PDA

View Full Version : Now THAT is service...

Monte
11-22-2007, 01:16 PM
Two years ago we bought all new appliances from a local Appliance dealer. About 11:00am (Thanksgiving day) we noticed a huge puddle on the floor in front of our fridge. All of the ice in the ice maker was melting. No cooling whatsoever. Fridge and freezer are dead. The owner happens to live around th corner. With no other options than to go buy a bunch of coolers and a ton of ice we called him. I apologized for having to call him on this of ALL days, but explained our delima. He said no problem I'll be there in ten minutes. He came over and diagnosed the problem in a matter of minutes. He has gone to pick up a fan, a relay, and another fridge Just in case it is the compressor too.. If it were any LARGE dealer I doubt I would get that kind of service.. And get this... he said there will be no charge except for the parts I need.. Unless they are covered under warranty.. Moral... Small business will always be the best... :cool:

tex
11-22-2007, 01:29 PM
Very Cool-Happy Thanksgiving!

Monte
11-22-2007, 01:49 PM
Very Cool-Happy Thanksgiving!

He just left.. I told him he saved Thanksgiving.. Again, I offered him some money/ asked what I owe him. "Nope, thanks for being a customer.. I'll see you when you come in to buy that deep freeze your wife was fussing at you about;) Besides you got me out of the house:D "

We had a pretty long conversatin about Walmart.. They suck:mad:

RexDog1
11-22-2007, 02:07 PM
He just left.. I told him he saved Thanksgiving.. Again, I offered him some money/ asked what I owe him. "Nope, thanks for being a customer.. I'll see you when you come in to buy that deep freeze your wife was fussing at you about;) Besides you got me out of the house:D "

We had a pretty long conversatin about Walmart.. They suck:mad:

That is cool

You know if the door fell of the curio cabinet you would not get serves like that :D

Have A good one!!!!!!

Monte
11-22-2007, 02:20 PM
That is cool

You know if the door fell of the curio cabinet you would not get serves like that

Have A good one!!!!!!

You're probably right:( But I did order it through a local small business:rolleyes: They would be here tomorrow:D

You have a good one as well....:uglyhamme

uawaterskier
11-23-2007, 04:21 AM
i worked in a mom and pop hardware store for several years in high school. They family was the nicest people to work with, and with one of the oldest businesses in the city, there is no doubt they would do something like that. I think that everyone should support there local businesses because the last thing I want is to be ruled by corporate chains.

uawaterskier
11-23-2007, 04:21 AM
i worked in a mom and pop hardware store for several years in high school. They family was the nicest people to work with, and with one of the oldest businesses in the city, there is no doubt they would do something like that. I think that everyone should support there local businesses because the last thing I want is to be ruled by corporate chains.

Maristar210
11-23-2007, 05:25 AM
Great Story my friend. I hate WalMart too... I refuse to buy that crap they sell.

I am off to buy other crap this morning. Yes its 4:20AM and yes I am leaving soon to go fight the massess. 1st time for me. You guys all know how patient I am, shound'nt be a problem :D :D

Maristar210
11-23-2007, 05:25 AM
Great Story my friend. I hate WalMart too... I refuse to buy that crap they sell.

I am off to buy other crap this morning. Yes its 4:20AM and yes I am leaving soon to go fight the massess. 1st time for me. You guys all know how patient I am, shound'nt be a problem :D :D

Lennyp04
11-23-2007, 09:44 AM
Thats awsome. Small businesses are so reliable and its funny because everyone thinks that you need to go with a big name dealer but that will only cause you more trouble in the long run.

Happy Thanksgiving!

TX.X-30 fan
11-23-2007, 10:53 AM

You have finally snapped, seek professional help soon. :D :D

Monte
11-24-2007, 01:16 AM

Unfortunately without some consumer support Mom & pops will cease to exist. Thank goodness I did. Otherwise I would trash can full of wasted food. I'm sure I payed a little more, but now I know why:cool:

Monte
11-24-2007, 01:24 AM

I am off to buy other crap this morning. Yes its 4:20AM and yes I am leaving soon to go fight the massess. 1st time for me. You guys all know how patient I am, shound'nt be a problem :D

Thank goodness somebody else hates wal mart too. I'm on a personnal crusade of sorts.. as you can see in my signature:D

The Mrs. got up this morning at 3:30?? I think.. I slept til 9:rolleyes: Like TX says you need help:noface:

BTW how'd that go??

Ron Grover
11-24-2007, 01:36 AM
Support local businesses. They support your community, they live in your community and they invest in your community.

Nothing like having a person that is vested in a business and vested in your satisfaction. Glad you had such a good experience.

I do whatever I can to stay out of the corporate giants. I'd rather go hungry and forage for my food before I send my money to Bentonville.

An no I am not a small business owner. I work for a small business owner. I have worked for some of the largest consumer goods manufacturers in he world and I'd never go back.

Just my $.02

SunCoast 83
11-24-2007, 03:30 AM
You's never get that from a major retailer, especially on Thanksgiving. Great story.

School Skier
11-24-2007, 08:39 AM
We just bought new appliances for our home back in summer from a kitchen specialty store they were bought out by an appliance giant. The right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing. I had to make more phone calls and write more E mials to get the stuff delivered.