STP
Velvet Revolver
Jimmy Buffett
Jack Johnson

:D :) ;) :rolleyes:

MarkP
08-06-2004, 11:39 PM
Jeremy

I have a long list of music that I really enjoy, blues, rock, etc, etc, but the default music on the master craft is UB40 :headbang:

JEREMY79
08-07-2004, 10:30 AM
Jeremy

I have a long list of music that I really enjoy, blues, rock, etc, etc, but the default music on the master craft is UB40 :headbang:

dude my boat missed that default. Jack Johnson on my stereo

east tx skier
08-07-2004, 12:11 PM
Forgive me if I leave anyone out. In no particular order ...

The Beatles
Phish
Soulhat
The Rolling Stones
Grateful Dead
Talking Heads
Ween (some PA boys for ya Mark)
Maceo Parker
Prince
Trey Anastasio Band
Bela Fleck and the Flecktones
Frank Zappa and the Mothers of Invention
Beck
Steely Dan
The Flaming Lips
Parliment Funkadelic
Beastie Boys
James Brown
Al Green
Willie Nelson
Belle & Sebastian

and many many more

obligatory :dance: :banana: :headbang:

lakes Rick
08-07-2004, 04:48 PM
Captain & Tenille "Muskrat luv".....

bradamerry
08-07-2004, 06:11 PM
I like most any music, but RAP!

Love old country,

Johnny Cash
Willie Nelson
Waylon Jennings
Merle Haggard

I just hate to see newer artist remake an oldie. Kenny Cheseny and Kid Rock just carved up Luckenbach Texas.

Farmer Ted
08-07-2004, 07:33 PM
Don't forget Hammer or Milli Vanilli (man did those guys get a raw deal)

Seriously.....

Santana
BB King
John Lee Hooker
Bad Company
The Firm
Tenacious D
Jimi Hendrix
Deep Purple
Ministry
Robbie Robertson

MarkP
08-07-2004, 08:11 PM
Waylon and Merle WAY cool!!:toast:

JimN
08-07-2004, 09:09 PM
Rick- you ARE kidding about the Capt and Tenille, right? RIGHT?

89PROSTAR
08-12-2004, 03:06 PM
I'm a little late on this, but here are our two favs.

Jimmy Buffet
Beastie Boys

:banana: :banana:

MarkP
08-12-2004, 03:22 PM
Rick

What Jim said:confused:

lakes Rick
08-12-2004, 07:28 PM
About time someone caught that one..... It usually gets some attention..... I am laughing so hard I might pee my pants.... You know, simple things for simple minds........

Hows this... Pink Floyd-Dark side of the Moon.... Many bong hits while listening to this years ago......

JimN
08-12-2004, 08:32 PM
Much better. I just got the Dark Side DVD. The interviews are pretty interesting, so far.

rem_p
08-12-2004, 10:55 PM
it all goes good with me...mainly country and rock man tho....on the boat it usually burned cds with some hank, guns n roses, ac'dc and what ever else is on there.....usually a little booty mix too so we can see the ladies out dacin on the back on the swim platform when we've been out on the lake all day and are feelin good :toast: :D

H20skeefreek
08-13-2004, 06:58 AM
I like everything from Allan Jackson to Snoop-Dog to Zeppelin. Honestly, there isn't any kind of music that i don't like something from the genre. I like some classical, too.

BUT my all time favorites are PEARL JAM and THE WHO.

the first thing i do when ever I buy a car (or my boat) is put a pearl jam stick man on it.

BriEOD
08-13-2004, 07:17 AM
I agree Thomas PJ rocks!

Buffet
Alan Jackson
Toby Keith
Tom Petty
Pearl Jam
Nirvana
Alice in Chains

BriEOD
08-13-2004, 07:19 AM
Rick,

You're starting to scare me man... :noface:

You need to go watch some monster truck racing or scratch yourself.

sledhead800
08-13-2004, 07:57 AM
1. led zeppelin
2. pink floyd
3. alice in chains, stone temple pilots, foo fighters
4. the doors
5. Rage against the machine
6.velvet revolver

lakes Rick
08-13-2004, 10:00 AM
Rick,

You're starting to scare me man... :noface:

You need to go watch some monster truck racing or scratch yourself.

Which part, Muskrat luv or the bong hits???

BriEOD
08-13-2004, 01:45 PM
The tunes...

