12-11-2007, 10:26 PM
Win a game????? ;) :D

tex
12-11-2007, 10:34 PM
what else can happen to the Falcons?
Can you say, I didn't sign up for this?

SunCoast 83
12-11-2007, 11:38 PM
Being a Tampa Bay fan, it's good for us next week.:) However, I don't think that Bobby realized what he was getting himself into when he took the job; Problems with Vick & the culture/players in the NFL. He regreated leaving Louisville Im sure. Lets face it, the Falcons are not typically a hotbed for on the field success.

SunCoast 83
12-11-2007, 11:40 PM

Atlanta is 3-10, it could be worse.....you could be the Miami Dolphins8p

KBryant2007
12-12-2007, 12:12 AM
We're pretty pumped about the move here in the Razorback Nation. There is a press conference tonight at 10:30 pm where he'll be announced as the Head Hog.

ShamrockIV
12-12-2007, 09:04 AM
Man how can u HAWG fans be pumped?
How can u believe anything he says?
did u hear his BS news conference?
"I have not had a conversation with Arkansas untill today"
who talks one day and then bails to go back to college?
U will not be real happy whenm he is getting spanked by SEC teams.
Arkansas schedule is a little tougher than Louisville's!!

Jim@BAWS
12-12-2007, 10:16 AM
I LUMP the Falcons together with some other
TEAMS that don't seem to give a crap who writes there paychecks

a) Dolphins
b) Raiders
c) Falcons
d) Yes even the BUCS. I know they have a good record. Only a Few players like Derrick Brooks and Allstot (sp) seem to give a damn. Seems like all the criminals get lumped together on these teams.

There is no I in TEAMWORK...

Jim@BAWS

lanier92prostar
12-12-2007, 10:50 AM
My only observation about this mess is that the media is all over Petrino for bailing on the Falcons, but what about the players bailing? If anyone saw the game on Monday, some of the high priced superstars quit in that game. Petrino should not have said he was staying, but he is not the only one to blame. If the players are quitting on him, then it is time for him to move along elsewhere. This franchise is a mess, has always been a mess, and probably will always be a mess.

JBaker
12-12-2007, 11:42 AM

I heard a great interview on ESPN yesterday. They were basically pointing out the fact that a lot of people failed and still fail to realize how valuable Michael Vick was.

I personally don't think people fail to realize it; they just fail to accept it.:twocents:

lanier92prostar
12-12-2007, 11:46 AM
I know he was a valuable player, I think people failed to realize the type of trouble he was in on a regular basis. I think they put too much stock in him without knowing the trouble he can cause. I sure wish they had known all of this before they traded Schaub.

Datdude
12-12-2007, 12:04 PM
People that quit like this really bother me. What happened to honoring a contract for MILLIONS OF DOLLARS??????????:mad:

QUITTERS SUCK

ShamrockIV
12-12-2007, 12:16 PM
Amen dude!!!!
Quitters SUCK!!!!
Is there no such thing as honoring a contract anymore?
Can we just break agreements willy nilly?

mitch
12-12-2007, 01:45 PM
People that quit like this really bother me. What happened to honoring a contract for MILLIONS OF DOLLARS??????????:mad:

QUITTERS SUCK

Thought the same thing when I read that, what a wuss

lanier92prostar
12-12-2007, 03:27 PM
Petrino does suck for quitting, but what about the players who quit on him?

JBaker
12-12-2007, 04:13 PM
Petrino does suck for quitting, but what about the players who quit on him?

Who quit on Petrino? Make no mistake about it, Petrino mismanaged and eventually quit on those players. :rant:

Veterans like Warrick Dunn have been giving it their all. He has amassed nearly 200 carries through 13 games; quite a toll on a 180 pound body that turns 32 next month. Young players have been contributing as well. Roddy White is exploding and has already doubled his output of a year ago. Norwood has taken full advantage of the opportunities he has been given. The Falcons are clearly not playing good football, even a fool can see this. But don’t let their lack of talent, player management and game planning be confused for a lack of effort.

Petrino was and is an amateur and handled his team accordingly:

He was too cowardly to even inform his own quarterback that he had lost his starting job. He let the media handle it.

His feuds with perennial pro-bowler DeAngelo Hall got way out of hand.

He cut one of his best players, Grady Jackson because he “wasn’t one of his guys.”

But hey, maybe those guys were black sheep. Jackson and Hall must have had it wrong and Petrino had it right. Alge Crumpler would beg to differ. Earlier in the season he openly wondered if Petrino was merely a college coach who got in way over his head. Looks like Crumpler knew it before any of us. There is a necessary “Phil Jackson” like quality that coaches today must at least appreciate. Not every college coach is going to be able to bond with and lead young mega-millionaires; often ego-maniac mega-millionaires. Petrino is a quitter and an amateur and he belongs in the amateur ranks at a luke-warm program. Arkansas should be a beautiful fit. :rant:

JBaker
12-12-2007, 04:13 PM
Oops, double post.