PDA

View Full Version : New 2005 PS 190

gene dobies
08-07-2004, 10:36 AM
I am getting a new Pro Star 190 in the spring with the LQ9 engine in it. I am selling my sport start 19 in a few weeks. I will be without a boat for the rest of the summer but I figured it was only fair to the person buying it from me that they have some time with it this summer too. I was wondering if anyone knows much about the LQ9 385 HP engine, I think it should be great but would like anyone else's opinions, thanks.

jake
08-07-2004, 11:27 AM
gene: is that the 6.0 liter Northstar? If so, I've heard dynamite things about it.

André
08-07-2004, 01:01 PM
There was one on my lake a month ago in a jumbo size brand new 226 Team Edition Air Nautique.The boat was amazingly quiet...until it blew...No,just kidding Gene!
Congrats on your new boat and welcome to the board.Hope you find a pull for the rest of the summer...Maybe someone on the board is close to you and certainly would be interrested in skiing a brand new 05 when you'll get yours!

gene dobies
08-07-2004, 02:40 PM
Hi Andre. It's the engine that is in the Cadillac Escalade. It's a 6.o liter. My dealer told me that Northstar engine wasn't so good in a boat as far as power. I rode in the Mastercraft 35th edition company boat which was on a lake near me in which the president of Mastercraft had it brought to along with his wakeboard boat. It was some convention here and my dealer was taking care of the boat. It had the 6 liter Escalade engine in it, it was awesome.

gene dobies
08-07-2004, 03:01 PM
Just a few pics of the company 35th edition I got a chance to drive. It has the 385 HP Cadillac Escalade engine it in, closed cooling system. It is awesome.

lakes Rick
08-07-2004, 04:37 PM
The Northstar Engine wasn't so good in cars either.. Head studs would pull out of the block.. Know someone who just went through it..