and not the ITPA ... as Cash Rewards is able to get in touch with the right people at the ITPA much sooner than you or I.

So, when the check comes tomorrow I will post it up, and when the boat show rolls around Spokane ... I'm sure my dad will use the program if he chooses to replace his boat ... or maybe I can convince him to give me some to pay down my loan on the 197:)

Regardless, I do think the program works ... when I received a PM from someone at MC the other day they stated that they believed in the program 110% ... and my answer was that while I did not at the present believe in the program, I did belive in MasterCraft 110%, so I was optimistic that it would all work out.

Thank you Cash Rewards and MasterCraft.

Casey

east tx skier
12-20-2007, 05:21 PM
The representative from Cash Rewards began to look into the matter ... and she discovered that the claim was initially approved, but that the wrong notice was sent from the ITPA to Cash Rewards

Maybe they only have one form for notice. Hahaha!

Glad it all worked out for you, Pendo f/k/a M ... nah, just kidding.

corey
12-20-2007, 06:11 PM
Congrats!!!

76S&S
12-20-2007, 06:29 PM
All's well that ends well.......

Congrats

Ric
12-20-2007, 06:51 PM
we will need a copy of the check posted here sir

André
12-20-2007, 06:52 PM
Congrats pendo!!!
So starting this thread has nothing to do with the new outcome???:rolleyes:

Sodar
12-20-2007, 07:00 PM
Congrats pendo!!!

EXACTLY!! The squeaky wheel gets the grease!

PendO
12-20-2007, 07:20 PM
Congrats pendo!!!

Actually, I think the thread has a lot to to with the expediency of the outcome, but I will trust that the outcome would have been the same had I handled it thru the mail ...

Had the lady @ cash rewards not heard about the thread from a friend of hers, I expect that MC would have gotten ahold of them and helped sort it out - but in the end Cash Rewards took the ball and ran with it once they knew there was a problem.

Guys, I know there are those who are skeptical ... especially considering you have been able to live this experience real time and experience some of the emotion included.

In PM's with Mike (who helped take this to the "top" of the food chain at MC) I believe I was just the unlucky person who had human error creep into the process.

I am just thankful that it worked out the way that it was supposed to, and if any of you have a problem ... know that there are those people on this board who have access to the people who can help find a solution.

Ulitimately I think the solution happend so quickly b/c if you went to google/yahoo (or some other search engine) and typed in "mastercraft cash rewards" you came up with this thread ... and the Cash Rewards representative's friend came across the thread and she looked into it without hearing from myself or mastercraft (and by the time MC did get in touch with Cash Rewards, they knew of the problem)

I'm sure that this is an important vehicle for MC to help sell units ... heck, I bought my last phone b/c it had a $200 off and a $50 rebate.

Ultimately I should not have posted from my M4 account - for that I appologize.

I'm not sure what everyone will take away from our experience, either that 1. it works if you do everything right and/or 2. If it is rejected in a letter it may not actually be correct.

I hope that going into boat show season that our experience will make people comfortable with using the program and that it will also make people understand that even if you have never met someone in person, and even if you have not purchased a boat from a particular dealer, there are a few MC dealers on this site who are a great service to the brand and a great service to us.

Thanks

(now I have to finish my office work for the day)

WTRSK1R
12-20-2007, 07:34 PM
Casey,
Glad to hear that it worked out for you and your dad. Hopefully no one else will need to go through the same emotions you did.

jaysus
12-20-2007, 07:39 PM
Alright Pendo! Glad to hear it worked out.

Merry Xmas or the p.c. "happy holidays".

JohnE
12-20-2007, 07:59 PM
Congrats, PendO.

If you believe that everything happens for a reason, it is so that we all could find out that you are Moderator 4. At least last week, as I know it changes every so often.;) :D

Really makes me wish I bought a new MC 3 years ago...........:o

Leroy
12-20-2007, 08:03 PM
OK, so it is legit!

Congrats Casey!

Footin
12-20-2007, 08:06 PM
I REALLY think the check should be endorsed and sent directly to me.

