PDA

View Full Version : Gmat

Ryan
11-27-2007, 11:23 PM
I'm studying for the GMAT test scheduled for this Sat. I've been studying quite a bit but am wondering if anyone knows of a good sheet or two of applicable math formulas...for that last minute look over before I walk in for the test.

My study book certainly has the formulas, just curious if anyone knows of a good condensed one. I've searched the net and only found parts of what I'm looking for.

Ryan
11-28-2007, 09:59 PM
. Bump

Leroy
11-29-2007, 12:26 AM
More of a bump, I'm a math minor but that was 25 years ago. Not that they have changed math, I've just forgotten most of it!

Ben
11-29-2007, 07:30 AM
Can't answer your ?, and it's a bit late if you're taking the test friday, but I found the Kaplan study quide & CD very helpful to study / prep for the test. Did very well, right up to the point where I dropped out of OSU's program a few days after the initiation class (or whatever they call it) and moved to Michigan...

Ryan
11-29-2007, 09:45 AM
It would be late to start studying. But I've been studying for a few weeks. I was just looking for a quib sheet.

I gained more time to study on an impromptu trip yesterday to and from Chicago. I'll be good to go.

vegashomeexpert
11-29-2007, 10:59 AM
It would be late to start studying. But I've been studying for a few weeks. I was just looking for a quib sheet.

I gained more time to study on an impromptu trip yesterday to and from Chicago. I'll be good to go.
Hi Ryan: Hope you're loving it back there. I used Baron's study guide exclusively when I took mine. Can't remember if there were any cheat sheets in there but I did do VERY well on the test (95th percentile) and I credit that to the guide, not my ability. Bring water and don't stress!
Good luck,
Jeff

JBaker
11-29-2007, 02:23 PM
I just took the GMAT not too long ago. I will look through my study notes to see if I can find anything. In the mean time...bump.

JBaker
12-21-2007, 11:51 AM
Hey Ryan,

Sorry I didn't come up with anything.

How did the test go? What school(s) are you looking at? '08? I am holding off until '09.

Ryan
12-22-2007, 09:37 AM
I thought I was a pretty smart guy, maybe not in GMAT terms. I did better on verbal and worse on math than I expected. I am aiming or OSU's part time program. I don't know that my prliminary score of 500 will cut it. I want at least 600 and thought that was easily attainable. I didn't have a single math prob on volume, none on graphical analysis. I did get two that are basically like chemistry molarity problems which I hate and probably missed. During the test I had three data sufficiency prbolems in a row that I was iffy on and all of a sudden I get a real easy one. I'd heard many times that if you get an easy problem it means you just missed a few. I swear if it were just I could just do the top-line hardest problems I could do great. It's a couple types of 'mid-level' problems that I was vulnerable to, that must have kicked me into the lower point level problems.

Point is I may be retaking it and focusing much more on data sufficiency.