PDA

View Full Version : Roommates

JoshBuzz
12-11-2007, 08:26 PM
Rant.

So I've got these two roommates, one is a pretty cool guy, studies, hangs out with friends, plays soccer, normal.

The other one is a douche. no easy way to put it. he's 6'2" 320 lbs, out of shape, plays video games on my t.v. all day, and is just a genuine slob. he thinks he can walk on try out for the A&M football team. we're bad, but not that bad...

This thread has been a long time running, and I need somewhere to rant. I'm highly allergic to peanuts, like deathly bad, and the other day he decides he's going to bake up some cookies with my milk, eggs, etc. all good, I get some of the cookies. He begins mixing and I ask what kind of cookies and he says peanut butter, sorry. Obviously knowing I'm allergic. We have a pretty small apartment, and something about cooking with peanut butter brings out the smell all over the place and makes my chest get tight and hard to breath. I ask him not to make the cookies and he keeps mixing saying the eggs will go bad if he doesn't cook them tonight. I freaked. yelled shouted, punched the wall and lost it. I've put up with this all semester, and this was the last straw, I couldn't take it. Went and called mom who was less than pleased, then went back downstairs and he apologized saying he put the mix in the fridge. end of story. He cooked them the next day and I had to leave the apt. I was most furious, but let that one go for the week.

Come to today. I've had finals all last week and today and yesterday, and took my last one today. Last night while I was studying he invited some of his friends over from work, he works at starbucks, prob the root of the problem right there, and they stay late and play video games and music excessively loud while I'm trying to study. I let it slide, cause honestly I don't care that much usually, I try and avoid confrontation. Well, this afternoon I mentioned that a few, 5, people are coming over to drink a little and hang out cause finals are over, and he freaks saying of all nights he didn't want people over tonight, no reason. he has work at 6, but a little preface, he won't go to sleep til 3, and people will already be gone, and we had a party for my birthday a couple weeks ago, loud, obnoxious, and crazy til about 4 and he had work at 6, and that was no problem. there was probably 55 people crammed inside and out of my small apt. I just needed to rant at the fact that he can have people over, when I have something to do in the morning, and I want to have people over, and he freaks out. I can't wait to move out of here and live with some friends!!

Rant over.

anyone else have roommate horror stories??

Maristar210
12-11-2007, 08:38 PM
Rant.

So I've got these two roommates, one is a pretty cool guy, studies, hangs out with friends, plays soccer, normal.

The other one is a douche. no easy way to put it. he's 6'2" 320 lbs, out of shape, plays video games on my t.v. all day, and is just a genuine slob. he thinks he can walk on try out for the A&M football team. we're bad, but not that bad...

This thread has been a long time running, and I need somewhere to rant. I'm highly allergic to peanuts, like deathly bad, and the other day he decides he's going to bake up some cookies with my milk, eggs, etc. all good, I get some of the cookies. He begins mixing and I ask what kind of cookies and he says peanut butter, sorry. Obviously knowing I'm allergic. We have a pretty small apartment, and something about cooking with peanut butter brings out the smell all over the place and makes my chest get tight and hard to breath. I ask him not to make the cookies and he keeps mixing saying the eggs will go bad if he doesn't cook them tonight. I freaked. yelled shouted, punched the wall and lost it. I've put up with this all semester, and this was the last straw, I couldn't take it. Went and called mom who was less than pleased, then went back downstairs and he apologized saying he put the mix in the fridge. end of story. He cooked them the next day and I had to leave the apt. I was most furious, but let that one go for the week.

Come to today. I've had finals all last week and today and yesterday, and took my last one today. Last night while I was studying he invited some of his friends over from work, he works at starbucks, prob the root of the problem right there, and they stay late and play video games and music excessively loud while I'm trying to study. I let it slide, cause honestly I don't care that much usually, I try and avoid confrontation. Well, this afternoon I mentioned that a few, 5, people are coming over to drink a little and hang out cause finals are over, and he freaks saying of all nights he didn't want people over tonight, no reason. he has work at 6, but a little preface, he won't go to sleep til 3, and people will already be gone, and we had a party for my birthday a couple weeks ago, loud, obnoxious, and crazy til about 4 and he had work at 6, and that was no problem. there was probably 55 people crammed inside and out of my small apt. I just needed to rant at the fact that he can have people over, when I have something to do in the morning, and I want to have people over, and he freaks out. I can't wait to move out of here and live with some friends!!

Rant over.

anyone else have roommate horror stories??

I banged a girl my roommate dated, he was po'd...... I grabbed my junk and said some of us got it !!! LOL

Other than that I can think of no other way to form a special bond with someone than to live with them.

Kudos to you Josh. You sound pretty cool headed.

Lasty, I have a peanut butter party but it sounds like you cannot attend :D

JoshBuzz
12-11-2007, 08:45 PM
haha, I might have the same problem, but this guy doesn't date... don't think it'll ever happen.

Thanks, and wish I could attend the peanut butter party, truly do, but it would require a few epi-pens, and some benadryl, haha.

On the cool headed part, for the most part I guess I am, all I care about is the lake, drinking, family, friends, mastercraft boats, and wakeboarding.

go figure!

03 35th Anniversary
12-11-2007, 08:46 PM
I banged a girl my roommate dated, he was po'd...... I grabbed my junk and said some of us got it !!! LOL

Other than that I can think of no other way to form a special bond with someone than to live with them.

Kudos to you Josh. You sound pretty cool headed.

