PDA

View Full Version : Pop Pop....

Lennyp04
11-29-2007, 07:39 AM
I know a lot of you were following my Pop Pops revocery from conjestive heart faliure on that thread. Well I am sadded to say that my Pop Pop at sometime last night passed away and is now in a better place. My dad woke me up at 6:00 this morning and I wondered why it was him and not my mom because normally she is the one who wakes me up. Well when both my brother and I were together around 6:20 this morning he goes...I have some bad news, Pop Pop died last night. My heart sank so low...The feeling is unexplanible. This man meant everything to me and I just wish I would have been able to spend more time with him. I am however thankful for the time in his life and mine that I did get to spend with him. I also got to spend Tuesday night with him when he came over to my house.

So I just wanted to let you guys know what was going on with the recovery. So far I don't know any details about what happened.

Pop Pop
1927-2007

TMCNo1
11-29-2007, 07:43 AM
Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

André
11-29-2007, 08:42 AM
Sorry to read this.
Keep some good memories of him.

T Scott
11-29-2007, 08:51 AM
Lenny,
I am sorry for your loss. Do your best to remember the fun times you had with him.

Tom

milkmania
11-29-2007, 09:24 AM
Lenny,

My Grandpa passed away in 1976... I was 11
Of all the people I've met in life, Grandpa meant the most to me... I still think of him daily.

That's what is going to help you get through this. The memories.

Hang in there buddy, he's proud of you:)

ggroller
11-29-2007, 09:31 AM
I'm sorry to hear that, Lenny.

Ric
11-29-2007, 09:33 AM
Real sorry to hear about your granddad

Leah
11-29-2007, 09:46 AM
So sorry to hear about your loss.....You and your family are in our prayers!

fintek9
11-29-2007, 09:46 AM
Sorry to hear there Lenny, My gramps taught me every thing about the woods and our lifestyle...miss him dearly!
But he's with me all the time, And so will be yours!

Monte
11-29-2007, 09:59 AM
Sorry to hear about your loss Lenny....

tex
11-29-2007, 10:24 AM
Lenny,

Of all the people I've met in life, Grandpa meant the most to me... I still think of him daily.

Well said Milk-Lenny-Your family are in my family's thoughts!

chudson
11-29-2007, 10:26 AM
Real sad to read about your loss but the love you have for him will always be in you, pass it along. A prayer just went up for you and your family!

Bruce
11-29-2007, 10:27 AM
So sorry Lenny. As I told you earlier you were a great grandson and he was obviously proud of you. Your relationship with him left you a great legacy to pass on. Our faith let's us take comfort in the knowledge that he is with his Heavenly Father. Prayers coming your way for you and your family.
Bruce

RexDog1
11-29-2007, 10:34 AM
I was sorry to learn of your loss ,
And I Wanted to express My deepest sympathies

Jon

lanier92prostar
11-29-2007, 11:13 AM
Lenny,
Sorry to hear about your loss. Our thoughts and prayers are with your family.

Sodar
11-29-2007, 11:13 AM
Lenny,

I got a few extra years with my Granddad, he passed away when I was 18, but I too still would love to have him around. Pretty much any big decision I make in my life, I think of him and what he would have done.

Hang in there Lenny! The sadness will subside over time and you will be left with all the good memories and the happiness of the times you did spend with him.

Thoughts and prayers to both you and your family.

Roonie's
11-29-2007, 11:16 AM
Sorry to hear about your pop pop. Your family will be in our prayers. Hold your memories of him close.

Mikey
11-29-2007, 12:32 PM
Lenny, sorry to hear the bad news. Just from what you have said on TT it sounds like he meant alot to you. Its never easy to lose a loved one, but it will get easier with time. You know that you have friends right here if you need anything. I will pray for you and your family. Take care.

Harvey
11-29-2007, 12:41 PM
I am truly sorry to hear about this. I lost my Grandmother to complications from congestive heart failure in 2000. It gave me some comfort knowing that she lived one heck of a life in her 70+ years. Your Pop Pop lived 80 years, just try to concentrate on what a great life he lived. He will always live on in your heart.

wakolman
11-29-2007, 01:30 PM
Sorry to hear the news.

Jesus_Freak
11-29-2007, 01:31 PM
So sorry bro. I will continue to pray for you and your family.

jbfootin
11-29-2007, 03:44 PM
I lost both of my grandparents about a month apart 21 years ago. I was awakened one morning with the news of my grandma when I was 16 and I remember being in a state of shock and disbelief for a week. In time it passed, along with the pain of the loss, but the memories live on and always will.

Hang in there and hang on to the memories. You will be our thoughts.

starman205
11-29-2007, 04:17 PM
I am sadend to hear of your loss. You and your family will be in my prayers. :(

east tx skier
11-29-2007, 04:48 PM
Lenny, so sorry to hear about your loss. We'll be thinking about you guys here in Texas.

Lennyp04
11-29-2007, 05:57 PM
Thanks everyone, from the bottom of my heart it means so much.

