PDA

View Full Version : Gift Cards!

TMCNo1
12-03-2007, 07:50 AM
In San Francisco, California, the city gave away Gift Cards if you turned in hand guns, no questions asked! They collected over 100, from sawed off shotguns, handguns to assault rifles. $100 cards for regular rifles, $150 for handguns and $150+ for assault rifles, depending on what type.

I just love the Holiday Season!

chudson
12-03-2007, 09:25 AM
So what you wanna bet that the Pawn Shop guns all went up to at least $150.

atlfootr
12-03-2007, 10:04 AM
In San Francisco, California, the city gave away Gift Cards if you turned in hand guns, no questions asked! I just love the Holiday Season!

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-guns2dec02,0,3153706.story?coll=la-home-center

San Francisco offers gift cards for guns

From the Associated Press
12:43 PM PST, December 1, 2007

San Francisco -- San Francisco officials are handing out gift cards in exchange for guns in an effort to reduce the number of illegal firearms on city streets.

The city's second "Gifts for Guns" event is being held today at the Civic Center Plaza in San Francisco. A first event in July brought in 117 handguns and 2 shotguns.

People don't need to show identification to participate, and officials promise not to ask any questions about the guns' origins.

Participants will receive $100 gift cards for rifles or shotguns, $150 cards for revolvers or semiautomatic pistols and $200 cards for assault-type weapons like AK-47s.

The weapons must be unloaded, working and delivered in a clear plastic bag carried in another container.

I wonder if they attempt to dust for prints :confused:

mcdoon
12-03-2007, 11:06 AM
In San Francisco, California, the city gave away Gift Cards if you turned in hand guns, no questions asked! They collected over 100, from sawed off shotguns, handguns to assault rifles. $100 cards for regular rifles, $150 for handguns and $150+ for assault rifles, depending on what type.

I just love the Holiday Season!

Great! Now what are they going to use to hold up banks with -- Christmas salamis?! :confused:

milkmania
12-03-2007, 11:31 AM
so, if I go steal 10 guns, that's 1000 bucks, no questions asked!?!

TMCNo1
12-03-2007, 11:34 AM
Great! Now what are they going to use to hold up banks with -- Christmas salamis?! :confused:

I guess this is what we will have to use, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O39t7jmZgW4

I bet it would bring in more than a $200 Gift Card!

I hope Stacey Peterson wasn't in that blue barrel!

atlfootr
12-03-2007, 12:13 PM
I guess this is what we will have to use, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O39t7jmZgW4

I bet it would bring in more than a $200 Gift Card!
I hope Stacey Peterson wasn't in that blue barrel!

Not unless she was renicarated as a fish, now where can I get one of those :confused:

Ultimate Destruction Gun

TMCNo1
12-03-2007, 12:25 PM
Where can I get one of those :confused:

Ultimate Destruction Gun

I'm checking into it as we speak! I need to do something about the squirrels around here and that fits the bill. The neighborhood hawks apparently have moved on or stopped feeding and the war is back on. It's war I tell ya!:rolleyes:

atlfootr
12-03-2007, 12:40 PM
I'm checking into it as we speak! :rolleyes:
Well, when you find out be sure to let me know.
Christmas is coming and I want to put that at the top of my list :rolleyes:

atlfootr
12-03-2007, 12:57 PM
I need to do something about the squirrels around here and that fits the bill.
The neighborhood hawks apparently have moved on or stopped feeding

I know for certain that a Rottiweiler is a great subsitute :D
At least it seems to be, around here :rolleyes:

TMCNo1
12-03-2007, 03:02 PM
Well, when you find out be sure to let me know.
Christmas is coming and I want to put that at the top of my list :rolleyes:

Abdul up to the Shop-N-Rob Convenience Store, Pawn Shop and Watch Battery Outlet, said the gun was no problem! It was the ammo he would have problem with, cause his 1979 Isuzu pickup wouldn't carry more than 30 seconds worth of firepower!:( :o :mad: