PDA

View Full Version : Resource Section

tph
03-16-2005, 12:35 PM
In addition to a "How to" section how about a "Where" section. It seems like someone is always looking for gelcoat, rub rail, electronic ignition, carburators, impellers, steering wheel, windshield and other parts that are not always available through MC. Also, best price info would be useful. Suppliers that come to mind are Spectrum color, Skidim, Ebasic power, Taco, Summit Racing, and Marine Glass Specialties. I'm sure there are many others. Service resources would be useful too. Just a thought.

6ballsisall
03-16-2005, 01:05 PM
I second dat!

east tx skier
03-16-2005, 05:33 PM
I agree it would be useful/helpful, but just to play devil's advocate. How long before some :cry: complains that MC is endorsing sources other than its dealers. Might be best to not highlight this kind of stuff, but just let the information come out as needed. The search feature on this site works really well in my experience.

I'm not trying to pi$$ on a good campfire here, but just figured I'd mention this. Nobody seems to care if it comes up in discussion. But if it's a signpost, it draws the wrong sort of attention.

That said, I'll never pay $48 for an impeller.

Cloaked
03-16-2005, 06:00 PM
.........That said, I'll never pay $48 for an impeller.
:toast:
:steering:
:popcorn:

Point, game, set, match!

tph
03-17-2005, 01:38 AM
I agree it would be useful/helpful, but just to play devil's advocate. How long before some :cry: complains that MC is endorsing sources other than its dealers. Might be best to not highlight this kind of stuff, but just let the information come out as needed. The search feature on this site works really well in my experience.

I'm not trying to pi$$ on a good campfire here, but just figured I'd mention this. Nobody seems to care if it comes up in discussion. But if it's a signpost, it draws the wrong sort of attention.

That said, I'll never pay $48 for an impeller.

Unfortunately..you may have a point. Though.. many of the items are not available through MC. I guess nothing's the same since the "group buy" sting. Searching previous posts is OK, but time consuming and many people don't do it. It just seems more efficient to put all the pertinent info in one place.

cfps
09-19-2009, 07:48 AM
Why are there not more sub-headings? Way too many post are under general. I love Mastercraft but this is one of the least favorite forums I use. Usage would go way up if it was easier to get to the info. you were looking for. Just my $.02. Keep up the fantastic boat building!

88 PS190
09-19-2009, 01:28 PM
Any suggestions for the sub-sections?

The key to this website is searching it using google advanced search.

TMCNo1
09-19-2009, 02:06 PM
It's been asked for more than once, but..............:rolleyes::confused:

lynettexstar
09-21-2009, 03:27 PM
i would like to see stories of personal nature ie family experiences ,possibly boat pictures,weekend adventures call it "Fun Food an Family"

87MCProstar
09-22-2009, 05:34 PM
Another great idea is to seperate information as well. When I had a Camaro, there was a forum that seperated information based on generation of the car, i.e. 67-69;82-92. That would help people find relative information about their year/model of boat. Just my .02

TX.X-30 fan
09-22-2009, 06:09 PM
I would like to see a basement.

rodltg2
09-22-2009, 06:20 PM
there is another forum , loosely used for MC boats.it contains alot of sub categories. however it will take some time to gain an invitation, if at all!