I have pictures of him when I was a little baby and he was holding me up at the lake in a chair we still have up there. Your thoughts and prayers will help me get through this tough time and help me know that he is in a better place. You guys on this forum have become an extended family to me with your prayers through his fight with congestive heart faliure and are now again helping me cope with this terrible situation.

He honestly was probobly one of the biggest influences in my life to this day. Like I said in the congestive heart faliure thread I can remeber him teaching me how to tie my shoes, and learing how to count to 100 and then back again.

I havent seen my mother all day so far and hopefully she will come home soon from where ever she is. Right now I honestly don't feel that it has acutally hit me that he passed but I think it will be very tough on the day of the viewing and even harder on the funeral day.

I do remeber all the good times that I did get to spend with him. I remeber him coming over on nights where my parents went out to dinner and we (my Baba, Pop Pop, brother and me) would watch wheel of fortune or Americas Funniest home videos and we would all sit around and have a good time.

I can remeber asking myself a few years back, What would I do if I didnt have Pop Pop? The thought was simply unbearable. But right now it isn't so bad. I'm doing what Pop Pop would have wanted. Keep on doing what I'm doing and Doing it well at the same time.

I will try to put some pictures up of him and if the obituary comes online I will post the link up.

Thank you again
Lenny

Mikey
11-29-2007, 06:34 PM
Hang in there bud! Just one thing to remember, although grieving is a normal process try not dwell on it and let it get you down. The funeral will be very tough, they always are, but think of it as a celebration of his life rather than an ending. Thats what I do and it helps me cope. Take care and I will continue to pray for you and your family.

SkiDog
11-29-2007, 06:43 PM
Sorry to hear that Lenny! Death is such a sad part of life, But just keep the faith and God will help you get thru this tough time pal. keep smiling like you know Pop Pops would want you to!:) ;)

Lennyp04
11-29-2007, 07:40 PM
Well for those of you who are interested... The funeral will be Monday morning and for those of you that have an Imaginative mind you may have been able to figure out my Pop Pop a little bit. As I said in the congestive heart faliure thread he would joke with the nurses when he was in the hospital...well my Pop Pop isn't going out without a bang...literally! His coffin will be draped with the American Flag and there will be a 21 gun salute in honor of him.

I also tonight while eating dinner at Chik' Fila I found out that my Pop Pop passed because of a Heart Attack due to Diabetes. I am relieved to find out that he went in his sleep. Time of death was placed sometime around 12:00 Midnight last night.

As many of you said Celebrate his life...thats exactly what I will do. My dad mom and I went to dinner tonight and we started talking, and My dad told me that when his dad died he was sad but he always asks himself what would dad do. I will do the same thing because my Pop Pop was such a wise man. Times like these are just very frustrating for me because I want to hear answers but I don't want to ask my mom since it was her dad. So I usually will turn to my dad and he fills me in. But again, your thoughts and prayers are so appreciated.

Lenny

Jerseydave
11-29-2007, 07:43 PM
Hi Lenny, so sorry to hear this news. :(

My very best wishes go out to you and your family. Celebrate his life, remember the good times you spent with him and be brave. These are difficult situations which over time don't get any easier, but you'll be fine. I can tell. You are a great person.

Thanks for thinking of us as your extended family (even though most of us have never met you, that'll change over time too :) )

I'll keep you and your family in my prayers. If I can do anything for you, don't hesitate to ask.

R.I.P. pop-pop

Lennyp04
11-29-2007, 07:51 PM
Thanks Dave, much appreciated.

I will let you know about the Push Process primere when things get a little better. I'll let you know as soon as possible.

Lenny

Jerseydave
11-29-2007, 07:57 PM
Hey, understandable! Family is much more important than wakeboard films.

(Although this one is gonna freakin' kick @$$!!!)
((sorry, had to be said:)))

Lennyp04
11-29-2007, 07:59 PM
Understandable as well. The Funeral is on this coming Monday so I don't know when the appropriate time will be to ask my parents but I will do it as soon as possible.

Leroy
11-29-2007, 08:22 PM
So sorry to hear of your loss Lenny. You are so lucky to have so many good memories with him.

Lennyp04
11-29-2007, 08:33 PM
Well I think it just set in. I sit here crying my eyes out as my mom just told me I should think of something to include in the casket for monday. She also told me there will be two red roses either already in the casket or that my brother and I will be putting in. I was relitivley ok feeling until she told me that and I think the combintation of Save Me by Shinedown and her telling me that finally made me realize what is actually happening.

Now I get the hard decision of trying to figure out what to put in his casket. All I know is tears will be flying as I try to figure out what to put in...

dog paw
11-29-2007, 09:33 PM
Sorry to hear of your loss Lenny. By one of your other posts I'm assuming your Grandfather was a Vet, God bless him and all the other strong folk that have gone before.... Like Milk and a few others I lost my Grandfather around that time frame and age. Sadly it was years later that I learned to appreciate the knowledge and strength the"old timers" had to offer. Listening to stories of a WW2 or Korean Vet will make you run to your parents and apologise for anything you have ever complained about. (or at least it should:) ) Stay strong brother, one day he will open the gates for you......

Lennyp04
11-29-2007, 09:35 PM
Yes Pop Pop was a Veteran. I can't tell you what war or wars he fought in but I believe he was in the Navy.

That last sentence brought a tear to my eye because I know its true. Thanks man in means so much

trickskier
11-29-2007, 09:49 PM
Extremely sorry to hear about your Grandfather Lenny.
Like you said he is in a better place and will be there in spirt when ever you need him.
Godspeed.
Rick

Aric'sX15
11-29-2007, 10:08 PM
my grandpa recently passed. i know how it feels to loose a loved one.
my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

lanier92prostar
11-29-2007, 11:49 PM
Lenny,
Sorry to hear about your loss. Our thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family.

milkmania
11-30-2007, 12:10 AM
Yes Pop Pop was a Veteran. I can't tell you what war or wars he fought in but I believe he was in the Navy.

That last sentence brought a tear to my eye because I know its true. Thanks man in means so much

if he's receiving full military funeral services, be sure to watch everything.
they can be quite impressive

suedv
11-30-2007, 12:29 AM
Lenny,
I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. It sounds like he was a great man.
Take care,
Sue

Lennyp04
11-30-2007, 07:29 AM
Thanks all, This makes me feel better just knowing there are people out there that are praying for someone they don't even know. Most people today wouldn't do that but there is something specail about all of you on here. And it truly means so much.

I am not fully sure if he is getting a full military funeral. All My mom told me is that he will have a flag draped over his coffin and there will be a 21 gun salute. And my brother and I are either getting a red rose each to put in the casket or they will be there already. Either way its going to be very emotional. But each day will probably get stronger until the Monday, the day of the funeral, where I will be very upset and then It will start to get better because I know he is watching down on me right now as I type this making everything better.

WTRSK1R
11-30-2007, 08:12 AM
Lenny,
Sorry to hear of your loss. Stay strong, and keep him with you through your memories.

Steve

Harvey
11-30-2007, 03:39 PM
It sounds like it will be a military service. My grandmother recieved a military funeral back in 2000 for her service. It was comforting that people who never knew her where paying tribute to her accomplishments in life. I remember feeling as though they were saluting her whole life even though she only served for a short time.

Lennyp04
11-30-2007, 04:32 PM
Just got home from school and my mom told me that we arent going to have the 21 gun salute but we are going to have the coffin draped with the American flag. Think the 21 gun salute would have been a nice touch but so heart breaking. So in a way its good but I don't know. All I know is I will cherish my time with him forever.

Aric'sX15
11-30-2007, 05:05 PM
my grandfather had the 21 gun solute and it was LOUD! and kinda disturbing when i was crying my eyes out.

pq2
11-30-2007, 05:18 PM
Lenny, Im very sorry, my prayers to you and your family. My grand father died 10 years ago, and I remember him all the time. Keep the good memories, and take all his advises and memories to build you life. Stay strong.

Lennyp04
12-03-2007, 01:29 PM
Well I know now that he is a better place. My mom left to pick up my grandma around 9 and then go down to the funeral home and then me my dad and my brother went down about 15 mins later. We stood in the vestiblule of the funeral home while my mom aunt and Baba were in with my Pop Pop. They came out and they were all upset and so I got teary eyed. I think it finally hit me that he was gone when they handed all of us little cards with his name and prayer and everything else on it.

Then I got to go in and see him. I knelt down next to the coffin and said a prayer. He looked so peaceful and the whole time I looked at him I was waiting for him to just wake up. He just looked like he was sleeping. Ill never forget that moment. So I put my things in the coffin as well which were a page long letter to him about everything him and I did and what I remebered about him and I also put a book called the Train Story in as well because him and I used to sit and watch the trains go by. I drew the pictures in the book sitting right next to him on his couch when I was a little boy. We also went to K-Mart last night and bought a little matchbox plane and I wrote on the wings Pop Pop and on the underside of the wings I wrote Love you.

The ride to the cemetary wasnt to bad. He got to ride in a Cadillac Herse with the American Flag draped over his casket. By the way, I found out what wars he fought in. It was the Korean War and World War II. So we got to the cemetary and I helped carry the casket to the grave.

I told my Pop Pop in a prayer last night to give me a sign that he was still with me. Well in that little card that had his name and prayer on it ...it had a line that said "I am in a thousand winds that blow..." Well it was very windy today at the cemetary today So I believe he was with me.

The little saying on the card read,

"I am not there"
Do not stand at my grave and cry and weep,
I am not there, I do not sleep.
I am in a thousand winds that blow,
I am the softly falling snow.
I am the gentle showers of rain,
I am the fields of ripening grain.
I am in the morning hush,
I am the graceful rush
of birds in circling flight.
I am the star shine of the night.
I am in the flowers that bloom.
I am in a quiet room.
I am the birds that sing,
I am in each lovely thing.
Do not stand at my grave and cry,
I am not there. I did not die.

-Mary Frye

I thought this was a very very appropriate for him. This was my first funeral and hopefully the last for a while. But as grim as a funeral is this was a comforting thought to think that he was up in heaven dancing with the angels.

-Lenny