PDA

View Full Version : Cancer Patients & Morphine

milkmania
03-16-2005, 01:09 PM
I've got a mother in law that will very soon pass from Lung Cancer...

I think the highlight of this woman's life is the funny crap she says while heavily medicated with morphine. so totally unpredictable!

my own mother passed away in 92 from cervical cancer....some of her funniest moments where morphine induced

must be some good stuff:headbang:

east tx skier
03-16-2005, 05:01 PM
Milk, I'm sorry to hear about your loss. I lost my Dad to a variety of cancers in 1990. My wife lost her mother to breast cancer in 1992 I believe. I don't think my Dad was prescribed any morphine moments. Whatever helps, in my opinion.

jimmer2880
03-16-2005, 05:58 PM
Milk, I'm sorry to hear about your loss. I lost my Dad to a variety of cancers in 1990. My wife lost her mother to breast cancer in 1992 I believe. I don't think my Dad was prescribed any morphine moments. Whatever helps, in my opinion.

That's right... I dont' want to be starved to death... but, if I'm in pain, make me not care!

quincyfirefighter
03-16-2005, 11:43 PM
Hope you remember the good times :)

milkmania
03-17-2005, 12:13 AM
more importantly my wife seems to be enjoying the stay overs at this point.

I tried telling this lady that over 4 packs of cigarettes was gonna catch up with her.

thank ya'll for the kind words too:)

tex
03-17-2005, 10:43 AM
Not to sound uncaring and a hard@$$ but here is a story about my dad. He died of cancer in 96. My mother has a reputation for confusing words. My mother, sister, and myself are standing with the cancer doctor(very dry lady) over my dying father. She is in the proceess of telling us that he is in tons of pain and will not wake up. We have been prepared for this for awhile. My mother looks at the doc with all good intentions and says, "you know doc, with all this pain, I can see why Dr. Karaoke has a job!" Me and my sister burst out laughing and I asked the doctor if she would meet us later at the Kavorkian bar to have some drinks. She looked at us like we were crazy. My mother was pissed at us for making fun of her but it did break up a very somber moment. Call us weird but it helped us deal with the pain! True story-Tex

east tx skier
03-17-2005, 11:23 AM
Tex, it's things like that that make such awful situations easier to bear. The night my father passed away, my half-brother and his wife came over an brought BBQ. We sat around the kitchen eating that stuff and telling stories about my dad. It was an unbelievably sad time, but we all laughed ... a lot.

tex
03-17-2005, 12:15 PM
My dad loved Natural Light-Every year-B-Day, Father's Day, and the day he passed-I drink me some serious Natural Light. I took two attorney's out skiing one year on one of those days-they brought their own beer but started making fun of me when i pulled out the N.L. I let them have their fun and then explained the reasoning-They poured out the Bud Light were drinking and had N.L. the rest of the day. it's a small thing but always makes be think good thoughts! My sister even hid one in his casket-her reasoning was wherever he went-he would be thirsty when he arrived!

MasterMason
03-17-2005, 12:33 PM
My dad loved Natural Light-Every year-B-Day, Father's Day, and the day he passed-I drink me some serious Natural Light. I took two attorney's out skiing one year on one of those days-they brought their own beer but started making fun of me when i pulled out the N.L. I let them have their fun and then explained the reasoning-They poured out the Bud Light were drinking and had N.L. the rest of the day. it's a small thing but always makes be think good thoughts! My sister even hid one in his casket-her reasoning was wherever he went-he would be thirsty when he arrived!

my grandpa got buried with a six pack as well. He loved his beer. He was in his 90's when he went, and last few years he couldn't really drink, but we used to take him near beer, just so he could have the taste.

east tx skier
03-17-2005, 12:35 PM
I didn't have the forethought to stick a bottle of Cutty Sark in with my dad, but it's probably just as well. A little Cutty and water with a twist always does me right.

Professor
03-17-2005, 12:47 PM
Milk, sorry for the loss!

tex
04-19-2005, 05:13 PM

9 years ago today, my father passed from cancer-Please raise a Natural Light in his honor! Grammer police-sorry for the run on-He could ride a disc while smoking a cig and drinking a beer-all while sitting in an old school lawn chair! It may not have been a hard trick, but boy was it a fun one to watch! Cheers Dad!

erkoehler
04-19-2005, 05:21 PM
Just remember to remember the good times!

east tx skier
04-19-2005, 05:22 PM
Cheers, to Tex's Dad!

erkoehler
04-19-2005, 05:30 PM
I'll second that and raise my glass in memory! :)

André
04-19-2005, 08:33 PM
:toast: To you Dad Tex!

erkoehler
04-19-2005, 08:42 PM
:toast: :D

Leroy
04-19-2005, 09:15 PM
It's good to know I'm already in good company! Cheers to NL!

Leroy
04-19-2005, 09:16 PM
I just hope someone is carrying one into the nursing home when I'm 90 years old!

lakes Rick
04-19-2005, 09:37 PM
Thanks for all the dying and getting old stories on here.. Today is my 50th birthday.... ho ho ho.........

mbeach
04-19-2005, 10:17 PM
milk - lost my mom to esophogeal cancer in 01. had her on morphine last week or so. it helped her relax to the extent she was unaware of how sick she really was. the big C is really scary stuff!! as for me, to quote one of my favorite songs "prop me up beside the jukebox when i die".

tex
04-20-2005, 09:55 AM
Thanks guys! Everyone on this site is great! My summer goal is to get to ski with at least 3 people from here(Stevo not included-He's in my backyard). Thanks again!