PDA

View Full Version : O.c.

Mattercraft
08-07-2004, 12:40 PM
Anyone else out there from so cal? I live in Lake Forest and usually drive at least 5-6 hours just to go boating. (colorado river, Lake nacimiento,Delta)

Jerseydave
08-08-2004, 09:16 AM
Wow, 5-6 hours!!! You are a determined skier!
Maybe you can get a pilots license and keep your boat at the lake/river!!!

John B
08-08-2004, 10:20 AM
What about Lake Elsinore?Your about one hour from there.

Mattercraft
08-09-2004, 12:59 PM
It's not much of a lake compared to Lake Nacimiento or Havasu. There are so many beaytiful lakes in California. The water is pretty nasty in Elsinore. I know it is just algae, but I'd rather be in nicer water. It's worth the drive. We usually go on weekend trips so once you get there you forget about the drive.

John B
08-10-2004, 09:23 AM
Matt,you asked a wail back about the water level at Nacimiento this year. Did you make it up there,how was it?
I don't like to go out on the lakes on weekends it is too crowded.I ski weekday.
By the way HAPPY BIRTHDAY :toast: :D

John B
08-10-2004, 09:45 AM
On my 29th birthday I got a card that said: Your 29 you reach four mile stones in life.
One: 16 you can drive
Two: 18 you can vote
Three:21 you can drink
Four:29 you can lie
I didn't know what it meant till the next year, but I still only 29.
Happy 30th :toast: :D

Mattercraft
08-10-2004, 02:21 PM
Thanks JohnB, I really didn't expect anyone here to do that.

We did go, trip from hell.
1. Truck broke on the way up there
2. Trailer tire blowout
3. Boat electrical short-out
4. Friend jack-knifed trailer on other friends truck
5. Other friend got DUI on way home

I dont' know what we all did to deserve this.

Nacimiento is low. It is probably 15 feet lower than last year, but that has kept the crouds away. We found decent water midday on both sat. and sun. The lake is so big that we had fun there anyway. We are going back for a longer stay next week.(sunday-wednesday, should have even better water then)From there we will be headed up to the delta. We have friends that have a house close to Discovery Bay. Best water we've been on yet. Should be a week of fun, I'll let you know how it all goes.

SDmc205
08-16-2004, 08:53 PM
Just got back from Naciemento on Sunday. I was there for ten days and my cousins were there for 14. The lake was just as good as always. The water was lower than normal, but hell you're only using the top three feet anway.

Weekdays there was no one at all there, even the weekends weren't to bad.

We had a blast, at one point we had 60 people up there. It put a strain on the old boats but we survived. (1992 prostar 190, 1999 prostar 195, 2000 prostar 205, a pontoon and some old crappy jet boat).

I'll try to post some pictures in the next few days.

Ryan
10-30-2004, 03:40 PM
I'm in HB and go to Elsinore every once in a while. I was there two weeks ago and the water was pretty nice until the wind came up. By nice I mean smooth, by no means clear. If you look at some of the rivers that MC'ers in the south ski on Elsinore doesn't look so bad. But then again, I usually go to Marine Stadium, so a little algae is pleasant compared to salt.

The only challenge I have with salt is this little voice in the back of my mind from the salt monster saying, 'I'm eating your engine. It keeps me from just hanging out and anchoring at the beach in between sets. We are in and out so I can get home to my Salt-Away. It's worth it though especially on a week night. It's like my own private ski lake.

Leroy
10-30-2004, 04:11 PM
I spent the night couple weeks ago on a friends 50' boat in Discovery bay. Pretty nice area and neat development. I am in Nevada City/Grass Valley 1-2 weeks a month.

I envy you guys starting and continueing your season!