PDA

View Full Version : Thread consolidation!

TMCNo1
12-01-2007, 11:17 AM
With all the thread consolidation that has taken place the last few days and the apparent New World Order here on Team Talk, would it not be in MasterCraft's and Team Talk Admin's best interest to consolidate all the threads on certain subjects like, Teak Refinishing, Impeller removal/replacement, Waxes/Polishes, etc., etc., that are asked repeatedly and sticky them to the top of their respective forums for immediate access to newcomers and others. It appears the FAQ section and the FAQ thread only contains a limited amount of info inside the subjects does not offer enough options and or is very seldom ever used.

Once point comes to mind. In the stickied FAQ under General Discussion there is a link to a article about how I did my platform, but no other methods, products, equipment, have been added or discussed in the FAQ. My procedure is not the only way to refinish/maintain a teak platform, but was written for information because someone @ MC liked the way it looked and wanted to know how I did it and wanted to share it with other members/owners. It is by no means gospel, but one of many ways a platform can look great and I think the community needs a central source of that information on a matter of subjects like this.

Just a thought!

east tx skier
12-01-2007, 12:04 PM
While an extremely organized forum is useful when searching for information, the task of sifting through the more than 20,000 threads to consolidate similar discussions would be monumental. While they maintain good website here, I have always had the impression that this forum is among many tasks site admin are assigned by MC. As for the moderators, while they are capable of merging threads, for that uncompensated position, I sincerely doubt any of them would jump at the assignment.

As for the FAQ thread, that's something I started as a way of bookmarking the information that came up a lot. I don't get the impression that it isn't used much. I just think we only see when people have missed it as opposed to the people who read it and don't post concerning the information in there.

I guess what I'm saying is that if thread consolidation is something you're interested in seeing happening, Harold, I bet TMC would be thrilled to have you tackle the project. Just PM him and ask him to give you the buttons.

TMCNo1
12-01-2007, 12:15 PM
While an extremely organized forum is useful when searching for information, the task of sifting through the more than 20,000 threads to consolidate similar discussions would be monumental. While they maintain good website here, I have always had the impression that this forum is among many tasks site admin are assigned by MC. As for the moderators, while they are capable of merging threads, for that uncompensated position, I sincerely doubt any of them would jump at the assignment.

As for the FAQ thread, that's something I started as a way of bookmarking the information that came up a lot. I don't get the impression that it isn't used much. I just think we only see when people have missed it as opposed to the people who read it and don't post concerning the information in there.

I guess what I'm saying is that if thread consolidation is something you're interested in seeing happening, Harold, I bet TMC would be thrilled to have you tackle the project. Just PM him and ask him to give you the buttons.

I don't think sifting thru all those threads would be ever be necessary, but there are over 25 in Appearance under Maintenance Tips and Refurbishing Topics in the Archives alone that could be consolidated with the current Appearance threads to help get some info up front for members use. I wouldn't dare think someone has the time to go thru every thread in General Discussion/Off Topic too and draw from them.
I was just a thought!

east tx skier
12-01-2007, 12:39 PM
May not be a bad idea. PM them and see if they'll let you do it.