JEREMY79
08-13-2004, 07:14 PM
seems like everyone likes the same thing y'all should really check out jack johnson especially if you like the buffett this didnt come from me but it is really some laid back "bong-hittin' " music sweet replys though keep em comin' :friday:

H20skeefreek
08-14-2004, 07:12 AM
anyone ever listen to Cowboy Mouth? I've been checking them out lately, not sure what i think yet.

BriEOD
03-03-2005, 10:04 AM
So, do most of you have CD's or MP3 CD's or IPOD or Sat Radio. What's the consensus for tunes of the river rafts?

ski_king
03-03-2005, 10:25 AM
So, do most of you have CD's or MP3 CD's or IPOD or Sat Radio. What's the consensus for tunes of the river rafts?
No music in my boat, at least not yet. Just not a good spot in the 82 to add the radio. We have many threads about that.
Although I have used the old boombox a time or two when we were out "rafting".

What I would like to do is find a portable speaker/amp system to use with my flash type MP3 player. Something I could store under the bow and pull out and set on dash, engine cover or whenever we wanted some music.

Does anybody know of such a product?

gene dobies
03-03-2005, 10:25 AM
We did the best cars how about the best bands
touchy subject
ROCK
The Doors
Alice and Chains
Fleetwood Mac
ZZ Top
Pearl Jam
Metallica
STP
Velvet Revolver
Jimmy Buffett
Jack Johnson

:D :) ;) :rolleyes: I think it's Alice IN Chains

nashvillematt
03-03-2005, 10:32 AM
I can say that I am THROUGHLY dissapointed in these lists. Not one mention of one os the best bands today. Little Southern Rock, little brass, lots of drums.......who else?

Widespread Panic.

If you have not heard of them...grab a CD. Lots of great music, and enough energy to get even the most worn out person an extra set..

gene dobies
03-03-2005, 10:36 AM
How about,

Cream
First Edition
Blood Rock
Rare Earth
Iron Butterfly
Mountain
Leon Russel
Crosby, Stills, Nash, and yes, Young
Canned Heat
Steppenwolf

east tx skier
03-03-2005, 10:56 AM
I can say that I am THROUGHLY dissapointed in these lists. Not one mention of one os the best bands today. Little Southern Rock, little brass, lots of drums.......who else?

Widespread Panic.

If you have not heard of them...grab a CD. Lots of great music, and enough energy to get even the most worn out person an extra set..

I used to go see WSP in the late 80s and up through about 98 or so. Great band, but I didn't enjoy their later albums as much. It was a shame about Mikey. When I moved to East Texas in 2001, I was pleasantly surprised to find a huge WSP following here. I don't listen to them as much as I used to, but you're right, great band.

nashvillematt
03-03-2005, 11:01 AM
Yeah...I do not do the same "following" that I did in college. But, sitting in a cove listening to a little Panic, drinking a Corona, watching all of the hot little hippies dance.....nothing better!

east tx skier
03-03-2005, 11:37 AM
Different band/similar scene, for me (saw many a phish show in my 20s).

You should check out Soulhat. They were coming up in Austin around the time WSP was starting to grow (around 91). They're pretty much done for, although Kevin McKinney is still playing quite a bit. Their drummer, Barry "Frosty" Smith (formerly of Ike and Tina and Parliment) was incredible (even in his 60s).

If you like horns, I highly recommend going to see Trey Anastasio's 12 piece band.

Professor
03-03-2005, 11:43 AM
Difficult to pick just a few and some great ones already mentioned. The easy part of the question is: CD player; IPod (which is still not full) and XM radio. Don’t know any that match early Floyd but a few more recent favs are Linkin Park, Staind, Molly, and after reading a few threads … a few specific ones that I strongly suggest are Nickelback’s “Good Times Gone,” Bowling for Soup’s “The Bit** Song” (GREAT VIDEO), and Puddle of Mudd’s “She Hates Me.”
Hey Mag???

nashvillematt
03-03-2005, 12:26 PM
I HATE trey....he is so egotistic and thinks the world revolves around him. I saw him at ACL last year....it was a decent show, but come on. I am one of the biggest Jam Band freaks around...not into trey.

I am jamming out to MOFRO right now. If you get a chance. Get their greatest hits CD...

Professor
03-03-2005, 01:18 PM
I HATE trey....he is so egotistic and thinks the world revolves around him.
I am jamming out to MOFRO right now.
Thanks on the MOFRO info. I will try some of their samples today. Trey? don't follow personal bios anymore...which one doesn't have ISSUES?

