PDA

View Full Version : Front seat fix??

brettpro
11-25-2007, 03:15 PM
Ok, here are some pics of the bottom of the driver's seat - the screws are coming out and seem to be stripped out. Can I just drill some new holes into the fiberglass?? Is there anything I need to be careful of in that case? Also, I need a new black cover that goes beneath the seat to hide / protect the metal...any words on where to get one of those? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks, Brett

JohnnyB
11-25-2007, 07:31 PM
Really hard to see what you're talking about as the pictures come up really small. Are you talking about the machine screws that go into floor of the boat?

I guess no matter where they are, can you use a screw extractor to get the old ones out or drill through them preserving the hole size and then re-tap the holes and install new screws? You may want to consider using stainless steel screws and coat them with never seize.

brettpro
11-25-2007, 08:09 PM
JohnnyB,
It looks like the previous owner had taken the seat out and then tried to screw it back into the same holes...The screws must not have taken b/c there are a few other holes that look like were made afterwards. That being said, can I make some new holes and re-screw the seat into the floor??
Sorry about the pics showing up so small...don't know what I did wrong with that one.

mayo93prostar
11-25-2007, 09:11 PM
yes, you could slide the seat base forward or back a little and drill new pilot holes for the screws. the other option that i recommend is to get some epoxy that you mix together and pour it into the holes to fill them and then drill a pilot hole in the same places. you may want to drill the holes out a little before you put epoxy in so the epoxy can adhere to good solid fiberglass. I did this epoxy method on some screw holes on the back center board where the motor cover attaches and it worked well. good luck.