PDA

View Full Version : Stop a nick from becoming a rip?

bdecker
11-20-2007, 08:41 AM
Does anyone have experience repairing small blemishes in their vinyl? I have a tiny spot, maybe the size of a fingernail where my vinyl is scuffed, and within that area there appears to be a spot about the size of the tip of a pen where the vinyl may be penetrated or at least significantly thinned. I am wondering if there is any way to address this before I end up with a bigger tear. It is on one of the trim panels in my 197, so it doesn't much wear. The only product I know of is that cheap stuff in the auto parts store which dries kind of yellow...

Anyway, I think that would look worse than the blemish I have now, but would love to know if there is a better solution. It is the slightly off-white interior vinyl, I believe MC calls it "Dove". Thanks!

TMCNo1
11-20-2007, 08:46 AM
In most areas, there are people who go to new/used auto dealerships and repair all kinds of interior blemishes on used and new cars, including vinyl, leather, cloth, carpet, even plastic interior parts and can match the color exactly where you can never tell it. Check with your car dealers and they can hook you up with them, cause they also do work for individuals.

east tx skier
11-20-2007, 10:47 AM
On my old boat, I tried to put a little epoxy underneath a nick to keep it from getting worse. The epoxy yellowed a bit. If I were going to do it again, I'd have an upholstery shop do it.