Rockman
03-03-2005, 01:52 PM
I would like to claim to have the broadest range of music than anyone I know (about 2000 cds) but some of you guys are really close.

To me, music is anything that get's you going at that point in time. It could be heavy metal or just something as background noise.

Some of the my most played cd's are (just to name a few):

Disturbed :D
Motley Crue
Fleetwood Mac
Neil Young
Counting Crows
Dr Dre
Bad (but good!) 80s bands :eek:
Doors
PJ

We usually let the person who is skiing play whatever he/she wants. So this way, everyone gets to blast some tunes. Late in the summer it started turning into who could bring the worst music and p*ss off everyone else in the boat. It was funny for about a week or so but then I had to pull the plug on that deal, what a headache!

Gotta love the times when my wife or some of her girlfriends put on their barefoot suits (shaking their hips ) and Bootylicious comes on the CD player...ah, the warm days of summer... :D

tex
03-03-2005, 02:03 PM
van halen
u2
anything off Thriller
eric johnson
buffett
culture club
ac/dc
johnny cash
whitney houston
willie
ace of base
any fun 80's
c&c music factory
femmes
john denver
10,000 maniacs

east tx skier
03-03-2005, 02:38 PM
I HATE trey....he is so egotistic and thinks the world revolves around him. I saw him at ACL last year....it was a decent show, but come on. I am one of the biggest Jam Band freaks around...not into trey.

I am jamming out to MOFRO right now. If you get a chance. Get their greatest hits CD...

Hey, you either like him or you don't. I think the guy's outstanding. Yeah, egotistical, but great on my ears, so I don't care. I don't have to live/work with him so it doesn't bother me how he is on a more personal level. I was at the ACL show, too. His setup highlighted exactly what you're talking about, but I loved it and will see him again when the opportunity is right. Kudos for him for touring with a sizeable horn section. Other than Prince, you don't see it as much as you should. Prince, there's another egoist. I must like that sort of stuff.

Haven't checked out Mofro. Have you heard of the Greyhounds? They're from my new hometown and are friends of ours. They're either pretty good friends and/or have toured with Mofro. Pretty fun act to see.

OhioProstar
03-03-2005, 03:18 PM
Not that I am a huge rap fan , but is anyone going to give Rap/Hip Hop some cred?

Notorious B.I.G.
Tupac
Dr. Dre
Snoop
Eazy E

I listen to everything so I would have to go with in no order:

Stones
Zepp
Dave Matthews Band
The Big Three for Country Kenny, Tim McGraw, & Toby
John Cougar- Mellencamp
Buffett
Pearl Jam
CCR

east tx skier
03-03-2005, 03:24 PM
If you're talking rap/hip hop, don't forget Outkast. And I think I listed the beastie boys. There's no denying Paul's Boutique.

mcprostar197
03-03-2005, 03:25 PM
Beatles, Doors, Hendrix, Zeppelin, Neil Young, PINK FLOYD, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Tom Petty, Tool, and many many more.

Professor
03-03-2005, 03:34 PM
Maybe should mention our favorite music while skiing (and biking)…one of my favs is the Daredevil soundtrack.

OhioProstar
03-03-2005, 03:47 PM
East TX I was sticking with the classic Rap...but Beasties fit the bill !!

BriEOD
03-03-2005, 04:13 PM
Good tips guys I'm just going through everyones post and punching into my LimeWire the songs I want.

Zach S
03-03-2005, 04:40 PM
Robert Earl Keen
Clumsy Lovers
Hank Williams III (Yes, he is the Grandson of the great)
Tool
Rage
Janes Addiction
Mike Ness
Smashing Pumpkins
A Perfect Circle
Stone Temple Pilots

and the list goes on... :headbang:

nashvillematt
03-03-2005, 05:01 PM
We usually slam the sub really hard for a few hours (mostly at the end of the day when everybody is having a good time)

Too Short
Biggie
Outkast
Believe it or not.......THE GAP BAND will make everybody shake that ***.
Widespread
J Johnson (heard the new one last night...good stuff)
Old Crow Medicine Show
Big Head Todd
Dirty Dozen Brass Band
Dave

There is a lot more...but for some reason I cant remember right now...Guess thats the puff. Oh well.