Lasty, I have a peanut butter party but it sounds like you cannot attend :DMust of been a chuncky peanut butter loving girl..... 8p

03 35th Anniversary
12-11-2007, 08:48 PM
haha, I might have the same problem, but this guy doesn't date... don't think it'll ever happen.

Thanks, and wish I could attend the peanut butter party, truly do, but it would require a few epi-pens, and some benadryl, haha.

On the cool headed part, for the most part I guess I am, all I care about is the lake, drinking, family, friends, mastercraft boats, and wakeboarding.

go figure!Becareful he loves mayonaise to.......:D

JoshBuzz
12-11-2007, 09:04 PM
Not a huge fan of either think I'm safe!!

:D

No Skeez
12-11-2007, 09:14 PM
I can feel your pain. First off, I had four of the best roommates anyone could ask for in college. One of the kids was from a very well to do family, but you would never know it hanging out with him. His high school graduation present was a loaded Tahoe. His college graduation present was a lifted F-150 with 20s and all the goodies... Both were brand new off the lot. His parents paid for all 5 of us to go to Acapulco three years in a row, rented us a private villa, rented us a private suburban and driver for the week, the whole nine yards. Not that it's here nor there, but the last year we were there, the villa next to us had 25 sorority girls staying in it, and they were more concerned with getting an even tan than being modest... :D

Anywhoo, just to prove that it's not all fun and games, my current living situation is less than ideal. I graduated from college in December of 2005, and took a job in Madison, WI. To start, I subleased a bedroom from a friend of a friend near the UW campus. It was great for the first three weeks, mainly because only myself and one other guy were there since it was winter break. Not even a week after classes were back in session, one of the not so bright kids decides to light some candles to "set the mood" for him and his girlfriend. Long story short, burned the place down, and I was DARN lucky to get out alive, seeing as the slumlord who owned the place hadn't followed the city ordinances and hard wired the smoke detectors. Lost everything I had moved in, which luckily wasn't much. Got out alive, which is the most important.

Fast forward a year and a half. I now am renting form a friend who bought a house. She's cheap. Period. Her and her sister both have reputations for using people for anything and everything they can, and I was naive enough to think that I would be exempt from this. I went out and bought a $2000 TV and a $1000 stereo for the house. No one else has spent a dime on anything... I buy food and groceries and what not for myself, and the sisters eat my food right in front of me, without even a second thought. There was one bathroom in the house when she bought it. She had her dad and his friend come in and "halfass" one in the basement. Said bathroom now has a leaking toilet, going on week three. Bathroom #1, upstairs, is going on MONTH 6 without a functioning shower. All attempts to politely ask what sort of a time frame we may expect have been met with complete and utter displeasure. But rest not, landlord maxed out all 9 of her credit cards the day after thanksgiving on a new LCD tv for her room, amongst other clothes and what not.

To end my rant, I will mark this one down in the lesson learned column. Luckily I am month to month, and actively seeking a new alternative. My current attitude is keep your friends close but your enemies closer...

Sorry to hear of your misfortune Josh, but good luck with things next semester!

Oh yeah, sorry for so long of a post, but I had a lot to rant about...

cbryan70
12-11-2007, 09:24 PM
ohhh i got some...first year away at school i room with one of my past bestfriends and a random. Well we show up never met the guy random is a white guy with dreads. Im like ok whatever he was a really nice guy. Only problem both roommates are HUGE pot heads, im not a huge fan of pot never got into it. Well as the year goes old best friend is big .... thinks hes the greatest thing on earth and better then anyone. Other room mate hippy man was fine but his friends were another story. He basically had a clan of about 20 or so of them that were always over and had no respect for my place they would trash it and not clean up. Well finally around the end of the year finals week i have a big test. All his friends show up hippy not there so they take my couches out on the deck....they dont ask anyone. I LOST IT they were out there drinking and smoking. Well my neighbor IM's me and is like what the hell is going on im like i dont know. SO she asked ifshe could call the cops...of course i say GOO FOR IT. They are all underage all got drinking tickets. Lets just say the next couple weeks of school they wernt around much. I can care aless about boozing i was a big boozer in college had the greatest job ever at a liq store...got drunk every time i worked but people that dont have respect for you or YOUR place really finally got to me and i lost it

JoshBuzz
12-11-2007, 09:26 PM
haha, no apologies needed! I understand fully, the roommate in question here doesn't have a car he is so cheap, but also to lazy to get off his a*s and walk anywhere or take his bike. I am now a solicited taxi driver for him, which is not cool. They play XBox all the time, but when I try and turn the A/C on cause it's hot they freak out and yell at me and turn it off. when they are cold though, they can turn the heater up no problem!!

The toilet situation is a pain, i understand! we have one and a half bathrooms, and they clogged the upstairs bath. the shower is up now, and the toilet down. instead of calling in a repair, they let it sit stagnant. awesome. He spent all his grant money on an xBox 360 and a surround sound system for the place which is cool, but he doesn't have a car, and complains about being short on cash!

ugh. My friends are on the way over now, regardless what he says. when they show up with beer he can eat it, I don't really care what he says.

good luck on your housing situation!! Hopefully I'll be out of here at semester!!

JoshBuzz
12-11-2007, 09:29 PM
ohhh i got some...first year away at school i room with one of my past bestfriends and a random. Well we show up never met the guy random is a white guy with dreads. Im like ok whatever he was a really nice guy. Only problem both roommates are HUGE pot heads, im not a huge fan of pot never got into it. Well as the year goes old best friend is big .... thinks hes the greatest thing on earth and better then anyone. Other room mate hippy man was fine but his friends were another story. He basically had a clan of about 20 or so of them that were always over and had no respect for my place they would trash it and not clean up. Well finally around the end of the year finals week i have a big test. All his friends show up hippy not there so they take my couches out on the deck....they dont ask anyone. I LOST IT they were out there drinking and smoking. Well my neighbor IM's me and is like what the hell is going on im like i dont know. SO she asked ifshe could call the cops...of course i say GOO FOR IT. They are all underage all got drinking tickets. Lets just say the next couple weeks of school they wernt around much. I can care aless about boozing i was a big boozer in college had the greatest job ever at a liq store...got drunk every time i worked but people that dont have respect for you or YOUR place really finally got to me and i lost it

Would have done the same thing! I'm not a fan of pot, or any of the side affects, and more of the same with the friends, the ones he does have are as disrespectful as he is. he trashes the place constantly and I end up having to clean up when people are coming over while he sits and watches. beyond mad!

cbryan70
12-11-2007, 09:32 PM
That was the only thing i would yell at the hippy for and then his girlfriend would clean it up. at least she was nice and felt bad. I basically lived in my room the first year or went out somehow i still managed the best grades i ever got in college that year.

east tx skier
12-11-2007, 09:32 PM
Lasty, I have a peanut butter party but it sounds like you cannot attend :D

I just spit my drink all over my keyboard. Well played, Steve.

Josh, this dude obviously doesn't respect you. So as I see it, you have a couple of options.

1. Let him continue to rule the roost and move as soon as you can.
2. Have a big blow out in spite of his wishes and show him the same courtesy he's shown you; or
3. Whip his ***.

Realizing you're not even close to this guy's size, I recognize that this third option isn't going to work out for you, but from everything you described, he's not living in your apartment and you guys aren't sharing an apartment. You're living at his place. So even if it's just symbolic, you need to gain some upper hand in this situation or live only with wee people in the future.

/had a roommate try to pull this kind of crap once.
//quickly put him in his place.
///fed him peanut butter against his will. That's right! :cool:

atlfootr
12-11-2007, 09:39 PM
Oh yeah, sorry for so long of a post, but I had a lot to rant about...

You forgot to add this little guys :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

tex
12-11-2007, 09:39 PM
I had one in San Diego. She was pretty hot and had some kind of relation to one of the big wine producers. She pretty much just appeared at random times with all sorts of scum who she would disappear in her room to do god knows what for weed. When I went home for Christmas, I left a very expensive bottle of Bubbley for my other roomates. She found it and some of her friends drank part of it and left about a glass left in the bottom of the bottle in our fridge. She refused to pay for it and thought it was no big deal. She would get really stoned and come out of her room and hit on me. She was really hot but I could never get the scum out of my head! I thought about it but never did it! She finally bottomed out and moved out! Jeff and Lori Taschwer moved into her room. Some of you know them. The best exchange I ever made. They are great people!

88 PS190
12-11-2007, 09:50 PM
Just the general, roomie won't unload clean dishes, so he puts his in the sink, and not just one side, but in to both sides, so then I have to clean out half the sink just to get a side to wash on to get back in order.

Doesn't take the trash bag out to the dumpster even though he drives to work and class and its by his car, I walk to class and such so I go to my car much less often.

Gets offended if I cook and have dinner with friends and don't mention it, but doesn't buy food that is "edible" sorry but he buys alot of things like cheetos, chips, little smokey sausauges, HO-Ho's and microwave food, all things with Trans Fats, all things I do not eat, yet if I make potatoes chicken etc. etc. he wants in on it. I don't ask much if he really wants in buy a few pounds of chicken breats at the store, buy ground sirloin from time to time, and I'll make Chili... but this guy... man!

Ha ha, well the other roomie is a bit off normal too, but so am I, he's kind of a clean freak but is passive agressive as hell, which can be quite bothersome. To the extent that he'll purposely make more mess if something isn't as clean as he wants, which means if there are dishes in the sink he'll just purposefully make extra dishes and put them in the sink!

Rediculous, luckily I am only allergic to cigarette smoke, and that is just eye irritation so I don't have to ditch and run for an epipen when my roommate cooks, although the smells can make me gag... Cooking with the heat up too high making it burn, dropping food into the burners and not cleaning it out so it burns and makes arid smoke. etc.

03 35th Anniversary
12-11-2007, 09:50 PM
I had one in San Diego. She was pretty hot and had some kind of relation to one of the big wine producers. She pretty much just appeared at random times with all sorts of scum who she would disappear in her room to do god knows what for weed. When I went home for Christmas, I left a very expensive bottle of Bubbley for my other roomates. She found it and some of her friends drank part of it and left about a glass left in the bottom of the bottle in our fridge. She refused to pay for it and thought it was no big deal. She would get really stoned and come out of her room and hit on me. She was really hot but I could never get the scum out of my head! I thought about it but never did it! She finally bottomed out and moved out! Jeff and Lori Taschwer moved into her room. Some of you know them. The best exchange I ever made. They are great people!You could of called your wingman........ UMP.....8p

stuartmcnair
12-11-2007, 10:09 PM
I was very, very lucky. I had great roommates. First year random guy since I moved from Bama to Texas A&M. He was awesome. Funny and had a really hot senior sister.

Second year we stayed together in an apartment over in Bryan that turned into the hangout for all of our friends who were still in dorms. Only problem with that was we always seemed to get the keg trashcan that leaked so the carpet was always wet. THird year his best friend moved up so he was going to room with him and I had been asked by one of my best friends to get a place in the best apartment complex in College Station. Awesome views of the many sorority girls that lived there. Plus, one of his buddies was a stripper in Houston on the weekends and she would come over to show off new outfits and practice. That might have been my lowest GPA year and my girlfriend was not very happy whenever she came over to another girl naked in the living room - but who was I to refuse to help perfect her trade.

The next two years I had an incredibly hot blonde as a roommate. Still have that one. :D

Don't worry Josh, it will get better. Find someone that has the same interests as you but also has other things to do that you are not interested in so you don't spend all your time together.

Leroy
12-11-2007, 10:34 PM
I never had any roommate problems (but couple had problems with me :) get over it mommy's boys), but my son, freshman at IU just moved to a single dorm room last weekend as his roommate would stay up and play video games all night, never took a bath and would stink up the room. I'm sure there is more to the story, but met him for lunch today and his room looks good, but very small and he was very happy! He likes his own space and could not even sleep in the same room as his brother.

Fix the problem Josh, it never gets better....

tex
12-11-2007, 10:36 PM
I just spit my drink all over my keyboard. Well played, Steve.

Josh, this dude obviously doesn't respect you. So as I see it, you have a couple of options.

1. Let him continue to rule the roost and move as soon as you can.
2. Have a big blow out in spite of his wishes and show him the same courtesy he's shown you; or
3. Whip his ***.
Realizing you're not even close to this guy's size, I recognize that this third option isn't going to work out for you, but from everything you described, he's not living in your apartment and you guys aren't sharing an apartment. You're living at his place. So even if it's just symbolic, you need to gain some upper hand in this situation or live only with wee people in the future.

/had a roommate try to pull this kind of crap once.
//quickly put him in his place.
///fed him peanut butter against his will. That's right! :cool:

That's not the lawyer speaking, right?

Maristar210
12-11-2007, 10:45 PM
Buncha interesting responses.

Words for the wise from Uncle Steve:

Mikey
12-11-2007, 10:47 PM
I have had several bad roomates but here is one short story. Roomate was a good friend that I grew up with and was going through rough times so I let him stay on my couch for a little while until he could get back on his feet. Didnt make him pay rent, just asked him to keep the place clean and try his hardest to get a job. Well he was a slob and left my house trashed constantly and never looked for a job. After 2 months (supposed to be 2 weeks or so) I got tired of it and asked him how his job search was going and if he had any plans to find his own place. He said he got a few applications but nothing yet (applications were still sitting on the coffee table). Well the final straw was when my girlfriend and I came home from dinner to watch a romantic movie (I told him of my plan and asked him to go out somewhere for a while) and walked in the house there he was in the living room with some nasty ho from down the street makin babies on my couch. So much for the nice romantic evening. I then looked outside and there was my dog outside in the pouring rain and 35 degrees and thats when I really went through the roof. My dog never gets put outside unless he wants to go outside. I asked him why he put him out in the cold and rain and he said "I was gettin busy with my girl and that damn dog kept sniffing my *** " I then said well now you and your girl can get busy out in the cold and rain, I am going to leave for an hour and when I get back you and all of your crap that is strung all over my house better be gone. I came home, he was gone, and I havnt seen or heard from him in years. It sucks that I lost a childhood friend over the deal but he was taking advantage of my generosity and I grew tired of it. Bottom line is, dont let people take advantage of you and walk all over you or they will continue to do it. Stand your ground and tell him that you are not gonna take it anymore.

east tx skier
12-11-2007, 11:42 PM
That's not the lawyer speaking, right?

Obviously an absolute last resort, retreated to the bunker, grab the grenade around the neck sort of uncommon valor type move. No, the dude's 6'3 320. Sounds like Josh has a prison roommate. You know the choices in prison. Either beat arse or become his biatch.

I'd be allergic to peanut butter, too. :rolleyes:

east tx skier
12-11-2007, 11:45 PM
....I freaked. yelled shouted, punched the wall and lost it. I've put up with this all semester, and this was the last straw, I couldn't take it. Went and called mom who was less than pleased....

Get over it mommy's boys....

You slay me, Leroy.

88 PS190
12-11-2007, 11:45 PM
I think the way to deal with roommates is to just become more of a hard *** the worse they get.

They steal food, well eat anything good they buy.

They don't do dishes, add 10$ onto their portion of the water bill and don't tell them. Etc. Etc.

Ms. 03 35th Anniversary
12-12-2007, 12:40 AM
When I was in college I had my share of rude roommates. My first semester of college I decided to live with my best friend of 10 years. I thought it was going to be so much fun but then I realized that was a really bad idea. She started dating a new guy, ditched me everytime we made plans and then decided to sneak her boyfriend into our dorm room all the time. We had bunk beds in our room and one night she had sex with him in the bed above me. I ended our friendship and moved in with another girl I went to high school with. It started out okay but then she ate all of my food, left her stuff in the middle of the floor for me to trip on and never cleaned up after herself. I chewed her out and told her how I felt and then she moved out. The next year I decided to move into a suite with two girls I had never met before. Bad idea again. One of the girls was bipolar and would come in from her classes and start yelling and throwing stuff around. I felt like I had to walk on egg shells around her. I decided after that semester to move off campus with a girl I had went to high school with but wasn't really good friends. She would hide marijuana in our freezer and would smoke it in our bathroom of our apartment even after I asked her not to. She would always have her pot loving friends over, they ate all our food and would play loud music and talk really loud until early in the morning. She eventually moved out early and left me to pay the $600 rent by myself. About a year after she moved out she decided she wanted her share of the deposit we paid. I eventually got tired of her harassing phone calls and decided to let her have the deposit.

I guess you could say by the time I graduated from college, I was so sick of roommates and couldn't wait to move back home with the parents for a little while.

My best advice for you would be to confront him and stand up for yourself. Let him know that you pay rent and have just as much rights as he does!

Leroy
12-12-2007, 01:12 AM
Was I too tough Doug?

tie those apron strings for mommy....

You slay me, Leroy.

No Skeez
12-12-2007, 01:14 AM
Forgot to tell you guys one of my favorite roommate stories... Back when I was still living in the dorms, I had this "chubby" roommate that sat around all day, skipped his classes, ate anything and everything in sight, and played video games all day. Since he was so anti social, he hung out with the same three friends of his from high school week after week after week. So one weekend, he comes home fall down drunk. Both of our beds were lofted, except his was a home-made deal, i.e. no guard rail. Well chubby somehow meanders his way up the ladder, after a solid four minutes. Im doing everything I can to keep from cracking up at this point. So he finally makes it to up to his bed, and lays down on his back. Well sure enough, here comes the hiccups... And then, you guessed it! Kids pukes all over himself and his bed. Now is where I start to lose it. It's three in the morning, douche bag has just puked all over himself, has not gotten his lazy a$$ up to clean himself off, and now the room starts to smell. I went off. Our RA lived in the room next door, and I woke up him within about 2 minutes. Finally slammed the door in my roommates face and slept in our neighbors lazy boy for the rest of the night. I got back the next morning, and I had this ridiculous letter on my desk chair that he had written when he was still drunk trying to apologize. Boy do I wish I still had that letter!

Now is where it gets even better! Two weeks later, same thing happens, minus the puking on himself. Well again after staggering his large behind up the ladder, he throws himself down on his bed. I had just gotten home a little before, so Im not sober myself here, but just chillin with some chick watching a movie. Chubby starts rolling over one way, decides to come back the other way, and, sure enough, rolls his fat a$$ right off the side! The girl I was with absolutely lost it laughing! Find out the next day, both the RA next door AND the people that lived below us woke up to it! He had a bruise on his thigh the next day the size of a basketball!

JoshBuzz
12-12-2007, 02:46 AM
Mike, no one touches my Bombay, that would start a fist fight for sure!!

Stuart, where all did you live in College Station?? I'm at timber creek right now off of 29th and University right behind the hilton!

Leroy, I think I've already got a new place to stay, I had a buddy that didn't make it in college and I mgiht take his room, the extra 40 bucks a month would be worth it to have a clean place, and no arguments!!

Mikey that's hard luck, stinks to lose a friends over that stuff.

Prison roommates right, I ain't no biatch!

that's pretty rough Ms. 03, I would have given up on roommates long before all of that!!

sand2snow22
12-12-2007, 02:58 AM
At least at 320 he's good for something, ballast :rolleyes:
Get him and his fat girlfriend on the boat for us and take a picture of the wake!!

JoshBuzz
12-12-2007, 03:04 AM
take him to the lake with me? Never!! He'd drink my beer and not pay for it! and there is no way he's got a girlfriend. a boyfriend maybe, but definitely not a girlfriend!

TX.X-30 fan
12-12-2007, 09:35 AM
take him to the lake with me? Never!! He'd drink my beer and not pay for it! and there is no way he's got a girlfriend. a boyfriend maybe, but definitely not a girlfriend!

Hit him with a frying pan!!!!! :D Be sure he falls the other direction! ;)

TMCNo1
12-12-2007, 09:52 AM
I think the way to deal with roommates is to just become more of a hard *** the worse they get.

They steal food, well eat anything good they buy.

They don't do dishes, add 10$ onto their portion of the water bill and don't tell them. Etc. Etc.

Buy a lot of stuff to eat with chocolate chips in it, hide Ex-Lax in the food you buy that he'll eat and hide the toilet paper, he'll get the message or crap himself to death. If you make my life miserable, I'll make yours miseable too!

fintek9
12-12-2007, 02:02 PM
Who needs roommates??? I got 4 kids that do the same thing, Don't help out with nothing hardly, Eat all the food, Don't do dishes, laundry, dirty the place up, don't help with the bills, That's a useless roommate for you!!!
I'd kick em out but I have to wait a few more years!!;):rolleyes::D:

Kids..... got ta love em!!!:D

Mikey
12-12-2007, 02:09 PM
Who needs roommates??? I got 4 kids that do the same thing, Don't help out with nothing hardly, Eat all the food, Don't do dishes, laundry, dirty the place up, don't help with the bills, That's a useless roommate for you!!!
I'd kick em out but I have to wait a few more years!!

Kids..... got ta love em!!!

Sounds to me like you need to run a little tighter ship there Captain.;) :D

tex
12-12-2007, 02:11 PM
I'd kick em out but I have to wait a few more years!!;):rolleyes::D:

Kids..... got ta love em!!!:D
Scene control!

sand2snow22
12-12-2007, 02:16 PM
Buy a lot of stuff to eat with chocolate chips in it, hide Ex-Lax in the food you buy that he'll eat and hide the toilet paper, he'll get the message or crap himself to death. If you make my life miserable, I'll make yours miseable too!

