PDA

View Full Version : NASA "Outhouse Project" Patch

Skibumtx
11-25-2007, 09:38 AM
My wife is leading the group purchasing a new toilet for the Space Station. This will allow the crew to increase from 3 people to 6 late next year. One of the design folks came up with a funny logo for the "Outhouse Project" team. We have been selling shirts exclusively to the team, but thought we would open it up to you guys on the board. Here is the link:
Orbital Outhouse Patch (http://home.comcast.net/~kegenterprises/whcpatches.html)

This would make for a unique X-mas gift.

JohnnyB
11-25-2007, 07:34 PM
Just curious, who is your wife's direct employer. Many folks that work for NASA are contract through other larger engineering and science firms...

Mikey
11-25-2007, 08:08 PM
My wife is leading the group purchasing a new toilet for the Space Station. This will allow the crew to increase from 3 people to 6 late next year.

How often do they use the bathroom up there that one toilet isnt enough for 6 people? :confused:

Farmer Ted
11-25-2007, 09:09 PM
just figured they used piddle packs

how many thousands of hours of liason engineering did that cost?

phecksel
11-25-2007, 09:12 PM
I'm surprised they would sell the patch. We get special logos and pins made up for project teams, and they are seldom allowed outside the team. Kinda a badge of honor...although what a poopy project.