PDA

View Full Version : OFFICIAL "I hate the Patriots" thread

captain planet
11-26-2007, 06:03 PM
Will somebody please beat them already? I am REALLY tired of hearing about them on EVERY sports channel 24/7. :mad: I'm tired of seeing Belechek (sp?) with that scowel on his face, tired of seeing tom brady with that stupid smile with that dimple on his chin and the "we are just executing" excuse of why they are running up the score on everybody, and I'm tired of hearing about them no matter what NFL game you are watching. Every commentator seems to have to mention them during each and every game. Do they get paid to say the word, "Patriots"?

You know, there are 31 other teams out there, not just one.

Rant over.

Monte
11-26-2007, 06:17 PM
I agree, but I'm holding out for the cinderella defeat in the post season:D

tones03
11-26-2007, 06:23 PM
Ahh this is the same crap that goes on with USC and Florida. It gets annoying buy I dont mind the patriots talk as much for whatever reason.

Monte
11-26-2007, 06:28 PM
Well, since the Panthers just suck. I'll be pulling for the Cowboys:rolleyes:

Lennyp04
11-26-2007, 06:49 PM
Well if you guys were hoping for the Eagles to beat the Patriots...then you were having wishful thinking.

Go Eagles, just having a rough season..

wakolman
11-26-2007, 07:06 PM
I love the Patriots this year! Tom Brady and Wes Welker are carrying my fantasy team into the playoffs!

Upper Michigan Prostar190
11-26-2007, 07:10 PM
Dont hate the patriots. hate the media for shoving them down your throat. media is the problem for everything.

wats218
11-26-2007, 07:21 PM
Dont hate the patriots. hate the media for shoving them down your throat. media is the problem for everything.

I agree...but I still hate the Patriots. Its more of a jealousy thing.

Mikey
11-26-2007, 07:38 PM
For the record I am not a Patriots fan and I hope they get beat, but I doubt that will happen this year, and I cant say that I "hate" them. I think that the only team in the AFC that HAD a chance to take them out was the colts but now they have sustained so many injuries that I dont think they have the team that they once had. Hopefully I am wrong. I will just have to wait and see.

Im sure people would be singing a different tune if it was their own team getting all the media attention. Just sayin.;)

11-26-2007, 07:56 PM
well Mikey I hear you brutha!

but I am the opposite. I am NOT a patriots fan, and I do hate the media blitz. but I have to say I am glued to my seat to watch them and see how far they can take this winning streak. Personally my opinion is that the eagles scare was a near hit for them. they are not stupid. they will learn from that and come back even stronger. of course my opinion is no better than anyone else and is just a flly on the wall, but I dont think anyone is going to beat them. I think all that eagles game did was make them stronger. it makes them more grounded, more real. they know they are beatable now, but that will make them stronger.

tex
11-26-2007, 08:22 PM
I don't hate them but do want them to get beat!

jakethebt
11-26-2007, 08:37 PM
I agree...

lanier92prostar
11-26-2007, 09:00 PM
When do they play the Dolphins again. It would be interesting if a winless Dolphins team plays the undefeated Patriots?

TX.X-30 fan
11-26-2007, 09:05 PM
well Mikey I hear you brutha!

but I am the opposite. I am NOT a patriots fan, and I do hate the media blitz. but I have to say I am glued to my seat to watch them and see how far they can take this winning streak. Personally my opinion is that the eagles scare was a near hit for them. they are not stupid. they will learn from that and come back even stronger. of course my opinion is no better than anyone else and is just a flly on the wall, but I dont think anyone is going to beat them. I think all that eagles game did was make them stronger. it makes them more grounded, more real. they know they are beatable now, but that will make them stronger.

Confucius Says:

Man who walk around with hand in pocket feel cocky all day... ;)

jaysus
11-26-2007, 09:17 PM
After years, wait... decades of 1-15, 3-13, sitting in the stands with 3 other people in an entire section of the stadium... we have to soak it in because it will end someday.

Hopefully not too soon though! I would enjoy a Dallas/Pats rematch if both teams get there. Favre would be a good take too... try and get 1996 back.

TX.X-30 fan
11-26-2007, 09:22 PM
After years, wait... decades of 1-15, 3-13, sitting in the stands with 3 other people in an entire section of the stadium... we have to soak it in because it will end someday.

Hopefully not too soon though! I would enjoy a Dallas/Pats rematch if both teams get there. Favre would be a good take too... try and get 1996 back.

Dallas/ Pats would be a fun game!!!!!!!! And a money maker. :rolleyes:

Slinkyredfoot
11-26-2007, 09:26 PM
I actually do not hate the Pat's, but I do not like them much being a INDY COLTS fan...

I really have no respect for the coach, but obviously he is a winner, the Kraft family from what I know are winners, Tom Brady is a class act, look at all of his babes and his Super Bowl rings....

Hate is a very strong word, I hate no one, just fell sorry for them.

These sentiments coming from a true Colt's fan....;)

11-26-2007, 09:33 PM

yea, I agree......the pats did serve their time in the drought. they certainly did their time.

Leroy
11-27-2007, 12:18 AM
They are getting it done! And that is from a Colts fan.

sand2snow22
11-27-2007, 02:27 AM
My boy Feeley from Ontario, OR, didn't play much at U of O behind Joey Harrington almost pulled off the upset last night :mad:

jbfootin
11-27-2007, 12:14 PM
I can't put my finger on it...I don't mind Brady, Moss seems better since getting brought back to earth by his time in Oakland, but I think their coach is an a-hole and for some reason I cheer for them to lose almost every week.

Yes, they served there time as a lossing team, but now they have been on top for too long...It is like all other basketball teams hating Duke because they are always on top.

People love underdogs and want to see the bully get knocked down. Right now the Pats are the bully!:cool:

Maristar210
11-27-2007, 01:07 PM
Hate's a pretty strong word unless your speaking of the Luckeyes. Oh hell, look what I found, a national championship game :rolleyes:

captain planet
11-28-2007, 11:48 AM
Hate's a pretty strong word unless your speaking of the Luckeyes. Oh hell, look what I found, a national championship game :rolleyes:
OK, maybe hate is a pretty strong word. Should have called the thread the "Really really really sick and tired of hearing about the F'n Patriots" thread.

Go Soooooners!!!!!!!!:o

11-28-2007, 11:49 AM
Do the patriots wear sunglasses?

Mikey
11-28-2007, 03:36 PM
Do the patriots wear sunglasses?

Yes UMP I believe they wear these bad boys.:cool:

Datdude
11-28-2007, 06:35 PM
My boy Feeley from Ontario, OR, didn't play much at U of O behind Joey Harrington almost pulled off the upset last night :mad:

He did play well with the exception of a few bad throws. The rest of the team played pretty good as well. It was a fun game to watch!

I was watching Dennis Miller's sport show and his opening line was hilarious......."A.J. Feeley almost upset the Patriots until he rememebered......hey wait a minute......I'm A.J. Feeley":D

I am looking forward to a rematch of the 1996 Super Bowl with the final score Packers 77 Patriots 3. Favre throws 11 touchdown passes in the 1st quarter and Mike McCarthy decides not to run up the score on the Pats so he punts on second down for the rest of the game. The Pats score their only 3 points in the last minute of the game to avoid being the first team in history to be shut out in the Super Bowl. It is going to be EPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool: