PDA

View Full Version : Happy Black Friday!!

JoshBuzz
11-23-2007, 09:28 AM
4:00 this morning came way to early!! Went out and fought the Houston masses for a bit, got some cheap movies, but that's about it!! Now it's time for a nap before the big game!!

GO AGGIES!! BEAT THE HELL OUT OF T.U.!!

Lennyp04
11-23-2007, 09:36 AM
I don't think I'm gonna drag my parents anywhere til a little later when the crowds die down. Hopefully go to the Apple store and check out an iPhone. My brother wants to go to best buy because they have some kinda Laptop and printer combo for like $259.99 but in anycase happy black friday...now go get some sleep!

ShamrockIV
11-23-2007, 10:22 AM
BLACK FRIDAY?
it is for me because i am working today!!
If i was not i would be curled up on the couch not fighting the masses for a discounted Hannah Montana doll like it was the last gallon of water on the planet!!!!!
Have fun!!!

Workin' 4 Toys
11-23-2007, 10:36 AM
Spending the day working, tonight dinner and visiting some friends and their brand new baby.
My shopping experience this year will consist of point/click/buy/ship. Speaking of which, I may get started this sunday about 10:00AM and be done by 10:15AM.:D And 10 of those 15 minutes will be me taking breaks drinking my coffee. (I am going to ENJOY my time off) It's worth the shipping fees not to stand in lines. Just hope it all gets here in less than 3 weeks giving me some time to wrap...

suedv
11-23-2007, 11:00 AM
I absolutely HATE to shop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Besides totally hating the crowds and shopping in general, I would find a long day of walking through big stores and malls and standing in lines holding stuff to be exhausting. I still have to wear my oxygen at night and I have to wear it when doing sustained activity (like walking) for more than three minutes. Walking around a mall would require that I haul oxygen around with me. I'd much rather save my energy to work on cleaning up the leaves in my yard.

TX.X-30 fan
11-23-2007, 11:10 AM
Spending the day working, tonight dinner and visiting some friends and their brand new baby.
My shopping experience this year will consist of point/click/buy/ship. Speaking of which, I may get started this sunday about 10:00AM and be done by 10:15AM.:D And 10 of those 15 minutes will be me taking breaks drinking my coffee. (I am going to ENJOY my time off) It's worth the shipping fees not to stand in lines. Just hope it all gets here in less than 3 weeks giving me some time to wrap...

I have a whole new respect for you WFT, even without the garage pics. :D :rolleyes:

milkmania
11-23-2007, 11:17 AM
dude, you rock!

CNN just reported that this next Monday is referred to as Cyber-Monday.... the biggest online ordering day of the year
also, some of those places send the gifts already wrapped:banana:;)

Mikey
11-23-2007, 12:30 PM
I was roped into going shopping on BF a few years ago with my ex-wife and her mother. I will NEVER do it again. I would rather pay full price than have to fight those crowds.:mad: I also found out that sweet little old ladies with walkers are not so sweet when there is a sale at Wal-Mart.:D

Workin' 4 Toys
11-23-2007, 01:12 PM
I have a whole new respect for you WFT, even without the garage pics. :D :rolleyes:
Thanks....And have patience....I have some deliveries coming and that should help with my little garage's photogenic appearance. Although deliveries= less space so we shall see.

Rexdog1- You are welcome to come to Chicago Anytime and take your own picture.8p

Workin' 4 Toys
11-23-2007, 01:20 PM
dude, you rock!

CNN just reported that this next Monday is referred to as Cyber-Monday.... the biggest online ordering day of the year
also, some of those places send the gifts already wrapped:banana:;)
I hope to be done before monday...I'll need all the bandwidth I can get..;)

The wrapping I can handle myself... I have to do something with all these old newspapers and magazines laying around. Recycling at it's best..;)

suedv
11-23-2007, 01:29 PM
Check out this out on You Tube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVvEChXulSs

This trampling happended 2 years ago at the Cascade Walmart near Grand Rapids. How embarassing that people get so greedy with shopping. This big rush was because Walmart was selling laptops for something like $200.00. The computer was probably some no-name brand that wasn't worth much more than $200 anyhow.

JoshBuzz
11-23-2007, 03:33 PM
Doug must not have caught this, but here's the real reason for Black Friday...

GO AGGIES!!! BEAT THE HELL OUT OF TEXAS!!

:D

Chicago190
11-23-2007, 03:52 PM
Just ordered a new laptop, $100 off, free shipping, $99 mail in rebate on Microsoft Office, and no waiting in line.

Lennyp04
11-23-2007, 04:22 PM
Went to the mall around 10. Wow. We parked all the way at the end of the lot. It was funny too cuz we didnt go to see stuff at the mall other then the Apple Store. My brother wanted to check out a computer at best buy and my mom and I knew they wouldnt have any but somehow he was still upset when they didnt have 1. It was funny my mom asked the employee if they only had one since alot of times they only have 1 of an item and hes like NO I HAD MORE THEY JUST SOLD. They had 15!

I dont think it was worth it though. Other then I got to play with an iPhone!

Footin
11-23-2007, 04:43 PM
Went to Sears this morning, had some great sales. I bought the 10 piece gear wrench set in metric and standard. After all discounts, total for all was 53.00 for both sets, not bad.

JoshBuzz
11-23-2007, 06:49 PM
AGGIE FOOTBALL UPDATE...

TAMU- 17

texas university- 3

mitch
11-23-2007, 08:32 PM
Check out this out on You Tube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVvEChXulSs

This trampling happended 2 years ago at the Cascade Walmart near Grand Rapids. How embarassing that people get so greedy with shopping. This big rush was because Walmart was selling laptops for something like $200.00. The computer was probably some no-name brand that wasn't worth much more than $200 anyhow.

That's classic, I saw that on Fox earlier

tex
11-23-2007, 09:37 PM
AGGIE FOOTBALL UPDATE...

TAMU- 17

texas university- 3

Screw you josh-I hope they keep fran!
Happy Turkey Day!

JoshBuzz
11-23-2007, 10:10 PM
What a wonderful game!!

A) we won!! 38-30
B) Fran resigned
C) time to spend the night on the town, then go to the lake tomorrow morning!!

WHOOP!!

:d