Yes, or if my memory serves me correctly from college chemistry, give him a little methy-ethyl red in one of his drinks. He'll be peeing red all the way to the hospital. He won't have anything wrong, but it should get rid of him for awhile!!

Sodar
12-12-2007, 02:23 PM
I think what it comes down to, is roommates are part of the college experience. Everyone has had horror stories... me included! Deal with it and move on. It is a hit or miss thing. Some people room with others and that roommate becomes a life long friend.... others never speak to them after graduation!

Monte
12-12-2007, 02:28 PM
I had a roomate in college for two weeks... He was a FREAK.. Once I found that out... I lived in an apartment by myself... End of story

sand2snow22
12-12-2007, 02:33 PM
I think what it comes down to, is roommates are part of the college experience. Everyone has had horror stories... me included! Deal with it and move on. It is a hit or miss thing. Some people room with others and that roommate becomes a life long friend.... others never speak to them after graduation!

Word, some of my college roommates are still my really good friends....The bad ones, not so much....

Sodar
12-12-2007, 02:34 PM
When I was in college I had my share of rude roommates. My first semester of college I decided to live with my best friend of 10 years. I thought it was going to be so much fun but then I realized that was a really bad idea. She started dating a new guy, ditched me everytime we made plans and then decided to sneak her boyfriend into our dorm room all the time. We had bunk beds in our room and one night she had sex with him in the bed above me. I ended our friendship and moved in with another girl I went to high school with. It started out okay but then she ate all of my food, left her stuff in the middle of the floor for me to trip on and never cleaned up after herself. I chewed her out and told her how I felt and then she moved out. The next year I decided to move into a suite with two girls I had never met before. Bad idea again. One of the girls was bipolar and would come in from her classes and start yelling and throwing stuff around. I felt like I had to walk on egg shells around her. I decided after that semester to move off campus with a girl I had went to high school with but wasn't really good friends. She would hide marijuana in our freezer and would smoke it in our bathroom of our apartment even after I asked her not to. She would always have her pot loving friends over, they ate all our food and would play loud music and talk really loud until early in the morning. She eventually moved out early and left me to pay the $600 rent by myself. About a year after she moved out she decided she wanted her share of the deposit we paid. I eventually got tired of her harassing phone calls and decided to let her have the deposit.

I guess you could say by the time I graduated from college, I was so sick of roommates and couldn't wait to move back home with the parents for a little while.

My best advice for you would be to confront him and stand up for yourself. Let him know that you pay rent and have just as much rights as he does!

How about that roommate you got now?!?! I hear he is a real Peice of Work!!!

I hear he steals your clothes and wears your make-up all the time!

Ms. 03 35th Anniversary
12-12-2007, 02:40 PM

I hear he steals your clothes and wears your make-up all the time! Yeah, he is a piece of work all right! I get tired of him stealing all my clothes and then he makes me do all the laundry!!!!

Sodar
12-12-2007, 02:45 PM
Yeah, he is a piece of work all right! I get tired of him stealing all my clothes and then he makes me do all the laundry!!!!

Tell that POS to get off his gurney and do his own damn laundry!

Next time you wash his boxers, rub peanut butter in them. I know it makes him feel at home to be sitting in some creamy peanut butter all day long.

Ms. 03 35th Anniversary
12-12-2007, 02:51 PM
Well he hates peanut butter! He doesn't even let me keep peanut butter in the house.

Ms. 03 35th Anniversary
12-12-2007, 02:52 PM
I'm doing his laundry right now as we speak. I should put some peanut butter in his boxers when they come out of the dryer.

stuartmcnair
12-12-2007, 02:54 PM
Stuart, where all did you live in College Station?? I'm at timber creek right now off of 29th and University right behind the hilton!

I lived in Treehouse Village for a while. Best views in town :) . Then my fiance now wife and I rented a three bedroom house in Bryan that was very nice.

pram
12-12-2007, 03:09 PM

I hear he steals your clothes and wears your make-up all the time!

I heard that too, it must be true if two of us heard the same thing

pram
12-12-2007, 03:10 PM
I'm doing his laundry right now as we speak. I should put some peanut butter in his boxers when they come out of the dryer.

Heck, give em to him wet and full of Peanut Butter, that's how he likes em

RexDog1
12-12-2007, 03:29 PM

# 1 DON’T sleep on your stomach ………………….:eek3:
# 2 Move out ASAP, then kick his A$$
#3 Get a girl8p as a roommate, you may not have a shot at her ….but she will have friends:rolleyes: :D

03 35th Anniversary
12-12-2007, 03:40 PM
Heck, give em to him wet and full of Peanut Butter, that's how he likes emI'm confident she won't. She knows who the Boss is....... :D

Maristar210
12-12-2007, 03:43 PM
My husband is a laid up useless non laundry doing waste of space, but he took me to Sandals and lets me explore my inner being

I agree with the useless part. As for the Sandals thing, well he musta had a coupon (cheap bast***)

stuartmcnair
12-12-2007, 03:43 PM
I confident she won't. She knows who the Boss is....... :D

oh my.......

