PDA

View Full Version : No Miles to Michigan

Bruce
12-01-2007, 05:38 PM
Les Miles showed real class by turning down the job at his old alma mater. Most guys cut and run.

skin6599
12-01-2007, 05:55 PM
Don't count him out just yet. He has purchased and insured a house in Ann Arbor just a few weeks ago...

Mikey
12-01-2007, 06:12 PM
Don't count him out just yet. He has purchased and insured a house in Ann Arbor just a few weeks ago...\

Oh really? :popcorn:

JBaker
12-01-2007, 09:57 PM
Les Miles showed real class by turning down the job at his old alma mater. Most guys cut and run.

This thread makes me chuckle :D . Sounds like an LSU homer. Maybe you could ask the OSU faithful how much class or loyalty old boy Miles has.

Not that I would object to him or anyone "cutting and running" to a better program and a better deal. After all, Universities cut and run too. It is a business, and both sides (rightfully) look at it that way.

lanier92prostar
12-01-2007, 10:30 PM
I don't think this story has ended yet!!

Bruce
12-01-2007, 10:39 PM
First of all don't let the address fool you. I am not an lSU fan.At this point I pull for them out of support for my state. Going back to Paul Dietzel "I will never leave LSU". Nick Saban "I will never leave LSU". The people around here have become (and rightfully so) jaded. I understand the business I have several close friend in the college and professional coaching profession. They agree he handeled this in a classy manner from start to finish. (at least the ones I have spoken to at this point.) As for Miles leave, stay or whatever, I don't really care however, class is still class.

brat
12-01-2007, 11:09 PM
This thread makes me chuckle :D . Sounds like an LSU homer. Maybe you could ask the OSU faithful how much class or loyalty old boy Miles has.

Not that I would object to him or anyone "cutting and running" to a better program and a better deal. After all, Universities cut and run too. It is a business, and both sides (rightfully) look at it that way.

What are you smoking ? Are you saying that Michigan is a better program that could offer a better deal than LSU ?

kycat2007
12-02-2007, 12:14 AM
I think he wanted to not have to deal with this this day or even for the bowl game. National title comes to play still and he don't want that to be part of the discussion. I say he ma still be there. House issues are talked about in KY all the time but seem not to materialize.

shepherd
12-02-2007, 12:28 AM
What are you smoking ? Are you saying that Michigan is a better program that could offer a better deal than LSU ?

Well..... duh... :rolleyes:

:D

JBaker
12-02-2007, 12:48 AM
Are you saying that Michigan is a better program that could offer a better deal than LSU ?

Well most of us in the other 49 states and almost all outside of the SEC would say that Michigan is a superior program. I like LSU as much as the next guy (without a dog in the fight) and have no allegiance to Michigan, but there's not much of a comparison. Michigan can be brought into the discussion of top 5-7 programs of all-time. IMO a list of the only programs that equal or better than Michigan would look something like:

Ohio State
Alabama
Nebraska
USC
Notre Dame
Oklahoma

If you want to be generous, you could make an argument that LSU deserves to be in a discussion for 2nd tier programs like:

Florida State
Miami (maybe should be in the tier one list)
Texas
Tennessee

Keep in mind LSU would be the only school on either of these lists without a single AP title.

As to who could make a better (I'm assuming you mean monetarily) offer, I have no idea. It looks like LSU did make the better offer.

shepherd
12-02-2007, 11:03 AM
As to who could make a better (I'm assuming you mean monetarily) offer, I have no idea. It looks like LSU did make the better offer.

Well, it does help that LSU is in the running to go to the title game this year.
It would be stupid for Miles to announce he's going to Michigan before they go to the Natl Champ game, or at least until they find out they're not going.

Bruce
12-02-2007, 03:40 PM
To all you Michigan folks(and others) who are still in denial.
MILES IS NOT LEAVING LSU! (If I tell you it's Easter you better start dying your eggs!)

phecksel
12-02-2007, 08:27 PM
Mitch Albom from Detroit Free Press did not pull any punches with his opinion of Les Miles
article (http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071202/COL01/712020595&theme=CARR)

tex
12-02-2007, 08:32 PM
Well most of us in the other 49 states and almost all outside of the SEC would say that Michigan is a superior program. I like LSU as much as the next guy (without a dog in the fight) and have no allegiance to Michigan, but there's not much of a comparison. Michigan can be brought into the discussion of top 5-7 programs of all-time. IMO a list of the only programs that equal or better than Michigan would look something like:

Ohio State
Alabama
Nebraska
USC
Notre Dame
Oklahoma

If you want to be generous, you could make an argument that LSU deserves to be in a discussion for 2nd tier programs like:

Florida State
Miami (maybe should be in the tier one list)
Texas
Tennessee

Keep in mind LSU would be the only school on either of these lists without a single AP title.

Take the crack pipe out of your mouth!

Bruce
12-02-2007, 09:03 PM
Mitch Albom from Detroit Free Press did not pull any punches with his opinion of Les Miles
article (http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071202/COL01/712020595&theme=CARR)
If this is the kind of reporting you are getting in Michigan no wonder there are so many unhappy campers. They call this bitter clown a reporter? I would lay good money he probably quoted " inside sources" earlier that Miles coming to Mich. was a done deal!

tex
12-02-2007, 09:04 PM
If this is the kind of reporting you are getting in Michigan no wonder there are so many unhappy campers. They call this bitter clown a reporter? I would lay good money he probably quoted " inside sources" earlier that Miles coming to Mich. was a done deal!
Mitch is a whip!

JBaker
12-03-2007, 11:50 AM

"So long, Les. We've put up with a lot of baloney this past week in the Michigan coaching search. But getting belligerent about a process he encouraged, he invited -- and he ultimately parlayed into a jackpot?"

Well put Mitch.

BIGBADBLUE
12-03-2007, 12:12 PM
I am totally depressed Saturday when Kirk (OSU HOMER) Herby announced that Les Miles was the coach at UM. Les should not be our first choice at all. Great recruiter, however, his teams are not always the best prepared ... kinda like Carr.

Les is great for LSU and will do well there ... just not great at UM.

tex
12-03-2007, 12:34 PM
Chan Gailey is available!

BIGBADBLUE
12-03-2007, 01:52 PM
Too bad we missed Charlie Weis :)

tex
12-03-2007, 01:53 PM
Bill Callahan is ready to roll!

Bruce
12-03-2007, 02:25 PM
I am totally depressed Saturday when Kirk (OSU HOMER) Herby announced that Les Miles was the coach at UM. Les should not be our first choice at all. Great recruiter, however, his teams are not always the best prepared ... kinda like Carr.

Les is great for LSU and will do well there ... just not great at UM.

I respect you views but, I am not sure I agree about preparation. He has won at least 11 games each year for the three years he has been here. He is playing for a national championship. Is that just luck?

Why is he great for LSU but not UM? Just curious.( I am not by the way a LSU homer)

BIGBADBLUE
12-03-2007, 02:40 PM
He is great for LSU becuase I am only a marginal LSU fan :) ... lived there for a couple years.

Luck. No way. Great players and good coaching. I like what he does ... risk taker, good coordinators, but, when you think of great coaches Les is not in the top 10. UM will get good recruiting, we need a great coach not just the easy choice. Les was the easy choice.

Bruce
12-03-2007, 02:48 PM
He is great for LSU becuase I am only a marginal LSU fan :) ... lived there for a couple years.

Luck. No way. Great players and good coaching. I like what he does ... risk taker, good coordinators, but, when you think of great coaches Les is not in the top 10. UM will get good recruiting, we need a great coach not just the easy choice. Les was the easy choice.

I can certainly buy that. It takes time to be listed in the top 10 of coaches. History is the best judge there. Good luck finding the coach that fits you needs.

SteveO
12-03-2007, 04:48 PM
Being an OSU grad (Sorry for all you with the were are THE OSU mind) that is OK State, I have a hard time believing Les as that was said a few years ago in Stillwater.

JBaker
12-03-2007, 05:46 PM
Being an OSU grad (Sorry for all you with the were are THE OSU mind) that is OK State, I have a hard time believing Les as that was said a few years ago in Stillwater.

At least you get better press conferences now.:D

tex
12-03-2007, 06:41 PM
SteveO is over 40...not sure about the man part!

brat
12-03-2007, 07:22 PM

I think Nick Saban Would like to talk to ya'll !!!!!!

SteveO
12-03-2007, 08:10 PM
At least you get better press conferences now.:D

Wasn't sure of Gundy, still not, but he did score many points in my book with that outburst.

captain planet
12-04-2007, 01:14 PM
I don't think this story has ended yet!!
It will end on January 8th when he announces he is leaving and heading north.

Bruce
12-04-2007, 01:22 PM
Wasn't sure of Gundy, still not, but he did score many points in my book with that outburst.

Do you know what "the outburst" was about?

tex
12-04-2007, 01:32 PM
Do you know what "the outburst" was about?
He was mad at a female reporter for writing an article that he claimed questioned one of his player's toughness. She wrote it after seeing the kid's mom feeding him before getting on the team bus for a game.

brat
12-04-2007, 10:14 PM
He was mad at a female reporter for writing an article that he claimed questioned one of his player's toughness. She wrote it after seeing the kid's mom feeding him before getting on the team bus for a game.

Was she spoon feeding him or breast feeding ?:confused:

tex
12-04-2007, 10:23 PM
Was she spoon feeding him or breast feeding ?:confused:

Good point!

Bruce
12-06-2007, 07:32 PM
I said in an earlier post "if I tell you it's Easter it's time to start dying your eggs". Les Miles signed his contract with LSU today that will take him thru 2012. "Here comes Peter Cotton tail----"

JBaker
12-07-2007, 01:32 AM
I said in an earlier post "if I tell you it's Easter it's time to start dying your eggs". Les Miles signed his contract with LSU today that will take him thru 2012. "Here comes Peter Cotton tail----"

Sorry Bruce, the I-told-you-so thread is already full with stories of teak oil.;)

Bruce
12-07-2007, 12:48 PM
Well could I at least get a "two times who hah" Or at least a nana ,nana,boo, boo!
Would it sound like I was rubbing it in If I pointed out that he and the Chancellor pointed out that it had nothing to do with money. In fact the approved amendment makes no alteration in Miles compensation, which remains governed by his contract signed in July 2006. Rather, the amendment extends his employment by two years etc etc----"
Make no mistake he will make big bucks but it is performance based! I could give you complete details but I am a one finger typist. As the song says: "Lord it's hard to be humble-------"