east tx skier
03-03-2005, 05:17 PM
For shaking that thang ... among others, these come to mind

Maceo Parker
Tower of Power (bump city, back to oakland and East Bay Grease)
Al Green (live in Tokyo is pretty great)
Brand New Heavies Experience Vol. 1)
The Meters

By the way, if anyone likes the Talking Heads, go see David Byrne if you get the chance. We caught him in 03 at a small club in Dallas. 6 piece string section and that guy's voice hasn't lost a bit. Or just rent "Stop Making Sense." Best concert movie ever.

betsy&david Harrison
10-29-2005, 10:36 AM
I'm late on this too but who cares... To get pumped up for skiing a tournament, I have to listen to Van Halen....Sammy songs...but I like David lee Roth's stuff too. Just something from VH because it gets all the crap out of my head before I ski. B

Ric
10-29-2005, 10:39 AM
Robert Earl Keen
Clumsy Lovers
Tool
Rage
Janes Addiction
Mike Ness
Smashing Pumpkins
A Perfect Circle
Stone Temple Pilots

Cool I didnt know anybody outside of TX was into Rober Earl Keen!

Speaking of aggies, I enjoyed Lyle Lovett doing the national anthem at minute maid during the first ever world series in Texas, if that counts.

River Rat
10-29-2005, 01:29 PM
I have a CD with 2 burn't CD's

AC-DC
Buffett
Hank jr
Merl Haggerd
Van Halen (old stuff)
Tom Petty
Kid Rock
:guitar:
In my truck I carry tons of old Country but in the boat I like to rock

Zach S
10-31-2005, 08:21 AM
Cool I didnt know anybody outside of TX was into Rober Earl Keen!

Speaking of aggies, I enjoyed Lyle Lovett doing the national anthem at minute maid during the first ever world series in Texas, if that counts.

Some friends from Texas introduced me to his music. There is definetly a reason he is at the top of the list.

ksmaristar91
10-31-2005, 09:19 AM
Definetly hitting all the right notes! Here are a few of mine and if you havent heard of OAR check out their live stuff! It is great boat music.

OAR
Beastie Boys
Pearl Jam
Motley Crue
NIN
Stevie Ray Vaughn
Ian Moore
Big Head Todd and the Monsters
Bloodhound gang

Just a few! Great thread!!!
:D :D

richardsoncd
10-31-2005, 01:31 PM

Widespread Panic.

Right on....Panic is sweet, and every once in awhile some Phish. Nothing like heading out early to find some glass with some Chilly Water blairing through the speakers!!! But then again I am a little partial being an Athens kid.

Ron Grover
10-31-2005, 03:21 PM
Aerosmith
Jimmy Buffett
Clapton
Steve Miller
Queen
Bob Seeger
Bob Dylan
The Who
Allman Brothers
Pink Floyd
The Temptations
Mellencamp
Starship
Santana
The Doobies
Eagles
Tom Petty
Crosby Stills Nash and Young
Roling Stones
Springsteen
Fleetwood Mac
Kansas
Doors
Creedence Clearwater Revival
War
Grateful Dead

I guess you can probably tell about how old I am LOL

captkidd
11-03-2005, 03:37 PM
Ricky Skaggs and Kentucky Thunder
Doyle Lawson and Quiksilver
Rhonda Vincent and the Rage
Cherryholmes
Osborne Brothers
Lester & Earl
Third Day
4Him
Steven Curtis Chapman

Man I just don't fit in around here.

Ric
11-03-2005, 03:58 PM
Some friends from Texas introduced me to his music. There is definetly a reason he is at the top of the list.
"I've met a lotta bulls in my time........ Their work is never done.."

6ballsisall
11-03-2005, 04:39 PM
Hey who's seen Jeremy79 lately??? Is he doin well?

Footin
11-03-2005, 04:54 PM
He's a newlywed.........you what he's doing.

6ballsisall
11-03-2005, 04:57 PM
He's a newlywed.........you what he's doing.

Dangit you just had to bring it up :eek: Green w/ envy Green w/ envy :D

Hey Jeremy come up for air sometime and say hi dude! :D

Ric
11-15-2005, 12:31 AM
Just listened to a live Pat Green XM radio-channel 12 concert in NYC.

As odd as that sounds it is awesome getting that stuff on radio which we would not otherwise hear!

Upper Michigan Prostar190
11-15-2005, 10:24 AM
We did the best cars how about the best bands
touchy subject

Yes its a touchy subject. OK, if you think I am snobby about skiboats, you aint seen nothin yet! :uglyhamme ;) Music is my passion!!!! Alright, I will try to contain my attitude and be good. Here's my list, laugh if you want at the 80's bands in it, but they rock.

(in no particular order)

Van Halen (the reunion tour was cool even though EVH is a jerk, but he did write some great songs, and revolutionize rock guitar with playing technique and many technical innovations on the instrament itself and of course, Sammy just RULES!!!!)
Journey (if you close your eyes, you wont know its not really Steve Perry....simply bonechilling)
Kansas (their live show is unbelievable, unmatched musicianship, Best live show for true talent with no flashiness)
Styx (the REAL styx with DDY, not the current FAKE Styx with 3 stand ins and a washed up JY and TS)
Dennis DeYoung (best singer in the world, hands down with a great new band)
Pat Benetar ( she still has an amazing voice, and looks great 25 years later!)
Iron Maiden (amazing precision, with all 3 guitarists on tour, it sounds JUST like the studio, they are simply amazing musicians despite the cheesey motif, the song structure and dynamics are excellent)
Judas Priest (Halford is the best metal voice there is, and a classic guitar duo in Tipton and Downing)
Def Leppard (classic vocal harmonies and melodic hooks, they are a pop rock machine that wont quit, great sound. Phil is a great guitarist, and backup singer but very underrated)
and just for the record George Lynch sits on the top of the heap for guitarists. as cheesey as Dokken was, without him it would have never took off. He was the ultimate rock guitarist. He had a style that was so out of this world. He actually became bigger than Dokken. A case where one guy stole the thunder from the rest of the band. An amazing and innovative guitarist, very modest and not a ego maniac in public like most rock stars. His strength is he constantly learned and progessed as a guitarist and never rested on his past achievements.

There are many other bands I like, far too many to list, but these are the best on my list.

A side note: they dont make the BEST band list, but although they lack catchy melodies, if you want to get your doors blown off by amazing virtuosity check out a live DVD by Dream Theater it will leave you in awe, but you cant really whistle even one of their tunes. they are just "musical gymnists" that are technical masters of their instraments. its just devoid of any musical content. i.e. you could never dance to it, not by a long shot.....

OK, I got my flame retardant suit on now, go ahead and burn me!!! :uglyhamme

UMP

M-Funf
11-15-2005, 11:59 AM
Well, since our normal ski days are also game days, we usually have the ballgame on the radio...

And, right now all I have is a Clarion tape deck in the boat, but I dumped my home tape deck years back when CD burners became available, so I don't have any tapes 8p

Guess I'll have to upgrade to CD, or at least take my old CD walkman and plug it into the tape deck...

Once that happens...I think the list will look something like this:

Van Halen
Styx
Rick Springfield
The Offspring
STP
Blindside
Guano Apes
Pearl Jam
Alina
Led Zeppelin
Stones

LakePirate
11-15-2005, 01:23 PM
I guess it is time to chime in on this thread.

Here goes

Allman Brothers
Lynyrd Skynyrd
OutKast
Notorious B.I.G
George Thorougood and the Deleware Destroyers
Tom Petty
Roy Orbison
AC/DC
Guns - n - Roses
Big Bad VooDoo Daddy (the best band I have ever seen live)
Hank Williams Jr.
David Allen Coe
Pink Floyd
Rolling Stones
The Doors

I am sure that there are more.

Ric
11-29-2005, 10:18 AM
Zach I'm sad to announce that REK may have sold out 8p
I just heard "Merry Christmas from the Family" being done on a top 40country radio station by Montgomery-Gentry. The only lyric they changed was to use "diapers" in place of "tampons".

Robert Earl Keen
Clumsy Lovers
Tool
Rage
Janes Addiction
Mike Ness
Smashing Pumpkins
A Perfect Circle
Stone Temple Pilots

Zach S
11-29-2005, 12:56 PM
Zach I'm sad to announce that REK may have sold out 8p
I just heard "Merry Christmas from the Family" being done on a top 40country radio station by Montgomery-Gentry. The only lyric they changed was to use "diapers" in place of "tampons".

That is just plain wrong. For someone that is bigger and badder than John Wayne and cooler than Steve Earl. Next thing you know they will be saying a pack of juicy fruit instead of Salem lights... :noface: