PDA

View Full Version : Concept2 rowing machine

André
12-09-2007, 06:23 PM
Anyone use one of them?
Any feedback? Is the PM4 a good upgrade or not?
Missed a great deal on a used model E yesterday.
Factory is 2 hrs away in Vermont and thinking of going there to save on shipping and outrageous UPS brokerage fees for delivering half an hour north of the border.
Resale value seems as good as a Mastercraft!:)
https://www2.concept2.com/VIA/index.jsp

east tx skier
12-09-2007, 08:42 PM
I think BrianM had one, but I could be wrong. The guys over at Nicholls seem to be all about rowers.

TNH2oSkier
12-09-2007, 09:50 PM
We have a couple at our health club. I use it about 3 days a week when I am in town. Its a great work out.

BrianM
12-10-2007, 10:04 AM
I think BrianM had one, but I could be wrong. The guys over at Nicholls seem to be all about rowers.
I seriously looked at one but didn't pull the trigger because of space. The house we live in now is just too small and although the C2s do fold up it just wouldn't work. Great machines though. Supposedly the best workout to get in ski shape. Like Eastie said lots of people on the Nichols site are into them. Resale value is amazing especially for a piece of excercise equipement.

André
12-30-2007, 11:22 AM
Drove to the factory last Wednesday to pick up my new rower.
When i got there i was offered a "used" rower that was back from a photoshoot.I took a long look closely to it and just couldn't find any scratch or dings,nothing.It was in brand new condition!!!
They had about a dozen "used" machines there.
End up paying 725$ for model D with PM3.That's 125$ less then a new one and i couldn't tell one from the other and those machines are commercial grade!
Already put about 15k on it so far.Great workout for both aerobic and stretching muscles!Never rowed a competition boat but the movement seems very similar!
I like it! If you thought about getting one,go for it.Ask Dena at sales about the "used" ones! At 725$, you could ALWAYS resale it near you!

Monte
12-30-2007, 11:54 AM
When i got there i was offered a "used" rower that was back from a photoshoot.I took a long look closely to it and just couldn't find any scratch or dings,nothing.It was in brand new condition!!!
They had about a dozen "used" machines there.
End up paying 725$ for model D with PM3.That's 125$ less then a new one and i couldn't tell one from the other and those machines are commercial grade!
Already put about 15k on it so far.Great workout for both aerobic and stretching muscles!Never rowed a competition boat but the movement seems very similar!
I like it! If you thought about getting one,go for it.Ask Dena at sales about the "used" ones! At 725$, you could ALWAYS resale it near you!

I like it! Good workout equipment.. Wish I had the space.. I'm afraid mine would wind up in the garage...

André
12-30-2007, 02:40 PM
I like it! Good workout equipment.. Wish I had the space.. I'm afraid mine would wind up in the garage...
You can easily split it in two for storage and you won't get stuck with it as resale is quite amazing.Used ones around me were actually more$ then a new one at the factory!!!:)

atlfootr
12-30-2007, 09:58 PM

Did the sales guy tell ya, they only work if ya use 'em :rolleyes: