PDA

View Full Version : bindings question

joknjakrabit
11-28-2007, 09:21 PM
i just bought a cwb transcend platinum 138. i just have the board right now, and i was looking for bindings to get. Does is matter if i get the same brand as the board or not? and what bindings would you guys recomend for the board anyways.

JoshBuzz
11-28-2007, 09:40 PM
I suppose you got the '07 model?? It's an awesome board, I love CWB, and the transcend is exceptional!!

I would recommend going with the CWB bindings as well, they provide great support, and the Hinge Tech makes them easy to get into!!

Are you planning on riding at a higher skill level in the near future, or are you going to stay at a beginner level for a long time?? IMO if you think that you'll be progressing quickly I would wait til '08 and pick up the CWB Zeus boots. CWB flipped the direction of the hinge tech, it snaps down now I believe, and they are closed toe boots that provide more ankle support and more control!!

If you are staying at a lower level, I would highly recommend the CWB Vapors! They are Open Toe, Hinge Tech boots that provide great mid-level/beginner support!

As of now, I ride the CWB Kink, 142 With XL Vapor bindings. Favorite set-up I've ever ridden, ya can't beat the CWB!!

I'll soon be buying a Hyperlite board, hopefully the B-Side for when I work at Camp Ozark this summer!!

joknjakrabit
11-29-2007, 12:21 AM
thanks, i started riding last year. it would be safe to say im not looking to be any super star wakeboarder. i just go down to our over crowded lake on weekends during the summer. i would say i progressed pretty fast tho, i can land stuff like tantrums, whirlybirds, and 540s. im just out there having fun, my main sport is wrestling. but thanks for the help. ill look into those bindings

JoshBuzz
11-29-2007, 02:39 AM
If you're throwing tantrums, whirlys, and 5's I would suggest the Zeus bindings

check em out here!!

http://wake-space.com/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=MWS&Product_Code=64001558&Category_Code=A1e

If you're really interested in them, send me a PM, and I'll hook you up with a deal on a new pair!!

Lennyp04
11-29-2007, 06:22 AM
Factions are good bindings, the hinge tech is very nice!

76S&S
11-29-2007, 09:36 AM
I personally don't know anything about this binding, but this appears to be a great deal.........today only.

http://www.boardersbestbuy.com/

MMCCAR12
11-29-2007, 10:11 AM
Buy Wake dot com has 07 Liquid Force Transits on sale for $219.00. These are excellent bindings at a great price. Very supportive

cbryan70
11-29-2007, 10:50 AM
God you can do that after a year! Must have a good teacher or get out ALOT. Ive been wakeboarding for a few years now just messing around basically and im happy to clear the wake....what wake my boat throws

RexDog1
11-29-2007, 11:40 AM
CWB Zeus bindings

What size is your foot? I may be selling my set (and not happy about it) right DEER………..:(

PM Me

JoshBuzz
11-29-2007, 05:32 PM
yes, REX knows what's up! The Zeus bindings are the best out there right now, IMO, only thing better are the Slingshot PB's which fit just like snowboard bindings!!

joknjakrabit
11-29-2007, 07:33 PM
yah, i guess im a fast learner. like i said im a wrestler though, im pretty balanced and i could do back flips and stuff on the ground before i started wakeboarding. which by the way was by chance, i used to be a skier but i bgroke my bindings and turned to wakeboarding. i can say i have never looked back.

but about time on the water. i really dont get that much. im prolly on the worst lake for riding, the lake of the ozarks. it is crazy out there. i have to get out around 6 to get an hour or so in.

ttu
11-29-2007, 07:38 PM
cwb zeus are awesome. they are on the stiff side of the cwb line. if you want a little more flex then look at the fractions.

i still ride with the first year zeus hinge tech bindings and could not be happier. son has the fractions which he likes.

JoshBuzz
11-29-2007, 08:08 PM
The factions are awesome, I have friend that just picked up the 2007 Faction Combo, and I really enjoyed riding it!! I'd say for you, the zeus's are best though. What's your weight class?? If you're taller, or worried about ankles, go for the Zeus's for sure!!

I have a really good friend who wrestles for UCO, he's a national champ! Awesome dude, crazy wrestler!!

joknjakrabit
11-29-2007, 08:14 PM
i wreslte 135, im a highschool senior. is ur friends name kyle evans? but yah im not really tall, im only 5'8".

JoshBuzz
11-29-2007, 08:17 PM
Nope, Colby Robinson.

He's white, and has a black adopted brother named Teshon I believe that's a really good wrestler at OU

joknjakrabit
11-29-2007, 08:27 PM
o cool, i thought you were talking about individual champs, cuz i think kyle was their only champ. that team is tough tho

JoshBuzz
11-29-2007, 08:29 PM
haha, I honestly know nothing about wrestling, just that he could kick my butt and he was a foot shorter than me. Back to the subject I'm a little more knowledgeable about... wakeboarding!

joknjakrabit
11-30-2007, 06:25 PM
you didnt really ever answer my intial question. do all the brands work together?

JoshBuzz
12-02-2007, 11:39 AM
Yes, but they work best with the boards they are designed with. If you must throw some Liquid Force bindings on your 500 dollar CWB baord, then do it, but I'd suggest the Zeus's for a better all around feel!

joknjakrabit
12-02-2007, 02:45 PM
yah. i was prolly going to stick with zeus most likely. i was just wondering about my old board, cuz the bindings broke on it and i was going to replace them with better ones, cuz then my friends have somethign decent to ride.

JoshBuzz
12-03-2007, 12:03 AM
What's your older board? check out www.Boardersbestbuy.com from time to time they have wakeboard bindings on there that are last years stuff, and are dead cheap!!

damaged442
12-03-2007, 09:04 AM
I ride a LF Trip 38, which I think is a pretty tight board. Sticks when ya need it to, slides when ya want it to, and decent pop and landings. When I got it, it had the LF Pro Suction bindings, which were horrible. They held decently enough, but started dry rotting and falling apart almost instantly. When they finally let loose, I replaced them with Hyperlite Byerly's, with the BOA system. IMO, much better binding. I've had them two years with no issue.

JoshBuzz
12-03-2007, 03:30 PM
I'll agree, Byerly's stuff is top notch, and Butch did a great job shaping his boards!!
I'm looking into getting the new B-Side, shaped by the same guy that shaped Byerly's board, or a new slingshot cause I love the free-ride feel!!

joknjakrabit
12-03-2007, 07:18 PM
it is just a lf omega. it has alpha bindings on it right now. they are starting to tear. it was jsut my first board, and figured i leave something for my newbie friends to kill themselves on.

JoshBuzz
12-03-2007, 11:48 PM
Haha, I like the LF omega alot, I have a good friend that has one with the Alpha bindings, and they started to tear also, I don't think it's bad construction on LF's part, but more the way they go on your feet. If you don't lube em up every time, they start to tear from the pressure of puttin em on!

ShamrockIV
12-12-2007, 08:29 AM
I saw on here somewhere that the boots with velcro straos can dislocate ur foot if too tight. Are these bindings not preferred? thanks