JoshBuzz
12-12-2007, 03:55 PM
# 1 DON’T sleep on your stomach ………………….:eek3:
# 2 Move out ASAP, then kick his A$$
#3 Get a girl8p as a roommate, you may not have a shot at her ….but she will have friends:rolleyes: :D

Best advice yet!! I knew you'd come through for me Rex!! Time to go hunting for a new roommate!!

Mikey
12-12-2007, 04:19 PM
Best advice yet!! I knew you'd come through for me Rex!! Time to go hunting for a new roommate!!

I would recommend starting your search for a new roomate at your local cabaret.:D

JoshBuzz
12-12-2007, 04:22 PM
haha, I actually don't think there's any in College Station! Time to hit the bars though!!

:D

03 35th Anniversary
12-12-2007, 04:24 PM
I would recommend starting your search for a new roomate at your local cabaret.:DNow thats a plan!!!!! :D

SkiDog
12-12-2007, 04:25 PM
I dare ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ms. 03 35th Anniversary
12-12-2007, 06:22 PM
I'm confident she won't. She knows who the Boss is....... :D Yeah, he thinks he's the boss but he's not! I just let him keep thinking that! He might wear the pants in our relationship but I control the zipper!

Ms. 03 35th Anniversary
12-12-2007, 06:24 PM
I agree with the useless part. As for the Sandals thing, well he musta had a coupon (cheap bast***) He took me to Sandals because he had a free trip from using his sky miles on his American Express! He didn't even have a coupon!

M-Funf
12-12-2007, 06:38 PM
He took me to Sandals because he had a free trip from using his sky miles on his American Express! He didn't even have a coupon!

What a cheap SOB! Is his motto: "if it ain't free, it ain't for me"?

Ms. 03 35th Anniversary
12-12-2007, 06:45 PM
What a cheap SOB! Is his motto: "if it ain't free, it ain't for me"?I have to admit he isn't really cheap. He drops money all the time, especially when it comes to adding onto his boat. Sometimes I think he loves that boat more than me!

M-Funf
12-12-2007, 06:51 PM
I've had my share of good and bad roommates.

In college, I spent my first year in the dorm. I shared the room with somebody I knew from home. We were both 21, which made it easier. That year was pretty good. I met a "nice" girl while living there. She didn't want a relationship, but we saw each other all the time :D

The following three years we lived in a house with 5 people. The other three were guys we also knew from our hometown. We were all studying Engineering. One of the guys was really cheap, but we'd get money from him one way or another.

I can't remember the number of times I came home to the cheap guy boinkin' his girl in our room...At first, I would apologize for walking in and leave. That got old quick. I started to just say hello, sit at my desk and start studying...they got the message.

My fifth year (:o ) I landed a place that had a private bedroom (I had always shared before). It was in a finished basement of a new house. The other guys were pretty strange. One was this cowboy guy from Piru who grew up on a cattle ranch. He always dressed and acted like a tough cowboy, but I think he was...well, you know...

Once when I came home late, I hear the TV playing loud. I open the door, and he shoots me in the leg with a rubber bullet from his Ruger :mad: Raised a welt the size of a golf ball. I pummeled him for about 10 minutes, broke his nose and cut his lip in a few places. Things were a bit stressed for the rest of the year, but he had it coming.

M-Funf
12-12-2007, 06:52 PM
I have to admit he isn't really cheap. He drops money all the time, especially when it comes to adding onto his boat. Sometimes I think he loves that boat more than me!

O.K...we'll let him slide this time. Sounds like he needs to drop a little money on you ;)

That always works for me when I want to buy more stuff for the boat

What was it that Ron White said? "Diamonds...That'll shut her up.......................for a minute"

Ms. 03 35th Anniversary
12-12-2007, 06:57 PM
Wow, it sounds like you had some interesting roommates too! LOL! When my roommate decided to have sex with her boyfriend in the bed above me, I confronted her the next day and told her she needed to stop putting out like Betty Crocker! What was really bad about the situation was the fact that she weighed about 200 pounds and he weighed about 300 pounds. It was really scary and all I could think about was the bed coming crashing down on top of me! LOL! I live with my boyfriend now and I would take living with him over any of the crazy roommates I had while I was in college.

Ms. 03 35th Anniversary
12-12-2007, 07:02 PM
O.K...we'll let him slide this time. Sounds like he needs to drop a little money on you ;)

That always works for me when I want to buy more stuff for the boat

What was it that Ron White said? "Diamonds...That'll shut her up.......................for a minute" He bought me a dog instead of diamonds. I get to clean up after the dog, train him and put up with him chewing on everything in the house. I guess that's better than diamonds! LOL

tex
12-12-2007, 07:19 PM
Before I left to SW San Diego, some skiers had phoned me in Texas and asked me to move in with them. They had lost a roomate and needed another. I got out there and found out that they just needed somebody to finish out the month. One was leaving to ski in another show in the states and one was headed back to school. The other had worked a deal out to live with someone else. I was stuck w/o a place to live and didn't really know any of the other skiers. No one really stepped up to help out the new guy. The show director finally let me sublet his place while I was looking for a place. He spent most of the time at his girlfriend's. It was a last minute thing and I was close to being on the street. Finally somebody lost a roomate and I moved into a place with a skier and the crazy chick and a couple of other locals. I promised myself that I would never let this happen to another skier. Whenever a skier came to town, I put them up in my place for free until they found a pad. I just asked that they shout me some beer! I still have great friends left over from this practice!

JoshBuzz
12-12-2007, 07:40 PM
Mike,

there's that southern hospitality for ya hah! I can't wait to get my own place next year, looks like I might just be stuck here for another semester but it's all good.

Last night people came over, and my roommate flipped, told me he needed to talk to me(there was a struggle here haha), and then told my friends they had to leave, I threw some stuff and left with my friends. came back home at 1 and they were all piss drunk. I laughed at them, then continued to cause trouble. Told em I was going to move out, and they freaked of course.

on a worse note, I'm out of Bombay...

:(

milkmania
12-12-2007, 07:43 PM
I had a roomate in college for two weeks... He was a FREAK.. Once I found that out... I lived in an apartment by myself... End of story
oh come on man!

throw us a bone here...
let us be the judge about what a freak he was;)

(it's gonna be a long winter)

milkmania
12-12-2007, 07:46 PM
Well he hates peanut butter! He doesn't even let me keep peanut butter in the house.

yeah yeah yeah, that's how it always is.......

trust me, he's hiding the peanut butter somewhere!

look for loose floor boards, loose carpeting, etc... and be sure to check the toilet tank, check the access hole for the attic!

addicts can be very crafty8p

tex
12-12-2007, 08:40 PM
Mike,

there's that southern hospitality for ya hah! I can't wait to get my own place next year, looks like I might just be stuck here for another semester but it's all good.

Last night people came over, and my roommate flipped, told me he needed to talk to me(there was a struggle here haha), and then told my friends they had to leave, I threw some stuff and left with my friends. came back home at 1 and they were all piss drunk. I laughed at them, then continued to cause trouble. Told em I was going to move out, and they freaked of course.

on a worse note, I'm out of Bombay...

:(
I'll mix one up!

JoshBuzz
12-12-2007, 08:48 PM
haha, I've still got the rum, so mix up that martini and have one for me eh?!

tex
12-12-2007, 09:07 PM
haha, I've still got the rum, so mix up that martini and have one for me eh?!
It's wonderful!!!!

Monte
12-12-2007, 10:50 PM
oh come on man!

throw us a bone here...
let us be the judge about what a freak he was

(it's gonna be a long winter)

A. Dorm Room
B. TV was on
C. It was late night
D. The girl I was seeing whispered "oh my gosh look at the sheets bounce":o :confused: :rolleyes: :(

E. There was nobody in the bed with him

SkiDog
12-14-2007, 11:20 AM
A. Dorm Room
B. TV was on
C. It was late night
D. The girl I was seeing whispered "oh my gosh look at the sheets bounce

E. There was nobody in the bed with him
Did she get up and go help him?!:D :D ;)

Monte
12-14-2007, 11:26 AM
Did she get up and go help him?!

No...

We got up and left:mad:

Nasty f******:mad:

I got a new apt the next day:D

TMCNo1
12-14-2007, 11:45 AM
No...

We got up and le

Nasty f******:mad:

I got a new apt the next day

Awe come on, he was just studying for a Biology exam, Jeeeeeeez!:rolleyes: :D :uglyhamme

Sodar
12-14-2007, 11:51 AM
Awe come on, he was just studying for a Biology exam, Jeeeeeeez!:rolleyes: :D :uglyhamme

Anatomy... you always have to study the Anatomy! :uglyhamme

Monte
12-14-2007, 11:56 AM

It gave me the heebeejeebees:noface:

tex
12-14-2007, 12:00 PM
When I was skiing in Germany, 4 of us skiers got put in 2 small rooms that were connected by a half wall. It was a long and skinny room that had small beds built into the walls. You could jump from one bed to the other. Well you can imagine that all 4 of us had girls overnight on more than one occassion. We would just take turns and everybody else would just act like we were asleep. We got to know a lot about each other and each other's assorted women! Good Times Good Times!

Ric
12-14-2007, 12:13 PM
All great stories. Josh it's my belief that what you learn in college is wayy more than what you get out of a book!

You are learning about aggies right now. Get used to it.

Mikey
12-14-2007, 12:19 PM
When I was skiing in Germany, 4 of us skiers got put in 2 small rooms that were connected by a half wall. It was a long and skinny room that had small beds built into the walls. You could jump from one bed to the other. Well you can imagine that all 4 of us had girls overnight on more than one occassion. We would just take turns and everybody else would just act like we were asleep. We got to know a lot about each other and each other's assorted women! Good Times Good Times!

I heard them German women were freaks, but I didnt know they were like that. :D 8p

Ric
12-14-2007, 12:29 PM
ya mikey, German bedjumpers.... Cuhrazzzy!

88 PS190
12-14-2007, 12:29 PM
We got to know a lot about each other and each other's assorted women! Good Times Good Times!

Ha ha ha, that really reminds me of the roommate I would consider to have been the best roommate I had.

One evening I was going to bed early before a test, and suddenly get woken up at about 2 AM to him stumbling into the room with his bar skank. Now this would have been ackward and annoying except one thing.

This girl was about 4 9, asian and her lower eyelids were so full you could see the insides on em. I just suppressed a laugh rolled over and promptly fell asleep, I could imagine the evening he was going to have, and it was hilarious enough that when I woke up in the morning I couldn't wait to hit this guy and see what all transpired. So I roll over, he's on the futon, his bed was empty. I throw a pillow at him, ends up after their encounter (which he described as thunk) he had gone down the hall and hung out with some of our friends till she had passed out, then went and slept on the futon.

To this day I can still get him for that one. I would have let it go as just the worst random hook up ever, but it ends up she's from his hometown and he'd met her before... two thumbs down and a big gag.