H20BOY
12-20-2007, 10:03 PM
Congrats on the check. Glad to hear it worked out for you, it makes me more confident for when I have to send in mine.

wakolman
12-20-2007, 10:10 PM
I hate rebates. I am a stickler for sending them in and always get my money. I had one anti-virus software company that tried to reject my rebate claim two years in a row. I got it both times, but am done messing with them.

Glad to hear that for the people who can read and follow through with the instructions, that it works like it should.

Pendo, do you or anyone else know if this 10 large is going to be counted as income? Do they 1099 ya? The tax bite is bigger for those with the higher incomes...

H20BOY
12-20-2007, 10:21 PM
From what I have read and what my dealer told me this is not income and no 1099.

TX.X-30 fan
12-21-2007, 01:44 AM
OK, so it is legit!

Congrats Casey!

I believe it is legit, only if one has several well know dealers and the actual boat company making contacts on your behalf. Absolutely no ill will towards PendO because he did what it took and I respect his balls for that.

The original post about a check being paid was scam and was reinforced many times. I googled it my self and the post was in the first 5 or so???

I was under the assumption that to get on the first page of Google it took some Denaros?

Does anyone honestly believe this claim would have been paid under normal circumstances?? Not a chance in hell!!!!

Congratulations PendO.

milkmania
12-21-2007, 05:53 AM
Congrats Pendo!

I refrained from posting in this thread, hoping that it would ultimately work out for you. I was discouraged to see that there was no appeal process, but dismissed it.
I'm sure you guys had front seat on that emotional roller coaster, and I'm glad it worked out for you. Great Christmas present to boot!

I'm guessing that those web-bot web crawlers that are logged in as quests really do have their place in internet society.

The drinks are still on you8p

Roonie's
12-21-2007, 09:10 AM
Very nice and glad to see the program works. Hate to see MC endorsing a company that could of turned out to be fraudulent. We all love MC.

Benny Boy
12-21-2007, 02:58 PM
Man oh man! Did I ever laugh of joy and hapiness when I read your claim was approved. I'm really glad for you Pendo! I hope some people will have the balls to pull back some of the words they said about this program and MasterCraft endorsing it.;)

Happy Holidays!

Tomorrow is my last day of work for 2 weeks. Off to the ski hill (alpine for those lucky of you who don't have a clue about snow) :toast: :dance: :banana:

jaysus
12-21-2007, 03:52 PM
TX X30

The only time a googled result is an advertisement is if it's the highlighted result at the top of the page that says "sponsored link" or on the right part of the page that says "sponsored link".

PendO
12-21-2007, 06:12 PM
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u139/06Prostar197/cashrewardscheck2.jpg

sand2snow22
12-21-2007, 06:42 PM
X-Mas is looking a little better for you!! Even if you are at the bottom of the hill. So much for not being appealable.

Congrats!! :D

TMCNo1
12-21-2007, 08:32 PM
Congrats Pendo!

I refrained from posting in this thread, hoping that it would ultimately work out for you. I was discouraged to see that there was no appeal process, but dismissed it.
I'm sure you guys had front seat on that emotional roller coaster, and I'm glad it worked out for you. Great Christmas present to boot!

I'm guessing that those web-bot web crawlers that are logged in as quests really do have their place in internet society.

The drinks are still on you8p

I'm with Milk and he said it better than I could. I just sat back waiting and hoping that cooler heads prevailed and the right people would step up to the plate and do what was right on your behalf. I am thrilled for you and your father in the fact it did work out and we now see the check, Congratulations!

mtrask
12-24-2007, 07:18 AM
Great for you, Makes me feel better that you got your $10k!!

Good to see the positive stuff!!

Congrats & Happy Holidays to you and your family!!

sand2snow22
01-05-2008, 08:05 PM
A little birdie told me a local family purchased 3 MC's 3 years ago. They were denied their cash rewards 3 X $10k this year. They sued the dealer, Mastercraft, and the cash rewards company in Texas. Supposedly they won or are about to win on a privacy act loop hole? I don't know if any of this is true, just what I heard.

TX.X-30 fan
01-05-2008, 08:25 PM
A little birdie told me a local family purchased 3 MC's 3 years ago. They were denied their cash rewards 3 X $10k this year. They sued the dealer, Mastercraft, and the cash rewards company in Texas. Supposedly they won or are about to win on a privacy act loop hole? I don't know if any of this is true, just what I heard.

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

PendO
01-05-2008, 08:37 PM
I'll belive someone got rejected if they post up the letter ... and I will believe that someone got accepted if they post up the letter and check

I know that when one dealer talked to MC ... he was told that they had paid out 100% of submitted claims in the past 6 months

I have spent my portion of the 10K ... and it was very enjoyable:)

TX.X-30 fan
01-05-2008, 09:16 PM
I know that when one dealer talked to MC ... he was told that they had paid out 100% of submitted claims in the past 6 months

YEAH. :purplaugh :purplaugh :purplaugh :purplaugh

mtrask
01-07-2008, 10:45 PM
I'll belive someone got rejected if they post up the letter ... and I will believe that someone got accepted if they post up the letter and check

I have spent my portion of the 10K ... and it was very enjoyable:)

PendO
It is not easy to have success.. Sometimes people do not no how to say congrats.
Congrats
Feel good about your success. The negitive feelings out there are just what it is!!
It was worth the work, but this fight is just what it is!!
Nice Job!!

Benny Boy
01-09-2008, 02:04 PM

If you don't know if it's true, then why write it on a thread with so many boiling heads:confused:

Diesel
01-09-2008, 02:34 PM
So just to be clear. Do the program instructions tell you to post up on TMC upon the first rejection in order to ensure you are paid?

In reading all this it is quite clear to me you would not have been paid had it not been for this thread.

What a scamm.

MYMC
01-09-2008, 05:25 PM
If you don't know if it's true, then why write it on a thread with so many boiling heads:confused:
Because it does exactly what it is intended to do...inflame. Hell, other than porn I personally believe that the internet was invented just for the purpose of being able to inflame/incite without the consequences of face-to-face interaction.

sand2snow22
01-10-2008, 03:51 AM

MYMC
01-10-2008, 10:35 AM
After reading through this I am convinced now more than ever that Johnson had Kennedy assassinated and quite possibly pulled the trigger himself. Feel free to pass this information along...I got it from a "reputable source"...the internet.

Maristar210
01-10-2008, 10:57 AM
Who's got a bucket?

"And this one time..... my friend.... he um aaaah he made this aaaaahhhhh..........rocket???????????

.......it was sooo kewl, anyways we ...... we ...... we......
aaaaahh........

I forgot what I was going to say?

TX.X-30 fan
01-10-2008, 10:35 PM
After reading through this I am convinced now more than ever that Johnson had Kennedy assassinated and quite possibly pulled the trigger himself. Feel free to pass this information along...I got it from a "reputable source"...the internet.

It was Casto, Damn MYMC wake up and smell the coffee!!!!!! 8p

MYMC
01-11-2008, 11:14 AM
It was Casto, Damn MYMC wake up and smell the coffee!!!!!! 8p
Casto?:rolleyes:

Oh, you mean Castro...he was on the "grassy knoll" counting all the money Cash Rewards screwed Lee Harvey out of...jeez man do some reading, pick up and Enquirer or something!

Chas
01-11-2008, 11:52 AM
Amazing! This type of program has come and gone from my industry over the years, and I haven't heard of anyone getting paid. So - congratulations! Enjoy the money!

I am going to post a link to this thread on a couple of other boards - not boat or boating related - and see if it might help some other folks to get paid.

PendO
11-28-2008, 12:48 PM
bump ... only read if you want to hear a real life example ... long live the king!

BHT
11-28-2008, 01:50 PM
Ok? Is there more info to follow?

snakeoil
11-28-2008, 02:04 PM
bump ... only read if you want to hear a real life example ... long live the king!

/I am a huge Elvis fan too.

//you sound like a really neat guy.

/// be nice to have a beer sometime.

//// Hope your Thanksgiving was great.

mcxfan
12-03-2008, 08:16 PM
Has somebody posted a step-by-step list of instructions to follow for this program
It may be helpful for others who may want to participate in the program.

snakeoil
12-03-2008, 10:26 PM
Has somebody posted a step-by-step list of instructions to follow for this program
It may be helpful for others who may want to participate in the program.

I think there would be a problem with bandwidth.

easy guy's its a joke.

I plan on using rewards in the spring, casey, mike and johne have me sold.